R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

253 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gweempose. You are on page 1 of 2.
#37 9 years ago

Glad you guys are enjoying it so far. I can't wait for my LE to arrive!

2 months later
#174 9 years ago

Last night I stacked Blood Bath with Prison and WW multiball + had CDC running. It's amazing how fast the score shot up. I love this game!

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And to get blood bath you have to hit all three drops to collect an item, and get all three items right? Did you work on that first and then start Prison and then WW?

Yes. I started off the game solely focusing on blood bath. You have to complete the drop target bank for all three items, and then complete it a fourth time to start the mode. It took me two balls to qualify blood bath, and then I started prison multiball on ball three. I proceeded to pound the WW until that multiball started running also. With so many balls flying around, the drop targets got hit without me even trying. Bingo! I had very little points before starting Prison multiball, and I wound up with over 120 million when all the multiballs finally ended.

#206 9 years ago

Can someone please explain to me how exactly you get 2x playfield going.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Hit the targets at the prison, this lights up Tower. Shoot RIOT shot into Tower target and boom! 2x. The more you work the targets before collecting the Tower , the longer the 2x lasts.

That's awesome. You can always count on Lyman for good rules. I've seen the tower insert light up, but never put two and two together.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

X's build up as long as you don't use them. They light (and build to the next X level) at every 2 zombie kills IIRC.

So every time you complete the lanes + kill 2 walkers it increases the lit inlane multiplier? Can this be stacked with 2X playfield? If you have a 4X inlane multiplier and 2X playfield running, is your next shot worth 8X? If so, that's f***ing awesome!

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

You got it , except Bicycle girl shots do not work with the X. That might be a bug or intended.

That explains my confusion. I hit BG right away last night with an inlane multiplier and only got 750,000. That's gotta be a bug. I would think the multiplier should apply to ANY shot.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Just picked up my machine this weekend.

When was your game built? I'm curious if it came with the ramp fix from the factory (foam pads underneath the flap), and if the well walker base is bare metal.

#219 9 years ago

I have another LE/premium rules question. When the left orbit is lit, there is some kind of flame thrower bonus that goes up every time you hit the spinner. How do you cash this in?

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Woodbury shot to collect. Hit the WB drop target to start. Build the JP by hitting the spinner, collect it by hitting WB. Value you get is displayed first after you make the WB shot. Then it does the WB mode.

Cool. Thanks! Can you combine it with the inlane multiplier?

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Can anyone confirm you must start blood bath before multi-ball?

You can start Blood Bath on its own or during a multiball. I find it's easiest to get it qualified, start prison multiball, and then go for the targets during the ball saver.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I may have missed it when scanning the thread...
Does anyone have a link to some nice custom TWD instruction/pricing cards?
TIA

These are very cool. I have them on my machine ...

http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/The-Walking-Dead

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Fun Fact: According to the Stern video there are also 2 other programmers on TWD (Tanio Klyce and Mike Kyzivat). I assume Lyman is the lead, but I'm sure these guys are putting in their fair share of the code work and you never hear them mentioned.

It's kind of like how nobody mentions the second unit director on a Spielberg film.

6 months later
#420 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I had a pro for a while and really liked it but traded it for another game. Thinking of getting another and am considering buying an LE. Is the LE/premium worth the upgrade?

The premium/LE has a lot of added features that I really like, but the main reason I prefer it over the pro is its comparative difficulty. The crossbow shots are easier to make on the pro, and Bicycle Girl is WAY easier on the pro. Every time you shoot the left ramp, the ball is returned safely to the right flipper for another attempt. On the premium/LE, it can be quite a dangerous shot. Because the theme is one of survival, the more difficult premium/LE just feels right to me.

#421 8 years ago

I'm going to be ordering some Titan silicone rings for my TWD LE, and I'm torn between staying with black or going with the translucent ones. Any opinions?

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Does anyone know how to change the match sound. My goodness it is ear piercing, it's like running over 1000 cats at the same time?

Unfortunately, you can't change it. You can only lower the volume or turn it off completely.

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

That works. How do you turn off the match sound?

Adjustments -> Standard Adjustments -> Knocker Volume (#44)

You can set it to Normal, Low or Off.

#462 8 years ago

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I discovered an interesting strategy that applies to the premium/LE. If you are only one shot away from starting a multiball, and the lockdown bar button (walker bomb) is lit, it's almost as if you have a free ball. You can safely shoot whatever you want, and even if you drain, just press the button right away and the multiball will start. It's similar to how you can use the VIP passes in AC/DC.

#468 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tell me that you didn't just now realize this?!

LOL! For some reason, I had only ever thought to use them during multiballs or Horde. To be honest, I discovered this purely by accident. I was on ball three and I drained. I saw that the button was lit up, so I quickly pressed it a few times just to add some points to my score. I do this on Star Trek all the time. Imagine my surprise when it prolonged my ball and started multiball.

#470 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Just like having a martian bomb in AFM to kill the last martian and start MB. Love it.

I've never owned AFM or MM. I know both games have bombs, but I have no idea how to use them.

#473 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

So far my high score is 550K.

I assume you mean 550M?

#480 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

New code out -1.41

And this is precisely why I bought TWD without batting an eye. I knew that with Lyman doing the code the game would get the love it deserves. Installing now ....

#486 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Initial impression is unimpressed.
Not much noticeable change in the light department.
Didn't play particularly well, so can't say much about code.
Sound is back to being awful. George Bush needs to get out my house. Hoping Cleland does his magic soon.

I don't think there is as much that can be done with the GI lighting effects on the pro. The premium/LEs have separately controlled red and white GI strings. As far as I know, the pro is all white.

#492 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Finally got my Fish Tank Topper in today, installed it tonight... and all I have to say is WOW. Best topper in pinball!! And it fits best with the Premium translate as shown below.. What do you guys think?

I think the topper is cool, but it's a bit too small for my taste. I also think it's somewhat redundant if you have the premium translite. Between the topper, the translite and the playfield, that's six fish tanks.

#499 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

on PRO when I combo the tunnel and then to the Arena ramp the ball has so much speed it jumps off of the ramp and slams up against the glass or will jump the ramp in to the BG return lane ramp. Need a fix for this.

This is a design flaw which is not limited to the pro. I've seen this happen on the premium/LE as well. When I do the combo, the ball will sometimes do exactly what you are describing, where it jumps off the Arena ramp and comes back to the right flipper via the BG return ramp. Other times, it will travel behind the playfield and then jump off the ramp as it re-enters the playfield. When this happens, the ball can get stuck behind the flasher dome near the diverter magnet.

2 weeks later
#583 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And like any great pin it absolutely punishes you if you miss shots by a hair.

The most frustrating one for me is the missed Woodbury shot that ricochets off the blue rubber and flies straight down the left outlane ...

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

... this is a great pin! But holy hell im having flashbacks of the Avengers tweaking and tuning days

It sucks that you are having issues, and you have every right to be frustrated. I don't think it's fair to compare the game to Avengers, though. With TAV, the need to majorly tweak it was pretty much inescapable. Other than perhaps a few switch adjustments for the bash toys, TWD is generally quite a solid player right out of the box. Yes, the left ramp was a problem on early builds, but that has since been corrected by the factory. The crossbow issue you are experiencing is not common at all.

1 week later
#659 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Location pro model has the recent habit of taking a BG ramp shot and snagging the ball at the apex, which is behind the back board. If the ball can't be knocked loose, you risk the ball ending and then the issues start. The tilt isn't very tight on this one, but this issue is annoying. The op is good at working with us on issues we bring up, does anyone know a fix for this, or why it is happening?

This was happening on my game when I first bought it. IIRC, some wiring coming from the backbox was slightly blocking the ramp. Slow balls weren't a problem, but a hard shot would get some air and then lose velocity when it hit the obstruction. If this is what's happening on your game, it should be an easy fix for the op.

1 week later
#671 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Where do you buy the outlane extenders?

I believe yoyokopter sells them.

#674 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

After owning the game for a few weeks, I really don't see the need for the cheater posts. Although, last night I played a dozen games and couldn't score above 20m and started thinking I needed the posts. Then, I proceeded to have a 750m game with a 252M horde mode. Yep, game is fine as is

Did you bring in the factory outlane posts, or leave them in their original locations?

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lyman needs to do something with crossbow. What's the point? I almost hate to see the ball drop into the diverter now, other than giving me a chance to take a swig of beer. The right lane is damn near impossible, almost made it once with some bumper help.

Does Lyman realize how hard that tunnel shot is with the crossbow? I've only ever made the shot clean once, and that's with the laser to make it easier. There is literally no leeway at all on the shot. If you are off by even a couple millimeters, it will get rejected. I love the crossbow, but there needs to be some kind of rule tweak, or I will never see crossbow multiball.

