20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 236.
#9501 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

62M for your best! Nice work!
Bowen mentions in his tutorial that the points available in Arena are scant and he doesn't invest much effort in the mode. Ditto: BG.

Thanks dude. It wasn't intentional. Had a 4x multiplier going that scored 28m. Had no idea what I was doing. I really like the flow of this game. The dots and callouts thanks to Cleland make this game so immersive.

On a side note, anyone that hasn't collected the Mezel Tower mod and the Hooked on Pinball Barn mod, I can't recommend them enough. Really add to the light show and look awesome.

#9502 3 years ago

Decoding Inserts After L.M.S. Please Help.

Each of these photos was taken at the conclusion/completion of an L.M.S. wizard mode. (Caveat: my game is set to four balls, with a ten-second ball-save, and 100, not 115, Walkers.)
If you've been there, you know that there's a long/amusing animation that rewards the player and can't be double-flipped away. While it runs, the main insert on some of or all of the main shots flickers like a torch in red/orange.
You'll notice that in each of these photos, one main-shot insert is *not* lit.
Why?
Much more often they are *all* lit when the mode is completed.
What does that mean about one's performance in the mode?
How do your inserts look when you finish L.M.S?

IMG_1043(1) (resized).jpgIMG_1043(1) (resized).jpgIMG_1072 (resized).jpgIMG_1072 (resized).jpgIMG_1236 (resized).jpgIMG_1236 (resized).jpgIMG_1265 (resized).jpgIMG_1265 (resized).jpg
#9503 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Decoding Inserts After L.M.S. Please Help.
Each of these photos was taken at the conclusion/completion of an L.M.S. wizard mode. (Caveat: my game is set to four balls, with a ten-second ball-save, and 100, not 115, Walkers.)
If you've been there, you know that there's a long/amusing animation that rewards the player and can't be double-flipped away. While it runs, the main insert on some of or all of the main shots flickers like a torch in red/orange.
You'll notice that in each of these photos, one main-shot insert is *not* lit.
Why?
Much more often they are *all* lit when the mode is completed.
What does that mean about one's performance in the mode?
How do your inserts look when you finish L.M.S?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When I get there in 50 years, I’ll let you know!

#9504 3 years ago

Got my game today, love this pin!

IMG-0455 (resized).jpgIMG-0455 (resized).jpg
#9505 3 years ago

Aaargh. I love to hate this game. Managed to get to LMS once in over 2 years. Siege maybe 3 times and only if I try specifically for that goal. I do manage to get to Horde a little more often now though - great mode! Geese this is a tough game. Between this and IM it is a wonder I am still sane! I love how it kicks your ass and makes you hit that start button again or sometimes just flip the switch off and walk away.

I may have to seriously think about adjusting my settings to make it a little easier. Owning this game makes me want to throw pinballs at my TV when I watch the show! Aaaargh!

#9506 3 years ago

Quick question. Anyone got the speaker acrylics and lights?

I love them.

But the backing is not on the brains spurting out on the left. So when the lights are red you can’t see the brains.

Sort of defeats the purpose. Does anyone else have these and do they have backing on the brains?

Thanks
4B872A1A-453D-4712-8863-72A9F9ADB3D0 (resized).jpeg4B872A1A-453D-4712-8863-72A9F9ADB3D0 (resized).jpeg

EDIT: ok if you have it on cycling colours, the brains appear when it’s not red. So that’s cool. Just was planning to leave it on red. Now not sure. Would like to know what others have.

#9507 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I love them.
But the backing is not on the brains spurting out on the left. So when the lights are red you can’t see the brains.
Sort of defeats the purpose. Does anyone else have these and do they have backing on the brains?
Thanks
[quoted image]
EDIT: ok if you have it on cycling colours, the brains appear when it’s not red. So that’s cool. Just was planning to leave it on red. Now not sure. Would like to know what others have.

Have the same acrylic frame kit - and with the red colored light it looks pretty cool and detailed enough for me.

#9508 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Have the same acrylic frame kit - and with the red colored light it looks pretty cool and detailed enough for me.

Ok. So you see the brains when it’s red. I don’t. So you must have backing behind the brains bit as well. I will reach out to the supplier. Thanks!

EDIT. Looked on speaker light kits site, there are 2 versions. One is black which silhouettes with red light nicely, but isn’t that visible when it’s off. The red mirror one which I have does seem to have no backing where the brains are so is not designed for constant red light. But gives an animation when it cycles. I’ve asked Doug to confirm.

Doug says yes. The red acrylic does not have a backing on the brains bit to allow it to animate with cycling colours.

#9509 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok. So you see the brains when it’s red. I don’t. So you must have backing behind the brains bit as well. I will reach out to the supplier. Thanks!
EDIT. Looked on speaker light kits site, there are 2 versions. One is black which silhouettes with red light nicely, but isn’t that visible when it’s off. The red mirror one which I have does seem to have no backing where the brains are so is not designed for constant red light. But gives an animation when it cycles. I’ve asked Doug to confirm.
Doug says yes. The red acrylic does not have a backing on the brains bit to allow it to animate with cycling colours.

