IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 237.
#9651 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

When I got my TWD prem last year, it had a colorDMD(LED version) in it. I have swapped it for a colorDMD(LCD version set on scan mode).
I posted pics in this thread so you can go back and see what it looks like.
Led version
Pro
Direct drop in replacement for stern dmd
Con
Grainy led resolution not ideal for TWDs dmd content.
LCD version
Pro
Flexibility of picking different modes small dots, large dots, square dots, etc.
Con
The lcd has spacers that make it sit back 1/2 inch or so away from the hole in the dmd panel. If you look at it from extreme angle you can see back into the back box some. If you had speaker lights that would probably have light bleed through. Can put foam strips or something to block the light.
IMHO, the colorDMD LCD set to scan mode is definitely the way to go for TWD.

A gasket has been produced to cover that gap and can be purchased direct from ColorDMD or direct from someone’s Pinside store too if I’m not mistaken, I forget who though

https://shop.colordmd.com/lcd-foam-gasket-stretch-fit/

#9652 3 years ago

Thanks guys, was looking at the colorDMD site and had seen that lcd was the way to go. If i can find a couple of people who want one here we can get free shipping for any 3 screens, saves about $100au each even after postage here in Australia to distribute.

#9653 3 years ago

LCD on it's way, decided i had enough energy to do the rails.

twd3 (resized).jpgtwd3 (resized).jpg

after

twd4 (resized).jpgtwd4 (resized).jpg

Horrible shooter rod goes next

#9654 3 years ago

OK so been having this issue for a while now...

Optos registering by themselves... prison doors (which is common) AND the drop target optos!

They both go to the little board under the playfield

So I'm guessing something on the board is bad. Maybe that surface mounted chip?

I have reflowed the prison door optos and reversed its connectors to the little board but since this affects the drops I think it is the board.

Anyone have a similar issue and hopefully solution?

#9655 3 years ago

any chance someone has a spare right inlane guide plastic? mine broke at the end near the flipper, it doesn't affect game play since the clear plastic underneath is fine but it doesn't look great. thanks!

#9656 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

any chance someone has a spare right inlane guide plastic? mine broke at the end near the flipper, it doesn't affect game play since the clear plastic underneath is fine but it doesn't look great. thanks!

Do you have a picture of what you need. I bought a plastic set and only used some of it.

#9657 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Do you have a picture of what you need. I bought a plastic set and only used some of it.

Looks like -04

20201226_140228- (resized).jpg20201226_140228- (resized).jpg

#9658 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Looks like -04
[quoted image]

I think I have an extra. I’ll be home late tonight to confirm. I’ll message you when I find out.

#9659 3 years ago

Hey all! So my right spinner on walking dead is bent and the arm appears to be as well. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I would get a replacement spinner and arm assembly? Switch is working just fine still. Thanks so much guys!!

#9660 3 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey all! So my right spinner on walking dead is bent and the arm appears to be as well. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I would get a replacement spinner and arm assembly? Switch is working just fine still. Thanks so much guys!!

I know you need the right side, but the left is all I could find on PBL or Marco's. At least this listing will give the part number for the left and a sense of cost. I would check your service manual to find the right-side part number, which is likely to be just one digit different than the left number, etc.

https://www.pinballlife.com/complete-spinner-assembly-with-switch.html

The last thing I will add is, the frame of any spinner can be bent into position. Not an indefinite number of times, but yes, the frames can be bent. Perhaps you could bend your frame and replace just the spinner:

https://www.pinballlife.com/desegastern-spinner-515-7088-01.html

#9661 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I know you need the right side, but the left is all I could find on PBL or Marco's. At least this listing will give the part number for the left and a sense of cost. I would check your service manual to find the right-side part number.

Thanks so much for that! It looks like the same exact part just flipped upside down for the right side. I should be able to just do it that way no?? I’m examine and it looks to be the exact same setup!

#9662 3 years ago

I know you need the right side, but the left is all I could find on PBL or Marco's. At least this listing will give the part number for the left and a sense of cost. I would check your service manual to find the right-side part number, which is likely to be just one digit different than the left number, etc.
The last thing I will add is, the frame of any spinner can be bent into position. Not an indefinite number of times, but yes, the frames can be bent. Perhaps you could bend your frame and replace just the spinner:
https://www.pinballlife.com/desegastern-spinner-515-7088-01.html

Also, that doesn’t look like the right spinner size? I think it’s supposed to be a thinner model?

#9663 3 years ago

I don't have a TWD in front of me to study, but sure, there's a chance Stern just used a "left" spinner assembly on the right side of the playfield by simply flipping it around. The switch is actuated by the spinner, regardless of orientation, but the plastics are cut to accommodate the switch, so you have to be sure the left spinner assembly, when flipped, will sit properly in the cut-out.

#9664 3 years ago

Also, that doesn’t look like the right spinner size? I think it’s supposed to be a thinner model?

I don't believe the Woodbury spinner is truly a "narrow" assembly, but I could be wrong. I would check the manual for part number to be sure though.

#9665 3 years ago

I don't believe the Woodbury spinner is truly a "narrow" assembly, but I could be wrong. I would check the manual for part number to be sure though.

Looks like the part you sent me does match in terms of the full assembly. 511-5113-00.

#9666 3 years ago

I looked in the Service Manual posted online by Stern. Unfortunately, while they do include exploded diagrams of all the game-specific assemblies, I don't see the spinner anywhere. Maybe you do...

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Walking-Dead-LE-Manual.pdf

#9667 3 years ago

Looks like the part you sent me does match in terms of the full assembly. 511-5113-00.

If you look at Marco's listing for this same part, it's bilateral - which is to say it's not even side-specific:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-5113-00

That suggests that Stern uses the same assembly and just flips it as necessary.

#9668 3 years ago

If you look at Marco's listing for this same part, it's unilateral - which is to say it's not even side-specific:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-5113-00
That suggests that Stern uses the same assembly and just flips it as necessary.

Precisely! Should be good. I can’t place an order with them until after Jan 2nd but it’s not the end of the world. Just wanted to make sure I can get the right part to make the fix accordingly! Thanks so much for your help!

#9669 3 years ago

This is driving me batty - I need to replace the blue bumper pad on my Pro (on right side of crossbow ramp) and I can't find the part # anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

#9670 3 years ago
Quoted from nudgey:

This is driving me batty - I need to replace the blue bumper pad on my Pro (on right side of crossbow ramp) and I can't find the part # anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bnod-blue-nubs-of-death.html

#9671 3 years ago

There are 7 different ones linked here. I looked in the manual and on google but still haven't been able to figure out which one it is.

#9672 3 years ago
Quoted from nudgey:

There are 7 different ones linked here. I looked in the manual and on google but still haven't been able to figure out which one it is.

Have you taken it off and looked at it? Should be able to narrow it down to two of those just by looking at it off of the bracket.

#9673 3 years ago
Quoted from nudgey:

If by "Crossbow" ramp you mean the Arena ramp, the blue bumper is for sale at Pinball Life:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-blue-rubber-bumper-626-5057-01.html

Or from Marco's:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5057-01

#9674 3 years ago

Received the Crate mod today and a big shout to Andrew who went above and beyond and delivered a great product

59977859-3870-44C6-A7E4-08D90BB1AD0E (resized).jpeg59977859-3870-44C6-A7E4-08D90BB1AD0E (resized).jpegBBF202F8-661A-4169-88D6-CBEB5B2D16EC (resized).jpegBBF202F8-661A-4169-88D6-CBEB5B2D16EC (resized).jpeg

#9675 3 years ago

Going to be replacing the right spinner on my walking dead premium over the weekend. Should I remove the whole spinner assembly to properly put the spinner in? How does everybody usually replace a broken spinner? My first time doing this repair so I want to make sure I do it right! Thanks guys!

#9676 3 years ago

I’m picking up a pro tomorrow for the 2nd time. I had a sound mod on my first and can’t remember which version it was or where I got it from. Anyone know if they are still available and where to get?

Thx in advance

#9677 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I’m picking up a pro tomorrow for the 2nd time. I had a sound mod on my first and can’t remember which version it was or where I got it from. Anyone know if they are still available and where to get?
Thx in advance

Hit up Cleland here on pinside.

#9678 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Hit up Cleland here on pinside.

Thanks!

#9679 3 years ago

Anybody looking for an LE, I am thinking about leaving the club.

#9680 3 years ago

Hey guys. Sorry if I'm the 900th person to ask this... on the premium can the bicycle girl ramp and crossbow be disabled in software to play like the pro, and if so is this the best of both worlds?

