A5165A20-7225-459D-B6F6-93610673910B (resized).jpeg
082A1ED0-A594-49C9-9C67-0404FD9734E9 (resized).jpeg
3C4F38E9-11EE-42E2-AAD3-0A3E0ABC8DB2 (resized).jpeg
TWD-BLOOD-ARMOR (resized).jpg
TWD-BLOOD-ARMOR-2 (resized).jpg
DB253839-0755-4F6D-BBD2-8A25EC7C8D03 (resized).png
4DBAF6BC-A73E-4CB2-B3EB-3CA0D26B1483 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10455 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 210.
#10301 56 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

So after a night of getting my ass kicked does anyone have some sage advice? Other then play better lol. Once the ball hits the slings it’s almost an instant drain.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00605-save-post-walking-dead-by-yoyokopter

It's your game. Make it fun to play. Adjust the settings to make it challenging yet rewarding when you play well. If it seems too easy, adjust it harder. Too difficult, make it easier. Got ball control mastered? Take the save posts out! Oh, and watch the TunaTorial:

#10302 56 days ago

Trap the ball every time it gets to the flippers, shoot your drops and prison while ball save running. Stack your modes with well walker and blood bath. Game is hard as hell and the brutal Borg outlanes are most present on TWD

Quoted from RikeIsland:

So after a night of getting my ass kicked does anyone have some sage advice? Other then play better lol. Once the ball hits the slings it’s almost an instant drain.

#10303 56 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

What’s happening right before the ball gets into the slings? Work in reducing those instances.

#10304 56 days ago

Thinking about reducing the slingshot power a bit to see if that helps. Thanks everyone for the tips.

#10305 56 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Thinking about reducing the slingshot power a bit to see if that helps. Thanks everyone for the tips.

Which position are your outlane posts in? Have you tried making the game steeper to reduce side-to-side action?

#10306 56 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Which position are your outlane posts in? Have you tried making the game steeper to reduce side-to-side action?

Outlane post are still in the factory position but I think I have it at 6.7 or so on the pitch. I will probably adjust the outlane post to the bottom.

#10307 56 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Outlane post are still in the factory position but I think I have it at 6.7 or so on the pitch. I will probably adjust the outlane post to the bottom.

On my AIQ, I actually had to increase the slight shot power from 25 to 30 because the ball would slingshot into the outlanes consistently allowing no chance of a save.

Every game plays different though. I’d say 6.7 is a good pitch to have it at. I use Titan rubbers on my games and they tend to be a bit bouncier when the ball hits which may change the trajectory a little. May be worth a try.

#10308 56 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Can you do this on SAM games?

#10309 56 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes sir.

#10310 56 days ago

I checked my TWD and there are no settings for slings. I think they came out later with the spike games.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#10311 56 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I checked my TWD and there are no settings for slings. I think they came out later with the spike games.

I just changed mine last night. It was set to 32 and I dropped it to 25.

#10312 56 days ago

wow where is this setting in the menu?

Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just changed mine last night. It was set to 32 and I dropped it to 25.

#10313 56 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

wow where is this setting in the menu?

I believe it was 152 in the adjustments give or take a number or two.

#10314 56 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I was looking for a trough power for this title and couldn't find it. Is that in there, as well? Maybe I missed it.

#10315 56 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I was looking for a trough power for this title and couldn't find it. Is that in there, as well? Maybe I missed it.

I will take a look when I get home.

#10316 56 days ago

It will be funny and amazing if it turns out you have one of the rumored Spike The Walking Dead (Pro)

#10317 56 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It will be funny and amazing if it turns out you have one of the rumored Spike The Walking Dead (Pro)

lol did get it NIB about 6 months ago. Not sure what I would need to look for to find out.

#10318 56 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

lol did get it NIB about 6 months ago. Not sure what I would need to look for to find out.

That’s easy. Just have a look in the backbox. Do you see there just a little board it’s a spike. With SAM the whole backbox is filled.

#10319 56 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That’s easy. Just have a look in the backbox. Do you see there just a little board it’s a spike. With SAM the whole backbox is filled.

I am 90% sure it’s a SAM but I will have to take a look and see.

#10320 56 days ago

One thing I did to make the exit from the pops not center drain all the time was to remove the slim tapered post that was there and replace it with a normal rubber post. That way sometimes it will roll off that and will usually kick it over to the left flipper or sling.

20210314_084721 (resized).jpg
#10321 56 days ago

ok, I found it in Feature Adjustments - 151 Slingshot Power. THanks so much!