You could probably stick some electrical tape on the back of the brain splat area, trim it to size with an exact-o knife and that would block the light. I've never tried that myself...then again, I've got multiple complements on the etched splatter and no complaints.

#9510 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You could probably stick some electrical tape on the back of the brain splat area, trim it to size with an exact-o knife and that would block the light. I've never tried that myself...then again, I've got multiple complements on the etched splatter and no complaints.

Thanks Doug. More a case of not realising it did this. My ignorance to blame. I like it now. Cool effect.

#9511 3 years ago

Have links (and videos?) of the two speaker/acryllic sets you're talking about? I am especially curious about the animations.

#9512 3 years ago

Ok. Will post once I remember how to YouTube.

#9514 3 years ago

Thanks Doug!!! Hopefully some more people will get these great acrylics because of my confusion. They’re very cool!

Best bang for bucks.

#9515 3 years ago

WOO! Got to Horde mode for the first time today! (after owning for a year... yeah, I suck)

And then choked, getting only 8M points...

At least I didn't choke before getting to Horde -- almost did. Was on 2nd ball, went for the Woodbury shot, missed, SDTM.... So got to see some new animations!

#9516 3 years ago

Didn't see it specifically mentioned, but you can't collect the EB during multiball. That may be what is happening on the posts I'm seeing about EB not collecting. It may be a setting, but on all the TWDs I've played on route, it behaves this way. EB must be collected during single ball play.

#9517 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

WOO! Got to Horde mode for the first time today! (after owning for a year... yeah, I suck)

I'm ashamed to admit how long it has been since I've made it to Horde.

#9518 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Didn't see it specifically mentioned, but you can't collect the EB during multiball. That may be what is happening on the posts I'm seeing about EB not collecting. It may be a setting, but on all the TWDs I've played on route, it behaves this way. EB must be collected during single ball play.

I thought you could collect during extra ball but if there is a ball in the shooter lane or if it recently just left the shooter lane and the ball save was still on it wouldn’t register.

#9519 3 years ago

I’ve never seen a single TWD behave this way unless there’s balls being autolaunched or if ball save is still running. Once the dust settles, collect away.

#9520 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve never seen a single TWD behave this way unless there’s balls being autolaunched or if ball save is still running. Once the dust settles, collect away.

Hmmmm. I must be incorrect. I trust your knowledge.

#9521 3 years ago

Hmmmm. I must be incorrect. I trust your knowledge.

Now I will say I can’t prove it at the moment, but I’ve never experienced an instance (outside of early code), when you were completely locked out of earning a EB during MB. Hopefully someone with the game can confirm.

#9522 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now I will say I can’t prove it at the moment, but I’ve never experienced an instance (outside of early code), when you were completely locked out of earning a EB during MB. Hopefully someone with the game can confirm.

It could be that I was playing games with early code.

#9523 3 years ago

It could be that I was playing games with early code.

I played one just last year in Lexington that had day one code on it. Haha. So weird.

#9524 3 years ago

You can collect for sure EB during MB but not while the balls are being launched. As soon as they have launched you can shoot Woodbury and collect the EB

100% sure this is the case on latest code.

#9525 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You can collect for sure EB during MB but not while the balls are being launched. As soon as they have launched you can shoot Woodbury and collect the EB
100% sure this is the case on latest code.

I thought ball save had to be off too though, no?

#9526 3 years ago

Correct

#9527 3 years ago

Yep. Confirmed over here too. As soon as ball save was off, EB was able to be collected.

#9528 3 years ago

Was wondering if anybody had installed Pinstadiums in their Walking Dead Pro at all?
Thinking of doing this on mine. Anybody have playfield pics with it installed.

#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

Was wondering if anybody had installed Pinstadiums in their Walking Dead Pro at all?

i really don't think you need it.

#9530 3 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

Don't do it - ruins the feel of the dark ambient

#9531 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Confirmed over here too. As soon as ball save was off, EB was able to be collected.

otherwise you would be collecting the eb just by draining a ball during the multiballs. no need to make this creampuff of a game any easier!!

#9532 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

otherwise you would be collecting the eb just by draining a ball during the multiballs. no need to make this creampuff of a game any easier!!

Well I guess I play more of the premium. You can add logic to make sure the spinner is hit before the EB switch. Pro that’s a fair point. No way to do that.

#9533 3 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

I think this is one of the best lit games. Except when crossbow starts!

#9534 3 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

TWD is the only game that I haven't installed Pinstadiums on. As others say, it would ruin the dark ambient mood of the game. I've even replaced all of the stock cool white bulbs in the GI and inserts with Comet Sunlight to darken the mood and give it a bit more grit.

#9535 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

TWD is the only game that I haven't installed Pinstadiums on. As others say, it would ruin the dark ambient mood of the game. I've even replaced all of the stock cool white bulbs in the GI and inserts with Comet Sunlight to darken the mood and give it a bit more grit.

I did the Comet Sunlight change also. Looks totally sick.
Thanks for the opinion on the Pinstadiums and agree that it might ruin the ambience of the game. Just thinking about LMS and how important the light show is for just that.

