IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 236.
#9901 2 years ago

I like the Daryl. I was able to find a season 2 bicycle girl figure. Took the grinder to her and made here fit in the void.

Still thinking about lighting her up. Prob a blue lite like the sign above the ramp.

293B8307-56D4-4DA8-9B39-088E32977D78 (resized).jpeg293B8307-56D4-4DA8-9B39-088E32977D78 (resized).jpegC5B45520-8EC3-4F6F-9CD5-7006DFDEB876 (resized).pngC5B45520-8EC3-4F6F-9CD5-7006DFDEB876 (resized).png
#9902 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I thought I'd make the prison look more the part. 1/35 scale razor wire.
[quoted image]

That is cool....I just ordered some for my Pro!

#9903 2 years ago

I am having a strange issue. My CDC light flashes during attract mode and when I test it but when i hit all three drop targets it doesn’t flash like the other modes. I don’t have the newest code I have 1.56. Any ideas?

#9904 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am having a strange issue. My CDC light flashes during attract mode and when I test it but when i hit all three drop targets it doesn’t flash like the other modes. I don’t have the newest code I have 1.56. Any ideas?

Did you check individual lamps in the test mode?

#9905 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Did you check individual lamps in the test mode?

I did and it flashed.

#9906 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I don’t have the newest code I have 1.56. Any ideas?

Update to the latest code. v1.60 release notes say: - - Changed background lamp effect priorities so more important lamps
could be seen (i.e. CDC lamps over PRISON lamps).

#9907 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Update to the latest code. v1.60 release notes say: - - Changed background lamp effect priorities so more important lamps
could be seen (i.e. CDC lamps over PRISON lamps).

Thanks. I didn’t think to look at the last code patch notes.

#9908 2 years ago

Just got an awesome pro. The drops on this are much "brickier" than the one I'm used to playing if there's any recommendations. Also, it came with LEDs, right? I've got some massive bleed from the prison left target to the multi kill on the riot shot and a few other places.

When I got it, it would not update. No boot when dip 8 was set to on, and it would not reset from the update menu if started with dip 8 off and go through utilties - > USB - > update. I had Matt from Matt's basement arcade load me up a new u9 boot flash ROM and it worked like a champ. Dude had it to me in just over 24 hours too (YMMV with USPS, we both live in VA).

#9909 2 years ago

Well I updated my machine and I am still having the same issue with my CDC flasher. It flashes while being tested and in attract mode but not when I unlock mode select in game. What do y’all think?

#9910 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Well I updated my machine and I am still having the same issue with my CDC flasher. It flashes while being tested and in attract mode but not when I unlock mode select in game. What do y’all think?

In individual lamp test, CDC is the only one flashing, are any other inserts flashing?

#9911 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

In individual lamp test, CDC is the only one flashing, are any other inserts flashing?

I think they wired it wrong. When in test mode the left loop multi kill lamp lights on the cdc and the cdc lights on the l loop multi kill lamp. I think they got swapped. Do I just switch them out?

#9912 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I think they wired it wrong. When in test mode the left loop multi kill lamp lights on the cdc and the cdc lights on the l loop multi kill lamp. I think they got swapped. Do I just switch them out?

Yes.

#9913 2 years ago

thank you sir. I will give that a shot.

#9914 2 years ago

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows what type of coil stop to order for the single drop target (Woodbury) on the Prem/LE? Mine fires indiscriminately. No bueno.

Would love to replace this and surprise my wife, as we've had it disabled for many years now. Would feel like a new game if it worked properly.

Cheers from Canada,

Winston

#9915 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Installed all 4 this week. TWD,Met,Mustang and GoT. 3D printed box to block light and dust. Just noticed flash. My bad
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here is the actual print of the colordmd gasket stl file for those people wondering. From post #9754
BD778FF2-1533-47A0-9AEB-448DC4A9748B (resized).jpegBD778FF2-1533-47A0-9AEB-448DC4A9748B (resized).jpeg

#9916 2 years ago

Thanks everyone. I switched the bulbs and all is good now. I know it was a small fix but this is why I look at Pinside.

