IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 237.
#10401 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, transferred the bling from the PRO to the LE, pro is to his new owner and the upgrade is finished.
Must say that the BG ramp shoots great, better as I expected. Have ordered the cliffy for it (the playfield below is OK but the mylar is damaged already from the rivets). Just paging Gnassel for his BG mod but no reaction sofar
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ive also reached out to Gnassel for the BG mod with no luck. if anyone has a line on him let me know.

Thanks

#10402 2 years ago

Any tips on tweaking the zombie head in Terminus to register hits better? I’ve really got to smack mine dead on and hard…makes it near impossible to get to Siege.

#10403 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

zombie head in Terminus

The head is in the prison. That’s why it’s called Prison multi ball. It’s the prison that was under siege by the Governor in the story arc around the time the pin came out.

#10404 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Any tips on tweaking the zombie head in Terminus to register hits better?

Adjust the switch to be more sensitive.

LTG : )

#10405 2 years ago

I'm at a loss with my phantom well walker hits. I've replaced the switch and adjusted it just many times. From what I can tell, it should be working correctly. I can move the well walker back and fourth and hear the switch activate and deactivate every time but I'm still getting random well walker hits when playing. It's pretty random though, one night it will happen over and over, the next night maybe only a couple times. Seems to me it's a loose connection or a cold solder joint.

Does anyone know where the well walker switch wires attach in the backbox so I can check the connection point?

#10406 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjust the switch to be more sensitive.
LTG : )

Yep! and also make sure the spring is on there. I had to do both on mine just the other day.

#10407 2 years ago

Thanks, Ive not opened it up yet so this is helpful. Are we removing the prison or can you get to the switch underneath?

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Yep! and also make sure the spring is on there. I had to do both on mine just the other day.

#10408 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks, Ive not opened it up yet so this is helpful. Are we removing the prison or can you get to the switch underneath?

Switch is just a leaf. The spring goes from a rod to the bottom of the head bracket. All done without removing a thing.

#10409 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I'm at a loss with my phantom well walker hits. I've replaced the switch and adjusted it just many times. From what I can tell, it should be working correctly. I can move the well walker back and fourth and hear the switch activate and deactivate every time but I'm still getting random well walker hits when playing.

Go into switch test and test other things in case you have a bad diode somewhere in the matrix. Any other switches report wrong or multiple closures?

#10410 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I'm at a loss with my phantom well walker hits. I've replaced the switch and adjusted it just many times. From what I can tell, it should be working correctly. I can move the well walker back and fourth and hear the switch activate and deactivate every time but I'm still getting random well walker hits when playing. It's pretty random though, one night it will happen over and over, the next night maybe only a couple times. Seems to me it's a loose connection or a cold solder joint.
Does anyone know where the well walker switch wires attach in the backbox so I can check the connection point?

You've just described my problem exactly too. I am very interested to hear if anyone else has encountered this and has a fix or likely cause of this issue.

#10411 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Any tips on tweaking the zombie head in Terminus to register hits better? I’ve really got to smack mine dead on and hard…makes it near impossible to get to Siege.

I seem to recall discussion in this thread where people added a coin to the standup that's triggered to help out as well.

Yep, found it. Basically the standup starts to dent from the metal piece it had to hit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/74#post-3430441

#10412 2 years ago

Ayyyy thank you for this, I adjusted the leaf switch today and it was better but not great. Definitely gonna try this tomorrow!

Quoted from setzkor:

I seem to recall discussion in this thread where people added a coin to the standup that's triggered to help out as well.
Yep, found it. Basically the standup starts to dent from the metal piece it had to hit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/74#post-3430441

#10413 2 years ago

LE’s and pros come up for sale a fair amount, but haven’t seen any premiums lately. What are HUO premiums going for?

#10414 2 years ago

Grass is mowed and I’m about to fill my whisky glass and kill some walkers.

Happy Thursday.

#10415 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

LE’s and pros come up for sale a fair amount, but haven’t seen any premiums lately. What are HUO premiums going for?

