R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 236.
#10001 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It’s been over a year since I played but one of the settings does lock you out somehow.
I think it’s competition mode.

Competition install does.

#10002 2 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

When I replaced my walker belt, I cut a strip of mylar that wraps over the belt all of the way around. It seems to be holding up very well.

Hmm, that is a good idea. My walker jeans belt seems to be holding up well, but if I have to replace it I will try this idea out.

Gord

#10003 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hmm, that is a good idea. My walker jeans belt seems to be holding up well, but if I have to replace it I will try this idea out.
Gord

The gentleman I bought my TWD from put a flipper rubber around it. It seems to work great.

1619190004779180869749141393864 (resized).jpg1619190004779180869749141393864 (resized).jpg
#10004 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The gentleman I bought my TWD from put a flipper rubber around it. It seems to work great.
[quoted image]

That is going to make it play different for sure... one of my favourite shots on my TWD was a bank off the left side of the well walker into the Riot shot, I found it to be an incredibly safe shot and a miss on it often collects a target on the left side of prison. Shooting for those targets directly is a dangerous shot so collecting those off a ricochet is a nice bonus to a miss. It may still work with the rubber in place, but I'd have to guess it will change the angle and predictability of it... any luck making that shot with the rubber in place?

#10005 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

That is going to make it play different for sure... one of my favourite shots on my TWD was a bank off the left side of the well walker into the Riot shot, I found it to be an incredibly safe shot and a miss on it often collects a target on the left side of prison. Shooting for those targets directly is a dangerous shot directly so collecting those of a ricochet is a nice bonus to a miss. It may still work with the rubber in place, but it'll change the angle and predictability of it.

i love that shot particularly when both the well walker and the riot are lit for walker kills.

that area of the well walker on mine has the belt decal, it is all falling apart , i have an original type one to put on but i have just left it, it fits the vibe for a decomposed water bloated walker fine.

#10006 2 years ago

My old machine I just wrapped a couple layers of black electrical tape around it. Looked fine and held up pretty well.

#10007 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

That is going to make it play different for sure... one of my favourite shots on my TWD was a bank off the left side of the well walker into the Riot shot, I found it to be an incredibly safe shot and a miss on it often collects a target on the left side of prison. Shooting for those targets directly is a dangerous shot so collecting those off a ricochet is a nice bonus to a miss. It may still work with the rubber in place, but I'd have to guess it will change the angle and predictability of it... any luck making that shot with the rubber in place?

Either I am not consistent enough to make that shot or it indeed changes the way it glances off the well to the Riot. It will still do that but I have never tried to do it on purpose. I have a hard enough time just keeping the ball in play for more than 30 seconds at a time.

#10008 2 years ago

Finally joined the club! finalized a sale on LE #034 with Topper, just got picked up for transport. cant wait to get it set up.

After the recent posts about guys wanting to trade it out or put it out on the front lawn hopefully I dont regret it lol

does anyone know what happened to the topic gallery images? I use to go there all the time to check for mod inspiration but theres only a few pics now.

Thanks

#10009 2 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

does anyone know what happened to the topic gallery images?

They will be back, but having intermittent issues right now. See details at: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-after-a-major-outage

#10010 2 years ago

On further inspection my walker pants have started to wear.

#10011 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

On further inspection my walker pants have started to wear.

Could always go the naked look. Polished on a buffing wheel.

A57A275C-5A69-46DF-B95A-9B10A6AD816A (resized).jpegA57A275C-5A69-46DF-B95A-9B10A6AD816A (resized).jpeg
#10012 2 years ago

I wish I had the time to do that to like every matte metal part in every pin I own. That might be the answer when he finally gets depantsed

#10013 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

I did this a couple of years ago. No more problems. Tight fit, it does change the game play, but, you adjust.

#10014 2 years ago

TWD railroad track mod - everything is fine but my beautiful bride doesn't like it and, well, it's her game I just get to play it.. $60 shipped lower 48, posting for my club thread bros first, will donate yadda yadda. BYO velcro to attach.

Added over 3 years ago:

*sold*

#10015 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

TWD railroad track mod - everything is fine but my beautiful bride doesn't like it and, well, it's her game I just get to play it.. $60 shipped lower 48, posting for my club thread bros first, will donate yadda yadda. BYO velcro to attach.

Dibs, I’ll take the railroad track. PM’d you.

#10016 2 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Dibs, I’ll take the railroad track. PM’d you.

NO Dibs bro, lower 48! ( hope you get it , it's a cool little mod)

made a shooter plate

20210425_171211 (resized).jpg20210425_171211 (resized).jpg
#10017 2 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

This is the most frustrating game to play. I'll have a number of horrible games and threaten to trade it out, but then I'll have an incredibly intense heart pumping session that makes me say that there is no way I would ever get rid of it.
I imagine this is one of those games that people trade out, regret it, and then bring another one back. I have a LE, I could see me going down to a Pro, but I don't think I could bear not having a TWD machine.

I have had the Pro about a week, and already thinking of getting rid of it. I have to spend some times learning the rules a bit better. I think the problem is I got an GOT LE the same day and this is taking away some of the fascination with WD. There seem to be a lot of comments about people not enjoying the game at first. So I will give it some time before I start spending tons of $$ on mods

#10018 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have had the Pro about a week, and already thinking of getting rid of it. I have to spend some times learning the rules a bit better. I think the problem is I got an GOT LE the same day and this is taking away some of the fascination with WD. There seem to be a lot of comments about people not enjoying the game at first. So I will give it some time before I start spending tons of $$ on mods

I haven't spent enough time on a GOT Premium/LE, but imo, between TWD vs GOT pro's, it is TWD all day long. You will see the final wizard mode on GOT and all it has to offer a lot sooner than you will see Siege or Last Man Standing... depending on your skill level. GOT is still an awesome game tons to do and having the option to switch houses ads so much variety to the game, I think it's great... but GOT lasted 3 months at my place I think while TWD lasted over a year.

#10019 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have both GoT & TWD. I've owned TWD longer can't seen to get to LMS or Siege. This game just kicks my a$$. this game is a keeper. But GoT I have made it to Iron Throne thanks to @chuckwurt. It's also a keeper!

#10020 2 years ago

I made seige for the first time. Didn't even realize until the flashing seige insert kept flashing. Duh took a moment an then the urgency hit that wow I gotta start it but how? I think hitting the doors started it and then it was so much fun and a great ending.

#10021 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I recommend giving yourself a few months with TWD before getting rid of it. Watch the PAPA tutorial (and others) for an overview of rules and what you should be focusing on. It's a great game to have at home because of the deep ruleset and challenge...and that you can press start without feeding it endless quarters. I imagine there are very few people who have mastered this game, and that's a large part of what makes it great. It can be a brutal game, but it is also a rewarding one.

#10022 2 years ago

Anyone have a recommendation on their favorite game code? Are most people running stock stern or the Cleland version? How about the Radiohead Nine Inch Nails mix?

#10023 2 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Anyone have a recommendation on their favorite game code? Are most people running stock stern or the Cleland version? How about the Radiohead Nine Inch Nails mix?

Cleland adult - so good!

#10024 2 years ago

Yeah, adult here.

#10025 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I thought I'd make the prison look more the part. 1/35 scale razor wire.
[quoted image]

where did you find the model razor wire? ive ben looking online and cant find any.

Thanks

#10026 2 years ago

For those running the 'Adult' cleland code what are the big differences between that and the non adult version? I'm assuming more R rated language? Is it frequent, once in a while, etc?

#10027 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

For those running the 'Adult' cleland code what are the big differences between that and the non adult version? I'm assuming more R rated language? Is it frequent, once in a while, etc?

I bought my Walking Dead used with the Cleland mod pre-loaded and I'm thinking of changing it back to the factory callouts. I didn't watch the show so the context of the "adult" audio is lost on me. It all just seems so out of place and cringey, and that fucking whistling if you leave a ball in the shooter lane really sucks.

#10028 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

I’ve only ran the R rated version so can’t compare to the other version. Like most pinball callouts, the frequency is sporadic and not overly repetitive with most of the good callouts only being heard once in a while. However, when you do get a good R rated one, there’s no mistaking. My advice, don’t run it if you think there’s a chance kids will be around or just generally don’t want some very graphic language while playing.

Quoted from beergut666:

I bought my Walking Dead used with the Cleland mod pre-loaded and I'm thinking of changing it back to the factory callouts. I didn't watch the show so the context of the "adult" audio is lost on me. It all just seems so out of place and cringey, and that fucking whistling if you leave a ball in the shooter lane really sucks.

I’ve never thought of it this way… you have a point. But, if you’ve watched the show, the factory callouts are painful for sure. And the whistle is pure gold!

#10029 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Launch the ball, whistle annoyance solved.

The Cleland code is amazing, perfectly done, seemless transitions, variety of characters and very humorous quotes mixed in. If you watch the show, it’s pretty much mandatory to install.

#10030 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

There are several from Negan . The strongest is “I am gonna shove my d—k down your throat and your gonna thank me for it”.says “pus-uys a lot. Merl “ don’t get your panties in a wad” You get the idea. I think it adds a lot, exactly from the show. Definitely not for children, they repeat things.

#10031 2 years ago

Strongest call out is literally like 6 eff bombs in a row.

I’m gonna f f f f ... you get the point

#10032 2 years ago

I feel like watching the show is mandatory for long term owners of the game .. I honestly hated the game when played on location before having watched the show. Love it now.. we’re rewatching all the seasons in fact.

#10034 2 years ago

I must be odd man out. Love the game, hate the show and didn't make it through two episodes back in the day. Don't watch TV at all any more, so unlikely to get into it before the nursing home.

I like the adult callouts better than the original ones or the g rated one. I can see the comment of the callouts not quite fitting at times, but it's less of an annoyance than it is a benefit.

We love the whistle round here and use it day to day as a general sign to hurry the fuck up in whatever you're doing. I heard it well place during someone's telling of a boring story the other day.

#10035 2 years ago

I installed a ColorDMD last night in my TWD LE. Not sure what I was waiting on, it is fantastic. They did a great job colorizing the animations.

I put in the screen and then reached Horde on my 3rd game after...then proceeded to completely mess up the Horde mode.

I can see why so many recommended this as the recommended first mod, although the shaker has to be up there.

#10036 2 years ago

Yeah i was talked into it here. I thought 'What's the difference if it's red or colour? Same animations.'

Not the case at all, it's like looking at the shadows of things instead of watching the actual things. Night and day difference and you can see what they are trying to portray rather than just a hint at what they are getting at.

#10037 2 years ago

I made the mistake of selling TWD and regretted it ever since. Thanks to Troy Smith at Tilt Amusements this was just delivered.

Screenshot_20210505-110645 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210505-110645 (resized).png
#10038 2 years ago

Whoa baby. That has to be one of the last ones NIB.

#10039 2 years ago

Got a little kick at seeing mine was one of the last pro's off the line

20210425_171308 (resized).jpg20210425_171308 (resized).jpg
#10040 2 years ago

Maybe it was a bonus goal for the factory? Seems a low number.

#10041 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Got a little kick at seeing mine was one of the last pro's off the line
[quoted image]

Quoted from punkin:

Maybe it was a bonus goal for the factory? Seems a low number.

Wouldn't that be the 4th to last playfield of that batch? The next batch of playfields would start with 1551 of 1600, or however many they made in the next run.

#10042 2 years ago

Sure, just being lighthearted.

#10043 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sure, just being lighthearted.

I know, but I'm agreeing that that number is low because there were more playfields made after #1550. My playfield says 81 of 125.