#9917 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Here is the actual print of the colordmd gasket stl file for those people wondering. From post #9754
[quoted image]

Here are a couple of pics of the 3D printed colordmd gasket when installed. It’s a tight seal and an easy install.

8B0098A2-EA06-4B87-B725-33BF29030E66 (resized).jpeg8B0098A2-EA06-4B87-B725-33BF29030E66 (resized).jpeg49070712-AC9E-4100-9C37-05EF265E0DD4 (resized).jpeg49070712-AC9E-4100-9C37-05EF265E0DD4 (resized).jpeg
#9918 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Here are a couple of pics of the 3D printed colordmd gasket when installed. It’s a tight seal and an easy install.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like how you did the Hex Standoffs.

#9919 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Here are a couple of pics of the 3D printed colordmd gasket when installed. It’s a tight seal and an easy install.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Maybe add a nut under the standoff to lock it off.

#9920 2 years ago

Was thinking of picking up a Walking Dead. What are your thoughts on a Pro versus the Premium? Is it worth the extra $$? Thanks for the help!

#9921 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Was thinking of picking up a Walking Dead. What are your thoughts on a Pro versus the Premium? Is it worth the extra $$? Thanks for the help!

I had the LE at one point and I just recently bought a Pro because I really missed the fun shots, the dmd animations and the rules of the pin. Here are my thoughts, but I may be in the minority.

The bicycle girl ramp on my LE never worked right. Granted, I was one of the very early buyers and they may have fixed the issue, but initially I had a real difficult time hitting that left ramp. On mine, the ramp would slam down and it caused (2) small scratches on the playfield. I know Borg fixed the issue when he made The Munsters and the Spot shot, because now it's designed better and is buttery smooth and fun as hell to hit that shot. I bought a flap fix for the ramp later on and it did seem to help with the problem though.

The fish tank in the back right corner of the pin is really cool, but you can get a mod to make it look just as good. As one pinsider said, there's TWD season 3 or 4 collectors edition that has the heads in the fish tank and I just put it back there and it looks really good.

The crossbow and the drop target in front of the Woodbury shot wasn't really missed (at least not for me) and in both versions I dare say the Woodbury shot is my favorite shot in the game. Again, my crossbow sometimes wouldn't load the ball right, so maybe my decision would have changed if the crossbow and the Bicycle girl ramp was worked out. On the pro, you can still play the crossbow shot without the moving crossbow on the Premium/LE version. Now, you have to hit the shots using the flippers and not the crossbow mechanism. I don't even miss the magnet in front of the well walker to be honest with you.

With all that being said, the one thing I really missed from the premium/LE version is the GI lighting and I'm not much on lighting effects. When you get the "Beware the Horde" mini-wizard mode, the GI lights start pulsating red and the sound of a heavy heart beat helps intensify the effect. I haven't hit that mode yet on my pro, but I know I going to really miss the lighting effects on that shot and the last thing I thought before I sold my LE was how much I'm going to miss the feeling of getting that mode. I'm no pinball wizard so I haven't hit very many of these modes, but I can't think of any other one that beats this one. The walker bomb on the Premium/LE is really cool, but it's not a game changer.

That being said, I really like my Pro and was worth the purchase for me. I'm in the middle of putting some cool mods on it as well, so good luck on your decision. IF you're able to play the premium before purchasing and those (2) shots I was telling you about seem to work fine, then go with the premium if money is no object. But you won't miss out much on getting the pro version.

#9922 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I've mentally put a $1,000 - $1,500 (CDN) price in my mind where the move to Premium is worth it to me... I've spent time on the Premium/LE TWD and owned a Pro for over a year...

I like the spinners, Woodbury drop and lightshow a lot on the Premium. The extra magnet and Crossbow though not so much, both of those are flow killers. TWD is non-stop action on the pro short of the prison magnet... I don't like the slow down that the crossbow and well walker magnet add personally.