#9536 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I love them.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Yeah I had mine on cycling through all colours.

#9537 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Yeah I had mine on cycling through all colours.

Thanks. Doug got back to me and posted a nice gif.

#9538 3 years ago

LMS? Seriously you will probably never see LMS.

Quoted from pintuck:

I did the Comet Sunlight change also. Looks totally sick.
Thanks for the opinion on the Pinstadiums and agree that it might ruin the ambience of the game. Just thinking about LMS and how important the light show is for just that.

#9539 3 years ago

I’m sure he meant horde.

#9540 3 years ago

*SOLD* Price reduced on my Laseriffic TWD topper ($100). It's too tall for my new space and is sitting in the box!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/101775

#9541 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m sure he meant horde.

Yes Chuck. Horde is what I meant.

#9542 3 years ago

"Keep movin' and keep shootin'!"

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball Home use only Low plays No playfield wear apart from light/normal dimpling No shooter lane wear Mods: * Shaker * Upgra...”
2020-09-07
Minneapolis, MN
5,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 566 times

#9543 3 years ago

Just changed my translite to the pro one and think it's an improvement.

Btw my premium translite has a glossy finish on the graphic side whereas the pro is a matt. Is this normally the case with pro and premium translites

IMG20200925122538 (resized).jpgIMG20200925122538 (resized).jpgIMG20200925122622 (resized).jpgIMG20200925122622 (resized).jpg
#9544 3 years ago

That is one mad topper ...
does it light up ?
it would scare the crap out of kids

#9545 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

That is one mad topper ...
does it light up ?
it would scare the crap out of kids

Nah but thinking of lighting up that eye ball that's popped out. It wiggles when you shake the game

#9546 3 years ago

Bought my TWD LE a couple weeks ago and it has been a great compliment to my other pin, a Jurassic Park pro. The game can be frustrating at times, but when you get a good game going it is so rewarding. I'm just now getting a handle on the code. My plan was to get used to the original soundtrack then try the cleland audio, but went to cleland after only a week or so and glad I did - it really does add to the game. I am so glad I don't have to feed quarters into it as I'm constantly hitting the start button.

A deep clean, wax job, and new balls made the magnets a lot more active, I rarely have prison magnet sdtm releases any longer. I put some little rubber nubs made to keep cabinet doors from slamming under the bicycle girl ramp it has worked great, they fit perfectly. I need to buy the bicycle girl cliffy for the playfield underneath the ramp as there is some damage from where the rivets hit the playfield. Also, there is a little playfield damage underneath the well walker where it looks like the ball is slamming down either after hitting the walker or from the magnet - can't really tell. I am planning to putting down some mylar but still contemplating the shape of the piece I want to put there.

The game came with a red cointaker shakers that was way too intense, so I put on a PWM motor controller and turned it down to a level that works great for me. I also had to cutoff the end of the shooter gate so it didn't get stuck on the screw. I tried the washer under the screw trick mentioned on this forum, but it didn't allow the gate to open and close smoothly - a dremel with cutoff wheel was quick and easy. Pinside has been so valuable in me getting this machine dialed in.

Not sure if anyone is still reading this, but if you are I have a couple of questions:

1) Has anyone put down mylar in front of the well walker? What was the general shape of the piece? Did you wrap around the sides of the walker? Did you incorporate the magnet into your mylar shape, meaning go around the magnet. I assume you wouldn't want to mylar over the magnet.

2) Has anyone found that new balls make the magnet more active? How often do you replace them? Because I cleaned really well and then waxed at the same time as the new balls, I can't tell if the increased action is from new balls not being magnetized or just the clean and waxed playfield.

Really glad I joined the club. Debated a long time as to what I wanted as my second pin, as my wife says I can only have two at a time, and glad I went with this one.

#9547 3 years ago

Set a new GC score and #walkers and barn high score. Got really close to starting second Horde mode And I think i had bloodbath twice as well. So fun. Just seemed like i was in the zone and was hitting shots with ease.

8ADF1190-F28B-43AE-9955-833CEE4BD146 (resized).jpeg8ADF1190-F28B-43AE-9955-833CEE4BD146 (resized).jpeg
1855990C-65E6-49AA-938E-4DC6EE7A2802 (resized).jpeg1855990C-65E6-49AA-938E-4DC6EE7A2802 (resized).jpeg
3641BCF7-9BEA-46C9-B6FF-64F343D3C328 (resized).jpeg3641BCF7-9BEA-46C9-B6FF-64F343D3C328 (resized).jpeg

#9548 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Set a new GC score and #walkers and barn high score. Got really close to starting second Horde mode And I think i had bloodbath twice as well. So fun. Just seemed like i was in the zone and was hitting shots with ease.

Woah, did you make LMS??? I've never come close. I think the best I've made is around 70

#9549 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Woah, did you make LMS??? I've never come close. I think the best I've made is around 70

I don’t think so. Not sure what the count for LMS is. If I did I missed it.

Rick

#9550 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I don’t think so. Not sure what the count for LMS is.

Isn't it 115 on default settings? I think you were right there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/191?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.