IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 237.
#9551 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Isn't it 115 on default settings? I think you were right there.

Yeah, I think default is 115, which is why i said that. I set mine down to the lowest allowed, which is still something crazy high like 90.

#9552 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah, I think default is 115, which is why i said that. I set mine down to the lowest allowed, which is still something crazy high like 90.

The best I've ever done is 97. I was trying for 115 at that point, but was on my last ball, and nope... I didn't make it. I've been tempted to lower the number on my TWD too.

#9553 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Isn't it 115 on default settings? I think you were right there.

Well damn it!!!! Haha

#9554 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Well damn it!!!! Haha

Don’t worry.... next time!

#9555 3 years ago

was looking at the manual for the Prem/le and noticed under GI's that the playfield has 3 x green leds basically behind the drop targets.

Has anyone replaced the reds with green and if so, were you happy with it? I don't have any greens to try but am wondering if it would give a cool effect or stern decided it was too much away from the red red look

2 weeks later
#9556 3 years ago

If someone should be interested, I am having a 18 hole pingolf challenge streaming tomorrow friday at 9 PM CET (norway time), where the 18 hole objective based course is spread across Walking Dead, Iron Maiden and Game of Thrones Open a beer and join in on twitch.tv/drainmorten if you want

121730661_943546726051585_1453785484841214343_n (resized).png121730661_943546726051585_1453785484841214343_n (resized).pngtwitch golf stats bg (resized).pngtwitch golf stats bg (resized).png
#9557 3 years ago

She is awesome!!!

44CF4DE6-2E04-44A5-AD73-8F1FD4898F81 (resized).jpeg44CF4DE6-2E04-44A5-AD73-8F1FD4898F81 (resized).jpeg
#9558 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

She is awesome!!!
[quoted image]

She is!!

That would be dangerous in our place. Too many disputes....

#9559 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

She is awesome!!!
[quoted image]

I would be afraid that I'd be tempted to use it after a particularity bad game (which is most of them lol).

#9560 3 years ago

Yes my family are a bit concerned, especially as I took my wife’s hairbrush and took some hair off which I covered in blood (paint) and stuck it on the bat!!!

#9561 3 years ago

I've been through the online manuals to no avail. Can anyone tell me which of the Blue Nubs of Death one needs to buy for next to the Woodbury shot? Mine was completely missing and there are several options out there. Thanks.

#9562 3 years ago

Mine appears to be 2cm long or 4/5 inch. Same height and width as the bracket.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Edit. I have a pro though. Not sure if Le is different.

#9563 3 years ago

Thank you gumnut01

#9564 3 years ago

Any one by chance looking to off-load their Fish Tank Topper? I realize it's a long shot, but thanks in advance for the consideration!!

#9565 3 years ago

"THE CRATE"

Just finished a mod for TWD.
Pictures and video below.
Slides onto the hump section of the left ramp and is triggered by the pinball rolling underneath.
Easy install.
Zombie inside will raise the lid and try and break the chains.
Its pretty fast so you only get a glmpse of him
He's painted and has reflective opaque eyes...
His hand grasping through the hole of the lid.
Has a hook on the playfield side for added movement.
Chains all round crate.
Has a clear ball activated lever underneath so modders can light from under the clear ramp.
Detailed by hand. All painting and decals done myself.
Each one will be slightly different.
Limited numbers being made so contact me to be placed on a list should you want one.
Being made bespoke for each person.

PM me for contact details.

P1050424 (resized).jpgP1050424 (resized).jpgP1050428 (resized).jpgP1050428 (resized).jpg
#9566 3 years ago

Very nice, that looks great. Yes please put me down for one
My wife can buy it for my birthday, Halloween

#9567 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Very nice, that looks great. Yes please put me down for one
My wife can buy it for my birthday, Halloween

Cheers Lostcause No1 is yours

#9568 3 years ago

Anyone run into issues with prison optos and drop targets? A couple of weeks ago the prison would constantly register hits after the ball was plunged. I checked the connections, cleaned the optos and the problem went away. Just last night game started acting up again. Now after a plunge the drop target bank fires three times in succession, and continues to do so almost constantly while a ball is in play, it doesn't do it when the ball is in the shooter lane, and now the prison opto is not registering at all. Haven't had a chance to get under the hood yet, just seeing if anyone ever had a similar problem.

#9569 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Anyone run into issues with prison optos and drop targets? A couple of weeks ago the prison would constantly register hits after the ball was plunged. I checked the connections, cleaned the optos and the problem went away. Just last night game started acting up again. Now after a plunge the drop target bank fires three times in succession, and continues to do so almost constantly while a ball is in play, it doesn't do it when the ball is in the shooter lane, and now the prison opto is not registering at all. Haven't had a chance to get under the hood yet, just seeing if anyone ever had a similar problem.

Try pushing all connectors home under the playfield. Theres a lot of Z connector connections that also come loose.

#9570 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

"THE CRATE"
Slides onto the hump section of the left ramp and is triggered by the pinball rolling underneath.
Easy install.
Chains all round crate.
Has a clear ball activated lever underneath so modders can light from under the clear ramp.
Limited numbers being made so contact me to be placed on a list should you want one.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool! I might just have to get one of these

#9571 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Cheers lostcause No1 is yours

I'll take #2!

#9572 3 years ago

I'll Grab #3!

#9573 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

"THE CRATE"
Easy install.
Chains all round crate.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You didn’t mention this but it will also stop airballs from happening at this spot. Very nice, if I didn’t already have the burning barn mod I would hit you up for one. Could you also fit a red led inside?

#9574 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

You didn’t mention this but it will also stop airballs from happening at this spot. Very nice, if I didn’t already have the burning barn mod I would hit you up for one. Could you also fit a red led inside?

Yep stops the airballs from happening.
I originally designed a clear plastic but then it sort of branched into this design.
I've made a clear lever system underneath so you could plant an led just below the clear ramp.

Could everyone PM me if you want the mod etc .

#9575 3 years ago

Are you able to manually activate the crate and take a photo so people can see what's under the lid.

#9576 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Sorry only issue I know is when the magnet is proud of the surface and causes air balls to skip over the optos. Never had or heard of this. Good luck!

#9577 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Are you able to manually activate the crate and take a photo so people can see what's under the lid.

I hope to improve the painting of the zombie
The main thing was the shake and rattle of the chains and the lifting of the lid.
I added him just for fun as the movement is pretty quick

P1050435 (resized).jpgP1050435 (resized).jpg

#9578 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

I hope to improve the painting of the zombie
The main thing was the shake and rattle of the chains and the lifting of the lid.
I added him just for fun as the movement is pretty quick
[quoted image]

Well done on the hand above and below the crate. Great detail!

#9579 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Well done on the hand above and below the crate. Great detail!

Thanks . It looks better in blender The print loses a lot of detail .
Plus he's stumpy as there not a lot of room for the lever action.

#9580 3 years ago

You won't need too much detail as the lid raise is pretty quick. I reckon it's pretty good as is, but there's no harm in improving stuff

#9581 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

You won't need too much detail as the lid raise is pretty quick. I reckon it's pretty good as is, but there's no harm in improving stuff

I'm going to add a servo and maybe some lighting to the crate so started a new thread for updates etc.
Link below
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate#post-5936066

#9582 3 years ago

cool idea!. I like that it is all mechanical , it seems like it would be better if zombie stayed up a little longer, without getting into servos maybe you can have the lever activate and catch on a little ledge (ala drop target) and keep the zombie up until the next ramp shot where he drops back in to the box ? just an idea..

#9583 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

cool idea!. I like that it is all mechanical , it seems like it would be better if zombie stayed up a little longer, without getting into servos maybe you can have the lever activate and catch on a little ledge (ala drop target) and keep the zombie up until the next ramp shot where he drops back in to the box ? just an idea..

Im quite liking the servo version. I can add some random behaviour to it.
Posting a vid on my thread of a test i have done.

#9584 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Or some gearing that makes it close slowly.....

#9585 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

I'm going to add a servo and maybe some lighting to the crate so started a new thread for updates etc.
Link below
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate#post-5936066

Look forward to it thanks

#9586 3 years ago

I just joined the club and picked up TWD Pro with shaker and topper. I’m enjoying this game but I have a few issues I’m hoping I can get help with. I have a couple of Spike games and I typical set the volume at around 22. On TWD, I have to set the volume at close to 40 to be as loud. This game is really quiet! This is my first SAM game so I’m not sure if this is normal?
The second issue I have is the coin lamps are out and I cannot find in the manual where these trace back to? Not the back box I assume? Somewhere in the cabinet? Also, my flasher at the “pop bumbers” is not working. I’m going to have to trouble shoot this one further I guess.
Thanks!

IMG_7355 (resized).jpgIMG_7355 (resized).jpg
#9587 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

the coin lamps are out and I cannot find in the manual where these trace back to?

Stern stopped including full schematics in their online manuals around 2014 so it’s more difficult to get help because not everyone has that info at their fingertips.

You can check the paper manual, see if that has full schematics. If it doesn’t, an email to Stern may produce results.

#9588 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

I just joined the club and picked up TWD Pro with shaker and topper. I’m enjoying this game but I have a few issues I’m hoping I can get help with. I have a couple of Spike games and I typical set the volume at around 22. On TWD, I have to set the volume at close to 40 to be as loud. This game is really quiet! This is my first SAM game so I’m not sure if this is normal?
The second issue I have is the coin lamps are out and I cannot find in the manual where these trace back to? Not the back box I assume? Somewhere in the cabinet? Also, my flasher at the “pop bumbers” is not working. I’m going to have to trouble shoot this one further I guess.
Thanks![quoted image]

Volume = 40 on mine not too loud, I could go louder if I wanted. So you’re normal.

