R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 236.
#10101 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hey all. Can anyone tell me the part that is supposed to be in the bicycle girl ramp axle? It looks like a c clip is straight up missing. I got the machine, but someone thought a small post rubber was good enough to hold it. Well... it isn't. It falls off almost evey chance it gets (obviously).
Just looking for the part number so I can have this actually correct. Thank you.
Also, does anywhere sell the star roll over mechs for this? Mine are flakey and would like to replace them while I'm at it.
[quoted image]

For the first question.....Yes its an e clip. Any hardware store should have it. I'm not sure of the size...perhaps 1/8". You can get an assortment of them on amazon or someone here may know the exact size.

#10102 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yes its an e clip. Any hardware store should have it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/e-clips.html

#10103 2 years ago

Hello everibody i 'm Patrick i am new here... I've got a TWD premium... very nice pinball machine!!!
I put the difficulty to medium... Is there in the menu something else i have to change
so its even more fun to play please? Every tip is welkom!!!
Thank you

#10104 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Hello everibody i 'm Patrick i am new here... I've got a TWD premium... very nice pinball machine!!!
I put the difficulty to medium... Is there in the menu something else i have to change
so its even more fun to play please? Every tip is welkom!!!
Thank you

Set it to.... hard? What makes a game fun for one person makes a game less fun for someone else. The game's difficulty is what I love about this stupid machine.

#10105 2 years ago

Welcome to Pinside patje

Can you tell us what fun is for you?
Would you rather be challenged every game as if it was a pro level tournament?
Or is casual play more fun, you get to the wizard modes every few games?

#10106 2 years ago

I want to be challenged...
But there is a lot in the settings menu that can be changed... but i don't know
if i have to change something in that menu or is it just enough to put the twd on Medium or Hard
I only played older pinballs, i 'm not used with modern pinballs...

Today i allso had the problem with the connector that comes loose after playing several games...

#10107 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

I want to be challenged...
But there is a lot in the settings menu that can be changed... but i don't know
if i have to change something in that menu or is it just enough to put the twd on Medium or Hard
I only played older pinballs, i 'm not used with modern pinballs...
Today i allso had the problem with the connector that comes loose after playing several games...

My recommendation is to leave it all on default settings to start and see how you like. Don't concern yourself with the settings until you've put a good number of games on it. Only settings I touch on any of my machines are, set to free play, turn the volume up and turn the knocker sound off. Otherwise I like the default settings.

#10108 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

My recommendation is to leave it all on default settings to start and see how you like. Don't concern yourself with the settings until you've put a good number of games on it. Only settings I touch on any of my machines are, set to free play, turn the volume off and turn the knocker sound off. Otherwise I like the default settings.

That makes me sad.

santasgrave (resized).jpgsantasgrave (resized).jpg

#10109 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That makes me sad.
[quoted image]

Typo there... turn the volume up and the knocker sound off it should have said... if the rest made you sad... well.. can't help that

#10110 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Typo there... turn the volume up and the knocker sound off it should have said... if the rest made you sad... well.. can't help that

images (2) (resized).jpgimages (2) (resized).jpg

I was imaging playing with no sound but mech's.

#10111 2 years ago

Thanks!!
The knocker is off and the volume up and i put the difficulty on Hard...
Let's play now !!

1 week later
#10112 2 years ago

Del.

#10113 2 years ago

Can someone please tell me the Fish Tank Head flasher order for the lamps. Is Head one on the left or right, two in the middle, three is etc...

Thanks

#10114 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Can someone please tell me the Fish Tank Head flasher order for the lamps. Is Head one on the left or right, two in the middle, three is etc...
Thanks

Mine goes from left to right, so head one is on the left.

#10115 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Mine goes from left to right, so head one is on the left.

Awesome thank you!

