IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 236.
#10351 2 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

This is the one that came with my game , not sure where the previous owner got it from .
[quoted image]

yeah thats it, i found them yesterday.

#10352 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Pretty sure that's the same one posted just above that's being used as a topper... for those looking for it, search ebay for "walking dead bank" it will give you results like this:
ebay.com link: itm

no, its not the same one. same design though.

#10353 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Similar to the Jurassic park boys changing the jeep out. It doesn't appear anywhere in the video or art so looks a little out of place.

Quoted from swampfire:

I have come to love the Well Walker in the game. Just throw some rope (twine) around those man breasts. Looks great. See:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/204#post-6354230

I really like this idea - thanks for sharing. I just bought some. How did you attach it? Just tie from behind or glue?

I got a really nice LE about 6 months ago and really enjoy it. I replaced the brown with blood splatter armor which I think is still stern’s coolest looking armor mod. The code is great and with the modded cle code, she really sings.

0A3D0272-D744-4006-9D6F-65D59DF6BB45 (resized).jpeg0A3D0272-D744-4006-9D6F-65D59DF6BB45 (resized).jpeg

#10354 2 years ago

My barn magnet locks the ball, but do not relise it?
I havet to nudge the game very little to realise it.

#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

It should release on its own. The magnet may be dented or not level with the playfield.

I'm not a big fan of the existing well walker either. I repainted mine in hopes to make it look better with mixed results. I might have to put some rope around it too.

20210909_151403 (resized).jpg20210909_151403 (resized).jpg
#10356 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Similar to the Jurassic park boys changing the jeep out. It doesn't appear anywhere in the video or art so looks a little out of place.

Actually the jeeps they are doing in JP is in the ultimate code video clips from Tim.

#10357 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Actually the jeeps they are doing in JP is in the ultimate code video clips from Tim.

I was going to mention the same. The code Tim and I worked on takes care of that!

#10358 2 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Balls magnetised.

Change them

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Jack up the back legs!

#10360 2 years ago

Yes true but not on stock stern cab art or video

#10361 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the upgraded bracket kit on their pro?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html

The spring things are not terribly useful, but I was wondering if and where you would have to drill holes into the playfield to install these.

#10362 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Has anyone installed the upgraded bracket kit on their pro?
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html
The spring things are not terribly useful, but I was wondering if and where you would have to drill holes into the playfield to install these.

I bought them but have been too scared to drill into the bottom of my pf...

#10363 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You can always put a piece of tape on a drill bit for a stop indicator. Just place the drill against the edge of the PF as a guide and make sure the tape is placed so when the tape barely touches the underside of the PF - you're at the right depth. And recheck the tape placement after each hole is drilled. Or you can buy some drill 'depth stops', like below. Another option is to cut the drill bit to the right length that when it bottoms out in the chuck - you just can't drill thru the PF.

But I'm with you on installing those under the PF just because 'stuff happens'. I've installed the corner brackets on a few Sterns to prevent cabinet corner issues and I'm comfortable with the tape method.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10364 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So do the instructions detail where the holes need to go? Is it under the playable part of the playfield, or under a plastic somewhere?

#10365 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

So do the instructions detail where the holes need to go? Is it under the playable part of the playfield, or under a plastic somewhere?

Due to the under playfield mechanisms on each pin being different the locations will be dependant on that. Simply loosely attach them with the nut to the apron area first and then position them to where they will fit and not affect an assembly. Then mark the spot where you need to drill. I use tape on my drill bit (but make sure the tape does not slip down before drilling your second one). It is pretty simple - I have done 5 Sterns this way.

#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Anyone has a link or info on this mod?
the DIY mod I mean

There were a couple posts about it here. I have posted my version as well. That’s about it afaik.. not many people doing it as it’s a little involved (buying McFarland characters, cutting and gluing them, creating a bracket/carrier for them.

I would share the carrier I created for 3D printing if interested Pm me. It slides onto and bolts to the same hardware that the giant head is attached to. But it requires heat set nuts and new bolts..

#10367 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I remember people mentioning there's dimples indicating where to drill. Can't say I've looked for them.

#10368 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I remember people mentioning there's dimples indicating where to drill. Can't say I've looked for them.

If there's dimples why the need to drill. I've swapped dozens of playfield with say CPR playfields and have screwed where the dimples are direct. Never had a pf split if that's the concern but I can't remember what wood screws hold these brackets. Can someone explain why the pre drilling? I'm sure I'm missing something important here no doubt.