#706 8 years ago

It's amazing how walker kills seems to have almost no correlation to your score. I had an 800M game the other day, and only finished with 34 kills.

#715 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Without going through this whole thread, does anyone have a link to some nice apron cards? I can't stand the bright yellow Stern cards.

These are the ones I have on my game ...

http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/The-Walking-Dead

#720 8 years ago

I still have never started Siege. I think I was reallyt close last night. After starting all the modes, I completed the drop targets one or two more times, and then all the modes started flashing again. Would any of those shots have started Siege?

#721 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Get those drop targets! I've improved my scores quite a bit by focusing on them more. Also, Well Walker, Riot, and Blood Bath make for one hell of a stack! Now if I could just reliably hit the Riot shot even 25% of the time, I could kick some serious ass.

I love the Riot shot. It's so satisfying when you nail it. It can be frustrating, though. My worst shot by far is the Tunnel shot. Last night, it was the only mode I still needed, and I kept bricking it over and over.

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

No that would have started escape Terminus.

Oops. That's what I meant. Escape Terminus. Incidentally, I've never started Siege either.

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What are everyone's top 3 mods? I'm not a big mod fan, but I think TWD will be different.

The BG light is a must, as is Yoyokopter's crossbow mod.

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the topper too much on the Premium (zombie head overload?)

I think it is. Others may disagree.

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I wonder why they didn't install the sticker.

It's not installed on anyone's game from the factory.

#750 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Don't listen to this guy hes full of it !! The pro rocks the flow is faster

I do not agree. Other than when the BG ramp is up, the pro plays slower. Because there isn't a drop target, the ball winds up in the shooter lane a lot more, and thus back in the pops.

1 week later
#805 8 years ago

Those are really cool photos. Where were they taken?

#817 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Which brings me to my next question, is horde beatable?

That's an excellent question. I had it going for what seemed like quite a while several times, and I've never beaten it.

#851 8 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

1) How to reduce drains through the pop bumpers

Make sure the game is level side to side and at about a 7 degree pitch.

Quoted from beefzap:

2) How to reduce drains off the barn magnet. Sometimes the magnet does not activate long enough and the ball just goes sits there then SDTM

If you hit your flipper buttons a few times, it will usually cause the magnet to pulse and keep the ball from draining SDTM.

Quoted from beefzap:

3) How to improve the detection of the switch on the zombie head in the barn so all hits are registered.

You should be able to adjust the switch gap to make it more sensitive.

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ahh then Star Trek sorta has this. At any point mid game when the ball goes to the shooter lane, you can hold the left flipper to light the vengeance or right ramp for a second super skill shot.

I've owned an STLE since it first came out, and never knew this. I guess you learn something new every day.

#877 8 years ago

I've noticed that once the ball is loaded into the crossbow, it sometimes takes a long time for the mode to actually begin. Because of this, if I wait to shoot the ball until the crossbow is on its way back to the home position, the game occasionally goes into a ball search. Is this an issue with my game, or a bug in the software?

#912 8 years ago

I wonder why Stern changed that part.

#930 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I had an extra cheap drain fix kit from IM and used that on the exit out of the pop bumpers, works like a charm.

The only thing I don't like about that fix is that it makes and already difficult tunnel shot even more narrow.

#947 8 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I have a premium for some days, and I am delighted
I have a problem on the ring of the character.
gray sticker torn. is that you have the same problem?
I think it is a bad idea this sticker ...
why not just put the metal?
is what we must completely remove the sticker?

I took mine off and never looked back. I see no downside to just having the plain metal.

#952 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

I have sometimes random WW Hits while playing. Checked the switch 10 times. Do you have any ideas?

Quoted from rolandthoms:

I have the same issue. Random well walker hits. I get WW multi ball on every ball

I had this same problem. In my case, it was a flaky switch. I swapped it out with a new one, and all has been good. Put the game in switch test mode and slap the playfield. You will most likely get phantom well walker hits when you do this.

#956 8 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

The switch is too sensitive. Its likely being triggered by the pops or a random coil. Re gap the switch and it should resolve it.

It's not a leaf switch. It's a micro switch. I tried adjusting the actuator on mine, but it didn't solve the problem. The switch was simply flaky and would get triggered even without the actuator clicking the push button. I suspect this is what other people are seeing as well. It's possible that Stern got a bad batch of micro switches.

#990 8 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

This Woodbury shot is making me crazy! I just can't seem to perfect the angle from the left flipper.

The worst is when you go for Woodbury or the Arena ramp, nail that blue rubber in between, and the ball flies straight down the left outlane. Happens to me all the time.

2 weeks later
#1018 8 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

light bug !!!!
(Walking Dead premium)

You may need to upgrade the wiring harness. Stern offers a beefier version that is better suited for the task. Since it is a known issue with the early builds, they sent me the new harness for free.

#1023 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Gweempose -- how long ago was this offered & do you know if it is still being offered?

It is my understanding that since this is a known design flaw, Stern will replace the harness even if the game is out of warranty.

#1038 8 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I'm having what I think is a problem. Sometime I shoot the ball through the riot shot and it doesn't register that I've made a kill (where the insert turns off) I think unless I hit the tower switch behind the pops. For that shot, do I only have to hit the switch through the that lane, or do I have to hit the tower switch as well?

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Switch should be enough (without the target).

Yep. You definitely only have to roll over the switch for the shot to count. In fact, I've had times where after hitting the Riot shot the ball comes back the opposite way and triggers a second Riot hit. It's like a 2-for-1 special!

#1039 8 years ago

I am just loving the game more than ever with this new code! In my opinion, TWD has become Lyman's masterpiece. He took all of his experience from every game that came before it, and used it to create a ruleset that is truly like no other. It's challenging, strategic, and most of all, fun as hell! How many other games have three mini wizard modes (four if you count Crossbow Frenzy), plus an extremely difficult to reach main wizard mode? Heck, even the mini wizard modes are hard to achieve. I still haven't seen Siege or Escape Terminus yet. In terms of depth, there are very few games that can rival TWD. The only ones that come to mind are LOTR, TSPP and WOZ (all Keefer games, by the way). The main difference between TWD's gameplay and all of those games, however, is that it's so DAMN HARD to keep the ball in play. The depth combined with the difficulty creates a playing experience that perfectly encapsulates the theme of fighting for your life in a world filled with "walkers".

We should all take a moment to appreciate just how lucky we are that we have a guy like Lyman coding games. He is an irreplaceable asset to our hobby.

#1041 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Thinking about picking this up. How does the pro compare to the premium? Will I miss the crossbow if I go pro?

I like the crossbow, especially now that Lyman has tweaked the code, but the walker bombs are the biggest difference between the premium/LE and the pro. They fundamentally change the game and make it more fun with a lot more strategy.

#1060 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Crossbow has its own Frenzy mode (and should still have crossbow multiball to achieve)

Crossbow Multiball still exists? I assumed it wa replaced by Crossbow Frenzy.

1 month later
#1187 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Which is crucial to getting Tower Eb

What is this "Tower EB" that you speak of? Are you awarded an EB for lighting Tower a certain number of times?

#1210 8 years ago

I had the magnet chuck it into the prison twice the other day, scoring two prison hits ...

#1213 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I seem to get many SDTM off of the zombie face in the prison. Again, it is teaching me how to be a more proactive player though. The game is pretty amazing.

Exactly. TWD is the type of game that rewards the player for smart play, and punishes the player for attacking the game without a clear strategy. The prison zombie is one of the most dangerous shots in the game. It's much more dangerous than the prison doors, because the head absorbs the speed of the ball, causing the ball to fall straight down towards the center drain. To minimize how many times you have to hit the shot, try to take out as many prison yard zombies as you can by shooting the blue lit arrows. You can also use prison bombs to safely score a hit to the prison. This is especially useful if you only have one hit remaining in order to start multiball. It basically acts as a free ball save.

#1232 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

can you provide more detail? where is the z connector? where did you get the replacement z connector?

If you follow the wires coming from the Well Walker switch, you will see that they are connected to the switch matrix via this type of connector ...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2095

Z_Connector_(resized).jpgZ_Connector_(resized).jpg

#1240 8 years ago
Quoted from Nico:

Does someone has HD picture of the premium cabinet ? it seems that cabinet decals on premium are lighter color ? else is LE or Premium cabinet is hotest one ?

That's entirely subjective. I really like them both.

#1258 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

So the design of the game is to have it hit or not have it hit the pops?