#10116 2 years ago

Tech Question:

TWD Pro my last few games noticed that my coil to load the shooter lane has really been hurling the balls out pretty hard half of the time they are hitting the glass and slamming off the side above the side rail. I did go through the settings and there to look for individual coils power adjustments and it seems there is no power adjustments for it other then slings and coils pulse power (soft, normal and hard). I even set that setting to soft with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#10117 2 years ago

Tech Question:
TWD Pro my last few games noticed that my coil to load the shooter lane has really been hurling the balls out pretty hard half of the time they are hitting the glass and slamming off the side above the side rail. I did go through the settings and there to look for individual coils power adjustments and it seems there is no power adjustments for it other then slings and coils pulse power (soft, normal and hard). I even set that setting to soft with no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Found my issues, the weld seems let loose on both sides at the top of the curve. Going to see if I can find someone who can spot weld stainless steel.

#10118 2 years ago

If not, they are available for purchase...I had to get one for mine as well when the welding I had a buddy do wasn't as smooth as I felt comfortable with.

https://www.pinballlife.com/upper-ball-trough-assembly-2-piece-set.html

#10119 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

If not, they are available for purchase...I had to get one for mine as well when the welding I had a buddy do wasn't as smooth as I felt comfortable with.
https://www.pinballlife.com/upper-ball-trough-assembly-2-piece-set.html

thanks, just ordered one among other goodies while I was there lol.

#10120 2 years ago

thanks, just ordered one among other goodies while I was there lol.

It's easy to do. I just received order 8 days ago. Have another basket of goodies but hold off another day or two just to make sure I have everything. May add this to cart now. Lol

#10121 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It's easy to do. I just received order 8 days ago. Have another basket of goodies but hold off another day or two just to make sure I have everything. May add this to cart now. Lol

Stuff adds up quickly lol. Then no matter how long you wait when you push the purchase button there is no doubt that when your laying in bed later that night you going to go "Shit..........." as you just remember what else you needed lol.

#10122 2 years ago

Stuff adds up quickly lol. Then no matter how long you wait when you push the purchase button there is no doubt that when your laying in bed later that night you going to go "Shit..........." as you just remember what else you needed lol.

Now just imagine that happening to you in Canada...add $30 shipping and potential duty! It’s more than “shit”! Lol

#10123 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Now just imagine that happening to you in Canada...add $30 shipping and potential duty! It’s more than “shit”! Lol

I can't imagine that, now that's insane. Like multiball madness insanity

#10124 2 years ago

Brought home a HUO pro a week ago. Loving the one more game appeal.

Took me a week to go through all 26 pages of the image gallery to catch up on mods, repairs and the rest.

Having fun working my way through various tutorials. Read one section, then play and replay some more until it makes sense. Getting a handle on the basics and cursing the outlanes.

Feels like a keeper for sure!

IMG_9664 (resized).jpgIMG_9664 (resized).jpg
IMG_9692 (resized).jpgIMG_9692 (resized).jpg

#10125 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Took me a week to go through all 26 pages of the image gallery to catch up on mods, repairs and the rest.
Having fun working my way through various tutorials. Read one section, then play and replay some more until it makes sense. Getting a handle on the basics and cursing the outlanes.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Watch a tutorial it will help a lot, Mcsirtuna’s was pretty good.

How much height on the door was left getting that in you RAV4? Wanted to get one but read it was a bit tight. Thanks.

#10126 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome lineup man!

#10127 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

How much height on the door was left getting that in you RAV4? Wanted to get one but read it was a bit tight. Thanks.

It fit without issue, but I loaded and unloaded so fast that I didn't note the extra clearance. The door is 31 and 7/8" tall so B/W and Sterns won't be a problem.

#10128 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It fit without issue, but I loaded and unloaded so fast that I didn't note the extra clearance. The door is 31 and 7/8" tall so B/W and Sterns won't be a problem.

Great, thanks for the info. Fast sounds good!

#10129 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’ve owned all 3 here and played the heck out of them… TWD lasted the longest and would be the first to return. Enjoy the heck out of it… but be glad you have LOTR next to it so when you get frustrated with games less than 60 seconds you can play your 45 minute games on LOTR. That game didn’t last 6 months for me.