#10044 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a pro (yes I know I'm late).

I'm sure the answers to my questions are somewhere in the 200 pages of this club thread, but help me if you can.

1) Best mods? I know of the barn one that is stickied.
2) Any ways to help prevent ball going SDTM out of the pops?
3) Is the default code audio really cheesy? I'm not sure which audio mine is running but it's definitely not the adult one and doesn't sound familiar from other TWDs I've played, but callouts seem lame and cheesy.

Anything else people have done to keep it playing fast and tough without cheap magnet or sdtm drains? I'll continue to keep catching up in the thread.

#10045 2 years ago

Everything you need is in this thread. The search function is your friend.

#10046 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Just joined the club with a pro (yes I know I'm late).
I'm sure the answers to my questions are somewhere in the 200 pages of this club thread, but help me if you can.
1) Best mods? I know of the barn one that is stickied.
2) Any ways to help prevent ball going SDTM out of the pops?
3) Is the default code audio really cheesy? I'm not sure which audio mine is running but it's definitely not the adult one and doesn't sound familiar from other TWDs I've played, but callouts seem lame and cheesy.
Anything else people have done to keep it playing fast and tough without cheap magnet or sdtm drains? I'll continue to keep catching up in the thread.

1) ColorDMD and Shaker, there are some other interesting Mod's out there, but not being a Mod guy, I wouldn't buy anything other than ColorDMD and Shaker.
2) Make sure the game is level side-to-side, at the end of the day though this game is hard, a well time nudge can help, but doing anything else to the game, is fundamentally changing the way the game was meant to be played. Lot's of people add stuff to give the ball a little hop coming out of the pop's... I personally would not do that, just play better
3) I don't think it's cheesy at all

Cheap drains really are part of this games charm/challenge, sure you can rotate the magnet core to help it from draining, but I really think that is just a placebo effect, the biggest killers are drains off missed shots and that simply comes down to playing better.

#10047 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

1)sure you can rotate the magnet core to help it from draining, but I really think that is just a placebo effect

Are you not a believer in science? How does changing the orientation of a magnet not affect the magnetic field’s effect on a metal object that passes over it? Of course it does. Even rotating the used core (which has a wear pattern) will have an impact. It may be subtle but it is there. The magnet pulses and no matter how you set it up it is going to sometimes throw in down the middle but in some games it is way too often. Rotating the magnet will change this behaviour.

#10048 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Are you not a believer in science? How does changing the orientation of a magnet not affect the magnetic field’s effect on a metal object that passes over it? Of course it does. Even rotating the used core (which has a wear pattern) will have an impact. It may be subtle but it is there. The magnet pulses and no matter how you set it up it is going to sometimes throw in down the middle but in some games it is way too often. Rotating the magnet will change this behaviour.

Yup I believe science is a thing, testing theories is very much a part of science and I haven’t seen any tests that are controlled enough or run enough to convince me it makes a difference, with one of the major controls unknown, that being the code that controls the magnet i think the turn of the core is really just make busy work and it has as much to do with the wear in the core as it does the orientation. Just my opinion of course, I’m not asking anyone to stop turning their cores, if they think it makes a difference that’s all that matters.

#10049 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Yup I believe science is a thing, testing theories is very much a part of science and I haven’t seen any tests that are controlled enough or run enough to convince me it makes a difference, with one of the major controls unknown, that being the code that controls the magnet i think the turn of the core is really just make busy work and it has as much to do with the wear in the core as it does the orientation. Just my opinion of course, I’m not asking anyone to stop turning their cores, if they think it makes a difference that’s all that matters.

Someone in the thread recommended ending the animation after the first crowbar hit to the zombie head - I do that (pressing both flipper buttons) and it never goes SDTM for me.

#10050 2 years ago

One of the players here figured that out and showed everyone else too. seems to woprk a lot more of the time than not doing it, so it's common behavior on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/201?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.