Just like in Tron, the game is designed so that a left orbit shot feeds into the pop bumpers. A lot of people don't like this, so they tweak the game so that it bypasses the pops and goes straight to the flippers. It speeds up gameplay and reduces the chance of a center drain, but it's not how the game is supposed to play.

#1275 8 years ago

Also, make sure your X-bow isn't hitting the glass.

#1282 8 years ago

I don't have any experience with that one, but Mezel makes quality mods. I have yoyokopter's version, and I'm very happy with it.

#1307 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Here's my go-to strategy with it:
1) When starting a game, hurry and attack the prison during ball save in order to open the doors. This way if the magnet drops SDTM, then you get the ball back- and the prison doors are already open. I try to attack prison only during an active ball save.
2) When ball save is over, I then move to attacking the Well Walker. Reason for this is that going for the WW usually results in rebounds that hit the drop targets and allow modes to be active. Another side effect is that a missed WW shot can hit entrances and result in walker kills, so it's a win/win strategy to go for WW because it's also easy to start a multiball with him too.
3) By going for WW and getting drop targets from the rebounds, I'll have usually collected a walker bomb. I save those bombs as a ball save, so I leave one hit remaining on the prison or WW and when my ball drains I use the bomb to "save" my game and start a multiball
4) Since WW multiball is pretty simple, activating Blood Bath isn't very difficult here either- just keep going for the WW and rebounds to the drop targets have started Blood Bath numerous times for me so far.
Since I changed to this strategy I've had many more 100M+ games, consistently, vs 25-35M games.
Curious what game plan other people use immediately after shooting the ball at the start of a new game.

Like you, the first thing I do is try to get the prison doors open while the ball saver is still on. Once the prison is open, I concentrate on the drop targets, but specifically go for prison bombs. After getting a couple of those, I try to take out all of the prison walkers via the blue arrows, starting a mode in the process. After that, I pretty much just wing it.

#1310 8 years ago

Had Crossbow Frenzy and Horde running simultaneously for the first time last night. That was fun!!!

#1329 8 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Hey guys, I finally joined the club. I've been wanting one for a year now and picked up a premium yesterday. I am still trying to figure out all the rules. I watched Bowens tutorial already. But I have a few questions:
I see all the blue Arrows light up to clear the prison yard. Is this a mini mode that's a prerequisite to starting prison multiball every time?

There are three stages to starting prison multiball. The first is opening the doors. Once you do this, you must clear the prison yard of walkers. Each time you shoot one of the blue arrows, it will kill a walker in the prison yard. You can also kill them by bashing the prison walker head, but the blue arrows are a much safer way to do this. Once all the blue arrows are extinguished, I believe it takes two more hits to the prison walker to start the multiball.

#1355 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Quick tip for the club. While I really like Titan's Competition Silicone line. Don't use their post rubber on the arena ramp. Its just too damn good at being a post rubber. Nice and fat, super bouncy. But not what I want in a missed shoe over there. Holy s*** its in your face FAST.
Aside from that, Titan Competition Silicone all the way!

I agree that the Titan post sleeve aren't the best option for that spot. I just completely changed out every rubber in the game with Titans, but I put a red Stern post sleeve there.

#1377 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I can't get rid of my phantom well walker hits and I'm at a loss. I have checked and adjusted the switch a hundred times, doesn't seem to be directly related to the switch. I replaced the 'Z' connector on the wires as I saw that mentioned in a thread somewhere and no help.

Does your well walker switch register during switch test if you bang on the playfield? This was the case with mine, and I tried everything you did to no avail. Ultimately, I had to replace the switch in order to fix the issue.

#1443 8 years ago
Quoted from Ckykedworld:

Im thinking about making twd my next pin. Im just wondering what it would take to make a pro have options that a premium has. I like the cabinet colors/design of the pro and it is in my price range too. Would i regret not getting a premium?

There is no way you can add the premium features to a pro. You either have to pay up for them, or go with the pro. The pro is a great game, and if that's all your budget will allow, then I say go for it. If you find that you absolutely love the game and want to explore upgrading to a premium later on, that will always be an option.

#1481 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone else feel that Horde kills should count towards LMS?? Feels like a coding slip up...

With the way Horde is currently programmed, I think it would make getting to LMS too easy. In fact, I wish Horde was a little harder. As it stands, it's not difficult to keep the mode going for a very long time, at least on the premium/LE.

#1492 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I really like the game, big fan, already have mine since november 2014
Only one remark, that's woodbury... It's just too easy.
When choosing, if you click right flipper button enough times, you can choose whatever you want for the value of the upper right light,
which is too easy to get. The more difficult shots (like the rollovers) should be more rewarding than the easy shots.

I agree 100%.

#1501 8 years ago

What exactly do you need to do to reach and then start "Siege"? I've gotten two super jackpots during prison multiball a couple times. Was I close?

#1503 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Siege is 12 jackpots Gweem! And then you hit prison head to start.
I think you can move it down to 6 in the settings.
I think mine is set at 8?

So it has nothing to do with supers? Just 12 jackpots of any kind?

#1513 8 years ago

Serious question, how many of you have had Horde ended because you were too slow shooting the shots and got bit?

I've been to Horde half a dozen times, and I've never been "bit" during it. When I first encountered the mode, I assumed it would eventually get to the point where the walkers were advancing too fast and you would get bit. Perhaps I haven't played the mode long enough to experience this, but they never seem to go insanely fast even after quite a while. Is there any type of setting where you can change the escalation rate at which their speed increases or change their maximum speed? If not, there should be.

1 week later
#1672 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

The downside of that for me is that sometimes the WW stays back and hits don't register.

Quoted from pauloz:

Might need to adjust it. It goes back and the arm catches on the Woodbury Sign. Doesn't do it all the time.

This used to happen to mine. The tip of the WW's finger would occasionally get stuck on the edge of the Crossbow/Fish Tank sign. I slightly bent the bracket that holds up the sign, and it hasn't been a problem since. Just be careful that you don't crack the ramp while attempting this.

#1694 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im so glad mine is pretty nice to me on that note, however the left outlane is the meanest I've ever encountered ...

I take it you've never played Pin Bot ...

#1707 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

What on earth dictates which weapon you get for a multikill and does the weapon make a lick of difference?

I'm pretty sure it's random, and I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever.

1 week later
#1862 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Search my name here in the thread to get some pictures and things I have done to my particular TWD Pro (Go to top of page --> "Find Posts in this Topic" --> put my name in --> BOOM, you found my posts and pictures).

It's even easier than that. All you have to do is click on the little silhouette icon next to the post number, and it will show every post that user made in the thread.

posts_(resized).jpgposts_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1963 8 years ago
Quoted from JJ101:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Joined the club today..so nice I had to have it twice ...

Way to make an entrance!!!

#2070 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Has anyone purchased a plastics protector set for a TWD LE from Pinbits?
Are they colored or clear?
Does the plastics set work for an LE?

I installed the full set of Pinbits protectors on my LE. They are clear. I highly recommend them.

2 weeks later
#2210 8 years ago
Quoted from ArgabargaJones:

The skill shot seems to miss about 30% of the time and end up in the bumpers. Haven't figured out what it catches on. Is that normal?

This is not normal. Check to make sure the tip of the plunger is striking the center of the ball.

#2238 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There's a fix for the glass issue also. Somewhere in this thread someone used washers to lower the playfield slightly - was actually a really simple fix.

That was me. Here's a link to my original post ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-daryls-crossbow-mod-by-yoyokopter#post-2641360

#2269 8 years ago

Ever since I installed plastic protectors, shots from the crossbow to the Arena ramp will often bounce up and over the ramp, often landing on the BG return ramp. This never happened on my game before. Obviously, I slightly tweaked something when putting everything back together. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you tame the problem?

#2273 8 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a strange problem. I noticed when dead features were lit and i hit riot, barn would start and vise versa.
I checked the switches and the center says left and left says center.
Is there an easy fix, or should i just swap the switches?

Sounds like they accidentally got the connections reversed at the factory. Does a switch test confirm this?

#2282 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow finally made it to Horde.. What a fantastic mode!! The intro with the music and the shaker implementation is bad ass, I felt like I was fighting for my life!

Yep, there's nothing like the first time you get to Horde. It may very well be the best mode in all of pinball. Absolutely brilliant!

#2283 8 years ago

I was thinking about why this game is so hard. There are many reasons, but I think the main one is that the most important shot in the game is the 3-target bank. You simply cannot progress through the game without shooting those targets a shitload of times, and it happens to be a dangerous shot with a high likelihood of sending the ball out of control. Couple that with the brutal outlanes and the unpredictable magnets, and you have one of the most difficult games in modern pinball.