My guess is $7500+ depending on upgrades (i.e. color dmd, etc), topper (Stern factory) and overall condition

#10416 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah I’d agree with the above post. A decent players condition TWD premium will be around $7500 in CA. With extra mods and the must-have color DMD, you’re looking at $8k.

That price may go up though as now stern will be charging $8999 for a premium…

#10417 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is $7500+ depending on upgrades (i.e. color dmd, etc), topper (Stern factory) and overall condition

I remember when right before covid started causing closures and stuff. A guy on here couldn't seem to get $5600 for his nice TWD Premium.

#10418 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I remember when right before covid started causing closures and stuff. A guy on here couldn't seem to get $5600 for his nice TWD Premium.

A lot has changed in a few years....especially when the Stern topper is selling for $2K

#10419 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

A lot has changed in a few years....especially when the Stern topper is selling for $2K

Isn't that the truth. I purchased my TWD premium from the Pinball Refinery back in April of 2016 and I got one of the last Stern toppers that were available at that time for TWD. It was a $400 accessory, however I thought that it would be worth it in the long run to have it on my game and I am glad that I did add it.

Gord

#10420 2 years ago

What a rush. Horde twice. Made it to terminus.

This is such a great game

8F5DD20A-64B6-4EFB-A084-8641C7FB94F8 (resized).jpeg8F5DD20A-64B6-4EFB-A084-8641C7FB94F8 (resized).jpegC3E9F7F7-3477-431A-A3C9-84BB73A33CEA (resized).jpegC3E9F7F7-3477-431A-A3C9-84BB73A33CEA (resized).jpeg
#10421 2 years ago

Picked up a pro after owning a premium awhile back. Has anyone modded their pro with some red lighting to strobe with horde mode? One of the few things I miss from the premium.

#10422 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Picked up a pro after owning a premium awhile back. Has anyone modded their pro with some red lighting to strobe with horde mode? One of the few things I miss from the premium.

I'm curious if you get a response because I feel the same way. I had a LE at one time and sold it, eventually buying a maxed out Pro which I love. I think it shoots better than an LE and the only thing I miss on the Premium/LE is the lightshow for the Horde mode.

#10423 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I'm curious if you get a response because I feel the same way. I had a LE at one time and sold it, eventually buying a maxed out Pro which I love. I think it shoots better than an LE and the only thing I miss on the Premium/LE is the lightshow for the Horde mode.

i put a pinduino with led strips in the backboard and trough , on the side of the right ramp and on the left side rail ( before jjp flash rails or whatever they call them) you can program some cool effects that probably can mimic or surpass the premium light show limited only by your programming skills and imagination .i don't get to horde that much but iirc everything pulses red , between that and the shaker pulsing and the subwoofer pumping it is quite the package .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/178#post-5558300

#10424 2 years ago

My Crate mod came in a few hours ago, and I had to install it right away!

Special thanks to @vimtoman, lighting fast shipping mate!!

DB253839-0755-4F6D-BBD2-8A25EC7C8D03 (resized).pngDB253839-0755-4F6D-BBD2-8A25EC7C8D03 (resized).png69A47F88-1236-4F7F-BBA5-1C1CEBF2DF97 (resized).png69A47F88-1236-4F7F-BBA5-1C1CEBF2DF97 (resized).png4DBAF6BC-A73E-4CB2-B3EB-3CA0D26B1483 (resized).png4DBAF6BC-A73E-4CB2-B3EB-3CA0D26B1483 (resized).png
#10425 2 years ago

Imagine that I need to open up a new thread but figured I would post in here 1st. I'm in the market for a TWD LE Pin but almost all the one I can find have the brown legs/lockdown, etc... Figured I would buy one of these LE's and then change it out with the blood armor. Only thing is I can't find the bloody armor anywhere. Any suggestions? Thanks

TWD-BLOOD-ARMOR (resized).jpgTWD-BLOOD-ARMOR (resized).jpgTWD-BLOOD-ARMOR-2 (resized).jpgTWD-BLOOD-ARMOR-2 (resized).jpg
#10426 2 years ago

Looking for a Walking Dead Vinyl banner, anyone have one they'd sell or trade? Have a Avengers IQ and TMNT banners I'd trade.

