Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 168.
#1001 3 years ago

Hey guys, if anyone has purchased a backup set of TWD Pro plastics from marcos here - http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-F8 and has them handy, would you mind scanning them or taking some good quality photos of them?

Scanning would be preferred but not everyone has a scanner The Virtual Pinball community thanks you in advance!

PS. I have a Walking Dead Pro but do not want to take it apart for plastic scanning unless I really have no choice. Thanks again for whoever helps us out!

TWD_Pro_Plastics.jpg

#1003 3 years ago

image.jpeg

#1004 3 years ago

Woah - you must have gotten to Last Man Stainding- Nice!

#1005 3 years ago

Open your inlanes

#1006 3 years ago

Anyone else experience a game reset during Horde?

I've had it happen once on the last code, and once last night after I installed the new code.

The lights in the game are going crazy during Horde which makes me think maybe I have a GI short somewhere, but I haven't really looked under the hood much yet. Figured I'd run it by you guys first.

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I've had it happen once on the last code, and once last night after I installed the new code.
The lights in the game are going crazy during Horde which makes me think maybe I have a GI short somewhere, but I haven't really looked under the hood much yet. Figured I'd run it by you guys first.

also had the problem ...
I am reassured that it's software
and no material ...

#1008 3 years ago

Any of you guys have a problem with your x-bow acting up occasionally? About one in four times it will start to move maybe an inch, and then goes back and spits the ball out in home position. Then it will rotate out and shoot it out itself.

This started after installing the x-bow mod. I lowered the pf with a few washers under the hangers and it worked fine up until this last week.

Guess I'll have to dig in there again.

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Any of you guys have a problem with your x-bow acting up occasionally? About one in four times it will start to move maybe an inch, and then goes back and spits the ball out in home position. Then it will rotate out and shoot it out itself.
This started after installing the x-bow mod. I lowered the pf with a few washers under the hangers and it worked fine up until this last week.

I had this problem when I first bought my premium. Turned out it was an over sensitive switch on the prison walker so the prison doors would close or even the slightest shaker trip would trigger it right when the xbow was about to start then the mode would end and the xbow would auto unload. So maybe try giving a little more space between the leaf switches on your prison walker.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

This should be addressed in v1.56 update from yesterday. Can you install that and report back?

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Ive been to horde a ton of times and it's super solid. I'd be looking away from. A software issue here unfortunately I can't really suggest where to start if the game only crashes and resets during horde and nowhere else.

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ive been to horde a ton of times and it's super solid. I'd be looking away from. A software issue here unfortunately I can't really suggest where to start if the game only crashes and resets during horde and nowhere else.

Game plays great otherwise. Guess I'll have to start investigating.

#1013 3 years ago

Found one in the wild this weekend. Rocky Mountain Pizza at Georgia Tech.

Prison doesn't work but I set high CDC score. image.jpeg

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This should be addressed in v1.56 update from yesterday. Can you install that and report back?

*Sigh*, I put up some good scores and now they'll be gone again. Damn updates!

#1015 3 years ago

light bug !!!!
(walking dead premium)

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

light bug !!!!
(Walking Dead premium)
ยป YouTube video

That's not a software bug. It's poor communication between the light harness connector and the controlling board. Sometimes you can fix it by reseating the connector under the playfield. For my Metallica, the fix was temporary.

#1017 3 years ago

I just joined the club! Such a great game!

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

light bug !!!!
(Walking Dead premium)

You may need to upgrade the wiring harness. Stern offers a beefier version that is better suited for the task. Since it is a known issue with the early builds, they sent me the new harness for free.

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You may need to upgrade the wiring harness. Stern offers a beefier version that is better suited for the task. Since it is a known issue with the early builds, they sent me the new harness for free.

thanks for the information

#1020 3 years ago

I have a TWD LE (#416) bought Dec. 2014 from a fellow pinsider, but have not (yet) experienced the light bug issue seen in the YouTube video from Ibarakuro.

A connector reseat under the playfield seems to be a fix as per Markmon, but also a new (free) wiring harness is being offered by Stern as gweempose states.