#10130 2 years ago

I have an annoying problem. I’m buying my friend’s TWD Pro (currently at my house), and he’s keeping the topper. I got the topper off safely, but the little resistor board refuses to come off the posts, even after removing the 4 nuts. I used as much force as I dared to, and not a single bit of it will move. Almost feels like it’s glued in place. I think I may have to get out the Dremel - any other ideas? Thanks

70C87B1B-09F4-482A-965B-9C09238F85E8 (resized).jpeg70C87B1B-09F4-482A-965B-9C09238F85E8 (resized).jpeg

#10131 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have an annoying problem. I’m buying my friend’s TWD Pro (currently at my house), and he’s keeping the topper. I got the topper off safely, but the little resistor board refuses to come off the posts, even after removing the 4 nuts. I used as much force as I dared to, and not a single bit of it will move. Almost feels like it’s glued in place. I think I may have to get out the Dremel - any other ideas? Thanks
[quoted image]

can you come from the back of the box and unthread the 4 screws or bolts? It should come out no problem that way.

#10132 2 years ago

What it that between the posts and the board? Are Those plastic ‘locking’ insert things? If so, I’d try pliars on each corner on the plastic and see if you can loosen the tabs and pull each corner of the PCb off them carefully one at a time

#10133 2 years ago

Strong finish to the CDC mode last night.

C2DAF8B5-8CD6-4785-B0EF-E2056C69CFD8 (resized).jpegC2DAF8B5-8CD6-4785-B0EF-E2056C69CFD8 (resized).jpeg02F7E323-1379-4E3F-85C8-83C00265DB1A (resized).jpeg02F7E323-1379-4E3F-85C8-83C00265DB1A (resized).jpeg
#10134 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Strong finish to the CDC mode last night.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wh.... what?! How the hell? Impressive! Also, sorry for being dumb, how do you know your CDC shot is your last?

#10135 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wh.... what?! How the hell? Impressive! Also, sorry for being dumb, how do you know your CDC shot is your last?

It also earned me the X champion so it gave me the breakdown.

If you’re asking how to finish CDC it’s: start with as many ramps as you can to light red arrows, hit arrow shots, then hit CDC ramp twice to finish.

#10136 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

but the little resistor board refuses to come off the posts

It appears the board is squeezing the standoffs on the threaded posts. I imagine if you pry at the base of the 4 white standoffs, you should be able to work them off without damaging the board.

#10137 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you’re asking how to finish CDC it’s: start with as many ramps as you can to light red arrows, hit arrow shots, then hit CDC ramp twice to finish.

I like to play Barn before CDC, then you can pump up the CDC value by shooting the barn shot, and it bumps it by 500k instead of the 25k bump from shooting the ramp.
So 1 barn shot = 20 ramp shots.
You have to shoot right after beginning CDC, a couple barn shots, then go to the ramp for lighting jack pots. Next, start collecting jackpots, (and probably targets to add time) get a 2x playfield going, and after a few jackpots, go to the finishing shots on the ramp, add the inlane multiplier for the final HUGE shot!

7B38CA06-D90F-488A-929F-CC4E640575E4 (resized).jpeg7B38CA06-D90F-488A-929F-CC4E640575E4 (resized).jpeg
#10138 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image]

Try squeezing the part of the plastic on the top side of the PC board, there should be a lip on the plastic that's holding it to the board. Ideally you would use a tube so it compresses around the entire circumference. Admittedly, I just use some needle nose pliers.

Worse case, just cut the top off and order some new ones. Shipping will probably be more than the standoffs. Maybe Amazon has some and you can order on Prime.

Many hardware stores (like Ace and Do It Best) carry plastic standoffs, but they are just a cylinder, they don't protrude thru the board.

Not sure off the screw size, but Marco's has them:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10139 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I like to play Barn before CDC, then you can pump up the CDC value by shooting the barn shot, and it bumps it by 500k instead of the 25k bump from shooting the ramp.

One of the Do or Die podcasts Ray talked about this and I’ve been meaning to listen again to update the rules sheet.

DNO I think any previously played mode adds 500k, is that right? So CDC to start mode, any lit mode shot to add 500k, then CDC ramp to light red arrows at shots, then red arrow shots to collect built value (jackpots), then CDC to …(?) and CDC again to collect the total earned from CDC mode and finish it?

Any other modes use previously played modes shots to add to the jackpot value?

#10140 2 years ago

Yes, any played mode adds 500k, I like barn because you can get some free drop targets when you miss.
Other modes add 500k on played mode shots too, but it’s not as big of a bump for those modes as it is on CDC.