#2285 8 years ago

The music, light, concept is great but.. in it's current state.. no it isn't..
you can't beat it..
it's too easy (who has been bit yet during horde?)
mostly ends with a ball drain and advance to next ball in play which isn't something you want in a wizard mode, especially on 3ball games.

It's not perfect, and I agree with your points. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been bit, and I've been to Horde a dozen or so times. What happens if you get bit? Do you lose your ball?

#2288 8 years ago

@Gweemposte Flippers die and you get a keep shooting ...

So then it's better at some point during Horde to just cradle the ball and let yourself get bit than to keep on shooting until it drains? That does seem like a pretty big flaw. It's still a damn cool mode, though. So much fun!

#2306 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Walkers move faster as you hit more shots. It starts out slow, but eventually they start moving pretty quick and you will get bit.

Right, but there is a good chance you will lose the ball before that happens. If you are trying to get to Last Man Standing, it seems like it would make more sense to purposely get bit rather than keep going for points during Horde.

#2328 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Its just so random and strong of both magnets I dont think that would change things.
Plus I cant find any benefit of actually having them other than screw up an otherwise good scoring game.

Why don't you shut them off in the settings then?

#2340 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

This now redundant playfield protector was installed when new, not by me, I never liked the milky look it gets from playing but hey.. no harm done leaving it there..
But my continueing magnet issues made me decide to junk it, and so glad I have.
Balls no longer get the crazy swirls anymore, plus check the big bulges created by the magnet pull on the field.. Even without the magnet this was creating weird ball movement

I'm obviously missing something. What the heck is this a picture of?

#2344 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yeah its the part around the prison magnet, I cut the playfield protector into segments to remove it, it was toast anyway..
So anyone fitting One of these to a magnet involved game, save yourself the hassle and play natural wood , much better!!

Judging from the photo, the protector looks pretty thick. I've never seen something like this before. Does it cover the entire playfield? What is it made out of?

#2407 8 years ago

Did nodyliab stop making his BG mod? That's the one I have, and it's awesome!

#2429 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I do recall seeing something about ghost hits on the walker. That is happening to me, but it is weird in that it does not happen all the time. Sometimes I will just get well walker multi ball without doing anything except looking good while playing TWD. Suggestions?

That WW switch can be a bitch to dial in. You need to tweak it a bit to make it a little less sensitive.

#2469 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

I like this version of kpg. Good music and subtly replace shout outs. Here in Germany is broadcasted synchronized. Therefore, here are the original voices unknown. Only my daughter looked at the show in their original sound. She could also assign the votes. Ah,, thats Carl, Thats Rick ...

Interesting. Are most American shows dubbed instead of subtitled over there?

#2471 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

Really every show is dubbed in German. That's the reason, my English isn't so good as it could be

Your English seems pretty good to me. It's certainly a lot better than my German ....

#2509 8 years ago

Like others have said, the shot geometry makes it impossible for a perfectly clean crossbow shot to the tunnel. With the current rules, I don't even think there is a reason to ever attempt it.

#2511 8 years ago

There used to be a "Crossbow Multiball" that you could only achieve by hitting all five shots, but I think it has been replaced with "Crossbow Frenzy". Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#2521 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I can hit the BG and Barn shots consistently, but I still haven't made the Arena shot yet. Maybe it because I save it for last and thus never get too many chances at it. I did finally make the Riot shot one time, but it was not intentional. I had overshot BG. I'm sure that the reason for three is because they knew that 2 shots are nearly impossible and no one would ever see the mode if you had to make all five. Still I do love me some crossbow.

I find it easier to hit the Arena shot on the backswing.

#2531 8 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

Anyone bust the platic behind the well walker? I noticed my well walker bangs it pretty hard, perhaps I need to adjust it? Here's what happened to mine

I'd recommend swapping out the bottom plastic for the top one. The way it comes from the factory doesn't make any sense.

#2547 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I've never gotton a "Crossbow Frenzy" with my Premium, at least as far as I know. It may have happened without my knowing it. I think you have to get 3 successful Xbow shots in a row.

I don't think you need three in a row. You just need to successfully nail three different shots during the course of a game. Crossbow Frenzy will then begin the next time you shoot the Arena ramp.

1 week later
#2637 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You can try pulsing that magnet by hitting both flippers right around the time when you see the prison yard zombie getting wacked in the head by the crowbar ...

You mean when you see John Borg getting whacked in the head by the crowbar?

#2640 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Was that meant to be an likeness of him? Its does sort of look like him.

It's gotta be him. They even have the exact same hairstyle.

#2662 7 years ago

Regardless of the build date, all the LEs and premiums are running the exact same software (assuming they've been updated with the latest code). If the Horde light works on some games and not on others, the logical conclusion would be that it must be some kind of weird hardware issue.

#2673 7 years ago

So it sounds like nobody with a premium or LE has the Horde light during play after all. Must be a software bug.

#2676 7 years ago
Quoted from tonylo909:

On a side note: Is anyone else with the LE/Premium getting crazy air balls after hitting the double stacked black post sleeves to the right of the entrance of the Bicycle Girl ramp? I've had the ball sail over to the pops, the far right ramp, stuck behind the Well Walkers back and even on top of the ramp next to the Well Walkers left elbow!

I get some minor airballs off that post occasionally, but nothing like you are describing. Is your ramp flat sitting too high?

2 months later
#2989 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

What pitch do LE/premium owners have their pins set at? I'm too lazy to sift through this whole thread.

I've found around 7 degrees to be the sweet spot on this game.

#2992 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've found around 7 degrees to be the sweet spot on this game.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just curious - what position is the bubble on your shooter lane level at as a result then?

Here's a shot of my bubble taken from directly above ...

P1070734_(resized).JPGP1070734_(resized).JPG

#3001 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

TWD is a fun and intense game. Really enjoying playing it and the rules are fantastic! My problem is that I haven't figured out a good way to make 100+ kills without using a lot of balls. I am stacking modes and starting multiballs but so far unable to tame this beast.

I need a better strategy as well. I consider myself to be an above average player, and I haven't even come close to LMS yet. I think my best is around 70 kills.

1 week later
#3107 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

How hard is this mod to wire? I ordered one of these but the online instructions are a little confusing

Which mod are you referring to? The prison tower?

#3113 7 years ago

I was talking to someone the other day who said that Lyman considers his code for TWD to be his finest work, and he will continue to tweak until he feels it has reached perfection.

#3141 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey guys, the TWD pro on location that I frequent has a slight flipper hop on the right inlane. I've tried to loosen the lane guide and push it up and retighten, but that was no help. Anyone have any other ideas?

Titan recently started offering a thinner version of their competition silicone flipper rubbers. Perhaps these will solve your problem?

#3156 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's the going price USA for HUO LE?

That's hard to say. I guess it depends on what mods it has. I would think they would start around $7k for a stock one, and go up from there.

#3163 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well a nib premium is now 6800 or more . Seems nice used le are between 7500 8200 depending on mods

Are they really that much now? Wow! I had no idea. So they've actually gone up in value? $7,500 is more than I paid for mine NIB.

#3173 7 years ago

I own the LE, but I've played the pro many times. In my opinion, the premium/LE is the superior game. Most importantly, the walker bombs fundamentally change the strategy and make the game way more fun (albeit a bit easier). I also like a lot of the other added features. The BG lift ramp is cool, as it takes some of the monotony out of hitting that ramp over and over. I also like the Woodbury drop target. It prevents the ball from going in the shooter lane, and speeds up the game. The crossbow is cool as well. It's certainly a lot more fun that shooting those shots with the flippers. Add in the spinners, color changing inserts, two-color GI, well walker magnet, etc.... and the premium/LE is a no-brainer.

#3191 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I finally got to put a lot of time on this game, what a great game. It will be next pin!!

Pro or premium?

#3212 7 years ago

I installed the prison tower mod last night (with a wonderful custom paint job by Tuna, I might add). I just want to confirm that I have it hooked up properly. Is the white light in the tower supposed to be tied to the red flashers in the prison, and the red light in the tower tied to the pop bumper flasher? If so, then I have it correct.

#3222 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just double checked my game and you've got it hooked up correctly. Pretty cool mod and lighting effects eh?

Thanks! I thought I had it hooked up correctly, but then I started second guessing myself. It's a really cool mod, and it looks factory with your paint job.

#3226 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

born on June 30 2016

Congrats! Just make sure to check out that playfield very carefully. There have been a lot of quality control issues lately. Hopefully yours is fine.

#3228 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

play field was dated April 2016, no obvious issues that i saw, then again i have to admit the thought of Ghosting never really crossed my mind when it arrived, we were having to much fun setting it up and giving it a test run

My MET playfield is from April as well, and it does not have any ghosting. Hopefully, ours were made before all the problems started.