I'd like another TWD in the future and if there were two available and the Premium was $1,000 - $1,500 more, I'd buy the premium. I also prefer the green side art on the premium over the red on the pro.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

#9923 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I had the LE at one point and I just recently bought a Pro because I really missed the fun shots, the dmd animations and the rules of the pin. Here are my thoughts, but I may be in the minority.
The bicycle girl ramp on my LE never worked right. Granted, I was one of the very early buyers and they may have fixed the issue, but initially I had a real difficult time hitting that left ramp. On mine, the ramp would slam down and it caused (2) small scratches on the playfield. I know Borg fixed the issue when he made The Munsters and the Spot shot, because now it's designed better and is buttery smooth and fun as hell to hit that shot. I bought a flap fix for the ramp later on and it did seem to help with the problem though.
The fish tank in the back right corner of the pin is really cool, but you can get a mod to make it look just as good. As one pinsider said, there's TWD season 3 or 4 collectors edition that has the heads in the fish tank and I just put it back there and it looks really good.
The crossbow and the drop target in front of the Woodbury shot wasn't really missed (at least not for me) and in both versions I dare say the Woodbury shot is my favorite shot in the game. Again, my crossbow sometimes wouldn't load the ball right, so maybe my decision would have changed if the crossbow and the Bicycle girl ramp was worked out. On the pro, you can still play the crossbow shot without the moving crossbow on the Premium/LE version. Now, you have to hit the shots using the flippers and not the crossbow mechanism. I don't even miss the magnet in front of the well walker to be honest with you.
With all that being said, the one thing I really missed from the premium/LE version is the GI lighting and I'm not much on lighting effects. When you get the "Beware the Horde" mini-wizard mode, the GI lights start pulsating red and the sound of a heavy heart beat helps intensify the effect. I haven't hit that mode yet on my pro, but I know I going to really miss the lighting effects on that shot and the last thing I thought before I sold my LE was how much I'm going to miss the feeling of getting that mode. I'm no pinball wizard so I haven't hit very many of these modes, but I can't think of any other one that beats this one. The walker bomb on the Premium/LE is really cool, but it's not a game changer.
That being said, I really like my Pro and was worth the purchase for me. I'm in the middle of putting some cool mods on it as well, so good luck on your decision. IF you're able to play the premium before purchasing and those (2) shots I was telling you about seem to work fine, then go with the premium if money is no object. But you won't miss out much on getting the pro version.

Thanks for feedback. I wasn't aware of the difference in better lighting. This is one of the main reasons I went with the Metallica Premium versus the Pro. Thanks to everyone that replied.

#9924 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for feedback. I wasn't aware of the difference in better lighting. This is one of the main reasons I went with the Metallica Premium versus the Pro. Thanks to everyone that replied.

When I bought my Premium, I was really worried about the bicycle girl ramp being a problem. I have played quite a bit on a pro and the ramps are the best part of it, smooth and fast. But I am glad I ended up with the premium since the ramps on mine work well. In fact, I love shooting for bicycle girl now.

#9925 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

What ramp flap fix did you use? There's a thread about one, but then it seemed that the person took the money and ran. I had divots in my playfield from the BG ramp so I added a Cliffy playfield protector and now the ramp isn't nearly as smooth. It seems like the Cliffy made it slightly steeper and I think a flap extention would help it out. Thanks.

#9926 2 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

What ramp flap fix did you use? There's a thread about one, but then it seemed that the person took the money and ran. I had divots in my playfield from the BG ramp so I added a Cliffy playfield protector and now the ramp isn't nearly as smooth. It seems like the Cliffy made it slightly steeper and I think a flap extention would help it out. Thanks.

It was a small metal flap that a Pinsider made back in the early days of TWD release. Wasn’t much and, if I recall right, it just was attached to the bottom of the ramp and it was stuck on there by some type of adhesive. It did make the ramp shot a little bit better, but the flap did extend out and cover some of the playfield art. However, I can’t recall who made it and even if he is on Pinside anymore. It didn’t cost much though.

I added Mylar around the bottom of the ramp where the ramp would slam down, but not until after I noticed the small scratches on the playfield.

#9927 2 years ago

Just got a sweet Jersey to wear while playing one of the best games.

AE3F42B6-1374-4E8A-8AD0-AC040DAA9695 (resized).jpegAE3F42B6-1374-4E8A-8AD0-AC040DAA9695 (resized).jpeg
#9928 2 years ago

TWD was the first NIB that purchased.
I haven't played it for at least a year or so .
Maybe more...

It still kicks my ass...

20210404_004722 (resized).jpg20210404_004722 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9929 2 years ago

Does my playfield look especially dirty? I know the playfield is supposed to "appear" dirty but someone mentioned this needs to be cleaned. I was told it was cleaned prior to my purchase last month but not sure what that actually means of course. I can take more pictures of other areas if that helps too.

This started when I realized the bottom star rollover isn't working and I had posted a picture somewhere else about that. They think it's due to the machine being dirty but I was told the switch was bad so I'm going to assume that's the case. I haven't tried a switch test underneath the playfield yet but am going to try that next. Still trying to diagnose that but have shifted my focus to the playfield condition now.

IMG_7849 (resized).jpgIMG_7849 (resized).jpgIMG_7850 (resized).jpgIMG_7850 (resized).jpg

#9930 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

Does my playfield look especially dirty? I know the playfield is supposed to "appear" dirty but someone mentioned this needs to be cleaned. I was told it was cleaned prior to my purchase last month but not sure what that actually means of course. I can take more pictures of other areas if that helps too.
This started when I realized the bottom star rollover isn't working and I had posted a picture somewhere else about that. They think it's due to the machine being dirty but I was told the switch was bad so I'm going to assume that's the case. I haven't tried a switch test underneath the playfield yet but am going to try that next. Still trying to diagnose that but have shifted my focus to the playfield condition now.

Dude, that's a total dirt trail. Thick enough that it appears never to have been cleaned. Only way to tell is to go at it with some naptha and then Novus 2. I believe you will find that it is filthy. I'm overhauling a Baywatch right now and here is a before and after photo of the top inlanes.

Before cleaning, notice the same black ball trails:
IMG_9931 (resized).jpegIMG_9931 (resized).jpeg

And after cleaning, first with naptha and then Novus 2:
IMG_9932 (resized).jpegIMG_9932 (resized).jpeg

#9931 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Dude, that's a total dirt trail. Thick enough that it appears never to have been cleaned. Only way to tell is to go at it with some naptha and then Novus 2. I believe you will find that it is filthy. I'm overhauling a Baywatch right now and here is a before and after photo of the top inlanes.
Before cleaning, notice the same black ball trails:
[quoted image]
And after cleaning, first with naptha and then Novus 2:
[quoted image]

Thanks. A few questions...

1) Does the brand of NAPTHA matter?

2) I've seen some mention using a vacuum with a brush attachment before the NAPTHA/Microfiber step. Should I or no?

3) I do circular motions when applying the NAPTHA and NOVUS 2 on the machine right?

4) Anything else I'm missing so I don't ruin the surface especially with the NOVUS 2 since it's abrasive?

#9932 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

1) Does the brand of NAPTHA matter?

I don't think it matters - whatever the closest hardware or paint store has. I keep mine in a handy pump dispenser thingy:

https://www.amazon.com/35282-Stainless-Dispenser-durAstatic-Polyethylene/dp/B00DWI9RBA/ref=sr_1_8

Quoted from jvivlemore:

2) I've seen some mention using a vacuum with a brush attachment before the NAPTHA/Microfiber step. Should I or no?

Can't hurt. get up the loose bits before digging through the caked on stuff.

Quoted from jvivlemore:

3) I do circular motions when applying the NAPTHA and NOVUS 2 on the machine right?

I try and keep it circular with light to moderate pressure. Better to go at it a few times moderately than try to get it all in one heavy scrubbing. I use one finger in a microfiber cloth and move to a clean part of the cloth when it gets dirty. The naptha will remove old wax and cleaners but won't remove much of the caked on stuff, that's where the Novus 2 comes in. Here is the cloth I used to clean that section of Baywatch last night:

IMG_9934 (resized).jpgIMG_9934 (resized).jpg

Quoted from jvivlemore:

4) Anything else I'm missing so I don't ruin the surface especially with the NOVUS 2 since it's abrasive?

I use Novus 2 and ever seen it create visible scratches on a playfield or plastics, only pure shine. Novus 3 will for sure and I RARELY if ever use it. If you gently squeeze the Novus onto the dirt, spread it around, and lit it sit for 5-10 seconds it will start to eat through the dirt and make it easier to come up.

Also, Novus 1 on a Q-Tip (or cotton bud for the aussies) to clean the underside of inserts - squirt a little into the cap and use it to dip the Qtip in. One end of the Qtip with Novus 1 to wipe clean, the other side to dry and buff. Repeat as necessary.

I don't want to turn this into a 'how to clean your pin' thread. I'm doing my version of what I read about in Vid's thead as well as watching Nick from Buffalo Pinball on YouTube.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

#9933 2 years ago

Selling my Pinball Refinery Edition TWD Premium. Original owner - HUO - excellent condition and LOADED with upgrades!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-walking-dead-premium-pinball-refinery-ed#post-6221860

Gameplay video demo:

Nowhere nearly my best game, but it's not too long and you'll get the point!

#9934 2 years ago

Where is everyone buying their replacement balls for TWD? I don’t want to buy bad quality replacements.

#9935 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

Where is everyone buying their replacement balls for TWD? I don’t want to buy bad quality replacements.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

Get these. Not super shiny. The standard shiny ones will not have issues with games with magnets.

#9936 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

ballbaron.com

#9937 2 years ago

I’m excited to possibly be joining the club with a Pro. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll keep looking. I wanted to buy it new when it came out (2014), but my wife hated it. Fortunately she’s mellowed over the years, she doesn’t care now.

I can’t wait to explore Lyman’s rule set. If it’s as good as his work on Metallica, I know I’m gonna love it.

#9938 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

...when I realized the bottom star rollover isn't working and I had posted a picture somewhere else about that. They think it's due to the machine being dirty but I was told the switch was bad so I'm going to assume that's the case. I haven't tried a switch test underneath the playfield yet but am going to try that next. Still trying to diagnose that but have shifted my focus to the playfield condition now.

It's an opto sensor, not a mechanical switch, I had a bad one, doesn't cost much to replace. Wouldn't hurt to clean the emitter and receiver diodes first tho.

#9939 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m excited to possibly be joining the club with a Pro. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll keep looking. I wanted to buy it new when it came out (2014), but my wife hated it. Fortunately she’s mellowed over the years, she doesn’t care now.
I can’t wait to explore Lyman’s rule set. If it’s as good as his work on Metallica, I know I’m gonna love it.

If you love Metallica, then this will blow your mind. IMO, it's Lyman's best to date (and that is saying something, as he worked his magic on Batman 66 and is doing the same on Elvira HoH).

#9940 2 years ago

Guys, just ordered a NIB premium, excited to get it, love the theme. Can anyone point me in the direction to the Cleland code? I just ordered the speaker lights, considering PinWoofer’s as I have them on some other pins. Any must have premium mods?

#9941 2 years ago

ColorDMD is the only must have mod.

Quoted from Reefkeep:

Guys, just ordered a NIB premium, excited to get it, love the theme. Can anyone point me in the direction to the Cleland code? I just ordered the speaker lights, considering PinWoofer’s as I have them on some other pins. Any must have premium mods?

#9942 2 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

...Can anyone point me in the direction to the Cleland code?...

Just a heads up, the code is not family friendly. I even warn adults when they play the pin for the first time.

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Just a heads up, the code is not family friendly. I even warn adults when they play the pin for the first time.

You'd be full time explaining Rob Zombie then.

#9944 2 years ago

Now I’m really interested is getting the code.

#9945 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ColorDMD is the only must have mod.

LCD right?

#9946 2 years ago

yeah, LCD. I couldn't believe how good the animations look after being convinced to get one a few pages back.

Sensational upgrade!

#9947 2 years ago

Yes, for TWD lcd is the way to go and set it in hires.

#9948 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yes, for TWD lcd is the way to go and set it in hires.

What does “ set it in hires” mean?

#9949 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

What does “ set it in hires” mean?

Hi Res mode

I prefer XL Dots myself (FWIW)

#9950 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hi Res mode
I prefer XL Dots myself (FWIW)

Ha!! I prefer hires on most games but never put that together that it meant hi-res lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.