R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 236.
#9601 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I joined the club a few weeks ago with a Premium, and I've been too busy having my ass handed to me to post!
I love this game! Never nad much chance to play it before, so I never knew what I was doing when I could play it. And I never owned a game where knowing what you are doing mattered so much! (e.g. those left drops are key!)
The "just one more game" phenomenon is stronger than any game I've owned. Chances are it'll be short, so why not?
But when you do get on a roll, the thrill is unparalleled in my experience!
Those damn ramps! A slow ball can make it all the way to the backboard and still not go around, instead slo-mo rejecting seconds after the shot was made! Deliciously aggravating!
The ball keeps getting stuck in or behind the well walker. Gotta look for fixes.
Finally figured out that skill shot. Still gotta fine tune the shot strength and timing though, I almost think I was getting more points with a full plunge because I keep short plunging now and missing it entirely! Another brilliantly aggravating feature.
Shout out to the Cleland R sound package creator. Love it! It really tickles my, uh, er, what Negan said.
Occasionally my crossbow won't operate, then when it's too late it realizes the ball is in there and it fires it randomly. That's an aggravation that I don't think is a design feature! Is that long leaf switch hanging up, you think?
Ok, back to killing Walkers!

If you want to figure out every shot and best scoring check out this tutorial, that is if you have 2 hours, but it did help me out with rules and strategy but unfortunately does make me any better at execution of the shots but that is what makes this game bad ars.

I have had to adjust my crossbow / top fire button. Make sure it will plunge the ball at the start. If it won’t do that , or you have to keep pressing it to make it plunge the ball then the switch contacts need a tweak.

#9602 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I have a premium myself that I picked up a little over a year ago. Great Game! If you want to upgrade speakers I would go through PinWoofer. His system works off a separate amp and won’t stress your audio board out and will be much louder for both channels.
I recently had a problem with my lower cabinet speaker which one of the two previous owners upgraded to flipper fidelity speaker. All of a sudden I had a Bad humming coming out of and no sound coming out of it which is where most of the sound comes from I learned after my failure because before I fixed it I had that speaker unplugged. In short, with PinWoofers help, identified the audio chip on the board was bad. I felt there was a chance that the flipper fidelity speaker if it is going to make it louder had to stress that board out so I put the factory speaker back in, and for me I didn’t think it made that much difference between the two speakers. Now I could have just got unlucky with my audio board or it may have been the flipper fidelity speaker but at least with PinWoofer systems his is completely separate from the board. I got lucky and was able to solder in that chip, even two local shops near me said they send the board in to get rebuilt ( I have no idea if I was contacting a quality tech) but if I was to buy that board it would have been $550.

That looks like a great setup but ouch on the cost!!

#9603 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

That looks like a great setup but ouch on the cost!!

Yeah I think it is the old saying you get what you pay for. I think flipper fidelity is about $160, and as far as I could tell not that much better, or $300 for a true audio upgrade. Me personally, not that into sound , I just want it to work but everyone has their own taste. But I did look on his site and everything is separated and has its own power source so no chance of running into a $550 board failure like I almost did.

#9604 3 years ago

Going through my parts, I have these brand new flipper bat covers for $10

PM me if you want

IMG_3981 (resized).JPGIMG_3981 (resized).JPG
#9605 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Yeah I think it is the old saying you get what you pay for. I think flipper fidelity is about $160, and as far as I could tell not that much better, or $300 for a true audio upgrade. Me personally, not that into sound , I just want it to work but everyone has their own taste. But I did look on his site and everything is separated and has its own power source so no chance of running into a $550 board failure like I almost did.

I have the flipper fidelity in my TWD and the 8” sub is night and day difference from the original, the backbox speakers made it a bit better only.
And I am addicted to bass

7871DA44-A7BC-48B7-B9D7-BD31F9FE6EAB (resized).jpeg7871DA44-A7BC-48B7-B9D7-BD31F9FE6EAB (resized).jpeg

#9606 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been mentioned before (I am about to start working my way through this thread) BUT is there a fix for the magnet in front of the prison sending the ball SDTM??