#3242 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Just had some of my sticker for my Well Walker base fall off. This happened to anyone else?

It happens to everyone else. My advice is to peel off the rest of the sticker and be done with it.

3 weeks later
#3384 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I ordered one at Allentown...shipped from Chicago about 3 weeks after the show... Premium... No issues with inserts. But, the build date is January 2016. Not sure if Premiums are still rolling off the line with recently manufactured playfields or if they have stock on hand from older runs.

Not surprising that your January 2016 playfield is fine. Is seems like the bad playfields didn't start being manufactured until late April.

#3391 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I just received a TWD Premium last week from Shelley Sax at Stern. It says it was built on September 1, 2016. I daresay it is 'box-fresh'!

How is the playfield, and what date is stamped on it?

#3399 7 years ago

Your well walker switch probably needs adjustment. (in normal position the switch is closed, which is the opposite of most other switches!)

That switch is notorious for being flaky. I've had to tweak mine a couple times.

#3410 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Playfield is great.
I just can't figure out how to adjust the switch on the well-walker so it doesn't register phantom hits. Kind of frustrating--my best buddy is coming in from out of town just to play this today!

The switch should be similar to the one pictured below. You need to slightly bend the metal actuator arm so that the switch stays closed when the well walker is in its resting position.

Edit: Looks like YeOldPinPlayer beat me to the punch.

microswitch (resized).jpgmicroswitch (resized).jpg

#3424 7 years ago

It seems like Stern has been providing better quality balls lately. They used to be just horrible, but the last couple games I unboxed actually had some decent balls.

1 week later
#3470 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's awesome but aren't some of the Dead modes just like hit the shot x number of times?

Yes, but even a relatively pedestrian mode can become so much more interesting when you factor in the playfield and inlane multipliers.

#3473 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Does anyone know if this pin is currently being colorized? The dots are great and a color DMD would be a must-buy on this one.

I have heard that they are having difficulty with the colorization because of all the permutations during Horde. If anyone can figure it out, though, Randy can.

#3490 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hat's the Cleland code mod? Is this just voice call outs or music as well? I have a nice music replacement someone did but it still has the voice callouts from the original game.

Cleland changed up some of the music and replaced almost all of the factory callouts with sound clips from the show.

#3517 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks!
Anyone add a shaker to their game? If so how do you like it?

The shaker is very well implemented on this game and worth every penny!

1 week later
#3557 7 years ago
Quoted from Phoenixbt:

Just got my premium up and running today and loving it! My fire button is acting up though...wouldn't fire on the crossbow shot or to launch a ball. I took the lockdown bar off and it works just fine in switch test without the actual fire button. When I put the bar on though it doesn't register. If I shake or move the bar a little it will register sometimes too. I looked on the fire button and the plastic seems to be moving up and down when I push the button.
Anyone have suggestions on what I can do for a fix? Thanks!

Make sure the leaf didn't get wedged down and stuck. That's what happened to mine once. I popped it back up and it worked fine again. If this isn't the problem, it may simply be a matter of adjusting the switch gap.

#3562 7 years ago

Every once in a while my crossbow will do the same thing with a very weak launch. I believe chuckwurt is dead on with his theory that the ball isn't sitting all the way back in the crossbow. I'm not sure what causes this. I've looked, but can't figure out why it wouldn't load properly all the time. Fortunately, it happens very rarely on my game.

#3569 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

The foam is perfect still. It stopped the rivet from digging in. But since the flap sits above the playfield, the constant ball hitting it into the playfield when it goes up made it dig in is my guess. I put some mylar on it now, just sucks I didnt notice it earlier. I wasnt looking for that, I had been watching where the rivets were.

That sucks, but you can at least cover the damage with a Cliffy if it bothers you.

#3575 7 years ago

Just make sure to hold on to the spring when you pull off the e-clip or that sucker will go flying ....

#3577 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I looked at the outside briefly but saw no rubber tip. Im assuming you mean on the inside of the machine. ?

He was referring to the rubber tip at the end of the shooter rod that makes contact with the ball. You will need to lift up the playfield to access it. Makes sure to remove the balls first, or shove a rag in the shooter lane so they don't all come pouring out.

#3598 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Where is color DMD for this game???

I heard there is a technical hurdle because of all the graphical permutations during Horde.

1 week later
#3658 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

move the 1 million or whatever reward you want to the very top of the dmd using the left flipper, then hit the right flipper 3 times to move the skill shot to the top right lane. then for premium/le folks, hit the launch button on the lockdown bar, almost always scores the right lane on plunge...

This is precisely why I have the launch button disabled in my settings. It takes a lot of the "skill" out of the skill shot.

#3681 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My well walker well is taking some damage on the front right side. Has anyone seen any protectors or anything for this area?

That decal gets destroyed on every game. I just pulled mine off and left it bare metal. Some people opt for this pants decal ...

http://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/95d4bd25-0110-98b3-7b29-dd8ed4685b54

1 week later
#3698 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So last night I changed my battery while the machine was on and found out after that it still reset my scores and audits. But, with the same battery, it is now saving everything.
Very strange.. Anyone seen this or know why it would have happened?

I'm curious to know why you changed the battery. Don't those coin type lithium batteries last 4-5 years? TWD hasn't even been out close to that long.

1 week later
#3734 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

.... also I ended up using the dime mod on my barn head switch soft shots didnt register now it works great!

Plus, if you ever to decide to sell the game, you will get 10 cents more for it ....

#3767 7 years ago

I'm impressed. I've never even gotten close to starting LMS. My best is around 70 kills, and I consider myself to be an above average player.

#3771 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Too bad the lms insert won't stay lit to mark the occasion.

I don't even think the Horde insert works properly.

1 week later
#3791 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Is Last Man Standing considered to be THE ultimate achievement in this game?

On factory settings, LMS is definitely the hardest mode to achieve, so in that sense I guess many would consider it to be the ultimate goal that they are working towards. TWD is a unique game, though. It's sort of a hybrid between a points based game and a mode based game. As such, there isn't a traditional wizard mode that requires starting or completing all the other modes. It's possible to reach LMS without ever seeing modes such as Siege, Escape Terminus, etc ... Because of this, I consider Horde, Siege, Escape Terminus, Crossbow Frenzy, and even LMS to be more like "mini wizard modes". They can all technically be achieved in any order. It just depends on how you want to attack the game.

#3816 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I have a question on shaker motors. I put one in my GOT and didn't seem too obnoxiously loud. I put one in my TWD and that thing sounds like it's going to vibrate right out of the cabinet. I already turned it down to medium because it was way loud and still seems very loud. Just wondering if that is just the nature of the thing when you are in a quiet environment or do I have to do some adjust/tightening?

Does your shaker have the long screw at the top that connects both sides? If so, tightening this up will get rid of that "jackhammer" effect.

1 week later
#3859 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks that is exactly what I meant- use left inlane X then shoot the right ramp to load/fire the crossbow. Yours scores are ridiculous.

On the premium/LE, if you use the left inane x to feed the crossbow, your crossbow shot is multiplied? I never knew this.

#3862 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I was asking that... I don't think the crossbow shot would be, because wouldn't the entrance to the right ramp itself be the shot that was multiplied?

That's exactly what I thought, which is why I was surprised to hear that the crossbow show itself was multiplied.

1 week later
#3869 7 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a set of the limited edition mirrored BladeSkins that they never installed? These are the ones I'm referring to ...

TWD BladeSkins (resized).jpgTWD BladeSkins (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3887 7 years ago

Who sells this "HITCHHIKERS MAY BE ESCAPING INMATES" sign?

TWD Sign (resized).jpgTWD Sign (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3901 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Any other recommended mods besides just cosmetic ones? Also, does anyone have any pointers on using the Crossbow? I suck at it and it is almost too risky to use as I've gotten quite a few insta-drains from it. I've thought about disabling it all-together but figured I'd just keep practicing to see if I get better.

I'd highly recommend yoyokopter's crossbow mod. It looks awesome, and the laser makes it a lot easier to line up the shot ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-daryls-crossbow-mod-by-yoyokopter

#3926 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone put a plastic protectors set on their twd Any particular seller/product you guys would recommend?

I installed the full set of Pinbits protectors on mine. Very happy with them.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_87&products_id=621&zenid=edb30eac1711bdfd126d686cbe4ef812

#3955 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have put about 30-40 plays on a prem I just took in on a temp trade and I haven't even sniffed horde. I think someone said horde is similar in difficulty to getting HOTK on GOT. Not true. Haha

I own both. HOTK is much easier to reach. You only have to complete three modes. Horde requires you to light all of the weapons, which is much harder to do, especially considering the fact that TWD is a way more difficult game to begin with.

