TWD-BLOOD-ARMOR (resized).jpg
TWD-BLOOD-ARMOR-2 (resized).jpg
DB253839-0755-4F6D-BBD2-8A25EC7C8D03 (resized).png
4DBAF6BC-A73E-4CB2-B3EB-3CA0D26B1483 (resized).png
69A47F88-1236-4F7F-BBA5-1C1CEBF2DF97 (resized).png
8F5DD20A-64B6-4EFB-A084-8641C7FB94F8 (resized).jpeg
C3E9F7F7-3477-431A-A3C9-84BB73A33CEA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10443 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 209.
#10251 69 days ago

Finally figured out this shaker motor mess (pm me if you’re having issues with getting the pinball life SAM rev b to work) aaaand got to HORDE for the first time. This pin honestly is entering my top 3 of all time and it ain’t honeymoon thang. May grow to take the no 1 spot. Borg game f’n RIP....even with the brutal outlanes.

#10252 68 days ago

Set a new horde high score on my twd prem. Over all high score #1 as well. Love this game

9012A2D2-CDC4-4D89-9CB1-F08425EFF139 (resized).jpegE8D99F9B-452E-4C00-9899-E6994AF80276 (resized).jpeg
#10253 66 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Finally figured out this shaker motor mess (pm me if you’re having issues with getting the pinball life SAM rev b to work) aaaand got to HORDE for the first time. This pin honestly is entering my top 3 of all time and it ain’t honeymoon thang. May grow to take the no 1 spot. Borg game f’n RIP....even with the brutal outlanes.

The game is great. It's never leaving my collection. I almost want to buy another one and store it just in case. I have issues.

#10254 66 days ago

I don't have a super large collection, but I must say TWDLE is my go to most played pin. It will be the last one to leave my cold dead hands.

#10255 66 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

The game is great. It's never leaving my collection. I almost want to buy another one and store it just in case. I have issues.

Might be worth it just for the ramps…. Haha

#10256 66 days ago

So my wife is watching Sense and Sensibility on PBS, and who should pop up but The Governor! A little fatter, accent more British of course.

#10257 63 days ago

Hey folks,
I know this is a shot on the dark but thought I would try. Would anyone have an extra of the thin playfied plastic that goes around the center barn they are willing to part with? Just looking for a complete plastic, scratched up is totally fine. Much appreciated

#10258 63 days ago
Quoted from DesertPinGuy:

Hey folks,
I know this is a shot on the dark but thought I would try. Would anyone have an extra of the thin playfied plastic that goes around the center barn they are willing to part with? Just looking for a complete plastic, scratched up is totally fine. Much appreciated

What's the number on the plastic piece?

#10259 63 days ago

The piece I am hoping to find is #10. If you have it please take my money

#10260 62 days ago

Just joined the club with a sweet pro model. It's in the basement, but had to take the dang head off to get it in my vehicle, so not back together yet.

#10261 62 days ago
Quoted from DesertPinGuy:

The piece I am hoping to find is #10. If you have it please take my money
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"97bcb340f04211860225e953fdd89e0e4f6882bc-1629520160-1800"};
//]]>

Didn't have that one sorry.

#10262 62 days ago

Discovered my new toy was a couple updates behind. Had to update the code.

#10263 62 days ago

I'm not being successful in finding which adjustment I need to tweak. I believe you can make the game NOT allow you to start a mode, once multiball has begun. Anyone know which adjustment that is?

#10264 62 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Discovered my new toy was a couple updates behind. Had to update the code.

Highly recommend the Cleland code...

#10265 62 days ago

I'm not being successful in finding which adjustment I need to tweak. I believe you can make the game NOT allow you to start a mode, once multiball has begun. Anyone know which adjustment that is?

IF they are lit before starting the multi-ball I don't think it's possible to disallow starting a mode.
You can definitely disallow lighting the modes. One way is standard adjustment 52 Competition mode. Other ways are using the "Installs" menu, I think Hard might do it, Extra Hard definitely will work. Install Competition will also do it afaik.

#10266 62 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

IF they are lit before starting the multi-ball I don't think it's possible to disallow starting a mode.
You can definitely disallow lighting the modes. One way is standard adjustment 52 Competition mode. Other ways are using the "Installs" menu, I think Hard might do it, Extra Hard definitely will work. Install Competition will also do it afaik.

That's what I want to achieve. Thanks. I was looking for a specific lighting modes during multiball option and couldn't find one. I did enable competition mode, so I'll test on next game.

#10267 62 days ago

Found some walkers in the barn…

C88D11FD-5BBF-4865-ADEC-AF6399639D5B (resized).jpeg
#10268 62 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Highly recommend the Cleland code...

Just a reminder - not family friendly (i.e. kids). I even warn the adults that come over!

#10269 62 days ago

In process of changing the cool white GI to warm. So much better.

20210821_140555 (resized).jpg
#10270 62 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Just a reminder - not family friendly (i.e. kids). I even warn the adults that come over!

Where can I get the code? PM Cleland?

EDIT: Disregard, found it.

#10271 62 days ago
Quoted from DNO:

Found some walkers in the barn…
[quoted image]

Holy cow

#10272 62 days ago

Competition install and that setting is so stupid.

Competition MODE will not do what you want.

#10273 61 days ago

OK, so I installed a tournament button and now have no 50v/20v for coils/flashers. What did I do?

All fuses test fine, but the LED indicators for F5, F6 and F8 are out.

And the game seems to recognize when the coin door is open and the interlock has disengaged, by saying that 50v/20v is disabled.

No idea what I could've disturbed. Earlier today, I installed the mezelmods fish tank flashers, but the game worked fine after that and I also undid that, just in case. Also uninstalled the tournament button. No luck. Haven't had a SAM game is a while.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-RC

#10274 61 days ago

So even with the coin door shut you have no coils?

#10275 61 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So even with the coin door shut you have no coils?

Correct. I suspected I maybe pulled one of the interlock QDs, but that is not the case and the game seems to know when it is engaged and when it isn't.

I'm not sure, but think the LEDs for those 3 fuses not being it is a clue, even though they test good. The Spidey I just picked up has those LEDs lit indicating the fuses are good.

#10276 61 days ago

OK, so I installed a tournament button and now have no 50v/20v for coils/flashers. What did I do?
All fuses test fine, but the LED indicators for F5, F6 and F8 are out.
And the game seems to recognize when the coin door is open and the interlock has disengaged, by saying that 50v/20v is disabled.
No idea what I could've disturbed. Earlier today, I installed the mezelmods fish tank flashers, but the game worked fine after that and I also undid that, just in case. Also uninstalled the tournament button. No luck. Haven't had a SAM game is a while.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-RC

Interlock switch seems to have failed internally. I removed it to test continuity and one set of terminals is OPEN when it should be connected. Phew, $5 fix.

#10277 61 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Competition install and that setting is so stupid.
Competition MODE will not do what you want.

Thanks for that clarification. A test game after enabling comp mode did not get the desired result. I only plan to use that in tournaments. That's the way PAPAs TWD was set, so figured it would be good for a tourney and maybe if I start just killing it, make it harder on me.

#10278 61 days ago

That's the way PAPAs TWD was set, so figured it would be good for a tourney

It’s not. But if you must, be certain to put a sign on the game explaining that modes cannot be qualified during MB.

#10279 61 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not. But if you must, be certain to put a sign on the game explaining that modes cannot be qualified during MB.

Of course. Attending your tournaments has taught me well, sir.

#10280 60 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

So my wife is watching Sense and Sensibility on PBS, and who should pop up but The Governor!

Played Swampfires beautiful TWD in the match play tourney Friday and the Pingolf tourney on Saturday at SFGE. TWD is such an ass kicker, I think the experience is like being terrorized when I know I need to walk up and do all the things, but that punch is coming.

I had my TWD pro for 2 months now and I can't imagine it ever stops being intense.

#10281 60 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Played Swampfires beautiful TWD in the match play tourney Friday and the Pingolf tourney on Saturday at SFGE.

Neal, it was nice to meet you and put a face to the Pinside profile. I was surprised that TWD only got 179 plays in the tournament area. When I put a game on the main floor it’s usually closer to 600 plays. I was hoping to play it in the PinGolf finals, but I missed A division by 2 spots, and B division got a different set of games. My favorite pin of the 23 there was my friend’s ‘80 Rolling Stones.

#10282 60 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I was surprised that TWD only got 179 plays in the tournament area.

Great talking with you as well. I think turning off the games between qual and finals and after finals to help prevent any pins from going down saved a lot of wear and tear on the tournament pins.
I got clobbered by TWD in the strikes tourney, was able to start PRISION MB with 2 balls in pingolf and got TWD twice in finals. At least the Mata Hari EM was nice to me so I snuck in to a 9th place finish.

#10283 60 days ago

Can anyone confirm if the pro came with LED flashers or incandescent from the factory? Mine seems to be a 2016 run game and has all LED flashers. Was gonna change to incandescent if the game will work with them. I know later games won't run incandescents.

#10284 60 days ago

Can anyone confirm if the pro came with LED flashers or incandescent from the factory? Mine seems to be a 2016 run game and has all LED flashers. Was gonna change to incandescent if the game will work with them. I know later games won't run incandescents.

I'm not 100% on this but I don't think Spike games support incandescent flashers on any game.

#10285 60 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm not 100% on this but I don't think Spike games support incandescent flashers on any game.

I believe you are correct, but TWD is the very last SAM game.

#10286 60 days ago

In Spike flashers are 5V so bulbs won’t cut it.

Don’t see why bulbs flashers won’t work. AC/DC premium is also Sam and has GI led but flasher bulbs.

#10287 60 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In Spike flashers are 5V so bulbs won’t cut it.
Don’t see why bulbs flashers won’t work. AC/DC premium is also Sam and has GI led but flasher bulbs.

That's why I figured they would. I was just curious if a previous owner upgraded mine to LED or if these were original from the factory. I'm gonna try tonight. I've been getting blinded while playing when a bunch of stuff is going on.

#10288 60 days ago

LED flashers are a downgrade from incandescent, IMHO.

#10289 60 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

All led companies need to discontinue them to save pinheads from themselves.

#10290 59 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My 2013 MET Pro is a weird hybrid: incandescent GI, and LED flashers. I need to see if I can retrofit the flashers to be incandescent.

#10291 59 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I need to see if I can retrofit the flashers to be incandescent.

My 2013 Metallica pro has some incandescent flashers installed and working for years.

#10292 59 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Not disputing this claim, but why do you say this?

#10293 59 days ago

LED flashers can be extremely blinding. Incandescent are not.

#10294 59 days ago

After replacing my well walker switch I'm STILL getting random well walker hits while playing. The switch is definitely opening and closing correctly when the well walker is tilted backward. Can anyone point me to where the well walker wire connects to the board in the backbox? I want to check for issues in that area. Thanks!

#10295 59 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or they could just use fewer LEDs and have frosted tops on them. For whatever reason, they only come with a minimum 8 LEDs and they are exposed. I would say 5 LEDs with a frosted top and they would be just fine.

#10296 59 days ago

Tested last night. As expected, regular flashers work fine, but the Well Walker could not be changed as the socket is mounted so close to the bottom of the bracket, that the standard flasher dome won't fit. Not a big deal, since it is under the playfield anyhow.

#10297 59 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Not disputing this claim, but why do you say this?

My experience is kind of the opposite of chuckwurt’s - the flash seems brighter from incandescent, and because it’s a filament the flash lasts just a bit longer. Also, it’s just a more pleasing light to me. I’ve swapped most of my games to LEDs for GI, but I still prefer incandescent flashers.

I’ll try both tonight on my MET (Sparky) and see if I’m remembering any of this correctly - it’s been several years.

#10298 54 days ago

So after a night of getting my ass kicked does anyone have some sage advice? Other then play better lol. Once the ball hits the slings it’s almost an instant drain.

#10299 54 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Once the ball hits the slings it’s almost an instant drain.

Don't drain.

LTG : )

#10300 53 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't drain.
LTG : )

yeah yeah.

There are 10443 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 209.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside