R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 236.
#9801 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

The straightedge is resting against the post base at the ramp and the metal post at the exit of the shooter lane.

You’re not getting a good idea of the interference measuring that way. The widest part of a pinball is 0.531” above the surface of the playfield.

#9802 3 years ago

I put a flipper rubber on mine just like that. I didn't notice any difference in making the shot.

#9803 3 years ago

You can also try a cliffy post sleeve . They are a little wider than the stern one and I've had great success on my game. I only tried this as I wanted to put a red coloured sleeve there and the bicycle ramp

#9804 3 years ago

I am hoping to join the club soon. I have been eying a pro model and I am about to pull the trigger.

#9805 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am hoping to join the club soon. I have been eying a pro model and I am about to pull the trigger.

Better hurry before some walker gets it.

#9806 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

If you like challenging, short games, you will love TWD. I think it is one of VERY few Sterns (AC/DC being the only other one) where the upgrade to the premium/LE is worth it, though, if you can find one of those instead.

#9807 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

If you like challenging, short games, you will love TWD. I think it is one of VERY few Sterns (AC/DC being the only other one) where the upgrade to the premium/LE is worth it, though, if you can find one of those instead.

the premium does look nice but not easy to find in my area. I think the pro will do just fine. My TMNT is challenging and fast so I am not afraid of the difficulty. I am not a great player, probably average at best but I am digging this machine.

#9808 3 years ago

Never played a premium but i like my pro. Played an ACDC premium, but wasn't impressed. i just couldn't get my shots dialed in, it was here for a month on rental too.

#9809 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

the premium does look nice but not easy to find in my area. I think the pro will do just fine. My TMNT is challenging and fast so I am not afraid of the difficulty. I am not a great player, probably average at best but I am digging this machine.

The pro is a great choice. The crossbow is a cool mech, but slows down game play... the extra magnet on the well walker also slows down game play... so if you like things to keep moving like I do, the pro is the way to go... I do miss the drop down and spinners mind you, the lift ramp on the bicycle girl ramp does change the game play quite a bit for that mode, you can pick up a multi-kill weapon pretty easily during bicycle girl on the pro, the bash toy ads a lot more randomness to it by not returning the ball to your flipper nicely after each hit.

#9810 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I have a TMNT as well and while it and TWD are by the same designer, they're very different, but equally difficult. I've owned 2 TWD pros over the years and the pro is great as well, I just really enjoy the added difficulty of the well walker magnet and the placement of the lifting ramp reminds me of the lifting ramp on Pinbot/Jackbot (JB being a longtime favorite/keeper of mine as well). The CDC ramp does shoot smoother on the pro and I like the red/black/white color scheme of the Pro better than the premium or LE for that matter.

Hope you enjoy your new game!

#9811 3 years ago

In an attempt to pay it forward I am offering For FREE the original three apron decals (still very usable although in pieces), the shooter lane decal (“Survive”) two yellow pricing cards and three jet bumper plastics in the picture. Not the apron though, I gotta draw the line somewhere.

I will offer these until March 10th, then the decals get tossed.

886CF4AF-8BA3-4BCF-8A05-EDEFB4D2BE0B (resized).jpeg886CF4AF-8BA3-4BCF-8A05-EDEFB4D2BE0B (resized).jpeg
B5595298-347D-4AB0-A3B3-AB0E2CFE264E (resized).jpegB5595298-347D-4AB0-A3B3-AB0E2CFE264E (resized).jpeg

Added over 3 years ago:

Claimed.

#9812 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I would really try to be patient and wait for a premium/LE to pop up. The addition of "walker bombs" adds an entirely different element to this game and make the upgrade worth it, its a different strategy that adds more to the game. The crossbow and well walker magnet don't really slow down this game at all. Its fantastic.

#9813 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I would really try to be patient and wait for a premium/LE to pop up. The addition of "walker bombs" adds an entirely different element to this game and make the upgrade worth it, its a different strategy that adds more to the game. The crossbow and well walker magnet don't really slow down this game at all. Its fantastic.

How do they not slow the game down? The ball is quite literally not moving while it goes through the motions of either loading and aiming and firing the cross bow or sitting on a magnet waiting for an animation to complete enough before you can cancel it. The cross bow is a cool mech but it slows the flow of the game down dramatically... for me at least.

Good call on the Walker bombs... always forget about those.

#9814 3 years ago

Don’t forget on the premium\LE the lighting is also different and adds to the atmosphere and experience.
Lucky to have an LE here with ‘the crate’ mod’

#9815 3 years ago

Yeah the walker bombs and the lighting is what puts the TWD premium over the top.

#9816 3 years ago

Would the Pinstadiums help with the pros light show? I would think they would pick up some of the slack from not having the RGB.

#9817 3 years ago

Not really. They just follow the lights that are in the game. Premiums lights are coded differently.

#9818 3 years ago

I would love to go Premium if I could but I think I am going to trade my Judge Dredd for a pro that is in my area. Not much to choose from in West Texas.

#9820 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I would love to go Premium if I could but I think I am going to trade my Judge Dredd for a pro that is in my area. Not much to choose from in West Texas.

I’m happy with our recently acquired Pro model and at a much lower price point.

I made a set of playfield lights and changed out all of the factory led bulbs (GI and inserts) based on what I saw on tahitiansea’s recently sold TWD machine and his youtube videos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/108745

#9821 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Would the Pinstadiums help with the pros light show? I would think they would pick up some of the slack from not having the RGB.

if you want cool lighting effects in the pro get a professor pinball pinduino setup , with led strips in the trough and backboard , strips in channels on the side rails or on the sides of the ramps the possibilities are vast

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/178#post-5558300

#9823 3 years ago

is this the cool place where all the zombie killers hang out? Just got my pro and glad to be here.

#9824 3 years ago

I got offered a TWD pro for what seems like a fair price based on recent sales, and I was thinking about taking a look. Having never owned the game I’m wondering if anyone can tell me what to look out for when checking it out. Any particular areas of concern on the playfield? The pics make it look pretty nice but the history of the machine isn’t well known by the seller so that gives me some pause

0C3F5DBA-2914-40C5-B040-83FB1C9D7B45 (resized).jpeg0C3F5DBA-2914-40C5-B040-83FB1C9D7B45 (resized).jpeg4927532D-ECE8-46D2-B48C-BCA1786D518E (resized).jpeg4927532D-ECE8-46D2-B48C-BCA1786D518E (resized).jpeg4F9D6C97-765C-4BAC-B78B-8585DE4D05FE (resized).jpeg4F9D6C97-765C-4BAC-B78B-8585DE4D05FE (resized).jpeg656EC61C-0D98-409C-805C-799C0CB45BDD (resized).jpeg656EC61C-0D98-409C-805C-799C0CB45BDD (resized).jpegACFCC8BD-349C-4D0E-9F8B-C133365791E8 (resized).jpegACFCC8BD-349C-4D0E-9F8B-C133365791E8 (resized).jpegC14C723C-AA0F-4308-8061-59E367C7226B (resized).jpegC14C723C-AA0F-4308-8061-59E367C7226B (resized).jpegE9AF169B-EBA5-4E52-8D0E-369586F1EDF9 (resized).jpegE9AF169B-EBA5-4E52-8D0E-369586F1EDF9 (resized).jpegF900FDED-908B-48AA-9C49-79EF7FF1A462 (resized).jpegF900FDED-908B-48AA-9C49-79EF7FF1A462 (resized).jpegFDFD579A-CB87-4DEF-9CBE-70ECB775F7E2 (resized).jpegFDFD579A-CB87-4DEF-9CBE-70ECB775F7E2 (resized).jpeg
#9825 3 years ago

Twd has no specific weak spot besides the usual checking of the mechanisms as far as I know. Just make sure the prison doors open and close OK and zombie head register the hits.

Pictures look fine as far as I can tell.

#9826 3 years ago

Mine had a couple of broken plastics that weren’t disclosed by the seller that I missed in inspection... they’re not broken on yours so that’s a good sign.

#9827 3 years ago

Mlenow, this machine looks good. I'm no expert, but it's worth a test-play for sure. Here are three ideas I have for you to inspect further:

1. When you hit the prison doors, make sure the magnet holds the ball for a wee bit. If it doesn't, it's just a fuse to change out (F7) if memory serves, but that's the first tech issue I encountered when I bought mine in 2016;

2. Does the Well Walker register 'phantom' hits? If so, the switch underneath needs adjusting. Not a major issue, but something to know about, and might help you negotiate a hundred bucks off the sale price; and

3. You could also ensure the drop targets work and reset properly.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. Fun game. I'm in year five of owning it and have come nowhere close to Last Man Standing or Terminus. I make 'Horde' about once a year.

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#9828 3 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Mlenow, this machine looks good. I'm no expert, but it's worth a test-play for sure. Here are three ideas I have for you to inspect further:
1. When you hit the prison doors, make sure the magnet holds the ball for a wee bit. If it doesn't, it's just a fuse to change out (F7) if memory serves, but that's the first tech issue I encountered when I bought mine in 2016;
2. Does the Well Walker register 'phantom' hits? If so, the switch underneath needs adjusting. Not a major issue, but something to know about, and might help you negotiate a hundred bucks off the sale price; and
3. You could also ensure the drop targets work and reset properly.
I hope this is somewhat helpful. Fun game. I'm in year five of owning it and have come nowhere close to Last Man Standing or Terminus. I make 'Horde' about once a year.
Cheers from Canada,
Winston.

Very much appreciate the advice. Unfortunately someone was able to snatch it up before I was able to get a look

#9829 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

You can also try a cliffy post sleeve . They are a little wider than the stern one and I've had great success on my game. I only tried this as I wanted to put a red coloured sleeve there and the bicycle ramp

Just replace the post sleeve with one of the fatter bally/Williams sleeves & your problem is over

16148379270994020462191289782327 (resized).jpg16148379270994020462191289782327 (resized).jpg
#9830 3 years ago

Does anyone have the cleland code i had it on my other machine and sold it just got another one and it doesnt have it

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Does anyone have the cleland code i had it on my other machine and sold it just got another one and it doesnt have it

I believe the dropbox link in this thread is still active...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-most-recent-cleland-twd-code#post-4867687

#9832 3 years ago

I forgot is there a certain way to put it on the usb

#9833 3 years ago

Is it just like updating a color dmd

#9834 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Is it just like updating a color dmd

Its just like updating code on all sterns. Just download and transfer to a USB file, plug it in and you're good to go.

#9835 3 years ago

Hey guys just an update that may help someone. I tried all the fixes for the xbow and had only short term success. Basically the Xbow would slightly move off home and then fail. I changed a diode on the top switch and got my best result but again maybe 30 good fires then it became unstable again.

Well I got sick of it and still thought it was a faulty switch issue and so changed both switches at the same time with new. 3 months down the track and not one fail in hundreds of loads. My conclusion is a flakey switch and my guess is more than likely the top xbow loaded switch.

#9836 3 years ago

When updating cleland code do I have to flip the dip switch and hit the button or just put it in

#9837 3 years ago

I got it

#9838 3 years ago

Finally found my grail LE, it has the original speech and I have to say it is so much better than I remember. Does anyone know what the red light means located halfway down the CDC ramp?

#9839 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Finally found my grail LE, it has the original speech and I have to say it is so much better than I remember. Does anyone know what the red light means located halfway down the CDC ramp?

I have a pro but think this is Bicycle girl ready?

And congrats. Twd is a great pin. Already thought several times about upgrading to a LE or premium but my pro already gives plenty of fun and is smooth as butter so its hard to justify the extra couple of thousands for me.

#9840 3 years ago

I am looking for some silicone color suggestions. If anyone has some pics that would be helpful.

#9841 3 years ago

I'm part of the TWD Owner's Club now (and it's my first pin too). Took a road trip and picked it up yesterday. Now for mods

IMG_7217 (resized).jpgIMG_7217 (resized).jpgIMG_7232 (resized).jpgIMG_7232 (resized).jpgIMG_7242 (resized).jpgIMG_7242 (resized).jpg
#9842 3 years ago

First mod = good glass. Spend the dosh on a sheet of invisi/vampire glass.

#9843 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

I'm part of the TWD Owner's Club now (and it's my first pin too). Took a road trip and picked it up yesterday. Now for mods
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you ever move another pin I would take the legs off first. Your lucky you didn’t have to do a hard brake, you could have snapped a leg or two off.

It’s a great pin enjoy.

#9844 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

If you ever move another pin I would take the legs off first. Your lucky you didn’t have to do a hard brake, you could have snapped a leg or two off.
It’s a great pin enjoy.

I've had two machines shipped cross country with the legs on - I've read that's standard procedure.

#9845 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did your Pro come from Texas?

#9846 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Did your Pro come from Texas?

Arkansas.

#9847 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've had two machines shipped cross country with the legs on - I've read that's standard procedure.

It’s not recommended by Stern to transport that way and you have 250lbs on four legs that were not cross supported. Every time you break you will be putting pressure on the corner of the cabinet.

#9848 3 years ago

Last mod. Expensive glass. Haha

First mod. Color dmd.

Next mod, Pinwoofer speaker setup.

Next mod speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com

Then, enjoy.

#9849 3 years ago

Thanks @2manyhobbies. I didn't know that but will keep in mind for the future for sure. It was a 3.5 hour drive but 95% highway and I drove like an egg was in the back. I had each strap under the bottom section on the log where it meets the underside of the pin at each corner then the two straps making an x pattern across the top. It never moved an inch during the entire drive. I stopped 5 times to look paranoid as you can imagine.

chuckwurt Recommend any specific retailers for those parts? Who are the go to parts suppliers? I need to find cleaning supplies too.

#9850 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

Thanks 2manyhobbies. I didn't know that but will keep in mind for the future for sure. It was a 3.5 hour drive but 95% highway and I drove like an egg was in the back. I had each strap under the bottom section on the log where it meets the underside of the pin at each corner then the two straps making an x pattern across the top. It never moved an inch during the entire drive. I stopped 5 times to look paranoid as you can imagine.
chuckwurt Recommend any specific retailers for those parts? Who are the go to parts suppliers? I need to find cleaning supplies too.

Just go to their respective websites and buy direct.

All the common parts and cleaning supplies are are places like

Pinball life
Marco specialties
Pinball resource
Titan pinball
Comet LEDs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/197?hl=scott8806 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.