#3957 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

4 modes but 100% agree. Well if you pick Greyjoy they spot you a house, but you get the idea.

Oops! You are correct. It's four modes for HOTK. Still much easier than Horde. Some of the house modes are really easy to complete, particularly Stark.

3 weeks later
#4124 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Would you need a piggy back connector for the 5 or 12v power supply for the color DMD if you already use that for either a shaker motor, led backboard power supply, or led under cab mods?

No. The ColorDMD wiring harness comes with a built-in splitter.

#4128 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I thought it would really be distracting have it set back that far from the glass, but it really doesn't. I do need to put that foam around though to hide the insides.

I kind of like the way you can see the insides of the game, especially if you have a speaker light kit installed.

1 week later
#4226 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I always have leaned towards the LCD. My only issue has been that they don't mount flush. Can you tell me how much of a gap is there? Is it noticeable from straight on or at angles?

From straight on, you can't even notice the gap. You can see it from an angle, but it's honestly no big deal.

#4233 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone have a fix for the Well Walker well cracking and peeling?
I bought those "walker pants" and those lasted about 1 day before breaking apart...

My advice would be to just go with bare metal. I've been playing with bare metal for years now.

#4247 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Technically this is not true.
You can intentionally brick the shot out of the crossbow and if it goes down the return lane to trigger the X multiplier you can still shoot a successful crossbow shot off the flipper in that grace period

LOL! This seems like a bug in the code to me. As soon as you trigger a playfield switch, shouldn't it end the crossbow mode?

1 week later
#4257 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah nothing like the tunnel to arena ramp combo ...

I love this combo, but I find that the ball sometimes gets so much speed that it will fly off the ramp.

#4285 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Is there one part number for the heads/aquarium assembly on the playfield or do you have to order each head and the housing separately?

You can't buy the OEM aquarium. Your only option is to order an aftermarket one, or make your own.

#4287 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

So part number 511-7535-01 is not the whole assembly including heads? Just the empty aquarium?

No, that's probably the whole assembly. I just don't think you can buy it anywhere. Of course, I could be wrong.

#4289 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've bought parts directly from stern for my GOT. Don't see why not. But I bet it's expensive.

I was under the impression that they often won't sell certain parts that are considered "upgrades" on the premium/LE's. This is to discourage people from buying the pros and then just upgrading the game themselves. Like I said, I could be wrong about this.

1 week later
#4315 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How did you earn 4 extra balls?
Also how the hell are people collecting 10 towers? I think the most I have collected is 3 maybe.

Yeah. Same with me. I don't think I've ever even been close to 10.

#4335 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Always been a little nervous doing the sound file thing. Does it change anything else like the music/code or just change the callouts? If any issues do you just revert back to Stern's latest code?

Loading the modified code is no different than loading the official code. Just be aware that you will lose all your high scores and settings.

#4343 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

My Wellwalker magnet seems underpowered compared to some I have seen - is it adjustable?

My well walker magnet is similar to yours. It affects the ball, but not nearly as much as I've seen on some other machines. It doesn't really bother me, since the game is already hard enough, but I wonder what accounts for the difference. Is it the strength of the magnet, the timing of the switch being activated, or both?

#4345 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I have times where the ball barely is affected, then other times it throws it hard. I think its just a matter of timing of activation and where the ball is and its direction of travel already.

That makes sense, but it still doesn't explain why some games simply get way more action overall from that magnet than others.

#4347 7 years ago

I wonder if it has anything to do with the playfield angle. My game is set to about 7 degrees. Perhaps people with games that aren't as steep see more action from the magnet. Just grasping at straws here.

#4353 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Update.
F7 blown!
So, if magnets don't seem to be working check this fuse.
Slow blow 4A to replace.

Yep. A blown F7 is very common on this game.

3 weeks later
#4449 7 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Who else has some ideas for mods? Right now I'm thinking Shaker, Pop bumper mod, tower mod, survivors inside mod for the prison ...

After the BG light, my next favorite mod would easily be yoyokopter's awesome crossbow ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00602-daryl-s-crossbow-mod-by-yoyokopter

#4467 7 years ago

It would definitely be helpful if the inserts in front of the well walker strobed or did some other kind of obvious pattern to indicate when you are only one hit away. The well walker flasher could also be used.

#4488 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I saw LED ColorDMDs in the flesh last Saturday Neil. Seems overly bright to me. Must say I personally prefer the LCD.

I have both, and I prefer the LCD as well.

4 weeks later
#4532 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I've got a TWD-LE, the only TWD I could find at the time, and just don't enjoy the theme at all. Had considered a trade offer for MET Prem/LE, even though it may not be as great a coded game, I might just prefer playing it!

I think MET has great code. It's not as complicated or as deep as TWD, but it's very challenging and a ton of fun. If you're not digging TWD, you should definitely give MET a try. They may have been designed and coded by the same people, but the two games couldn't be more different.

3 weeks later
#4685 6 years ago

On factory settings, I've only started Siege once in all the years I've owned the game.

#4702 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember you only need six multikills to ge to horde. There's about 20 available in the game to collect. Choose the easiest 6. I listed what I thought were the easiest six.

I think you can also get a multikill from completing the fish tank a certain number of times. This is another easy, low risk shot.

3 months later
#5228 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I have a problem where my ball bounces off the flipper bat as it makes contact from rolling down the inlane.

Titan sells some thin flipper rubbers. Perhaps give those a try?

4 weeks later
#5348 6 years ago

I just installed a SainSmart PWM DC 6V 12V 24V 28V 3A Motor Speed Control Switch Controller inline with my Cointaker shaker and this is a must have controller for the shaker. Its cheap ($10-$12) and allows fine control of the cointaker shaker. At 1/3 speed the cointaker shaker is equivalent to the stern shaker.

If you are going to all this trouble just to bring the red tremor shaker down to Stern shaker speeds, wouldn't it make more sense just buy the Stern shaker in the first place?

1 week later
#5372 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Once you see the zombie get hit in the head for the 2nd time with the crowbar, start flipping both flippers ...

Interesting little tidbit, that zombie is actually supposed to be John Borg.

1 week later
#5382 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone who brought an LE confirm for me did TWDLE’s come with Sterns metal/plastic cabinet leg protectors out of the box?

They for sure came with the protectors. I think every single Stern game since around ACDC has shipped with them installed.

2 weeks later
#5464 6 years ago

Wow! This is quite a nice surprise. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. TWD is Lyman's magnum opus. It already had the best code of any game out there, and now he went and made it even better.

#5471 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The only way I’ve been able to see siege and last man standing is to set the game on 10 ball. Haha

I've owned my LE since it first came out. With the game on factory defaults, I've only seen Siege once, and have never seen LMS.

#5475 6 years ago

LMS should be a lot more achievable for your average player with the new code. Having four walkers lit instead of three is a huge change.

#5496 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

What is everyone's favorite mod?

You don't have the game listed in your collection, but if you're asking about the left ramp then I assume you have a premium or an LE. My two favorite mods by far are Gnassel's BG light and yoyokopter's crossbow. They are both awesome and feel like they should have come with the game from the factory.

#5558 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Bicycle girl is lit from the start ...

I noticed that. Is this just a new default setting? I assume you can still have it be unlit at the beginning of the game?

#5560 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I sold my LE before Horde was programmed and now that I've experienced it I'm blown away, I thought Siege was cool but Horde is now my favorite mode in all of pinball hands down.

I would agree that Horde is the coolest mode in all of pinball.

#5621 6 years ago

For those of you with premium/LE's, I have a tip. I've noticed that if you get the ball stuck under the bicycle girl ramp, it has a tendency to drain straight down the middle once it goes into ball search and lifts the ramp. This is extremely frustrating, but there is a simple solution. Just make sure you have coin door ball saver turned on, and as soon as the ramp releases the ball, open the coin door. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

#5661 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

Who determined the large plastic should be on bottom behind the well walker and why? Mine is on top and seems correct to me. Just wondering.

It allows more range of movement, thus creating a more dramatic effect when you hit him squarely.

#5665 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

isn't there a trapped ball issue with the small plastic on top? The ball can get caught in between the walker and the small plastic. With the large on top it can't happen.

This is a good point, and probably the reason they install it with the large plastic on top at the factory. That being said, I don't recall the ball ever getting stuck there on my game, and I reversed those plastics years ago.

#5670 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Has anyone had stucky balls on the left ramp?
I’m so confused. I hit a pretty solid shot to the left ramp, the ball disappears behind the backboard, then nothing... doesn’t come out the other side.
As soon as I lift the playfield up to investigate the ball comes rolling out. I reach back there and feel the inside of the ramp and there doesn’t seem to be anything the ball could catch on.
Gremlins?

I had that happen early on. It turned out there were some wires hanging down that would block the ramp behind the backboard when the playfield was down.

#5709 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Flipper Bats for TWD Premium ***

Are they unique to the Premium to accommodate the crossbow? As in, are they a little shorter in profile than those of other Sterns?

Or can something like this work if I want to replace the bats?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=269

Thanks in advance.

They are just normal flipper bats. I installed those exact same ones from Pinball Life in my LE last week. Swapped out the original yellow with black ...

P1080061 (resized).JPGP1080061 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#5757 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Which inner art blades are those on your TWDLE?

Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m not sure where they are from. They were on the machine when I bought it.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Those are from Pingraffix. They had them also with the fence in mirror, but I can only find the normal ones now.

The mirrored fence ones pictured above were a limited run of 100. They have been replaced by this new version with mirrored barbed wire ...

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/twd-bladeskins

#5761 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Anyone know how to fix flickering bayonet LED socket issues? The ones right beside the flippers on each side (under the inlane guides) are flickering/not working. Tried swapping bulbs with each other but did not resolve.

Contact Stern. I believe there is an upgraded wiring harness that fixes this.

#5801 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Wasn’t the Woodbury sign factory? I always thought it was.

No, but that's the sign of a truly great mod when people assume it's factory. A lot of people have copied him, but I believe Joe from Laseriffic should get credit for that one.

1 week later
#5831 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Are you telling me an adjustment of the pops will have to come from the switches themselves, *not* from the Service Menu?

Correct. If you want the pop bumper to be less sensitive, you will need to physically adjust the switch underneath the playfield. When the ball hits the skirt, it presses down on a spoon, which in turn triggers a leaf switch. You can make the pop bumper less sensitive by slightly widening the leaf switch gap. This will give you an idea of what the mech looks like below the playfield ...

Pop Bumper (resized).jpgPop Bumper (resized).jpg

#5836 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Any helpful hints on scoring. Like how to use walker bombs. How you get walker bombs. And how many you get etc.

Read through this. It explains a lot ...

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

#5860 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does it matter what order I install the new color DMD software or the new music software?

No, it really doesn't matter. I didn't realize the new code for the ColorDMD was out yet, though.

1 week later
#5886 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

on my new premium my prison doors are taking about 4-5 shots to activate. i believe they needed adjusted somehow. ill hit them and nothing. then hit them nothing. then maybe on the third hit they respond.

anyone had to adjust them and how>?

Sounds like a flaky opto. Try re-seating the connectors. You can test it with your finger in switch test mode. It should register every time the beam is broken.

#5946 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My wife custom painted my well walker. I think he looks much scarier than before. Looks much more like a bloated zombie found in the bottom of a well.

Nice! That's one of the best custom paint jobs I've seen on the WW.

#5959 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Agreed that painted WW looks dope.
However i was unable to find a solution to the plunge problem either. While i was tinkering with it, i could only see maybe figuring out a way to bend that lane guide a bit like said above might be the only solution.

Make sure the tip of the plunger is hitting the ball squarely every time.

#5965 6 years ago
Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

Going to go look at a TWD Premium, is there anything I need to look out for with this game wear or damage wise? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Early premiums may have some playfield damage from the edge of the bicycle girl ramp. It's not really a big deal, since you can only see it when the ramp is up. You can also cover it with a cliffy if it bothers you, but it's something to be aware of. Other than that, you just want to look for typical stuff like wear in the shooter lane, broken plastics, etc ... I'd also verify that the crossbow is working properly. It should swing back and forth smoothly, and be able to fire the ball hard enough to make both ramps.

#5994 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi All,
On my TWD Premium, the lone drop-target for the Woodbury shot is struggling. It goes down and the machine sends pulses to bring it back up, but it doesn't come up reliably anymore. Is this a coil issue? I'm not sure how to proceed. Doesn't look like one can do too much to fix this, aside from replace the coil and re-soldier everything...which I've never done!
Looks like I might be about to learn something new...anyone know what parts to order to fix this?
Cheers,
Winston.

Check the drop target itself. There is a little protruding part that is supposed to catch on to the plastic ledge when the target is raised. This part of the target may have broken. The other possibility is that the plastic ledge itself is broken.

1 week later
#6008 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is it just me, or is Siege the toughest mode to get started in TWD?

It's not just you. I've owned the game since it first came out, and I've never seen Siege even once in all that time.

4 weeks later
#6098 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im getting ready to sell my HUO TWD LE. I am the only owner. Color dmd and a few various mods. I dont play very much and Im sure there are under 200 plays on it. It really is in perfect condition. This may be the wrong place to mention it but often browse club threads of games Im interested in so I thought I would float it out there. Please PM me if interested.

FYI, if you want to sell a game on Pinside, you are required to create an ad in the market. Thanks!

#6100 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Who does the best crossbow?

Yoyokopter ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00602-daryl-s-crossbow-mod-by-yoyokopter

Quoted from J85M:

Is there much other than those worth having?

In my opinion, the most essential mod you can buy for the premium/LE is the Bicycle Girl light. Gnassel makes the best one ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-walking-dead-le-bicycle-girl-led-mod

1 month later
#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm shooting for Terminus next... Nowhere near it yet!

I've gotten to Terminus a couple times, but I've never started Siege even once, and I've owned the game since it first came out.

#6261 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How many times to Horde or LMS?

Horde dozens of times. LMS only once, and it was recently. I was never able to reach it on the old code.

#6263 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, right now ranked 381 & 415... than means not pinball wizards, but we are able to play pinball

I'm currently ranked 11560th. Not too shabby, huh?

#6265 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you have your game set at 6.5 degrees, or steeper?

I have mine set around 7 degrees. I think it plays best at this slope.

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So based on that video, do you think he's at the standard 6.5? I really have a hard time believing it just from looking at the sling action. When the ball hits the slings, it gets shot out to the direction of the outlane very quickly. His ball sort of lobs over to the side.

I agree that the ball seems to be moving in slow motion compared to my game set at 7 degrees.

#6290 5 years ago

The reason Terminus is so hard to reach is because it requires such a large number of shots to the drop targets. This is fundamentally an unsafe shot, as there is no way to hit them and guarantee that you will maintain control of the ball.

#6302 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you’re in a multiball you cannot start horde. If you’re in a mode, I don’t think you can either.

Lyman may have changed it in the most recent code update, but I know in the past I was able to stack Crossbow Frenzy with Horde.

#6306 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

1st time to SIEGE yesterday...

Congrats! I know you have to score a certain number of jackpots during prison multiball, but how do you know when Siege is ready? Also, how do you start it?

#6309 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I believe the SIEGE insert will flash. You start it by hitting the prison, which means there's a good chance you'll start it without knowing it.

So the insert will start flashing during prison multiball once you have you nailed enough jackpots, or it won't start flashing until the multiball ends?

#6314 5 years ago

Is your magnet core flush with the playfield?

#6316 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Definitely during the multiball.

Thanks! So then I guess my last question is do you have to wait for prison multiball to end before you can start Siege, or will it just automatically roll into Siege with the next prison shot once the insert starts flashing? There seems to be a lot of confusion about this.

#6319 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The best way to think about it is that Prison MB *becomes* Siege at that point.

So what if you light Siege but don't start it during the multiball? Do you lose it, or does it carry over to your next ball?

#6321 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure it starts when the 12th kill is collected, so you either get to siege or you need to start prison MB again and collect the 12th kill. Then it will start.

Okay, that makes sense. So as soon as you nail that 12th kill, the Siege insert starts flashing, and you are now in Siege.

#6324 5 years ago

I'm going to test it with the glass of right now. I'll report back.

#6325 5 years ago

Okay, so I just tested everything thoroughly and I think I now have a pretty good handle on how it works. I also now understand why almost nobody ever sees Siege. It's a REALLY hard mode to get to! For starters, I didn't even realize there were two separate stages to Prison Multiball ...

During the first stage, you must shoot the prison walker to score a jackpot. You need to do this six times to complete the stage. Shooting any of the lit arrows or the closed prison doors will open the doors. Prison bombs can be used to score a jackpot, but only if the doors are already open. If they are closed, a bomb will open them, so if you have more than one prison bomb saved up, you can essentially use two in a row to get a jackpot. Once six jackpots have been collected, the Riot shot will start to strobe. You must shoot it to score the super jackpot and begin stage two.

