IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 236.
#10051 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

How does changing the orientation of a magnet not affect the magnetic field’s effect on a metal object that passes over it?

The core isn’t magnetic until it’s activated. Therefore it’s likely the magnetic field is unchanged by rotating the core.

This could be demonstrated using a ziplock and some fillings from a Wooly Willy toy. Film and watch in slow motion. Would be an interesting experiment

#10052 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Someone in the thread recommended ending the animation after the first crowbar hit to the zombie head - I do that (pressing both flipper buttons) and it never goes SDTM for me.

In my experience, the timing of when to hit both flipper buttons doesn't matter. Hitting both flipper buttons right when the animation starts does the exact same thing as hitting them both during the crowbar hit. I tried the crowbar hit for about a year and watched what happened to the ball every time. I switched to hitting at the beginning of the animation, and it throws it in the same way. Both ways are better than doing nothing, though.

#10053 2 years ago

In phase 2 of prison MB, i would like riot then ramps shots flash in other color than white. It is confusing with main modes. I can’t reminber if they are rgb or not.

#10054 2 years ago
31236860-134B-4E72-B1E0-43F516153461 (resized).jpeg31236860-134B-4E72-B1E0-43F516153461 (resized).jpeg
#10055 2 years ago

I turned my magnet. Didn't notice a difference.

#10056 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How much and which part of the magnet?

#10057 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

I made the mistake of selling TWD and regretted it ever since. Thanks to Troy Smith at Tilt Amusements this was just delivered. [quoted image]

i could only imagine what you had to give for that.

#10058 2 years ago

I had my pro for a little over 3 years traded my pro plus some cash and brought this home on Sunday.

782C749D-AEF4-47A0-AA42-BA26275283CB (resized).jpeg782C749D-AEF4-47A0-AA42-BA26275283CB (resized).jpeg
#10059 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Try to flip it. Head to tails flip, not just rotating it.

#10060 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I had my pro for a little over 3 years traded my pro plus some cash and brought this home on Sunday.
[quoted image]

What was the main thing that pushed you to Premium? Cab/translite art, magnets or crossbow? I’m curious because I’m still thinking Pro, although the Premium cab is waaaay better.

#10061 2 years ago

All of the above. The pro is awesome and I loved it.

#10062 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What was the main thing that pushed you to Premium? Cab/translite art, magnets or crossbow? I’m curious because I’m still thinking Pro, although the Premium cab is waaaay better.

I didn't go premium, but for me the RGB inserts are huge - one of the reasons I went Pre with MET.

#10063 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I didn't go premium, but for me the RGB inserts are huge - one of the reasons I went Pre with MET.

My ‘13 MET pro is so old, it came with incandescent insert lighting, and the snake had fangs. But it’s still one of my favorite games.

#10064 2 years ago

Ha! I discovered that this year as well, few months after picking up a premium. Pretty decent stuff, price not too bad.

#10065 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Correct. This is science. Rotating it does nothing but a placebo effect.

#10066 2 years ago

I’ve owned pro and premium and the premium is way worth it. Very different game. I would say the biggest impact from the premium vs pro is surprisingly the action bar button.

#10067 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I’ve owned pro and premium and the premium is way worth it. Very different game. I would say the biggest impact from the premium vs pro is surprisingly the action bar button.

Yup, the walker bombs add an entirely new strategy to the game that make it worth the upgrade to premium on this title.

#10068 2 years ago

If I recall the leds on the premium are white/red/green leds not rgb.

Quoted from Fezmid:

#10069 2 years ago

No RGB lights in the GI. Only some inserts. The arrow inserts.

GI were white and red bulbs.

#10070 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If I recall the leds on the premium are white/red/green leds not rgb.

According to Stern, they're RGB in the arrow and star rollover: Full-spectrum smooth RGB LED playfield arrow inserts and star rollovers. The Red/Green/White is the GI.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/TWD-Matrix.pdf

I've never played a Pre/LE TWD though, I just know I'm a fan of multicolored inserts like in MET.

#10071 2 years ago

It’s been a while since I have checked into this club thread. It looks like people are still struggling with their prison magnet. I fixed mine by adjusting the height and rotating the magnet assembly until I found a setup that worked.

Rotating the magnet assembly sounds like it shouldn’t change anything. I believe the reason it does is because the assembly isn’t completely flat in relation to the playfield. It is relatively flat, but one side can be slightly lower, or higher than the playfield plane. I experimented a couple years ago changing the pitch by rotating it and adding small washers where it mounts under the playfield to further adjust the angle. I found a setup that works for my game and haven’t had a ball thrown down the middle in years.

Here’s the original post with all of my attempted setups. In the end I didn’t use the washers. The successful setup happened through adjusting the magnet core height and rotating to have the magnets pitch slightly high at 8 o-clock.

Quoted from chubtoad13:

This morning my wife went Black Friday shopping and I decided to see if I could reduce the constant Prison Magnet SDTM shots on my TWD.
It took 8 different setups, but I think I got it. Unfortunately the solution is not universal and the cause and effect is unknown. Here’s the story anyway;
I wanted to see if rotating the magnet and/or having an slight pitch in any direction, had an effect on the ball. I made sure the game was leveled right to left. The pitch is as seen in the photos.
The baseline for how often the ball went STDM on my game was very high, 75% is a conservative estimate. If you didn’t make a move on the game, you were toast.
Attempt #1
Rotate the whole assembly 180 degrees.
Magnet is slightly high on the right.
Results:
4 SDTM out of 12. 6 out of 12 hit the very tip of either flipper and went down the middle.
Attempt #2
Rotate magnet 1/4 turn.
Magnet is slightly high in the back.
Results:
8 SDTM out of 8. Yikes
Attempt #3
Rotate the assembly 180 degrees.
Magnet is slightly low in the back.
Results:
0 SDTM out of 16. After 16 successful attempts in a row, I played a game and realized the ball wasn’t registering shots to the prison off the flipper.
Attempt #4
Raise core 1/8 turn, added washer under front right screw to level the magnet.
Results:
4 SDTM out of 4
Attempt #5
Remove washer
Magnet is high at 2 o clock.
Results:
7 SDTM out of 28.
Attempt #6
Rotate 180degrees
Results:
6 SDTM out of 24
Attempt #7
Raise the magnet 1/8 turn and add washers to the front 2 screws in an attempt to recreate #3 without as much hop.
Results:
Ball hops and doesn’t register prison hits
Attempt #8 Success!
Remove washers. Adjust the magnet back to level. The magnet is slightly high at 8 o clock.
Results:
SDTM 2 out of 35 and counting.
[quoted image]

#10072 2 years ago

The magnet core is what worked for me and was suggested by Borg. I’m talking a tiny adjustment. Like take it from noon and turn it maybe half way to 1 clock. I didn’t touch the outer ring. Core only.

#10073 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The magnet core is what worked for me and was suggested by Borg. I’m talking a tiny adjustment. Like take it from noon and turn it maybe half way to 1 clock. I didn’t touch the outer ring. Core only.

This might’ve been all mine needed as well. On the successful setup I needed to adjust the core to level again. So it wouldn’t have been exactly in the same position as it started.

#10074 2 years ago

I had an old 61 Corvair rampside up till recently.

Sometimes shit would go wrong with it and you'd pull it to bits, find nothing wrong and put it back together and it would work.

I asked my mate about it and he said that it's a well known fact among car guys that sometimes old cars just need a good hard looking at.

#10075 2 years ago

Hi everyone, can someone please pm and tell me how to properly instal this mod.

Thank you

3235CDAC-8607-42A0-ACBD-489F84209DAE (resized).jpeg3235CDAC-8607-42A0-ACBD-489F84209DAE (resized).jpeg
#10076 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Thank you
[quoted image]

Sure thing… open the lid to garbage bin, place inside and then close lid.

I kid, I kid, no idea, best of luck

#10077 2 years ago

Did a re-decal on the right side head of my TWD prem. When i bought it the decal and the black plastic under the decal were both peeling badly and could not be flattened down.

First time for me but it came out pretty good

CB053323-4AFC-4230-860F-429B29E68BD4 (resized).jpegCB053323-4AFC-4230-860F-429B29E68BD4 (resized).jpeg1866074F-4C0D-4D4D-B0EC-47075F243113 (resized).jpeg1866074F-4C0D-4D4D-B0EC-47075F243113 (resized).jpegD53F9437-FDC8-4990-AF2D-9AF40D363AA9 (resized).jpegD53F9437-FDC8-4990-AF2D-9AF40D363AA9 (resized).jpeg0581B716-018A-4CDD-B972-C02AF6F3EB44 (resized).jpeg0581B716-018A-4CDD-B972-C02AF6F3EB44 (resized).jpeg47F5472C-AA17-404A-B0B4-B64BC38DF588 (resized).jpeg47F5472C-AA17-404A-B0B4-B64BC38DF588 (resized).jpegDD641113-6027-432B-B81A-98F007516447 (resized).jpegDD641113-6027-432B-B81A-98F007516447 (resized).jpeg2B50CA21-5AAF-4FD6-9A08-AE84E2649D5B (resized).jpeg2B50CA21-5AAF-4FD6-9A08-AE84E2649D5B (resized).jpeg061308E3-BF01-4075-9725-DA9ACE1335B9 (resized).jpeg061308E3-BF01-4075-9725-DA9ACE1335B9 (resized).jpeg
#10078 2 years ago

Joined the club a few weeks ago

5A01760F-94D0-4211-8DFB-8F3BB5836C59 (resized).jpeg5A01760F-94D0-4211-8DFB-8F3BB5836C59 (resized).jpeg974F1179-A957-465B-A3D2-90D8D44C762E (resized).jpeg974F1179-A957-465B-A3D2-90D8D44C762E (resized).jpeg
#10079 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Joined the club a few weeks ago
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

Welcome to the club!

#10080 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Did a re-decal on the right side head of my TWD prem. When i bought it the decal and the black plastic under the decal were both peeling badly and could not be flattened down.
First time for me but it came out pretty good[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Deja vu. I said dega vu.

#10081 2 years ago

Strong work with that head decal!

In the premium/ LE can the crossbow and bicycle girl ramp both be software disabled to "pro-ify" the game? I hear the most complaints about them. I guess you could also just DC the ramp coil and magnet diverter but don't know if the software compensation would still award points correctly.

#10082 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Strong work with that head decal!
In the premium/ LE can the crossbow and bicycle girl ramp both be software disabled to "pro-ify" the game? I hear the most complaints about them. I guess you could also just DC the ramp coil and magnet diverter but don't know if the software compensation would still award points correctly.

God, why would you want to do that?

#10083 2 years ago

Love a Lucille topper

#10084 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Thank you
[quoted image]

Most mod sellers have instructions via their site. I had one like yours from Mezel mods. Had a lot of issues on clearance. I hope you have better luck.

#10085 2 years ago

So I got to Horde today for the second time only, and got my GC 500mil.
Was doing well in Horde with one ball left on the playfield and both flippers went dead, ball returned to shooter lane and it said continue and Horde was finished.
Don’t know how well I did and if I got all the red arrows. I’m on latest 1.60 code. Did I finish it? Thought you had to hit Woodbury to get out?
Maybe I got bit and didn’t notice?

#10086 2 years ago

So I'm getting back into the club Tuesday. I only left the club because I sold everything when I loved houses. Cant wait to come back.

Trading my Dialed in for a premium and a few bucks.

Honest question: HOW is this not a top ten machine? Hell, top five. It blows my mind how under rated this machine has been its whole life.

#10087 2 years ago

Is it possible to get LE decals?

#10088 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Was doing well in Horde with one ball left on the playfield and both flippers went dead, ball returned to shooter lane and it said continue and Horde was finished.
Don’t know how well I did and if I got all the red arrows. I’m on latest 1.60 code. Did I finish it? Thought you had to hit Woodbury to get out?

I think you got bit.

#10089 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

i think you got bit i have never got beyond 4 rounds but my understanding is horde will just keep going until you drain exit or get bit but this may be incorrect , how many rounds did you survive in horde?

#10090 2 years ago

I think you have to cash out, drain out, or get bit. You can play it as long as you want.

#10091 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Release notes related to Horde from v1.60:
“- Added and adjustment to light "ESCAPE" for HORDE after a certain number
of levels have been completed (default: 3 levels).
- After the required number of levels have been completed, when the
player is down to 1 ball, the WOODBURY shot is lit for ESCAPE.
- Shooting the WOODBURY shot with ESCAPE lit allows the player to
either continue to fight the HORDE (left flipper: FIGHT) or to ESCAPE
the HORDE (right flipper: ESCAPE).
- If the player chooses FIGHT, the ball is auto-launched back onto
the playfield and the HORDE mode continues.
- If the player chooses ESCAPE, the HORDE mode ends, a bonus is
awarded, and the SKILL SHOT is started.
- If the player plunges (launches) the ball back onto the playfield
without making a choice, the HORDE mode continues.
- Added a setting (default: OFF, competition default: ON) that pauses
the advancement of the walkers during HORDE when the FIGHT/ESCAPE
screen is being displayed and the game is waiting for input from
the player.
- Added an adjustment for losing HORDE (the walkers advanced too far
and bit the player) to either serve a new ball (default, as before)
or go to bonus (competition).“

#10092 2 years ago

My well walker has been randomly triggering a hit during games. I thought it might be a flaky switch on him so I replaced it but the random hits are still happening. I went into switch test mode and wiggled all wires in the backbox and couldn't get anything to trigger a hit. Has anyone else had this happen before? Can anyone tell me where on the board the well walker switch connects to?

#10093 2 years ago

Mess with the well walker during test. Pound on the playfield too. The switch is too sensitive. It’s hard to get it dialed in, but once you do, it should be fine.

#10094 2 years ago

Think I must have got bit without realising, it’s quite a moment playing Horde. Next time I get there I will pay more attention and try and stay calm!!!
Don’t think I even passed one round

#10095 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Think I must have got bit without realising, it’s quite a moment playing Horde. Next time I get there I will pay more attention and try and stay calm!!!
Don’t think I even passed one round

HORDE is the most intense mode/moment I have experienced in a pinball machine.

#10096 2 years ago

Finally got around to installing a couple mods to my TWD prem now that i got the head decal replaced. Figured i might as well do that while the game was pull out of the line and was fully accessible.

Installed tower mod from mezelmods and the crate mod from @vimtoman

Have to say the crate mod is the better of the two.

Tower definitely adds some 3d to the dark tower on the artwork plastics. And dresses up that part of the game for sure.

But the crate is pretty cool. Easy to install and he even included a “y” on the end of the connector for power so you dont have to buy an adapter even if you have other stuff like a color dmd plugged in up there under the right flipper.

The crate is made extremely well and just adds some visuals to that area. Very cool and highly recommend.

Vimtoman has great communication even responding when it was several months from purchase to me installing and asking questions.

Thanks man and great mod.

#10097 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Finally got around to installing a couple mods to my TWD prem now that i got the head decal replaced. Figured i might as well do that while the game was pull out of the line and was fully accessible.
Installed tower mod from mezelmods and the crate mod from Vimtoman
Have to say the crate mod is the better of the two.
Tower definitely adds some 3d to the dark tower on the artwork plastics. And dresses up that part of the game for sure.
But the crate is pretty cool. Easy to install and he even included a “y” on the end of the connector for power so you dont have to buy an adapter even if you have other stuff like a color dmd plugged in up there under the right flipper.
The crate is made extremely well and just adds some visuals to that area. Very cool and highly recommend.
Vimtoman has great communication even responding when it was several months from purchase to me installing and asking questions.
Thanks man and great mod.

I just installed the crate mod as well. Arrived from the UK in 2 days which was a nice surprise. It's really good and easy to install. I had the barn mod and simply moved it to the back left corner (I bent the existing bracket and used a few screws back there that lined up well).

#10098 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just installed the crate mod as well. Arrived from the UK in 2 days which was a nice surprise. It's really good and easy to install. I had the barn mod and simply moved it to the back left corner (I bent the existing bracket and used a few screws back there that lined up well).

Pictures please.

I have the crate mod and still want to do the barn mod.

#10099 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Pictures please.
I have the crate mod and still want to do the barn mod.

Sure....I still have to adjust positioning a little bit next time I pull the glass off. Also broke off part of the railing from an air ball shortly before moving.....

IMG_6770 (resized).JPGIMG_6770 (resized).JPGIMG_6787 (resized).JPGIMG_6787 (resized).JPG
#10100 2 years ago

Hey all. Can anyone tell me the part that is supposed to be in the bicycle girl ramp axle? It looks like a c clip is straight up missing. I got the machine, but someone thought a small post rubber was good enough to hold it. Well... it isn't. It falls off almost evey chance it gets (obviously).

Just looking for the part number so I can have this actually correct. Thank you.

Also, does anywhere sell the star roll over mechs for this? Mine are flakey and would like to replace them while I'm at it.

20210519_081828 (resized).jpg20210519_081828 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 26.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/202 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.