#10427 2 years ago

These have been claimed.....

One of the translucent drop targets on our Pro broke so I bought a new set. These were installed when I bought the machine. I believe that they were made by Mezelmods.

I have the other two (used) that I won’t need since the replacements are different in appearance. Possibly good as a back up for someone or if it can be used on a different Stern pin. Perhaps a premium or LE owner could use one of them for a backlit Woodbury lane drop target?

$10 shipped for both and I’ll include a couple of promo pieces.

082A1ED0-A594-49C9-9C67-0404FD9734E9 (resized).jpeg082A1ED0-A594-49C9-9C67-0404FD9734E9 (resized).jpeg3C4F38E9-11EE-42E2-AAD3-0A3E0ABC8DB2 (resized).jpeg3C4F38E9-11EE-42E2-AAD3-0A3E0ABC8DB2 (resized).jpeg

#10428 2 years ago

Is there an easier way to get a mode started other then hitting those drop targets on the left? Or is that the only way?
Thanks

#10429 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there an easier way to get a mode started other then hitting those drop targets on the left? Or is that the only way?
Thanks

if by mode you mean barn,cdc, riot, tunnel or arena only the drop targets

#10430 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks

Complete them once for the first mode and twice for the following mode starts.

#10431 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks

The drops are the absolute key to this game... and being able to shoot the actual flashing target is critical!

#10432 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

being able to shoot the actual flashing target is critical!

A flashing target only signifies that's the thing you'll collect when you complete the drops. Doesn't matter which target you hit.

Maybe you're thinking of making progress towards Blood Bath? To do that you must collect each of the three items but it still doesn't matter which target you hit. You must hit any of the drop targets while the thing you want to collect is flashing. Then you'll collect that thing when you finish the bank.

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Complete them once for the first mode and twice for the following mode starts.

That's true on factory default settings. I know it can be made more difficult, not sure if it can be made easier. Some settings the modes must be relit if you drain before starting one, other settings modes stay lit until one is started.

#10433 2 years ago

I’m in the club with a TWD LE

544184DA-9C56-41C3-BCBF-38F302C78C42 (resized).jpeg544184DA-9C56-41C3-BCBF-38F302C78C42 (resized).jpegA5165A20-7225-459D-B6F6-93610673910B (resized).jpegA5165A20-7225-459D-B6F6-93610673910B (resized).jpeg
#10434 2 years ago

double

#10435 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

A flashing target only signifies that's the thing you'll collect when you complete the drops. Doesn't matter which target you hit.
Maybe you're thinking of making progress towards Blood Bath? To do that you must collect each of the three items but it still doesn't matter which target you hit. You must hit any of the drop targets while the thing you want to collect is flashing. Then you'll collect that thing when you finish the bank.

That's true on factory default settings. I know it can be made more difficult, not sure if it can be made easier. Some settings the modes must be relit if you drain before starting one, other settings modes stay lit until one is started.

I know... they were two thoughts... clearing the drops is key to the game... and being able to shoot the one that is flashing is critical too... but in the context of the original question only the first thought mattered, you need to be able to clear those drops! Blood bath is really fundamental in scoring well though so getting that timing down is critical. Good clarification of the functionality!