During stage two, the prison doors will remain closed the entire time. You must shoot one of the two ramps and then shoot the prison in order to score a jackpot. To make things even more difficult, prison bombs can no longer be used to score a jackpot. They can be used to score a hit to one of the ramps, but the jackpots must be collected by physically shooting the closed prison doors. Once you score six jackpots, it will say "Siege is lit" on the DMD. This is a bit confusing, because the Siege insert will not actually light until the multiball is over. Perhaps "Siege is ready" would have made more sense.

When the multiball ends, the Siege insert will start to strobe and the next shot to the prison will start it. Once you start Siege, the mode continues until you either complete it or the game ends. The good news is that your progress carries over from ball to ball. I'm not going to spoil Siege, but the rules for it are pretty straightforward.

I hope this information helps. Prison Multiball is actually quite confusing, especially the second stage because both ramps as well as the prison are lit the entire time making it difficult to know what shot you are supposed to go for next. When you add in the fact that you are trying to accomplish all of this while juggling 2 or more balls, it makes Siege an extremely difficult mini-wizard mode to get to. Without the bombs, it must be even harder on the pro. Fortunately, Siege is amazingly cool, making it that much sweeter when you do manage to start it.

#6327 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you make this a key post? Nice work.

I am currently in the process of doing just that.

#6330 5 years ago

I don't know if we will ever see another code update for this game, but a few small tweaks would definitely make Prison Multiball easier to understand. For example, it would be very convenient during the second stage if the prison only strobed when the jackpot was available. It's possible that there is some information conveyed on the DMD that helps guide you, but it's hard enough to keep multiple balls in play, let alone read the DMD simultaneously.

#6340 5 years ago

DavidPinballWizz

Thanks for all those links! The only real major difference I see between your description and mine is during the first stage of Prison Multiball. Lyman may have changed the rules at some point, but my testing yesterday revealed that you are not required to shoot the lit arrows to open the prison doors. A hit to the closed prison doors will open them as well. This means you can technically beat the first stage by nailing only the prison and no other shots 12 times. I was surprised to discover this, as I had always assumed that you needed to alternate your shots.

#6346 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So played a couple of games last night and realize that the problem I'm having is not the optos at the door. It's the zombie head. It often does not register hits. Is there a switch on the back of it like the troll heads in Medieval Madness? What's the easiest way for me to fix this?

Just go under the playfield and tighten the switch gap to make it more sensitive. I had the same problem with hits not registering, and it's been working great ever since I made the adjustment.

#6352 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Not a bad idea, but not sure I'm wanting to change it up that much. I just thought that because there was a bit of a space, maybe I could move it down 1/16 of an inch.

You can. That's the whole purpose of that space.

#6354 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hmmmmmm... Is it like WPC games? Just loosen nut underneath? At quick glance, it looked different.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-best-way-to-adjust-outlane-posts

yoyokopter's mod is another option if you are particularly frustrated ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00605-save-post-walking-dead-by-yoyokopter

#6356 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I swear the LE I picked up a couple months ago has rubbers on the outlane post?

They all have rubbers on the outline posts.

#6366 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

MS way easier than Valinor. Not even close.

Agreed. Valinor in unattainable for most players

#6376 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Anyone seen any air-balls? I just installed a 13 piece plastics protectors set fron Pinbits. Not easy, but, worth it.

I installed the plastic protectors on mine. It wasn't too bad. The biggest pain in the ass was getting to all the stuff on the right under the ramps. I replaced all the rubbers with Titans at the same time, which allowed me to kill two birds with one stone.

#6393 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

LMS seems unreachable! Anyone have any suggestions?

Lower the amount of kills necessary to reach it ...

#6402 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where did you get those speaker lights/design from, love it!

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

#6429 5 years ago

CT should just include the board with the shaker. Does anyone actually like how much that thing shakes? It can't be good for the machine.

2 months later
#6746 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

Added the Pingravings instruction cards ...

Those look great. Thanks for the pics!

1 month later
#6942 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Another 1 dollar mod

Why is the blood dripping sideways?

3 months later
#7402 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Every couple of games there's an issue with ball launch from both the plunger and auto launch not making it up to the rollover targets. The ball clips the lower left pop bumper, which means you miss the skill shot so it is quite annoying. I'm not sure sure why it's doing that but has anyone got any suggestions - I've checked the bumper isn't out of line and the metal guides seem OK too and really not sure what to check next?

Make sure the ball is resting properly in the shooter lane and that the plunger is striking it dead center.

4 weeks later
#7504 5 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Finally joined the 1B club after 2 years... Even escaped horde after 440M. Still 30 kills away from LMS.

Nice! I had an awesome Horde the other day. Unfortunately, I became so focused on escaping and cashing in that I wasn't paying attention to the walkers and got bit.

1 week later
#7542 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I was worried switching the bodies as I thought it would be hard. I've switched a couple of early SS games and it was a bitch. But these new games were pretty easy/

It's not too bad. The only annoying part is having to de-solder and then reconnect the lamp leads.

1 week later
#7552 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Slay better!
(I got Norman Reedus - Daryl - to sign my translight and he added this)

That's really cool.

#7555 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think the software could be improved to give more random action when the ball is held at the prison magnet. There's nothing worse than playing a kickass game only to have the game throw the ball SDTM. If i brick a shot and drain, that's my fault and I earned it. If i'm playing well, don't stop my groove and kill my ball.

I don't know why Lyman never put a ball save on the prison magnet. All you would need is like a two-second ball save, and it would completely eliminate the issue.

#7557 5 years ago

He didn't want to. He added the magnet pulse if you flip as the ball is being released from the magnet to change the ball direction. This added strategy and some skill to saving the ball instead of just watching it drop and be released again.

I find it hard to believe that Lyman designed it so that a strategically timed pulse of the magnet is required to save the ball, and if he did, I do not agree with this decision. Even if you become adept at timing the pulse, the ball will still go straight down the middle from time to time. You shouldn't be potentially punished for opening the prison. This is a design flaw, IMHO. At the very least, there should be an option in the menu to turn on a short ball save.

#7565 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just the nature of magnets in a game. If the action was more “random” it would still throw it down the middle at some point.

I have no problems with magnets in a game that cause randomness, but something seems fundamentally unfair about a magnet that is positioned directly above the flipper gap that stops the ball dead in its tracks and then releases it without a ball saver.

#7569 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

This whole discussion seems a bit like the movie groundhogs day. I'm sure I've heard it all before. That's not to say that it's not important because it is. And a couple of you complaining are close friends, so I trust that your experience is frustrating. TWD is one of my favorite games in my collection and would be among the last couple to ever leave. But, I would invite each and every one of you to come play my TWD premium and you wouldn't be saying 1 single thing about the prison magnet. I can count on one hand all the times my magnet has thrown the ball STDM when I play. I can't explain it... I've never done anything special to my game. Don't really pay attention to the left to right level or the pitch. Maybe I just got lucky on my initial setup. I really wish I knew what the difference was so everyone could replicate it and have the same experience. Same goes for the pops. I get maybe 1 out of 30-40 that goes down the middle... has to be exiting the pops at just the right speed. And typically when it's coming out at that speed, I realize it's going down the middle, but my reaction time is to late to slap save it. I'm sure better/quicker players could save most of those (even how few they are).

My game is like yours. I really don't have a problem with drains from the prison magnet or the pops. That being said, a lot of people do, and it is something that could be easily rectified with a minor software tweak.

2 weeks later
#7608 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Can someone with a prem/LE measure the depth of the aquarium from the backboard to the edge closest to the player?[quoted image]

It's approximately 2-1/4".

#7634 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I can also hit Tunnel very reliably with the rubber there.

You must be a great player. I can't hit that shot reliably WITHOUT the rubber installed!

1 week later
#7647 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah oddly on mine it never jumps off the right ramp as it is returning down the left side. Only when I really nail it out of a left orbit and into the arena ramp shot. It can fly off maybe a foot or so up the right ramp.

Mine does this as well sometimes on a super fast right orbit/right ramp combo. The ball flies off the ramp and ends up returning to the right flipper via the bicycle girl ramp return. My game is perfectly level at a seven degree slope.

2 months later
#7838 4 years ago

Try adjusting the WW switch first, ie. move the blades apart slightly.

It's not that kind of switch. It's a microswitch.

#7854 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Wasn't the LE $8600 new?

No. They weren't nearly that much. I believe I paid $7,400 for mine.

3 weeks later
#7918 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was actually able to finally get the weight off. I adjusted it to 180 degrees.. it makes like no shaking at all.. so now I gotta take it out again and do 90 degrees.. I think that will fix my shaking motor issues.

What brand shaker motor do you have, and what issues are you experiencing with it? It makes sense that you would feel very little shaking with the weights set at 180 degrees, since they are essentially cancelling each other out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
253 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gweempose. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/1?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.