#10141 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Worse case, just cut the top off and order some new ones.

This is what I ended up having to do - I cut off all 4 pairs of ears, total pain in the ass. I’m going to give my buddy some ear-less spacers, since these are evil.

#10142 2 years ago

I was considering adding the “outlane reducer” mod, but I had a game at lunch today where I stacked Bloodbath and Prison MB and got 277M, but more importantly I had played all the modes and was ready to start Terminus when I drained. This is with the outlane posts in the middle position. I think I’ll keep playing it stock for a few more months. I’m really loving this game.

#10143 2 years ago

Found a broken piece of plastic in the cabinet and found the plastic it is from. I noticed that my spinner if pushed far right on its pivot arm will hit the stock standard shape of this plastic and would break the corner off again.

So I filed the broken piece down for clearance purposes and reattached. Hope this holds tight?

I'm wondering if others have the same issue? A new replacement would simply break again in my case I think. The photo with the spinner shows the modified plastic. You can imagine I had no clearance previously.

Worth checking your plastic to see in any case.

IMG20210617172317 (resized).jpgIMG20210617172317 (resized).jpgIMG20210617174640 (resized).jpgIMG20210617174640 (resized).jpg
#10144 2 years ago

Such a great game. Miss mine.

#10145 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Found a broken piece of plastic in the cabinet and found the plastic it is from. I noticed that my spinner if pushed far right on its pivot arm will hit the stock standard shape of this plastic and would break the corner off again.
So I filed the broken piece down for clearance purposes and reattached. Hope this holds tight?
I'm wondering if others have the same issue? A new replacement would simply break again in my case I think. The photo with the spinner shows the modified plastic. You can imagine I had no clearance previously.
Worth checking your plastic to see in any case.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your spinner assembly looks like it’s bent. It should be straight across the lane.

BAA61D6C-3FEB-4DE0-908B-D715D15698FE (resized).jpegBAA61D6C-3FEB-4DE0-908B-D715D15698FE (resized).jpeg
#10146 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Your spinner assembly looks like it’s bent. It should be straight across the lane.
[quoted image]

Thank you sir, I'm off to fix it. Excellent and much appreciated.

And done.

#10147 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I was considering adding the “outlane reducer” mod, but I had a game at lunch today where I stacked Bloodbath and Prison MB and got 277M, but more importantly I had played all the modes and was ready to start Terminus when I drained. This is with the outlane posts in the middle position. I think I’ll keep playing it stock for a few more months. I’m really loving this game.

maybe drop down the outlane posts to the lower position?? or play better haha!! , the mod almost takes away the possibility of outlane drain.

so much fun with stacking multiballs and seeing where you are at when the dust settles . if you have your wits about you you can have blood bath primed for another go round when prison mb ends.

to me terminus is the least memorable of the wizard modes but i think scoring can be big if you have done well in the modes. hoard is great !!
siege is good too!

#10148 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I was considering adding the “outlane reducer” mod,

My TWD pro needs something there badly. Checking with a straight edge, it appears the playfield has some slope at the edges, making it the toughest outlanes I have seen.

#10149 2 years ago

Hi
I just finished reading all the posts in this thread about fish tank mod, but I cannot seem to find how to mount the tank in the game.
I have the dvd box set tanks, and I will probably make my own light strip to light it from below.
Can anyone point me to a video or thread on how to install the season 4 box set tank in the game and light it up DIY style?

#10150 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Hi
I just finished reading all the posts in this thread about fish tank mod, but I cannot seem to find how to mount the tank in the game.
I have the dvd box set tanks, and I will probably make my own light strip to light it from below.
Can anyone point me to a video or thread on how to install the season 4 box set tank in the game and light it up DIY style?

Do you have a 3D Printer? I made a bracket that holds the tank in place using the backboard screw and it's location that's already there.

0CE9C3A6-CD31-44A1-8230-2B7CFF8C231E (resized).jpeg0CE9C3A6-CD31-44A1-8230-2B7CFF8C231E (resized).jpeg249DE450-F982-4A26-9D23-D3BDA0168633 (resized).jpeg249DE450-F982-4A26-9D23-D3BDA0168633 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/203 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.