#9681 3 years ago

Ramp I’ve heard yes. I assume Xbow as well, given an operator probably would want to do that if it breaks

#9682 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Hey guys. Sorry if I'm the 900th person to ask this... on the premium can the bicycle girl ramp and crossbow be disabled in software to play like the pro, and if so is this the best of both worlds?

Yes, I have the ramp set this way for now. I also turned off the prison doors for the time being. Both due to excessive instances of the targets behind them not registering. When I have time to tweak those switches, I'll probably go back to normal. (Duh, if I didn't, there would be no point in tweaking the switches!)

#9683 3 years ago

folks - managed to find a nice LE to upgrade my premium from - just wondering those with LE's did you all get the upgraded harness? Not sure this has it - what does it look like and is there a part number for it?

Thanks,
Neil.

#9684 3 years ago

Hi guys,

What's everyone's opinion on the train track mod by Back Alley? Does it look good or does it detract in any way?

Thanks for any input.

#9685 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

What's everyone's opinion on the train track mod by Back Alley? Does it look good or does it detract in any way?

It's beautiful and does not detract whatsoever. Purchase with confidence!

#9686 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

folks - managed to find a nice LE to upgrade my premium from - just wondering those with LE's did you all get the upgraded harness? Not sure this has it - what does it look like and is there a part number for it?
Thanks,
Neil.

Hi Neil, are you talking about the one that goes to the board under the playfield?
I remember something about this and sure mine was done, was Phil’s machine.
M4

#9687 3 years ago

Looking for some head decals for TWD prem.

Anyone have some they could part with?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-twd-prem-head-decals#post-6059335

#9688 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Hi Neil, are you talking about the one that goes to the board under the playfield?
I remember something about this and sure mine was done, was Phil’s machine.
M4

yeah just not sure the game I've picked up will have it. It doesn't seem to have the bike girl ramp mod which I've got by the photos. Need the part number.

#9689 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah just not sure the game I've picked up will have it. It doesn't seem to have the bike girl ramp mod which I've got by the photos. Need the part number.

Theres a bicycle girl ramp mod here if Phil has none.
https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/zombie-girl-ramp-modication-kit-502-6942-00_1297_1102

Maybe ask this company about the loom

#9690 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Is it the UN11 power cable? Mine looks to have been changed, think the original one gets too hot.
Can’t find a part number, simple cable though.

EDIT. This is the cable I think https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/stern-pinball-eu/power-supply-kit-twd-502-6952-00_1291_1096

05C2A645-E23D-4CD4-93F6-14A30805A5F2 (resized).jpeg05C2A645-E23D-4CD4-93F6-14A30805A5F2 (resized).jpeg

#9691 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,
Thanks for any input.

It's awesome, and looks like it belongs there. Every time I see one without it looks naked. One of my favorite mods.

#9692 3 years ago

Is $1250 for an original AMC Stern topper too much or is that a reasonable deal?

#9693 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Is $1250 for an original AMC Stern topper too much or is that a reasonable deal?

they were $399 new...

#9694 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

They are not available anymore... I paid $1500 for mine...

#9695 3 years ago

$1500 seems to be the going price on them

#9696 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I've read $1200-1500 in multiple threads.

#9697 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Theres a bicycle girl ramp mod here if Phil has none.
https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/zombie-girl-ramp-modication-kit-502-6942-00_1297_1102
Maybe ask this company about the loom

yeah got it thanks just wish I'd found this:

Quoted from Lostcause:

Is it the UN11 power cable? Mine looks to have been changed, think the original one gets too hot.
Can’t find a part number, simple cable though.
EDIT. This is the cable I think https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/stern-pinball-eu/power-supply-kit-twd-502-6952-00_1291_1096
[quoted image]

ordered it thanks

Neil

#9698 3 years ago

I’m selling the Interactive backbox led kit from our machine.

Can any of you who have this mod tell me who the manufacturer is?
203BF1CA-7145-4273-B323-9C0F51AAC6E1 (resized).jpeg203BF1CA-7145-4273-B323-9C0F51AAC6E1 (resized).jpegDA7849BB-7F33-43F4-9813-F982473AC076 (resized).jpegDA7849BB-7F33-43F4-9813-F982473AC076 (resized).jpeg

#9699 3 years ago

Looks like DIY

#9700 3 years ago

Kim Keist made it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 8.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/194?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.