R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 236.
#9701 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Kim Keist made it.

You are correct as I just discovered. Kimballspinball is an outstanding company.

#9702 3 years ago

Never let it be said i don't take good advice.

pb104 (resized).jpgpb104 (resized).jpg

#9703 3 years ago

Having an issue with the install on my pro.

If i put the dmd on the bottom most hole the panel fits back in fine, but the display is too high up to read. if i put it in on the hole above the display shows correctly but the panel will not reinstall as the bracket sits in a recess and the screen is wider and it won't sit down.

Do i have to tune the screen to display differently or something?

Here it's slotted down and won't fit in the machine, but displaying correctly.

pb105 (resized).jpgpb105 (resized).jpg

Here it's sitting up further and fits in the machine fine but the display is an inch too high.
Assuming i have to change one of the settings in the menu to a different display size or something. The instructions are pretty generalized and a bit sketchy.

pb105 (resized).jpgpb105 (resized).jpg

pb107 (resized).jpgpb107 (resized).jpg

pb106 (resized).jpgpb106 (resized).jpg
#9704 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

If i put the dmd on the bottom most hole the panel fits back in fine, but the display is too high up to read. if i put it in on the hole above the display shows correctly but the panel will not reinstall as the bracket sits in a recess and the screen is wider and it won't sit down.
[quoted image]

Yes, just install the screen where it fits. Did you get the extra set up for metal back box? You can adjust the screen up or down in the setting. When I installed mine I bought the extra mounts and foam ring for the metal back box.

#9705 3 years ago

#9706 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Did you follow instruction? https://www.colordmd.com/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20SAM%20Rev3.PDF

You have to tune the screen to adjust the display area.

Locate and press the right-most ColorDMD Menu button (See Fig. F)
to customize the display settings. Continue pressing the button to
advance to the "MOUNTING" menu. Next use the Toggle Selection Up
button to change the setting to "SAM".

Also TWD is a Sam system and they need special bracket "Games with metal speaker panels require an additional (not included) clear shield and hex standoffs available from our store site."

#9707 3 years ago

FUCK! the fucking store wouldn't let my paypal process for hours and i had to contact Randy, i had the standoffs and brackets in my cart the first time and fucking had to redo the cart and must have missed the fucking things the second time.

What a shit system that sells something you need separately. Like fuck! So now wait weeks again, pay stupid international freight again for something that should have been in the kit as i had to specify the fucking model i wanted. I have three of the stupid fucking things that don't fucking fit now.

This totally sucks.

Edit; I totally suck. Randy told me to have a better than blokes look and i found the shield under the packing in the box.

Totally me and a fantastic product, i worked out how to lower the display on the screen with the menu buttons. will pull it all to bit's again and install the perspex, should i just get some foam to go between the perspex and the display or not worry?

#9708 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

FUCK! the fucking store wouldn't let my paypal process for hours and i had to contact Randy, i had the standoffs and brackets in my cart the first time and fucking had to redo the cart and must have missed the fucking things the second time.
What a shit system that sells something you need separately. Like fuck! So now wait weeks again, pay stupid international freight again for something that should have been in the kit as i had to specify the fucking model i wanted. I have three of the stupid fucking things that don't fucking fit now.
This totally sucks.
Edit; I totally suck. Randy told me to have a better than blokes look and i found the shield under the packing in the box.
Totally me and a fantastic product, i worked out how to lower the display on the screen with the menu buttons. will pull it all to bit's again and install the perspex, should i just get some foam to go between the perspex and the display or not worry?

Not worry would be my vote... my TWD didn’t have the gasket and it didn’t bother me at all.

#9709 3 years ago

Thanks, so embarrassed about my spray against a fantastic product. It is the best mod i could have made to that machine.

#9710 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, so embarrassed about my spray against a fantastic product. It is the best mod i could have made to that machine.