Quoted from RikeIsland:

#10322 56 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

One thing I did to make the exit from the pops not center drain all the time was to remove the slim tapered post that was there and replace it with a normal rubber post. That way sometimes it will roll off that and will usually kick it over to the left flipper or sling.
[quoted image]

Cheater! lol, I hated that drain the most when I owned the game it is absolutely maddening! My nudge game has never been strong enough to compensate for it but I just couldn't bring myself to change the post rubber... it felt like I was changing the intention of the game design and it would invalidate any of my scores or progress I made in the game... It's never clear to me who I'm trying to impress when I don't make things easier... but for whatever reason I like to leave the game as stock as possible, just feels 'right' to me at least... leaving it that way.

#10323 55 days ago
Quoted from roar:

Cheater! lol, I hated that drain the most when I owned the game it is absolutely maddening! My nudge game has never been strong enough to compensate for it but I just couldn't bring myself to change the post rubber... it felt like I was changing the intention of the game design and it would invalidate any of my scores or progress I made in the game... It's never clear to me who I'm trying to impress when I don't make things easier... but for whatever reason I like to leave the game as stock as possible, just feels 'right' to me at least... leaving it that way.

I understand the reasoning behind wanting to keep the game as intended by the manufacturer and I personally don't mind the difficulty. In fact TWD has made me a much better player. But most of my friends who play it, hate it. I even hate it myself sometimes. It is a tough playing pin. And sometimes it is necessary to make small changes in order to make it more enjoyable. A small change like that can be the difference between can't get rid of it fast enough to bolted to the floor. And right now it's going nowhere.

#10324 55 days ago

I've had several broken plastics on TWD premium. With BitBits closed (I think), where are you guys buying plastic protectors? All I can find is slingshot protectors but not the rest of the game.

#10325 55 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I understand the reasoning behind wanting to keep the game as intended by the manufacturer and I personally don't mind the difficulty. In fact TWD has made me a much better player. But most of my friends who play it, hate it. I even hate it myself sometimes. It is a tough playing pin. And sometimes it is necessary to make small changes in order to make it more enjoyable. A small change like that can be the difference between can't get rid of it fast enough to bolted to the floor. And right now it's going nowhere.

I am 100% in support of anything anyone does to their games to make themselves and their guests happy! Life's too short to not have fun on your own terms when you can control them.

#10326 55 days ago
Quoted from roar:

but for whatever reason I like to leave the game as stock as possible, just feels 'right' to me at least... leaving it that way.

Curious how a “stock” tilt bob or leg leveler is set?

#10327 55 days ago

My God. There is simply no game that makes me so mother effing mad and then so happy as this game. You literally are battling for your life in this game EVERY time. I yell the most at this game. I get the happiest with this game. I played for half an hour, and the emotions I feel playing it are like none other. I let out giants sighs of relief when something goes right, I yell both angrily and happily. What a game.

#10328 55 days ago

wasn't there a alternate bash toy somebody made a few years back? can't find it on here.

#10329 55 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

wasn't there a alternate bash toy somebody made a few years back?

Are you talking about the Moonwalking Dead one-off?
https://funwithbonus.com/the-moonwalking-dead-michael-jackson-edition/

#10331 55 days ago
Quoted from DNO:

Curious how a “stock” tilt bob or leg leveler is set?

I've never opened a new in box game before so no idea how a stock title bob is set. Mine is set super tight. Some people seem to know the desired pitch a game should be set at based on feedback from the designer, otherwise align to the bubble I guess... I'm guessing you were looking to make a point though rather than looking for an answer?

#10332 55 days ago
Quoted from roar:

I've never opened a new in box game before so no idea how a stock title bob is set. Mine is set super tight. Some people seem to know the desired pitch a game should be set at based on feedback from the designer, otherwise align to the bubble I guess... I'm guessing you were looking to make a point though rather than looking for an answer?

They come with the tilt bob in the coin box.
Or wrapped in foam so as you have to remove the bob to get it off. There's no factory setting, it's operator set.

#10333 55 days ago

sadly not either one of those. it was another more realistic creature to replace the cheesy fat walker

#10334 55 days ago

The stock Well Walker looks nearly identical to the one in the show.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

sadly not either one of those. it was another more realistic creature to replace the cheesy fat walker

#10335 55 days ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm guessing you were looking to make a point though rather than looking for an answer?

Actually interested in an answer, I prefer games “stock” as well, but usually that means settings and adjustments in software, and where the outlane posts and such come installed from the factory.
I don’t think TWD was designed to drain SDTM from the pops constantly, so I would be fine with a fat post if that’s what was needed to help. However, if it made the game NEVER drain out of the pops, that’s not the design either IMO.
I think all games constantly change and can be tweaked to make them play however the owner thinks the designer would have liked.
If a sling or pop is dead-ish from the factory, no shame in changing the stock setup.
And if you care,….tilt with the bob about halfway through the ring, levelers about halfway through the legs in the back, adjust from there to what’s seems “stock”. (That usually makes a game steeper than the middle-bubble, which I find way too floaty)
Those are my “stock” settings.