#10436 2 years ago

Added a pair of bony flippers and transparent silicon rubbers. Quite pleased with the result

48BD746A-D997-4B2B-8912-7B972852495B (resized).jpeg48BD746A-D997-4B2B-8912-7B972852495B (resized).jpeg60B758BF-AA34-4BC3-A067-B586C5893410 (resized).jpeg60B758BF-AA34-4BC3-A067-B586C5893410 (resized).jpeg6822064C-1D2B-458F-A0C6-F1D730C343AA (resized).jpeg6822064C-1D2B-458F-A0C6-F1D730C343AA (resized).jpegAFCEBD9B-8463-4AAA-9C5B-C640AF1FD3D4 (resized).jpegAFCEBD9B-8463-4AAA-9C5B-C640AF1FD3D4 (resized).jpeg
#10437 2 years ago

Forget the bony flippers for a premium and LE. It blocks the crossbow

9668B41D-260F-4607-B322-DD4DCE786AF0 (resized).jpeg9668B41D-260F-4607-B322-DD4DCE786AF0 (resized).jpeg
#10438 2 years ago

I think we need a support group thread for TWD owners to talk them down from making stupid decisions.

Last night I had horrible game after horrible game on my LE, constantly bricking shots and outlane draining (side note: are there any safe shots in this game?). I was ready to haul the machine to the driveway and take a chainsaw to it.

But then I got a game going, making shots, stacking multiballs, completing modes...the adrenaline was pumping and after I finished I was saying to myself I can never get rid of this game.

Owners need support to talk us out of getting rid of our games during fits of rage and then regretting it. This machine is like a partner who's voice irritates the hell out of you, but man is the loving good

#10439 2 years ago

I have never owned a machine that I more often outright loathe and swear I am going to push into the driveway and burn, yet continue to hit start and take the punishment again and again and again, more than TWD.

#10440 2 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

I think we need a support group thread for TWD owners to talk them down from making stupid decisions.
Last night I had horrible game after horrible game on my LE, constantly bricking shots and outlane draining (side note: are there any safe shots in this game?). I was ready to haul the machine to the driveway and take a chainsaw to it.
But then I got a game going, making shots, stacking multiballs, completing modes...the adrenaline was pumping and after I finished I was saying to myself I can never get rid of this game.
Owners need support to talk us out of getting rid of our games during fits of rage and then regretting it. This machine is like a partner who's voice irritates the hell out of you, but man is the loving good

Last week after getting my personal best

“Honey, I honestly think I love a game more than Elvira

The next day

“I’m selling this fucking thing”.

#10441 2 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

Quoted from gambit3113:

I have never owned a machine that I more often outright loathe and swear I am going to push into the driveway and burn, yet continue to hit start and take the punishment again and again and again, more than TWD.

100% can relate... I wanted to tip mine over and burn it to the ground constantly! And then... Horde... this is a game that is hard to walk away feeling like you've won... but when you do it is very rewarding! This chat is making me want to find another

#10442 2 years ago

Buy Houdini then. It's one the same where you can have 20 shit games and then it just all comes together and it's incredible.

Taxi is the same too. Tough game to get a score on as the rules are so linear that you think getting all the characters lit in one ball is impossible, then you do it twice in one ball.

#10443 2 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

My TWD is fine. Stepping up to one in a tournament makes me cringe a little.

#10444 2 years ago

I let mine go for this reason alone. Location and Tourney players always stay far away and it doesn’t earn well. It IS the PERFECT game for a home collector though.

Quoted from Neal_W:

My TWD is fine. Stepping up to one in a tournament makes me cringe a little.

#10445 2 years ago

Why do tournament players not like this game?

#10446 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

fc2 (resized).jpgfc2 (resized).jpg
#10447 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Excuse me, what? This is one of my favorite tournament games.

#10448 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I let mine go for this reason alone. Location and Tourney players always stay far away and it doesn’t earn well. It IS the PERFECT game for a home collector though.

Pretty sure tournament players love this game. So many different strategies and ways to approach the game. The premium also adds an additional layer of strategy with the “walker bombs”. It’s a Lyman masterpiece.

#10449 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

?

It is used in tournaments all the time and the scoring/ brutal layout is perfect for tournaments.

#10450 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Didn't say that I didn't like it... just saying it puts the fear in me. In a big tournament there are a few ace players that kick my ass, and get in my head. In this case, the pin sometimes kicks my ass and gets in my head too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/209?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.