I know about hitting both flipper buttons at the same time but all that seems to do is fire the ball SDTM even faster.

Thanks for any assistance.

#9607 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,
I'm sure this has been mentioned before (I am about to start working my way through this thread) BUT is there a fix for the magnet in front of the prison sending the ball SDTM??
I know about hitting both flipper buttons at the same time but all that seems to do is fire the ball SDTM even faster.

I mostly fixed it by having the magnet slightly angled by using washers. I posted my fix earlier. I tried an assortment of fixes. You can search under my user name. Good luck.

#9608 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,

I really wish there was an automatic ball save if it goes SDTM... it can be disabled the first time a switch is activated. That said, pressing the flipper buttons on the second crowbar hit in the animation seems to work like 95% of the time for me.

#9609 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,

You need to turn the core. Not the metal disc but the small coin sized core very slightly to the right or left. Like taking it from 12 o’clock to 11 or 1.

You have to loosen the huge nut around it from under the playfield. Turn it a tad bit, then retighten the nut.

#9610 3 years ago

All hitting the flippers does is make the magnet pulse happen when you want. Most games get to the point that no matter when you decide to pulse the magnet, it throws the ball SDTM.

#9611 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,

Make sure latest code is on there.

#9612 3 years ago

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I do have 1.6 code which I believe to be the latest. I'll check out adjusting the magnet/core tomorrow. Thanks guys

#9613 3 years ago

Got to Horde the other night. So exciting as always. Such a treat for having a good game. Who-Dey would have been the first to know I made it to our favorite mode.

#9614 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

BUT is there a fix for the magnet in front of the prison sending the ball SDTM??

I start wiggling the machine left/right when the words come up after the zombie gets whacked in the head by the crowbar. When the magnet turns of the ball goes nicely one way or the other. Not the most predictable but not SDTM either, and no surgery required.

#9615 3 years ago

For SDTm, the only thing that worked for me was turning the magnet. There are posts here explaining it further.

#9616 3 years ago

Here it is, ‘The Crate’ by Vimtoman. Looks factory and looks-works amazing, very happy. Easy fit, minutes. Even my wife likes it!!!
Get one while you can, I can highly recommend this.

1FD3E5D0-8A7C-458D-BB45-56193F332DDB (resized).jpeg1FD3E5D0-8A7C-458D-BB45-56193F332DDB (resized).jpeg
#9617 3 years ago

Back in the club!! Took a few years off, but bought back a really nice Pro.

TWD01 (resized).jpgTWD01 (resized).jpg
#9618 3 years ago

What is a TWD topper going for these days? I have one I am debating about selling if the price is right.

#9619 3 years ago

One just sold for $1500 here on Pinside, and there was one listed on Ebay Aus. for $4000!?

#9620 3 years ago

Wow!

#9621 3 years ago

Someone just sold one on fb for 1200. Talked to them about it. I'd love one but anything over 500 is kinda silly to me.

#9622 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Back in the club!! Took a few years off, but bought back a really nice Pro.
[quoted image]

Man, just had a peak at your past collection. “impressive”.

#9623 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Man, just had a peak at your past collection. “impressive”.

Thank you. When you keep a small lineup of 4 or 5 pins, and you get bored quickly, there is always a lot of buying & selling games!!

#9624 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,

I adjusted my machine so that it is not level side to side, but lower by about 4 degrees to the left. This improved my STDM releases from the magnets as well as from the ball coming out of the pop bumper area. I'm not going to say it never happens, but it happens much less than before I made the adjustment.

Love playing this machine. It can be frustrating as hell, but it is so rewarding when you get a good game going.

#9625 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

I adjusted my machine so that it is not level side to side, but lower by about 4 degrees to the left. This improved my STDM releases from the magnets as well as from the ball coming out of the pop bumper area. I'm not going to say it never happens, but it happens much less than before I made the adjustment.
Love playing this machine. It can be frustrating as hell, but it is so rewarding when you get a good game going.

Same here. I use to get SDTM from the pop bumpers all the time and just changing the level to lean a little to the left made a world of difference.

#9626 3 years ago

Props to pinballjj for the horde mod implementation— I took his idea and tried it with some 3D printing. Took some iterations and patience with plastic glue but happy with the outcome .. photos don’t really capture it but shooting a giant zombie head never really made sense so this a nice upgrade .. works perfect!

77138973-5994-41A1-A550-DB4BC0AC530F (resized).jpeg77138973-5994-41A1-A550-DB4BC0AC530F (resized).jpegABA3A240-889A-4853-AE98-456D70C70117 (resized).jpegABA3A240-889A-4853-AE98-456D70C70117 (resized).jpeg
#9627 3 years ago

Recently purchased a TWD Pro. Everything works fine, except that occasionally after draining a ball, the end of ball bonus screen does not play; it just goes straight to ball 2, or if it's a 2 player game, straight to player 2. It's not happening all the time, but occasionally and enough to be annoying.

Anybody encounter this or have a recommendation as to what would cause this? Recently installed 1.60 also.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

#9628 3 years ago

If it was a quick ball, chances are you didn’t accumulate any bonus. There’s no bonus count up if that happens.

#9629 3 years ago

I picked up a TWD Pro this morning. I can not update the code. I tried 5 different usb drives. Formatted to Fat32. Tried to download from a different computer. Set the dip switch 8 to on.
The machine does not read the usb drive. It keeps saying to Insert usb. Right now it’s stuck on 1.41. I checked the rom chip, seems like it’s in tight. I’ve read all the suggestions in the forums. Looks like it may need a new board.
I will reach out to stern tomorrow but was hoping that someone would have the solution here.

#9630 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it was a quick ball, chances are you didn’t accumulate any bonus. There’s no bonus count up if that happens.

Thanks Chutwurk, that may be the case.... let me look into it.

#9631 3 years ago

Where does one purchase this AWESOME translite?

55BBB7D0-12BD-4AD7-BB5E-D1A43EF42F5F (resized).png55BBB7D0-12BD-4AD7-BB5E-D1A43EF42F5F (resized).png
#9632 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Where does one purchase this AWESOME translite?
[quoted image]

Contact @flipordie.

Check out this thread for more info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drawing-some-backglasses-happy-trees

#9633 3 years ago

Thanks, that's choice.

#9634 3 years ago

Did pin graffix only do a couple of the x-bow wraps fir the apron? I see there’s one example at pinball refinery- don’t see any others really? That is really cool looking! Is anyone rocking a red translucent apron? I’d be interested to see pictures, or video with the lighting kit below it..

#9635 3 years ago

Just discovered a weird bug (I think). I had a ball get stuck because an LED came out of one of the spots and got in the Outland which caused the ball to get stuck. I removed the glass and put the ball in the trough. I didn’t turn the game off cause I was having a decent game and I knew that with the coin door ball save on I would get my ball back. However, once the ball was returned to play the prison doors would not open as if the high voltage coil for that did not get the message to get re-enabled despite the fact that all the other coils did. The next ball everything was good again.

So I tried to figure out what was going on and after a while I was able to recreate this. If you are playing a ball and open the coin door and let the ball drain (with coin door ball saver on) the ball gets put back into play when you close the door but the prison doors won’t open. Sometimes after playing a while (perhaps after a multi ball ends or something) the doors start to work again.

It was kind of frustrating during my decent game as I couldn’t start Prison multi ball for the second time on that ball. And my last ball was brutal.

Anyone able to confirm that this is a bug? Or is it something with my game only?

#9636 3 years ago

I am not sure the programming is fully tweaked for infrequent events like opening the coin door during play. during normal play on mine if the doors are open and there is a lull in switch activity such as a prolonged cradle the doors will close but then reopen after a few switch hits anywhere on the playfield.

#9637 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Here it is, ‘The Crate’ by Vimtoman. Looks factory and looks-works amazing, very happy. Easy fit, minutes. Even my wife likes it!!!
Get one while you can, I can highly recommend this.
[quoted image]

More props for this mod. Andrew did a great job ....easy install, fun toy!!! Highly recommend (if you don't already have the barn, obviously)

#9638 3 years ago

how is the starting value for the horde determined? Is it a percentage of your multi kill value?

#9639 3 years ago

Got my crate installed today, this thing is not like all the other “props” placed in the pin. This is interactive, a super cool addition to the game. Thanks Andrew!!

6C4025C3-7408-4758-8101-3D391C49072F (resized).jpeg6C4025C3-7408-4758-8101-3D391C49072F (resized).jpeg
#9640 3 years ago

Where can I get a new Crossbow/fishtank ramp?
Mine is cracked. Reached out to stern with no answer.
Is there an after market source?

#9641 3 years ago

Thanks flipordie it's the business!

twd1 (resized).jpgtwd1 (resized).jpg

#9642 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks flipordie it's the business!
[quoted image]

You need a ColorDMD

#9643 3 years ago

Do the pin2dmd ones work? They are reasonably priced here, just got one for the getaway.

#9644 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Do the pin2dmd ones work? They are reasonably priced here, just got one for the getaway.

They work but you didn’t get the full colorization w/out a ton of work coloring it for pin2dmd..

#9645 3 years ago

Moved it up to the front rotation, these 4 are the ones that are on all day every day. The other ones down the back are only on weekends.

Sides, i have some lollipop rails to go on it and i'm more likely to get a burst of energy if i'm looking at it all day.

It's in good company here. 4 great games, wish the Black Knight was mine but it's a loaner.

Can't see why it get's all the hate, such a great game.

AFM is still getting the most play, finally got the 5 way combo this morning.

pb34 (resized).jpgpb34 (resized).jpg

#9646 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

They work but you didn’t get the full colorization w/out a ton of work coloring it for pin2dmd..

So which one is the best for Walking Dead, i have a pro if that matters.

#9647 3 years ago

Between colordmd or pin2dmd? If someone colored the game it’s installed on already I’d go with pin2dmd probably.. I mean cost wise it’s a big savings but otherwise I’d go colordmd. I had a pin2dmd in Twd briefly before swapping with my sopranos colordmd. It was fine.. very red and pink pallete. But with colordmd there was so much detail that you just couldn’t see before because of lack of contrast between shades. Esp with the stock dmd. Also I generally really like the smoothing effect you can apply with the LCD.

#9648 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Between colordmd or pin2dmd? If someone colored the game it’s installed on already I’d go with pin2dmd probably.. I mean cost wise it’s a big savings but otherwise I’d go colordmd. I had a pin2dmd in Twd briefly before swapping with my sopranos colordmd. It was fine.. very red and pink pallete. But with colordmd there was so much detail that you just couldn’t see before because of lack of contrast between shades. Esp with the stock dmd. Also I generally really like the smoothing effect you can apply with the LCD.

I recently put mine on scan lines and was pleasantly surprised, try it.

#9649 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So which one is the best for Walking Dead, i have a pro if that matters.

I’ve had Randy’s ColourDMD LCD in both of mine. It’s the way to go mate. Yes expensive but worth it and if you want to keep it when time to sell just reprogram to the next game you want to put it into. Not a bad idea to cover all bases and order wiring kits to suit other games, shipping a one of out is a killer.

#9650 3 years ago

When I got my TWD prem last year, it had a colorDMD(LED version) in it. I have swapped it for a colorDMD(LCD version set on scan mode).

I posted pics in this thread so you can go back and see what it looks like.

Led version
Pro
Direct drop in replacement for stern dmd
Con
Grainy led resolution not ideal for TWDs dmd content.

LCD version
Pro
Flexibility of picking different modes small dots, large dots, square dots, etc.
Con
The lcd has spacers that make it sit back 1/2 inch or so away from the hole in the dmd panel. If you look at it from extreme angle you can see back into the back box some. If you had speaker lights that would probably have light bleed through. Can put foam strips or something to block the light.

IMHO, the colorDMD LCD set to scan mode is definitely the way to go for TWD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 26.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/193 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.