IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 237.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I've put over 200 plays on it so far. No STDM problems. That's not to say I don't stem once in a while. It's pinball. That happens. Place a lazy shot halfway up a ramp? Sometimes you're going to get punished for it. That's pinball. STDMs off the magnet got cleared up after I leveled my machine. So did rollers out of the pops. That said, the pops on this game are not a 100% safe return to flippers! and I think people are complaining and not liking that. I dig it. You need to watch how it's rolling out and be proactive. You can tell when it's going to be a close one before it's too late, and give it the right nudge, you just have to be paying attention.
As for the outlanes, they are absolutely brutal, and make me want to take Bowen's advice on lanes. "How do you make it go inlane or outlane? Easy, you don't. Keep it away from them." The way the outlane side rubber sits lower on the playfield makes this very unsafe territory. Use the ramps for safe return and collecting the shot multiplier. You don't want to get bit! That said, by all means when y get a multiball and a ball saver, go ahead and drain one out and get that nice juicy bit bonus. Free points!
The only mechanical issue I have right now is that if I take a full flip on a ball screaming around on the tunnel shot, that flip is usually going to be a massive air ball. Like break my Woodbury sign home run ball. So I may need to adjust my flipper rubber a little bit. I really do enjoy this game, and find the type of challenge it gives a very refreshing change. Not much in the way of random cheap drains the way my xmen does - which also doesn't bug me. Those come from magneto and wolverine just being assholes and throwing the ball around. It fits that theme. In this game I find that 90+ % of my drains I can see coming! and just didn't think properly to Nudge it right. It's maddeningly addictive that way. Will you get a slam power drain from a bad aimed shot sometimes? Yep. That's pinball. The slow floater that goes over the outlane rubber and right in like a Larry bird three pointer? My fault for sitting there staring at it. Every. Single. Time. It's hypnotic. Why don't I nudge that thing?
I haven't touched my PoTC or Xmen since TWD got here they are getting jealous.

Nice, thanks!

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm in!!!
photo 1.JPG 35 KB

https://img-f.pinside.com/201410/1986829/306224.jpg
I'm loving the sign, where did you get it?
Cheers, Fitzy.

#54 9 years ago

Finally got mine yesterday. Played the crap out of it and really liking it. Added a quick set of LED strips in the back to illuminate the ramp entrances and exits.

image-316.jpgimage-316.jpg

#55 9 years ago

Been planning to do the same to mine, on the led strips behind the tunnels. Looks good, man!

#56 9 years ago

Anyone looked at putting an el panel behind the fish tank plastic? I thought maybe a couple of green LEDs would work, but there is a portion of the wood back panel in the middle of the plastic - so the only way to properly light it is with an el panel. I just don't have any experience with the el wires or panels. Pinball Refinery is selling the mod - but I guess I'm too cheap and think it can be done for less than $80.

#57 9 years ago

The gear I just looked at sure wasn't cheap. 15 for the panel and 15 for an inverter....add in the time to figure out the wiring and rig up the plug & play harnesses, and suddenly 80 bucks isn't looking too bad

#58 9 years ago

Yea - I suppose. I did see that it would be about 30 bucks for the el panel and inverter. The inverter will just plug into the service panel in the front of the game - you just have to make a harness so its tied into the GI for the lighting effects.

#59 9 years ago

Is the fish tank 3D on the pro with a decal in the back of it? Or is just 2D?

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Is the fish tank 3D on the pro with a decal in the back of it? Or is just 2D?

2d

#61 9 years ago

Rules and Bug Sheets up and ready for your input - They are copies of the previous, so edit away as you discover new things!

Thanks to everyone who has assisted so far. You all rule. You are survivors!

Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aOmSE1l5xGgxbyH0AbRypnnkzIF3GU9bseulZbJc8wM/edit?usp=sharing

Bugs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kr6oy2ruBvpvqxhegjuOH-9aIQTl6ZHxdEa3yTaYGb4/edit?usp=sharing

#62 9 years ago

Anyone get word on LE USA shipping? I'm getting mid month.

1 week later
#63 9 years ago

Hey all,
looking at what you guys are using inside the cabs,

these TWD pinblades Or the std type Mirror blades
twd pinblades.jpgtwd pinblades.jpg
twd pinblades 2.jpgtwd pinblades 2.jpg

#64 9 years ago

I'll be getting the vinyl side panels for mine, the Stern ones look good too but really love the artwork on the Pin Ref, never liked mirror blades much.

#65 9 years ago

Looks like the haters dogpiled on this one over the last week and pushed it all the way down to #76 on the top 100 (wasn't it #26 last week?). Laaaaaaaame.