#10336 55 days ago
Quoted from DNO:

I don’t think TWD was designed to drain SDTM from the pops constantly,

This. And the fat rubber is a bad fix. Can send the ball right into the sling or out the left outlane.

Make the pops super sensitive, and get the level just right.

#10337 55 days ago
Quoted from DNO:

Actually interested in an answer, I prefer games “stock” as well, but usually that means settings and adjustments in software, and where the outlane posts and such come installed from the factory.
I don’t think TWD was designed to drain SDTM from the pops constantly, so I would be fine with a fat post if that’s what was needed to help. However, if it made the game NEVER drain out of the pops, that’s not the design either IMO.
I think all games constantly change and can be tweaked to make them play however the owner thinks the designer would have liked.
If a sling or pop is dead-ish from the factory, no shame in changing the stock setup.
And if you care,….tilt with the bob about halfway through the ring, levelers about halfway through the legs in the back, adjust from there to what’s seems “stock”. (That usually makes a game steeper than the middle-bubble, which I find way too floaty)
Those are my “stock” settings.

Cheers for the thoughtful reply, didn't think it was going to go that way, faith in humanity restored I figured you were fishing for a reason to tell me there is no such thing as stock, quit trying to duplicate something that can't be duplicated . I put a stronger coil and spring in my AIQ in attempt to have it make the ramp off plunge more consistently so I'm not entirely against changing a stock game.

#10338 53 days ago

Anyone with a twd pro for sale in canada or close to champlain\plattsburg ?

#10339 51 days ago

Has anyone broken this plastic? Have you found plastic protectors anywhere that includes this one? Thanks in advance!

20210903_233509 (resized).jpeg
#10340 51 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I know what you’re talking about - I swear I’ve seen it too.. a more typical zombie rather than a well walker. To me, while the well walker is ugly it makes a lot more sense than the alternative. On the other hand - the giant head in the prison makes zero sense so I did the McFarland zombie diy mod as well.. and damn it looks sooo much better than that head. Surprised more people don’t do it.

#10341 51 days ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Has anyone broken this plastic? Have you found plastic protectors anywhere that includes this one? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

yes mine also snapped. I ordered these protectors. There may be a US distributor

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/dySLfhjqn0a3ihRJK_xPZw?categoryid=23&category=Plastics%20Protectors&name=The%20Walking%20Dead%20%28Premium%29%20%7C%202014

#10342 51 days ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I know what you’re talking about - I swear I’ve seen it too.. a more typical zombie rather than a well walker. To me, while the well walker is ugly it makes a lot more sense than the alternative. On the other hand - the giant head in the prison makes zero sense so I did the McFarland zombie diy mod as well.. and damn it looks sooo much better than that head. Surprised more people don’t do it.

Anyone has a link or info on this mod?
the DIY mod I mean

#10343 51 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I don't know what happened to the gallery for this thread but I think this might be what you are looking for, it is a twd bank from ebay , I have this one as a topper but if you cut it about in half it can replace the well walker,there is another one with a zombie with a chain around his neck too. If you are not a DIY guy I think modfather used to sell these

20210904_081342 (resized).jpg
#10344 51 days ago

Thanks Vim! This is exactly what I was looking for. I assume you are overseas. Do you know anyone that has had them shipped to the US?

Does anyone know of a US distributor for these plastic protectors?

#10345 48 days ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Thanks Vim! This is exactly what I was looking for. I assume you are overseas. Do you know anyone that has had them shipped to the US?
Does anyone know of a US distributor for these plastic protectors?

In the Uk.
I've browsed and cant see anyone else making a full set.

#10346 47 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

wasn't there a alternate bash toy somebody made a few years back? can't find it on here.

This is the one that came with my game , not sure where the previous owner got it from .

069A9154-58B1-4DBC-96C3-3C59C44B41E0 (resized).jpeg
#10347 47 days ago
Quoted from Alby:

This is the one that came with my game , not sure where the previous owner got it from .
[quoted image]

Pretty sure that's the same one posted just above that's being used as a topper... for those looking for it, search ebay for "walking dead bank" it will give you results like this:

ebay.com link: itm

#10348 47 days ago
Quoted from Alby:

[quoted image]

Super cool looking, but not what the well walker looks like either from the show or the dmd. But modders gonna mod.

#10349 46 days ago

I have come to love the Well Walker in the game. Just throw some rope (twine) around those man breasts. Looks great. See:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/204#post-6354230

#10350 46 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

Super cool looking, but not what the well walker looks like either from the show or the dmd. But modders gonna mod.

Similar to the Jurassic park boys changing the jeep out. It doesn't appear anywhere in the video or art so looks a little out of place.

There are 10455 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside