IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 236.
#9451 3 years ago

There’s a light associated with the walker head for the prison right? Tap into that.

#9452 3 years ago

OK I've tried everything to get my xbow to be more reliable and have failed imo. So I want to try and replace the cherry switch on the ball in position sw. Not sw 50 or 51 just yet.

Now I don't have the same brand in my stash but have the following two. Pic 3 is what's hooked up ATM. Would one of these two switches be compatible? Photo 1 with White actuator looks like its similar spec T85 where as photo 2 green actuator is T120. Or do I need to buy from stern at a silly price of nearly $50aud postage included

IMG_20200829_143946 (resized).jpgIMG_20200829_143946 (resized).jpgIMG_20200829_144029 (resized).jpgIMG_20200829_144029 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200829_143726 (resized).jpgIMG_20200829_143726 (resized).jpg

IMG20200829143309 (resized).jpgIMG20200829143309 (resized).jpg

#9453 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Better, More Creative Pin-Stadium Triggers for TWD?
Just wondering what better triggers users of Pin Stadiums have found on TWD.
Yeah, we all know about tying the flasher portion of Pin Stadiums to the Well Walker's flasher, but I would rather try something new. My original hope was to tie the lights to the Prison Walker Head's switch, but, sadly, one can't tie the lights to any switch on the matrix. Gotta choose a 4V-24 lamp or power source that's not on the matrix. What's working for you?
Thanks.

I would throw those pinstadiums out.. our group of friends really think it's the uggliest thing ever
People talking about 'what shoud I add next' gives me this image in my head..

car (resized).pngcar (resized).png
#9454 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I would throw those pinstadiums out.. our group of friends really think it's the uggliest thing ever
People talking about 'what shoud I add next' gives me this image in my head..[quoted image]

That is AWESOME!!!!

#9455 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

OK I've tried everything to get my xbow to be more reliable and have failed imo. So I want to try and replace the cherry switch on the ball in position sw. Not sw 50 or 51 just yet.
Now I don't have the same brand in my stash but have the following two. Pic 3 is what's hooked up ATM. Would one of these two switches be compatible? Photo 1 with White actuator looks like its similar spec T85 where as photo 2 green actuator is T120. Or do I need to buy from stern at a silly price of nearly $50aud postage included
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The switches you have should be fine. Pop it in the game and see.

#9456 3 years ago

For those playing at home. I have had about a year of Xbow intermintent fails with times of few fails and days of lots. The symptom I had was the xbow would come off home slightly, stop, and then proceed to empty xbow itself.

Well I finally decided to replace the ball loaded in xbow switch diode. After 30 plus xbow loads during gameplay I have had no fails at all. I have switched the game off and on and still not fails. Early days but I'm feeling pretty confident after trying all the other fixes presented here.

So before going to the expense of replacing the motor mech try the diode and or switch beforehand.

#9457 3 years ago

Quick question, has anyone experienced an occasional multi-color flicker/strobe effect. It acts like a bad connection, but I'm unsure what to check. It is not constant and seems to be centralized to the Tunnel shot and surrounding lights in particular and only happens randomly.

I will try to get some pictures next time it happens if this is too vague a description. This is a LE version also. I am hoping it is easy to fix like the the strobe effect problem on the Metallica, all I had to do there was play with the connectors and it fixed it.

#9458 3 years ago

There’s a tiny connector on the big light board under the playfield. Towards the flippers. Find that and reseat it.

#9459 3 years ago

I will check that, thanks a lot! TWD is my favorite pin. It is terribly upsetting when she kicks my ass, but even more so when it doesn't function properly.

#9460 3 years ago

Does anyone know what battery TWD takes? Im not home and just remembered I need to order one.

Thanks!

#9461 3 years ago

Hey TWD fans - I'm selling my Laseriffic topper. It's too tall for my space.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/101775

#9462 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know what battery TWD takes? Im not home and just remembered I need to order one.
Thanks!

According to the manual CR2430.

Must admit I am a little bit surprised it isn’t a cr2032 but the manual states this very clear. Replace with power on to retain the settings.

#9463 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

According to the manual CR2430.
Must admit I am a little bit surprised it isn’t a cr2032 but the manual states this very clear. Replace with power on to retain the settings.

Thank you!

#9464 3 years ago

Hey Chuck, after many games the problem appears to be gone and that looks like the issue, thanks again.

#9465 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Hey Chuck, after many games the problem appears to be gone and that looks like the issue, thanks again.

Sweet! Happy to help. I would recommend to use some sort of zip tie or hot glue to hold that in place if it keeps wiggling loose. Pretty common issue.

#9466 3 years ago

Hi all,

I've noticed a strange problem with my pro. When I plunge the ball and try to time it for the skill shot I noticed that my star rollovers register but it doesn't hold? Therefore, it is impossible to get the skill shot. It's been challenging to try and fix as it lights up when the ball rolls over it but doesn't stay on for the skill shot/plunge. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#9467 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Hi all,
I've noticed a strange problem with my pro. When I plunge the ball and try to time it for the skill shot I noticed that my star rollovers register but it doesn't hold? Therefore, it is impossible to get the skill shot. It's been challenging to try and fix as it lights up when the ball rolls over it but doesn't stay on for the skill shot/plunge. I hope that makes sense.
Thanks in advance for any help.