#66 9 years ago

Looks like the haters dogpiled on this one over the last week and pushed it all the way down to #76 on the top 100 (wasn't it #26 last week?). Laaaaaaaame.

That's why you don't trust those rankings. If you click "show all ratings" so it shows them all instead of just the ones with comments, then you really see the doggers like "Piscitelli" rated it a 1, ummm really?

#67 9 years ago

Speaking of the side panels, what's the best way to install them? Lift the playfield and squeeze between the small gap or just pull the playfield out? Seems like pulling the playfield would be the most work, but yield the best results.

Oh and loving the game so far!

#68 9 years ago

If anyone needs powered sub adapters hit me up
$35 includes wiring and shipping in the usa

My game gets delivered today. Can't wait to open her up!

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

If anyone needs powered sub adapters hit me up
$35 includes wiring and shipping in the usa
My game gets delivered today. Can't wait to open her up!

Installed my kit last night, ran it down through the head into the cab and out the bottom with the new backbox style. Love that it looks factory, installs in mins and can be uninstalled easily (why you'd want to I don't know, but it's possible).

#70 9 years ago

Yippe four arrived

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-95.jpgimage-95.jpg

#71 9 years ago

When you go with unfiltered ratings there are always a couple dickheads that give a 1 or 2 out of 10, Stern haters that refuse to let the big 5 be dethroned. TWDLE In my opinion beats the crap out of most top tens and definitely better than most top 20's. Doesn't really matter its just the moderators should force these guys to explain a 1 out of 10 rating before it affects the standings. I can see even 5 if its just not your thing but 1? Douchebag's.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yippe four arrived

image.jpg 98 KB

image-95.jpg 94 KB

Awesome! Can you post your four numbers here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-what-did-you-get/page/6#post-2034470

I'm keeping track of all the LE numbers that are purchased by people.

#73 9 years ago

Considering how deep into the 500s we've seen does this mean most LE's are sold or simply have gone to the distros?

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Considering how deep into the 500s we've seen does this mean most LE's are sold or simply have gone to the distros?

All 600 of them were sold to distributors...so yes.

#75 9 years ago

Im in his club now ...

image-606.jpgimage-606.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#76 9 years ago

I'm in da club yall.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#77 9 years ago

I'm in also ...

IMG_1811.jpgIMG_1811.jpg
#78 9 years ago

Man , twd pinball is a tough pinball machine ......it reminds me of ironman a lot. Its is a very fast pinball machine ..........I'm loving it .....

#79 9 years ago

I'm also in guys. I really think that TWD is much harder than Ironman. My playtimes are always twice as long on Ironman than on TWD. It is a blast but I hope Stern is going to change something with the magnet release STDM at the prison. I don't like to wiggle the pin every time it releases the ball.
Still waiting for my mods from laseriffic to arrive.
I already changed some LEDs but I am going to put warm whites in. Don't like the cold white too much on that game.
TWD TFLE.JPGTWD TFLE.JPGTWD pro.JPGTWD pro.JPG
…and crap….already a broken plastic during multiball. Just didn't see how exactly it happened. It's the one on the left side of the prison.
Plastik number -10 TWD PRO.jpgPlastik number -10 TWD PRO.jpg

1 month later
#80 9 years ago

Hi! Unfortunately I dont have TWD yet, but I thought Id ask something that I am really curious about:

it says that with the LE, you get a "Well Walker Exposed Guts" feature. Can anyone explain what this really is? On the videos I only see the well walker falling a little backward upon hit and a light coming from the stomach, but this is hardly...exposed guts..?

Cheers, and happy zombieslaying!
Morten

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hi! Unfortunately I dont have TWD yet, but I thought Id ask something that I am really curious about:
it says that with the LE, you get a "Well Walker Exposed Guts" feature. Can anyone explain what this really is? On the videos I only see the well walker falling a little backward upon hit and a light coming from the stomach, but this is hardly...exposed guts..?
Cheers, and happy zombieslaying!
Morten

Its a small piece of molded rubber, worth about 5 bucks. I was expecting more and from a lot of aspects to the build quality and toys but at least the gameplay is so over the top amazing its balanced out the negatives for me. Stern should have sent out a BG ramp light kit and a fix for the flap. The arrow is fun but the shots are near impossible to make, targets should have been the prison head, WWalker, open ramp BG zombie and the right ramp. Lots of stuff to fix but once this game is dialed in and the code is finished it should be a top ten contender.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

It is a blast but I hope Stern is going to change something with the magnet release STDM at the prison. I don't like to wiggle the pin every time it releases the ball.

Seems like the prison magnet release STDM is better in 1.19, with an occasional left nudge to ensure it gets to the right flipper.