#9589 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. So volume is good.
I'm just going to follow the wires for the lamps and see where they go.

#9590 3 years ago

Fixed both issues.
The flasher works now that I re-seated all the connections between the board, topper and flashers so something must have been mis-aligned or loose.
The lamps at the coin door was even easier. Looks like the previous owner just disconnected the plug-in in the back of the cabinet. In my defense it's not easy to see or access back there because of the ridiculous way the playfield slides out (or doesn't slide out) of the cabinet. I think I'm going to invest in the rail slides for this game.
Thanks again.
Mark

#9591 3 years ago

Hey survivors!
I have edited and uploaded the pingolf challenge i had recently to my youtube channel. Divided into three parts, one for each game, here is the first with Walking Dead (hole 1 - 6) if anyone want to see

#9592 3 years ago

Joining with a premium. Installed a pin2dmd and some mods coming for fun.. this is a pin I see where a good amount of mods available all look pretty cool.

Curious about those that have installed upgraded speakers — do they make a big difference? I could go for a bit more bass over stock, but not sure if upgrading is worth it..

#9593 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Joining with a premium. Installed a pin2dmd and some mods coming for fun.. this is a pin I see where a good amount of mods available all look pretty cool.
Curious about those that have installed upgraded speakers — do they make a big difference? I could go for a bit more bass over stock, but not sure if upgrading is worth it..

I put the 8” flipper fidelity set in and big difference on the bass front and a small difference from bb speakers, just a bit clearer/crisper.

#9594 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

How have you found the Pin2DMD. I have thought about installing one on my TWD pro although have had no luck finding a colourisation rom file.

#9595 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Go with an external sub. That'll round out the sound pretty well (afterall, its really only missing the low end), and it'll be cheaper if you can find a used one. I've gotten many Polk PSW10's for $50 on CL or FB Marketplace. Also check out the Cleland sound package if yours came with stock code.

#9596 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Thanks![quoted image]

The volume differences between systems is normal. I have a Sam and Spike as well and they both behave just as you have mentioned. The Spike on lower volume is much louder.

#9597 3 years ago

I joined the club a few weeks ago with a Premium, and I've been too busy having my ass handed to me to post!

I love this game! Never nad much chance to play it before, so I never knew what I was doing when I could play it. And I never owned a game where knowing what you are doing mattered so much! (e.g. those left drops are key!)

The "just one more game" phenomenon is stronger than any game I've owned. Chances are it'll be short, so why not?

But when you do get on a roll, the thrill is unparalleled in my experience!

Those damn ramps! A slow ball can make it all the way to the backboard and still not go around, instead slo-mo rejecting seconds after the shot was made! Deliciously aggravating!

The ball keeps getting stuck in or behind the well walker. Gotta look for fixes.

Finally figured out that skill shot. Still gotta fine tune the shot strength and timing though, I almost think I was getting more points with a full plunge because I keep short plunging now and missing it entirely! Another brilliantly aggravating feature.

Shout out to the Cleland R sound package creator. Love it! It really tickles my, uh, er, what Negan said.

Occasionally my crossbow won't operate, then when it's too late it realizes the ball is in there and it fires it randomly. That's an aggravation that I don't think is a design feature! Is that long leaf switch hanging up, you think?

Ok, back to killing Walkers!

#9598 3 years ago

Congrats....I revisited mine tonight and it promptly reminded me who is boss....what a bad ass game!!!

1 week later
#9599 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I have a premium myself that I picked up a little over a year ago. Great Game! If you want to upgrade speakers I would go through PinWoofer. His system works off a separate amp and won’t stress your audio board out and will be much louder for both channels.
I recently had a problem with my lower cabinet speaker which one of the two previous owners upgraded to flipper fidelity speaker. All of a sudden I had a Bad humming coming out of and no sound coming out of it which is where most of the sound comes from I learned after my failure because before I fixed it I had that speaker unplugged. In short, with PinWoofers help, identified the audio chip on the board was bad. I felt there was a chance that the flipper fidelity speaker if it is going to make it louder had to stress that board out so I put the factory speaker back in, and for me I didn’t think it made that much difference between the two speakers. Now I could have just got unlucky with my audio board or it may have been the flipper fidelity speaker but at least with PinWoofer systems his is completely separate from the board. I got lucky and was able to solder in that chip, even two local shops near me said they send the board in to get rebuilt ( I have no idea if I was contacting a quality tech) but if I was to buy that board it would have been $550.

#9600 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Thanks![quoted image]

Yeah my Spike 2 game I have set to 15 but the SAM system in these I set to 30 so totally normal with the comparison

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/192?hl=enchantress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.