Gweempose -- how long ago was this offered & do you know if it is still being offered?

Should I be asking Stern for the beefier harness?

Not sure if this affects LEs or if my machine is considered an early build.

Advice appreciated.

#1021 3 years ago

I wondered the same. Nov 4th 2014 LE build. No lighting issues.

#1022 3 years ago

Mine occasionally has similar issues with the lights going crazy, I found it's a two-wire connector on the light board closest to the coin door under the pf. I reach in through the coin door and wiggle it and then it's fine for a few more days. I haven't lifted the pf yet to address the issue or I would give a conn. #.

Glad this has been posted so I can check on getting a replacement.

Mine is an LE with a build date of 10-31-2014.

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Gweempose -- how long ago was this offered & do you know if it is still being offered?

It is my understanding that since this is a known design flaw, Stern will replace the harness even if the game is out of warranty.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It is my understanding that since this is a known design flaw, Stern will replace the harness even if the game is out of warranty.

Guess I'll be hitting up JJ for this. Thx for the info guys.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks Gweempose

#1026 3 years ago

Hey guys, looking to join this club soon! I have heard that Stern is supposed to get this game to distributors again sometime in January.

Can anyone confirm this? I don't mean heresay or game of telephone; I mean somewhere that we can read and verify it for myself.

Thanks!

#1027 3 years ago

Joined yesterday, #334 le - already addicted.

#1028 3 years ago

Any idea if the upgraded harness issue is also applicable to pros?

#1029 3 years ago

Woot

image.jpeg

#1030 3 years ago

Great score, Markmon.
I have yet to see LMS myself.
I see you have the prison tower mod, mine should arrive this week.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Hey guys, looking to join this club soon! I have heard that Stern is supposed to get this game to distributors again sometime in January.
Can anyone confirm this? I don't mean heresay or game of telephone; I mean somewhere that we can read and verify it for myself.
Thanks!

It's true. Told by Stern they're being run again in Jan.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

It's true. Told by Stern they're being run again in Jan.

Pros or premium? Probably both since its so popular now? I was told just pros by few distros but that was probably just to jack price up on premiums bc I wanted one lol

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Great score, Markmon.
I have yet to see LMS myself.
I see you have the prison tower mod, mine should arrive this week.

Is that the tower next to the barn?

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Is that the tower next to the barn?

The tower is behind the prison building left of the fish tank with the 3 heads.

#1035 3 years ago

im having what I think is a problem sometime I shot the ball through the riot shot and it doesn't register that I've made a kill (where the insert turns off) I think unless I hit the tower switch behind the pops. For that shot do I only have to hit the switch through the that lane or do I have to hit the tower switch as well? I just smashed on a few games this past hour! Such a great games! Fast furious and the lighting awesome too! Thank you layman again!

#1036 3 years ago

Switch should be enough (without the target). Adjust it (or replace in worst case) and you should be good.

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

The tower is behind the prison building left of the fish tank with the 3 heads.

Looks more like a barn. How many prisons have a pitched roof & barn doors?

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I'm having what I think is a problem. Sometime I shoot the ball through the riot shot and it doesn't register that I've made a kill (where the insert turns off) I think unless I hit the tower switch behind the pops. For that shot, do I only have to hit the switch through the that lane, or do I have to hit the tower switch as well?

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Switch should be enough (without the target).

Yep. You definitely only have to roll over the switch for the shot to count. In fact, I've had times where after hitting the Riot shot the ball comes back the opposite way and triggers a second Riot hit. It's like a 2-for-1 special!

#1039 3 years ago

I am just loving the game more than ever with this new code! In my opinion, TWD has become Lyman's masterpiece. He took all of his experience from every game that came before it, and used it to create a ruleset that is truly like no other. It's challenging, strategic, and most of all, fun as hell! How many other games have three mini wizard modes (four if you count Crossbow Frenzy), plus an extremely difficult to reach main wizard mode? Heck, even the mini wizard modes are hard to achieve. I still haven't seen Siege or Escape Terminus yet. In terms of depth, there are very few games that can rival TWD. The only ones that come to mind are LOTR, TSPP and WOZ (all Keefer games, by the way). The main difference between TWD's gameplay and all of those games, however, is that it's so DAMN HARD to keep the ball in play. The depth combined with the difficulty creates a playing experience that perfectly encapsulates the theme of fighting for your life in a world filled with "walkers".