#83 9 years ago

Okay, well tjhat sounds interesting
If anyone would find the time to make a picture or video of the exposed guts, I would gladly watch it Being a horror/gore fan

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Okay, well tjhat sounds interesting
If anyone would find the time to make a picture or video of the exposed guts, I would gladly watch it Being a horror/gore fan

guts don't show up that well, however, when you add a secondary market mod by Pinball Refinery or similar, you can add bright led under the guts. This mod really makes the guts glow upon contact.

#85 9 years ago

Joined the Club yesterday with LE # 103 arriving in Aus.

so far so good, have only played a handful of games but really enjoying it so far.

1 question, On the Woodbury shot. the drop target that stops the shot.. is there supposed to be a decal on it or is it just black ??

Also I had the left ramp (one with zombie under it) get stuck mid way. is this a known issue ?
I had to push it left to free it up again.

Jim

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from JimBoSS:

1 question, On the Woodbury shot. the drop target that stops the shot.. is there supposed to be a decal on it or is it just black ??

there is a decal in the goodie back with the fence and tires on it that goes on that target decal.
The issue is that if you put the decal on, the target will get hung up periodically. I did this, then decided to take it off completely like it was from the factory. Others have applied mylar over the decal to help prevent this issue with some success.

As for ramp, check the play in it side to side.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

there is a decal in the goodie back with the fence and tires on it that goes on that target decal.
The issue is that if you put the decal on, the target will get hung up periodically. I did this, then decided to take it off completely like it was from the factory. Others have applied mylar over the decal to help prevent this issue with some success.
As for ramp, check the play in it side to side.

Thanks Perryd,

I'll give the decal a go and see how I go,

the pin holding the ram seems a lot longer than it needs to be which gives it the play, I have adjusted it to the left but not sure if it will re-occur, if it does I might try limit the movement with a washer.

Thanks for the tips
Jim

#88 9 years ago

I'm really liking the LE artwork now that I can see it in person.

V__E784.jpgV__E784.jpg
#89 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I'm really liking the LE artwork now that I can see it in person.

most people feel the same when they acutally see it in person and don't judge by many of the crappy photographs out there. Fits theme perfectly.

#90 9 years ago

I'll admit as an owner I have a bias, but hot damn, this is the best machine I've ever played. I've hardly touched my other two since I got this back in October. So challenging yet addictive - and I think thats really the holy grail for play. It walks the fine line between too hard and "god DAMMIT, ok just one more." I love that. I love the calculated risks you take when going for the drops or the stabs. Do I left orbit just one more time to build up the pop bonus? Do I try and build up the 2x timer some more or collect it now and get the points? Nearly every shot seems to require an evaluation of risk. Code is brilliant already in my opinion, and only going to get better as it gets fleshed out a little more.

1 week later
#91 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I'll admit as an owner I have a bias, but hot damn, this is the best machine I've ever played. I've hardly touched my other two since I got this back in October. So challenging yet addictive - and I think thats really the holy grail for play. It walks the fine line between too hard and "god DAMMIT, ok just one more." I love that. I love the calculated risks you take when going for the drops or the stabs. Do I left orbit just one more time to build up the pop bonus? Do I try and build up the 2x timer some more or collect it now and get the points? Nearly every shot seems to require an evaluation of risk. Code is brilliant already in my opinion, and only going to get better as it gets fleshed out a little more.

Have to agree with you there, e4mafia. Just picked up a *used* TWD LE 3 days ago & loving it so far.

#92 9 years ago

Ball jump oops..

balljump.jpgballjump.jpg
#93 9 years ago

It happens...

LostBall.jpgLostBall.jpg

#94 9 years ago

Selling my Pinball Refinery pro mod to light up the 2D fish tank if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-twd-pro-fish-tank-lighting-mod-60-shipped#post-2136150

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

It happens...

LostBall.jpg 240 KB

Why yes it doesimage.jpgimage.jpg

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Why yes it does

image.jpg 142 KB

I laughed. Now we need the caught under the ramp pic.

#97 9 years ago

Back home to my LE from Breckenridge and playing the pro at Eric's. I F ing love this pin!

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I laughed. Now we need the caught under the ramp pic.

It wasn't a problem with the game at all, it happened during multiball when the doors are opening and closing

#99 9 years ago

Here are a few better pictures of the LE side art.

P1120117cr.jpgP1120117cr.jpg P1120117.JPGP1120117.JPG P1120109.JPGP1120109.JPG P1120109cr.jpgP1120109cr.jpg
#100 9 years ago

Code! Code! Codeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

image.jpgimage.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.