#10369 2 years ago

could somebody post some close-ups of their topper, gotta be an easy way to reproduce so i don't have to pay for an original.

#10370 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

gotta be an easy way to reproduce

Get an 10 gallon aquarium. Zombie heads off of Ebay. Figure some lights. Done.

LTG : )

#10371 2 years ago

Its one of the coolest toppers and won't be easy to reproduce. At $400 it was a pass for me (so I made the little aquarium for the upper right of the playfield like the premium/LE). Same function, same look but small.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

could somebody post some close-ups of their topper, gotta be an easy way to reproduce so i don't have to pay for an original.

#10372 2 years ago

any TWD for sale close to Nyack NY, i have to deliver a car in this town soon and id like to bring back a TWD on my way back to Canada.

#10373 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

If there's dimples why the need to drill. I've swapped dozens of playfield with say CPR playfields and have screwed where the dimples are direct. Never had a pf split if that's the concern but I can't remember what wood screws hold these brackets. Can someone explain why the pre drilling? I'm sure I'm missing something important here no doubt.

I'm not the OP about installing the bracket and screws, so I don't know the size of the screws. But I do it most the time just to make the screw go in easier and of course, being worried about splitting. If it was a #6, probably wouldn't predrill, but a #10 - yeah I'd pre-drill. Kinda on the fence on a #8. Just a personal preference of mine, never had to do it to a PF tho, only when adding cabinet corner braces to the Sterns.

#10374 2 years ago

Back in the club after a year and a half hiatus. Wanted a premium but ended up with a pro. Still love it, not sure why it ever left.

#10375 2 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Back in the club after a year and a half hiatus. Wanted a premium but ended up with a pro. Still love it, not sure why it ever left.

I had an LE sold it years ago, come back to the club in the past few months with a pro, other them really missing the walker bomb button I like the pro over the prem and LE. Just love the flow on this machine.

#10376 2 years ago

I had an LE sold it years ago, come back to the club in the past few months with a pro, other them really missing the walker bomb button I like the pro over the prem and LE. Just love the flow on this machine.

Me too - the ball just flows right into the drain all the time...

...and I keep coming back for more.

#10377 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Me too - the ball just flows right into the drain all the time...
...and I keep coming back for more.

D7187543-8CAB-4C46-B27A-B3DEF941F560 (resized).jpegD7187543-8CAB-4C46-B27A-B3DEF941F560 (resized).jpeg
#10378 2 years ago

The balls seem to eject hard into shooter lane. No setting to lower the power?

#10379 2 years ago

Nope. Unfortunately.

#10380 2 years ago

This setting is available on Spike games, but not SAM.

#10381 2 years ago

The way I handled this on my LOTR a was to add some rubbers to the mechanism to restrict the amount of travel. It works great. I have it folded up right now or I’d take a picture.

#10382 2 years ago

As it’s not a setting you can also insert a few ohm resistor of let’s say 5 watt. This will reduce the current going to the coil making it weaker.

#10383 2 years ago

There is a ball shooter lane protector sold on Pinball Life for $10, steel. It will save the wood on your shooter lane. When you hear it , steel on pinball, you won’t think anything about it. I put it on all my games.

#10384 2 years ago

Has anyone run across a sound mod based on slayer but without that (i think) Cannibal Corpse Blood Bath multiball song? Pretty much the worst song I've ever heard. Not too sure how to change it myself so thought I'd ask. thanks.

#10385 2 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

There is a ball shooter lane protector sold on Pinball Life for $10, steel. It will save the wood on your shooter lane. When you hear it , steel on pinball, you won’t think anything about it. I put it on all my games.

Thanks. Already ordered!

#10386 2 years ago

Has anyone seen the cool blood splattered glass that Refinery Pinball used on some of their walking dead machines? I was wondering if anyone has had any experience trying to stain the glass themselves? And are willing to share what they used to do so, maybe a clear epoxy with a red dye maybe?

#10388 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Has anyone seen the cool blood splattered glass that Refinery Pinball used on some of their walking dead machines? I was wondering if anyone has had any experience trying to stain the glass themselves? And are willing to share what they used to do so, maybe a clear epoxy with a red dye maybe?

I used these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2H9TLP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#10389 2 years ago

This game is to metal to turn anything down.

#10390 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I think they just used a clear decal that had blood splattered on it. I bought some of these for my ramps some years ago.

#10391 2 years ago

You guys are missing the point, it needs to be YOUR OWN blood. Open a vein and let ‘er rip!

#10392 2 years ago

For a premium/LE, could someone provide the decal number for the decal on the far right side rod the apron that sits over the shooter rod itself?

#10393 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

For a premium/LE, could someone provide the decal number for the decal on the far right side rod the apron that sits over the shooter rod itself?

Should be the same as the pro. I can check in a bit.

#10394 2 years ago

So, bit the bullet and decided to upgrade my pro to a LE.

I just find the twd such a great pin that I wanted to try this out and get the full experience.

So today picked it up and moved the pro downstairs and LE upstairs.

B5BA1549-A921-4260-BF10-BEC0C905CB19 (resized).jpegB5BA1549-A921-4260-BF10-BEC0C905CB19 (resized).jpeg
#10395 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

If they are available individually, reach out to Terry at PinballLife. He'll add it to his weekly Stern order. I've done that before a couple of times. Sometimes it's only part of a complete set (had that problem with a Munsters plastic part).

From the TWD LE manual (I have a Pro):

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10396 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in picking up a TWD in the New England area I’m letting my go. Gotta make room for a few new ones. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120808

1 week later
#10397 2 years ago

So, transferred the bling from the PRO to the LE, pro is to his new owner and the upgrade is finished.

Must say that the BG ramp shoots great, better as I expected. Have ordered the cliffy for it (the playfield below is OK but the mylar is damaged already from the rivets). Just paging Gnassel for his BG mod but no reaction sofar

16A49B14-D95F-48C8-B93F-F0F9D0C74986 (resized).jpeg16A49B14-D95F-48C8-B93F-F0F9D0C74986 (resized).jpeg262294B8-BF04-4FBE-899D-CC4FFD78C158 (resized).jpeg262294B8-BF04-4FBE-899D-CC4FFD78C158 (resized).jpeg6BF5970B-415E-4B32-9E64-DF612D14EBCE (resized).jpeg6BF5970B-415E-4B32-9E64-DF612D14EBCE (resized).jpeg908666DF-E6C5-4308-AFF9-9A7FE588DAE2 (resized).jpeg908666DF-E6C5-4308-AFF9-9A7FE588DAE2 (resized).jpegB66D7391-BD30-4AFA-B853-84796CC17666 (resized).jpegB66D7391-BD30-4AFA-B853-84796CC17666 (resized).jpegC3AC1E00-8F92-4BF1-B0C2-990DA522F9F7 (resized).jpegC3AC1E00-8F92-4BF1-B0C2-990DA522F9F7 (resized).jpegE75EDAB0-8E5F-457C-941F-C9BA68560AC4 (resized).jpegE75EDAB0-8E5F-457C-941F-C9BA68560AC4 (resized).jpeg
#10398 2 years ago

I sold my TWD pro a couple years back. Well it came home today in trade. So back in the club!

#10399 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, transferred the bling from the PRO to the LE, pro is to his new owner and the upgrade is finished.
Must say that the BG ramp shoots great, better as I expected. Have ordered the cliffy for it (the playfield below is OK but the mylar is damaged already from the rivets). Just paging Gnassel for his BG mod but no reaction sofar
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can use thin spring steel to cut a flap and adhere it to the bottom of the BG ramp flap that is already on there. Just snug it up to the rivets and cut it so it raises the ramp angle about a half inch (need about 1.5” of total flap length. This will help tremendously. It smooths out the angle so it isn’t so steep and it keeps it from clunking so much on that shot.

#10400 2 years ago

Added some cLear orange backlit droptargets

Idea from Vimtoman , thanks.

AF3C6CCD-B2DA-47B8-AEBB-D3004B7DF50B (resized).jpegAF3C6CCD-B2DA-47B8-AEBB-D3004B7DF50B (resized).jpegE98D24A7-F718-4153-BBF5-0B56DABADE0F (resized).jpegE98D24A7-F718-4153-BBF5-0B56DABADE0F (resized).jpegEA95A0ED-1157-455D-9A4F-088301F97EC0 (resized).jpegEA95A0ED-1157-455D-9A4F-088301F97EC0 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 11,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.