We should all take a moment to appreciate just how lucky we are that we have a guy like Lyman coding games. He is an irreplaceable asset to our hobby.

#1040 3 years ago

Thinking about picking this up. How does the pro compare to the premium? Will I miss the crossbow if I go pro?

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Thinking about picking this up. How does the pro compare to the premium? Will I miss the crossbow if I go pro?

I like the crossbow, especially now that Lyman has tweaked the code, but the walker bombs are the biggest difference between the premium/LE and the pro. They fundamentally change the game and make it more fun with a lot more strategy.

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pros or premium? Probably both since its so popular now? I was told just pros by few distros but that was probably just to jack price up on premiums bc I wanted one lol

Probably. Premiums for January confirmed by Stern and my distributor. If you can wait til then, no need to get bent over.

#1043 3 years ago

I know it was discussed earlier, but has anyone played with getting to siege yet on new code? Since the latest update, I got the prison mb super jackpot twice (in two separate games). I have t done off glass testing yet, but I'm thinking you have to get the super twice in one game which means you'd have to get it in two (or more) separate multiballs as after you get a super it switches to victory laps.

#1044 3 years ago

I put my deposit down with Trent @ Tilt Amusements today as he confirmed that he will have Pro and Prem in January. He told me that the premiums will be in small numbers, so if you want a premium, strike while the iron is hot.

Give him a call as he has the best prices IMHO.

#1045 3 years ago

How do you accumulate walker bombs? I keep forgetting about them but managed to save my game once and start WWMB

#1046 3 years ago

How do you accumulate walker bombs? I keep forgetting about them but managed to save my game once and start WWMB

You have to qualify prison, well walker, or horde to get their respectful walker bomb. I.e. Start clear the prison yard to qualify prison walker bombs; prison bombs are then accumulated by the first aide insert - I.e. When all 3 drop targets are up, hit any drop target when the first aide insert is flashing, that'll lock the first aid insert then complete the rest of the drops to collect the walker bomb. Sounds more confusing than it is.

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You have to qualify prison, well walker, or horde to get their respectful walker bomb. I.e. Start clear the prison yard to qualify prison walker bombs; prison bombs are then accumulated by the first aide insert - I.e. When all 3 drop targets are up, hit any drop target when the first aide insert is flashing, that'll lock the first aid insert then complete the rest of the drops to collect the walker bomb. Sounds more confusing than it is.

DAMN that's not easy!! But what in this game is? Any tips on hitting those drops?

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I know it was discussed earlier, but has anyone played with getting to siege yet on new code? Since the latest update, I got the prison mb super jackpot twice (in two separate games). I have t done off glass testing yet, but I'm thinking you have to get the super twice in one game which means you'd have to get it in two (or more) separate multiballs as after you get a super it switches to victory laps.

I've gotten prison super jackpot twice (separate games). Not that difficult, one with a walker bomb after drain.

I've gotten everything else except Siege, new or old code.

I think you are right, it takes two super jackpots on same game.

Working on that theory now.

#1049 3 years ago

And it's not just the "walker bombs" that make the difference on pro versus premium.

BG and crossbow now are a huge part of the game. Plus, the magnets are crazy now with the new code!

I've had it from day one, actually completed LMS and still LOVE playing it more all the time.

Just got Matt's Back Alley train track and sign mods to install and need to drop in the crossbow mod too.

And I don't have a shaker yet!

I'm not sure how Borg and Lyman are going to top this one but I hope they do.

I was a HUGE fan of Borg's layout from day one and knew Lyman would bring it home. My best pin ever.

#1050 3 years ago

DAMN that's not easy!! But what in this game is? Any tips on hitting those drops?

Bank off of WW, nudge ever so slightly off of slings and practice that right flipper shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
$ 199.99
$ 19.95
There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside