R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 236.
#10151 2 years ago

Gave myself a present, eg a red translucent apron and lit it up. Incl flasher connected to the prison multiball

F0AEA798-4446-4059-9817-444E7435A9E5 (resized).jpegF0AEA798-4446-4059-9817-444E7435A9E5 (resized).jpeg
#10152 2 years ago

That is pretty frickin cool! Its synched to the prison flasher? Can you post a vid?

As far as the DVD fish tank mod, is it independently lit or just lit through the GI on the backboard?

#10153 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

As far as the DVD fish tank mod, is it independently lit or just lit through the GI on the backboard?

Not sure about the one above, on the post prior on my tank. The green is a constant lit effect but I have it on a dimmer to adjust the brightness, the blue led effect is tied into the topper's general illumination effect which fades in and out, then there are warm leds over each head and that is tied into the topper's individual head lighting sequence.

#10154 2 years ago

That sounds complicated but it looks amazing

#10155 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Do you have a 3D Printer? I made a bracket that holds the tank in place using the backboard screw and it's location that's already there.[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t have a printer, but a buddy does... your tank looks amazing!
Is the blue water effect just a printed “card” attached to the back? It really looks like water in the pic. Would love to know how you achieved that effect!

#10156 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That sounds complicated but it looks amazing

Quoted from tominator:

I don’t have a printer, but a buddy does... your tank looks amazing!
Is the blue water effect just a printed “card” attached to the back? It really looks like water in the pic. Would love to know how you achieved that effect!

It's all LED's, the blue is a LED strip cut to about 4" ran along the underside of the tank cover on the rear side, the green is a LED strip cut to the same length ran under the tank cover along the front side, and the whites are individual LED lights one above each head towards their front to highlight their faces when lit. The pro has the programming in the code for the topper already so I used a 5 wire about thee feet in length, made a connector so it can be split from the PF to back box, tied all the commons together and the ran each hot to their individual pin on the plug on the cpu board.

I can send you the stl file for the bracket, after printed you can use some hot glue or goop etc to glue the tank to the bracket.

#10157 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It should tie into the harness for the topper. Mezel Mods makes this, described as "Each head on the backboard is individually illuminated based on game play." I have this one with a bracket to mount the LEDs beneath the heads, but if I did it over I would likely leave them above the heads as they come from Mezel. I mounted mine with a piece of an old clear plastic that I glued to the tank and mounted using the same screws mentioned above. With the playfield back in position you can't see it at all.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro

IMG_0311 (resized).jpgIMG_0311 (resized).jpg

#10158 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

It should tie into the harness for the topper. Mezel Mods makes this, described as "Each head on the backboard is individually illuminated based on game play." I have this one with a bracket to mount the LEDs beneath the heads, but if I did it over I would likely leave them above the heads as they come from Mezel. I mounted mine with a piece of an old clear plastic that I glued to the tank and mounted using the same screws mentioned above. With the playfield back in position you can't see it at all.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro
[quoted image]

I seen this but it really would have been cool if they also added the Topper general illumination feature to it. That's why I just went ahead and made my own, and each head does interact like you stated when you make the fish tank shot.

#10159 2 years ago

What kind of GI and insert lighting did the Pro originally come with? I just bought one where almost everything was bright cool white LEDs. I switched them all out to warm white LEDs and to me, it looks much better. Were any released with incandescent?

EDIT: I see from the oldest YouTube videos that it was cool white, so these were probably original.

#10160 2 years ago

It's all LED's, the blue is a LED strip cut to about 4" ran along the underside of the tank cover on the rear side, the green is a LED strip cut to the same length ran under the tank cover along the front side, and the whites are individual LED lights one above each head towards their front to highlight their faces when lit. The pro has the programming in the code for the topper already so I used a 5 wire about thee feet in length, made a connector so it can be split from the PF to back box, tied all the commons together and the ran each hot to their individual pin on the plug on the cpu board.
I can send you the stl file for the bracket, after printed you can use some hot glue or goop etc to glue the tank to the bracket.

Pretty sure i can Macgyver a way to mount the tank, but I would be really grateful for a wiring diagram and details in the lighting set up.
Sounds like by your description that you have two 4” strip leds plus 3 single white led’s all stuck to tank lid. Thats a lot of wires so I would like to know how you hid them and connected them... any pics?

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Sounds like by your description that you have two 4” strip leds plus 3 single white led’s all stuck to tank lid. Thats a lot of wires so I would like to know how you hid them and connected them... any pics?

That is correct, the Blue strip and 3 individual warm white LEDS are all hooked to the plug pins where the topper would go to, the green strip is on a constant 12v source where I used a variable POT to dim the green led's to my liking as this strip is always on.

I'll send you some pictures, along where I bought the pot.

#10162 2 years ago

Would anyone care to trade translites? I have @hassanchop’s Pro/Blood translite, and I’d prefer the same translite, but without blood. I have the original packaging with the sketch and limited edition stickers.
AAABF6FD-2E41-4505-9D6A-D54AE1EF3A92 (resized).jpegAAABF6FD-2E41-4505-9D6A-D54AE1EF3A92 (resized).jpeg

This is mine:

36E69980-BAED-45D6-B0F1-AD7109DD18CD (resized).jpeg36E69980-BAED-45D6-B0F1-AD7109DD18CD (resized).jpeg
#10163 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Pretty sure i can Macgyver a way to mount the tank, but I would be really grateful for a wiring diagram and details in the lighting set up.

Here is a pic of a mount I made for the tank ,I superglued it to the back of the tank and it rests on the backboard ,iirc i put another 90 bend on the end to keep it snug on the bacboard
20210620_223134 (resized).jpg20210620_223134 (resized).jpg

20210620_223142 (resized).jpg20210620_223142 (resized).jpg
#10164 2 years ago

Say hello to my little Rick (made by Eaglemoss). I like the scale and the detail. He just sits back there, keeping the peace.

6F6622AC-0CBC-4224-BC2B-6C4E847B326F (resized).jpeg6F6622AC-0CBC-4224-BC2B-6C4E847B326F (resized).jpeg
#10165 2 years ago

My Pro came with TiltGraphics blades. I pulled those out today, and installed the official Stern blades. I feel like Stern’s are better for this particular game, for lots of reasons. The zombies match the scale of the roads and toys on the playfield, and the colors seem like a better match too. I know art is really subjective, but I’d like to know what you guys think of these 2 options. First 3 are Tilt, last 2 are Stern.

Sorry for crappy photography.

116E1EFF-F90C-4E91-8270-7C2A981AFA8E (resized).jpeg116E1EFF-F90C-4E91-8270-7C2A981AFA8E (resized).jpeg74354338-B7CA-4F5C-9FF0-444C4C26F4DC (resized).jpeg74354338-B7CA-4F5C-9FF0-444C4C26F4DC (resized).jpegD73F7F4E-F3CA-4DB0-BB61-25C096F4E492 (resized).jpegD73F7F4E-F3CA-4DB0-BB61-25C096F4E492 (resized).jpeg75F9AC9A-FF3D-4851-B9F6-0408E913458E (resized).jpeg75F9AC9A-FF3D-4851-B9F6-0408E913458E (resized).jpegFD4E93C1-2B4C-43C7-8B5F-A3756BCD73A9 (resized).jpegFD4E93C1-2B4C-43C7-8B5F-A3756BCD73A9 (resized).jpeg

#10166 2 years ago

I would definitely say the last two (sterns).

#10167 2 years ago

I have stern ones but I still never understand why they have blood splatter on the sky? Just makes no sense to me. Other blades are similar with blood splatter like this.

#10168 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I have stern ones but I still never understand why they have blood splatter on the sky? Just makes no sense to me. Other blades are similar with blood splatter like this.

I just tell myself that I have blood on my riot helmet and that’s what I’m seeing.

#10169 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just tell myself that I have blood on my riot helmet and that’s what I’m seeing.

Good idea I must try that Lol

#10170 2 years ago

I think every WW should have some rope around him. Here’s the link to the twine I used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F63YH17

302355E4-3843-41B5-885C-388C37EC6B5D (resized).jpeg302355E4-3843-41B5-885C-388C37EC6B5D (resized).jpeg
#10171 2 years ago

That's pretty cool

#10172 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That is pretty frickin cool! Its synched to the prison flasher? Can you post a vid?

Made a quick and dirty video

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MQwTPFuozCPtL6Cs8

Problem is that effect on video is always less as real life. Have some dim leds tied to the GI which are thus on when GI is on and two flashers leds synced to the prison Flashers

#10173 2 years ago

Luckily I was not having a particularly good game, but in the last ball, it somehow flew up, hit the glass, and landed here. By the time I went to get the key and take the glass off to put it in the shooter lane, the game aborted.

20210629_120700 (resized).jpg20210629_120700 (resized).jpg
#10174 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Luckily I was not having a particularly good game, but in the last ball, it somehow flew up, hit the glass, and landed here. By the time I went to get the key and take the glass off to put it in the shooter lane, the game aborted.
[quoted image]

Interesting. My GOTLE and POTC have metal post there to prevent that, but my MET and TWD don’t. Always wondered what they were there for…

#10175 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

A light tap on the cabinet side would have gotten that.

#10176 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

A light tap on the cabinet side would have gotten that.

I know, but was hoping to continue the ball, not have it drain!

#10177 2 years ago

Just joined this club, and my game has the Stern topper. My question is it easy to get inside the topper? One of the plastic sides is misaligned and I really need to get inside to fix it....its not readily obvious how to do this and wondering if anyone has done this before.

Thanks for your help

#10178 2 years ago

I just had a 120M crossbow shot, and I’m wondering how that’s even possible. I guess I could have had a good inlane multiplier built up, and 2X playfield running. I might have also started Crossbow Frenzy without realizing it. I love the big scoring opportunities in this game.

#10179 2 years ago

If you watch the dmd long enough between games it should tell you

#10180 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If you watch the dmd long enough between games it should tell you

Thanks! I looked, and I guess 120M wasn’t enough to wipe my previous X-champion slot:

136,840,000…
A 4X multiplier shot that scored:
A Crossbow Kill worth 74,000,000
An Arena Shot worth 62,400,000

Setting up another massive Crossbow / Arena shot is my new goal.

#10181 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Thanks! I looked, and I guess 120M wasn’t enough to wipe my previous X-champion slot:
136,840,000…
A 4X multiplier shot that scored:
A Crossbow Kill worth 74,000,000
An Arena Shot worth 62,400,000
Setting up another massive Crossbow / Arena shot is my new goal.

I've seen someone do a billion point crossbow kill. It's a tough strat to pull off, but can be super lucrative once you get the base set up for it.

#10182 2 years ago

Updating the rules doc and have some questions.

During a mode, how much time is added by completing the drop target bank? Is that variable based on settings? Same on Pro and Premium?

During Bloodbath is it 5,000 points per switch hit? Goes up by 1,000 if you complete the drop target bank again? Is there a maximum?

Starting Bloodbath the second time - does it take multiple sets of supplies? How many?

Spinners - how many points per spin? Different amount if Woodbury target is down? If so, how much?

Barn, Riot, and Arena modes - how much time initially? Variable based on settings?

Well Walker- "In the second stage, the “WELL” letters begin roving, repeatedly being spelled out. Hitting the Well Walker when the whole word is spelled offers the most points, while less to no letters at all scores significantly less" How many points?

2 weeks later
#10183 2 years ago

Fun trivia question: how many names can you list for the zombies? For example, the Whisperers called them “guardians”. Another group called them “sickos”.

#10184 2 years ago

Biters, walkers, rotters, creepers…can’t think of any more

#10185 2 years ago

The past, geeks, empties.

#10186 2 years ago

Here’s my last comment on the show itself, and then I’ll shut up for a while.

I got caught up tonight (finished season 10), and I highly recommend the final episode, “Here’s Negan”. It’s an origin story, and a really good one. Season 10 overall was a big redemption arc for Negan, and this final episode ties it up nicely. No spoilers - just go watch it, even if you skip the rest of season 10.

#10187 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s my last comment on the show itself, and then I’ll shut up for a while.
I got caught up tonight (finished season 10), and I highly recommend the final episode, “Here’s Negan”. It’s an origin story, and a really good one. Season 10 overall was a big redemption arc for Negan, and this final episode ties it up nicely. No spoilers - just go watch it, even if you skip the rest of season 10.

Thanks for posting this. The last five or six seasons I was watching on Netflix, so I was always a season behind. I just checked Netflix, and Season 10 starts Monday!

#10188 2 years ago

I have a beautiful low play TWD LE I might sell. I don’t know how mad I will be for selling it. I’d have to replace it with something awesome. Hmmmm m

#10189 2 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Second owner less than 1,000 plays. LE #541 Minimal mods Just bicycle girl light Gorgeous game. Low balls will be ignored. No trades. Cash on glass only. No shipping.”
2021-07-28
Western Mass, MA
7,799 (Firm)
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 2180 times

#10190 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Machine - For Sale

The Walking Dead (Premium/LE)

New!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Second owner less than 1,000 plays. LE #541
Minimal mods
Just bicycle girl light
Gorgeous game. Low balls will be ignored. No trades. Cash on glass only. No shipping.”

9 hours ago

Western Mass, MA

8,500 (OBO)

Multiballmaniac1

Aw man. If only you were closer.

#10191 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Take a trip

#10192 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Take a trip

Machine - For Sale

Price drop

The Walking Dead (Premium/LE)

New!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Second owner less than 1,000 plays. LE #541
Minimal mods
Just bicycle girl light
Gorgeous game. Low balls will be ignored. No trades. Cash on glass only. No shipping.”

8,000 (OBO)

Mark sale pending
Edit ad
End ad listing

#10193 2 years ago

Has anyone came across the issue where you added a shaker motor (sterns) to the game and after a few seconds of performing normal the motor just runs continuously ever after ball drain and and game over?

I can tell you it's a Stern shaker kit with daughter board Rev A.

Game running latest code revision.

I'm leaning towards a bad or blown transistor.... and hopefully on the daughter board (shaker board).

TIA

#10194 2 years ago

I'm leaning towards a bad or blown transistor.... and hopefully on the daughter board (shaker board).

I don't have experience with that issue, but a failed transistor would not typically work and then quit when it gets warm each time. More like a connection getting warm like cold solder joint causing an intermittent control signal. Obviously the motor is getting power.

#10195 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I don't have experience with that issue, but a failed transistor would not typically work and then quit when it gets warm each time. More like a connection getting warm like cold solder joint causing an intermittent control signal. Obviously the motor is getting power.

I was think along the lines of the 22NE10L transistor blowing, if I'm correct they can blow and having the current constantly flow with no gate to stop it. However I kneel to those who are more electrically inclined them myself

#10196 2 years ago

I had an issue like this with my shaker on ACDC. I was told (by Stern) to get a revised board since earlier ones had issues.....but it required a different power wire so I couldn't easily use it without running a new wire. I gave up, put the old board back in and it magically worked and hasn't given me any problems in a while. Sooner or later I will need to figure this out.

#10197 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I had an issue like this with my shaker on ACDC. I was told (by Stern) to get a revised board since earlier ones had issues.....but it required a different power wire so I couldn't easily use it without running a new wire. I gave up, put the old board back in and it magically worked and hasn't given me any problems in a while. Sooner or later I will need to figure this out.

I have the revision A board which used the 22NE10L which I hear can blow at the drop of a hat, so of course I pull out the DMM and test the transistor and yep it's shot and locked wide open allowing the current just to flow through. I'm in the process of swapping boards with the distro as I only grabbed this yesterday and installed today, but I will be picking up a few of the upgraded 40 Amp N Channel Mosfet transistor from PBL just in-case this one blows again and replace the chip myself.

#10198 2 years ago

Yes I had the same issue. Did you notice the shaker was quite strong in it's shaking too? My issue was a faulty batch of pcb as I replaced tbe transistor and it blew soon after. You can try and fix but if you ply for an extended period it will blow again. Get a new pcb. I actually get mt supplier to rob a spidey vault that had been sited of it's pcb and no more probs.

#10199 2 years ago

If you have a really great game on a game you’re selling should you keep it? Just got to Horde on my LE for sale. I may have to take the ad down tomorrow. Horde is so badass.

#10200 2 years ago

If you have a really great game on a game you’re selling should you keep it? Just got to Horde on my LE for sale. I may have to take the ad down tomorrow. Horde is so badass.

I have a TWD in my lineup that everyone hates when playing it. I too sometimes storm out of the room yelling, SELLING IT! But after a cooler head, I can still rock a kick ass game from time to time. So it is staying for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 26.95
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.