Dont worry about it. I was frustrated as well. There should be something on their site that says don't forget these items... I had to wait another couple of weeks after my initial purchase to get the extra parts and gasket. Its worth it in the end.

#9711 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This totally sucks.

I would get the foam gasket. It stops the light bleed from the backbox and finishes everything off very nicely.

16104229927253501278239162028089 (resized).jpg16104229927253501278239162028089 (resized).jpg
#9712 3 years ago

Everything else was in the boxes but those. Is that another additional cheap part that is not automatically in the kit but you need to 'finish it off nicely'?

#9713 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Everything else was in the boxes but those. Is that another additional cheap part that is not automatically in the kit but you need to 'finish it off nicely'?

Yes, they are sold separately as some people like them and some do not. Now you are hooked on Color DMD and you know what to order you can get a gasket with your next order!

#9714 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You can use black foam weatherstripping to block any gap.

#9715 3 years ago

Listed my Prem with topper for sale.

#9716 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Listed my Prem with topper for sale.

Machine - For Sale

The Walking Dead Premium W/Topper!!

New!
Featured!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “For Sale is my Walking Dead Premium, Loaded with latest Cleland code. This game sits where it was unboxed. Lots of mods! Please don’t ask to buy topper separately, it goes w...”

1 day ago

Rio Rancho, NM

8,700 (OBO)

Charliew65

you have any spare head decals I can buy?

#9717 3 years ago

If anyone is looking for one, I'm planning to throw this up for sale. Probably for $7500 + shipping if required. Considering what the topper sells for now, if you backed out the price of the topper and the color DMD, you're left with an LE with a bunch of other mods for under $6k.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-walking-dead-le-w-topper-colordmd-ampamp-lots-of-mods

Pretty much the same as it was when I bought it except I restored the factory sounds. I've put around 300 games on it. If there's interest, I'll put up a proper for sale ad with new pics.

#9718 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes, they are sold separately as some people like them and some do not. Now you are hooked on Color DMD and you know what to order you can get a gasket with your next order!

I bought three of them this time, but i only have one machine that needs one so sold the other two at cost. Worked out over $100au cheaper each with the free shipping. i won't be ordering again for a while i hope as there's no machines i need them for. I wouldn't bother doing Hurricane and i have a pin2dmd color to go in Getaway when it goes to the restorers.

#9719 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This totally sucks.

I can relate...
I was cursing color dmd after buying a dmd for another game and having trouble downloading the game specific code to the DMD "WHY THE F DON'T THEY JUST DOWNLOAD THE CODE BEFORE THEY SEND IT TO YOU????!!!!#@#@# .

An hour later of usbing and rewatching the you tube install video 4 or 5 times I got it to work and the world was right again.

#9720 3 years ago

Yeah i had a few problems, including that for some reason my computer won't let me adjust the speaker volume all of a sudden for some reason, so had to really muddle through even though the kind people here were posting links to youtube to help me, i couldn't hear the instructions. It does seem crazy that parts you need are listed seperately, i saw the standoffs and ordered those but have yet so see the seal. Dunno why anyone would NOT want that.

BUT, great product all the same. $700au odd well spent.

#9721 3 years ago

Can't afford a topper but I did Purchased a LCD ColorDMD for TWD today. Plus one for Metallica, GoT and Mustang. And saved some money.

#9722 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Can't afford a topper but I did Purchased a LCD ColorDMD for TWD today. Plus one for Metallica, GoT and Mustang. And saved some money.

Love it, same here bought three spent over a grand, but all i could think of was the $100 i saved by doing so.

#9723 3 years ago

I’m about to update the game code and I am wondering if the Total Plays will zero out or will the Version 1.60 code carry the previous number forward?

E224C0FC-B25E-4D6E-A4DD-7895F22C09B1 (resized).jpegE224C0FC-B25E-4D6E-A4DD-7895F22C09B1 (resized).jpegB74E3735-9019-4D75-8C98-03AFB8AFFF21 (resized).jpegB74E3735-9019-4D75-8C98-03AFB8AFFF21 (resized).jpeg20B35D56-AC3D-4665-B703-0B71924BAB91 (resized).jpeg20B35D56-AC3D-4665-B703-0B71924BAB91 (resized).jpeg

June 2019 seller Total Plays picture

942AD5E7-62F3-43DA-BEAE-D448E9E2E7A9 (resized).jpeg942AD5E7-62F3-43DA-BEAE-D448E9E2E7A9 (resized).jpeg
#9724 3 years ago

It will return to zero.

This is why looking at played games is more or less useless. It doesn’t mean anything in the end, condition is King.

#9725 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It will return to zero.
This is why looking at played games is more or less useless. It doesn’t mean anything in the end, condition is King.

Thanks. Should I use the Stern 1.60 or a different one?

Edit...I loaded up the 1.60 Cleland version mentioned in the post below. Thanks Rensh

#9726 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Thanks. Should I use the Stern 1.60 or a different one?

I prefer the Cleland version with real voices from the series. If you are a walking dead fan this is a must.

But you can try out stern version to see how you like it.

#9727 3 years ago

Folks,
just changed the code on an TWD LE that had Cleland on it and now I've lost all sound - anyone got any idea? Tried downloading the code again and refreshing and still nothing. Putting Cleland back on to see if that makes any difference.

anything else I should be looking at?

Neil

#9728 3 years ago

found the problem, something gone bang big time on the board.

also what's the part number for this plastic part above the ramp?

the-walking-dead-plastic-for-left-bicycle-girl-ramp (resized).jpgthe-walking-dead-plastic-for-left-bicycle-girl-ramp (resized).jpg

#9729 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

Col makes those ramp plastics Neil.

Not had any issues with the Cleland regarding audio.
Did you transfer using verify?

#9730 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Col makes those ramp plastics Neil.
Not had any issues with the Cleland regarding audio.
Did you transfer using verify?

yeah something else happened - think I might have turned the game off and on too quick or something.

#9731 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

I have a few spares from Col, I can post you one of the plastics if you like?
Off and on too quick shouldn’t blow anything should it?

#9732 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I'm always waiting til I count to 15. Don't know if it helps it's just something I do.

#9733 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It’s those darn 5G towers, right NeilMcRae ? I’ll call up some mates and have them set them on fire.

#9734 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

it shouldn't but nothing else done to the game! Col is looking for them now but if he doesn't find them then yes please.

Neil.

#9735 3 years ago

Our slightly modded TWD Pro machine is set up in in a room where the overhead lights are usually kept off to prevent glare. At certain times it seems that all of the playfield GI lights go out and the ball(s) disappears. I’m not sure if this is made more intense by the lighting choices that the previous owner made. There are three different flashers under the apron and super bright ones in the backboard of the playfield.

What suggestions do you have to improve ball visibility? Add-on lighting strips or perhaps different color GI and inserts rather than the white led’s that are currently installed?
Pic taken during shop outPic taken during shop out

#9736 3 years ago

flashers in the apron and backboard? maybe post a pic of what is there

the only time I can recall the gi is off is during crossbow mode. and it is a cool effect but yes on the dark side if playing in a dark room , you could put an led strip in the trough or wherever else you would like to illuminate wired to a non gi source like the coin door to give some constant lighting

#9737 3 years ago

Here are a few pics of the three 6 SMD lighting pad leds under the apron and the faceted bulbs in the backboard.

276825D9-78E1-4E4D-9165-CB08F8970A3B (resized).jpeg276825D9-78E1-4E4D-9165-CB08F8970A3B (resized).jpeg

3B12D9AB-9716-4F5C-8F14-136A8781B994 (resized).jpeg3B12D9AB-9716-4F5C-8F14-136A8781B994 (resized).jpeg7D90DE9D-D3C2-4661-B5ED-0C97865C9566 (resized).jpeg7D90DE9D-D3C2-4661-B5ED-0C97865C9566 (resized).jpeg13096EC3-0D25-4EE0-98BF-740B145F51E1 (resized).jpeg13096EC3-0D25-4EE0-98BF-740B145F51E1 (resized).jpeg
#9738 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

At certain times it seems that all of the playfield GI lights go out and the ball(s) disappears.

I love when this happens - makes the game very challenging at times, and adds to its awesomeness. I wouldn't change a thing...

#9739 3 years ago

I see you have a translucent apron so the light pads under the apron make sense , I would probably hook them up to a source so they give a nice glow to the apron all the time but I guess hooked to a flasher could be cool too.

easy enough to try some different bulbs in the backboard. I would think if they are super bright when they go off it will seem even darker until your eyes adjust.

#9740 3 years ago

Are there really people that don't like the foam gasket installed? I know that some people don't have it, but I can't imagine that is because they don't want it in there. I mean....one way looks like it should look and the other way looks like something is missing or messed up. I can see cost, not knowing, not wanting to add it after the install is done or indifference being a factor, but I really can't imagine anyone being opposed to it being in there.

#9741 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Are there really people that don't like the foam gasket installed? I know that some people don't have it, but I can't imagine that is because they don't want it in there. I mean....one way looks like it should look and the other way looks like something is missing or messed up. I can see cost, not knowing, not wanting to add it after the install is done or indifference being a factor, but I really can't imagine anyone being opposed to it being in there.

Yeah, fuck that, i don't want my game looking like it's spossed to have that screen in there and stopping all the dust from settling on my perspex and LCD.

#9742 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yep, we have shown a few people and they have said that they do not want the foam gasket touching the LCD screen as it could cause long term damage. Each to their own, I think this gasket is a must have and thanks to PinMonk for making it happen. Our LCDS work fine and we have them in 2 games with metal backboxes.

#9743 3 years ago

Yep, we have shown a few people and they have said that they do not want the foam gasket touching the LCD screen as it could cause long term damage.

That's worry for nothing. What, are they planning on using the panel in a laptop sometime in the future? It's not garden variety weatherstripping or cheap chinese open cell foam where that *might* maybe possibly be a concern. The foam I use for the colorDMD gaskets is an expensive flame-resistant hybrid like wetsuit material. I recently took off the Game of Thrones gasket I used for initial testing of these years ago. LCD panel was perfect. Gasket had small pressure indentations from the holes and ridges on the sides of the panel but that's it - nothing on the panel.

I do think it's weird the ColorDMD site doesn't have a suggested add-ons bit that offers the standoff kit and the gasket before you check out. Maybe it's a limitation of their site.

#9744 3 years ago

Couple of dollars worth of parts on a 100's of dollars worth of kit? Throw them in and if people don't want to fit them they can choose not to.

Although i spose i'm guilty of it with my own products in places.

#9745 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

When I bought my TWD it had the ColorDMD already installed without a gasket, I did not miss it, therefor did not add it. I would not remove it if it came with a game I bought. If I were buying a a ColorDMD today for a machine that could use one I would not add it.

I do think it would be a great "value add" for ColorDMD to include them... but they seem pleased with their margins and I don't suspect we will ever see that happen.

#9746 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This totally sucks.

lol a better than blokes look

I used some black insulation tape to block out any light bleed on an older game that had LCD

but now I use the LED version, fits better and looks better.

#9747 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I used some black insulation tape to block out any light bleed on an older game that had LCD

I like the fit of the LED screens, but I can't do them. The brightness always seems to be not quite enough or too much, I can't get the brightness just right with them, so I prefer the LCD screens, fit-challenged though they may be.

#9749 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I prefer the look of lcd but the fit of led I recently put mine in scan lines and was amazed how good it looks, suits the game.

#9750 3 years ago

Yeah i put mine in scan to start and never bothered even looking at what the others were like. love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 16.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/195 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.