This is a fairly common problem with this title. I've seen some folks twist or somehow alter their star rollovers. That seems to work. I have the same issue on mine, but it's actually 'more skillful' with mine. With my set-up, you have to time the shot, but also not fire the ball too fast. The 'slow plunge' allows my star rollovers to register.

Maybe give the 'slow plunge' method a try and see if that works (somewhat)? If not, then you can start making adjustments.

Cheers from Edmonton,

Winston.

#9468 3 years ago

I played about 10 games on my TWD Premium today. It was cruel as usual - balls being thrown to the outlanes left and right, drains from the pops, the unforgiving missed shots, the mean prison magnet, the meaner Bicycle Girl ramp.

Yet ... getting Bloodbath going, on top of Well Walker multiball, on top of Riot. The audio (w/ Cleland), the lighting, the total vibe!

I loved it!

#9469 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I played about 10 games on my TWD Premium today. It was cruel as usual - balls being thrown to the outlanes left and right, drains from the pops, the unforgiving missed shots, the mean prison magnet, the meaner Bicycle Girl ramp.
Yet ... getting Bloodbath going, on top of Well Walker multiball, on top of Riot. The audio (w/ Cleland), the lighting, the total vibe!
I loved it!

Recently added Dialed In and Tron which are amazing games too so have been neglecting my TWD, thanks for the reminder I will be having a few drinks tonight and getting my backside kicked as usual on this. Not so easy peesy lemon squeezy!!!

#9470 3 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

This is a fairly common problem with this title. I've seen some folks twist or somehow alter their star rollovers. That seems to work. I have the same issue on mine, but it's actually 'more skillful' with mine. With my set-up, you have to time the shot, but also not fire the ball too fast. The 'slow plunge' allows my star rollovers to register.
Maybe give the 'slow plunge' method a try and see if that works (somewhat)? If not, then you can start making adjustments.
Cheers from Edmonton,
Winston.

Thanks for the help! What do you mean by twisting the rollovers? Unfortunately even slow plunging works intermittently.

#9471 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Thanks for the help! What do you mean by twisting the rollovers? Unfortunately even slow plunging works intermittently.

Unmount the rollover, rotate it 180 degrees and mount it again. I needed to do this to one of my rollovers for it to register.

#9472 3 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Cheers from Edmonton,
Winston.

The reason the slow plunge works is because the first rollover is slightly above the playfield causing the ball to ”hop” a bit and glide over the second rollover a bit too high to register fully. Had this problem on mine and after lowering the first rollover by a very tiny bit, i never have this problem.

Funny thing, is now I miss that you had to be skillful with the plunge like you said... just slow enough to not hop. Now, a fast full plunge will get it every time but definitely not as “skillful” as it used to be.

#9473 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

The reason the slow plunge works is because the first rollover is slightly above the playfield causing the ball to ”hop” a bit and glide over the second rollover a bit too high to register fully. Had this problem on mine and after lowering the first rollover by a very tiny bit, i never have this problem.
Funny thing, is now I miss that you had to be skillful with the plunge like you said... just slow enough to not hop. Now, a fast full plunge will get it every time but definitely not as “skillful” as it used to be.

I am a hacker,I scroll to get the best option for the right rollover and fire away

#9474 3 years ago

Inspire by jasonjehosophat I switched out the white bumper bodies and skirts.
I was going to do translucent red for both but the black for the skirt looked badass so went with that along with the trans red body and red inlane guides

20200907_145428 (resized).jpg20200907_145428 (resized).jpg20200907_145441 (resized).jpg20200907_145441 (resized).jpg20200907_145417 (resized).jpg20200907_145417 (resized).jpg
#9475 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I am a hacker,I scroll to get the best option for the right rollover and fire away

yup... that’s the way to do it!

#9476 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

This only works for Woodbury skill plunge. There is no scroll option on the initial skill shot for each ball for the STAR rollovers.

#9477 3 years ago

deleted - dup post oops

#9478 3 years ago

Joining the club on Saturday if everything goes according to plan. Will probably be looking to get a new set of balls and rubber kit. I've never owned a game with a magnet, are there balls that are preferred for games with them?

#9479 3 years ago

You need carbon steel balls.

#9480 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

For those playing at home. I have had about a year of Xbow intermintent fails with times of few fails and days of lots. The symptom I had was the xbow would come off home slightly, stop, and then proceed to empty xbow itself.
Well I finally decided to replace the ball loaded in xbow switch diode. After 30 plus xbow loads during gameplay I have had no fails at all. I have switched the game off and on and still not fails. Early days but I'm feeling pretty confident after trying all the other fixes presented here.
So before going to the expense of replacing the motor mech try the diode and or switch beforehand.

Good for you to sleuth out that fix!
Thanks for sharing, in case any of the rest of us end up in that position, too.

#9481 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Joining the club on Saturday if everything goes according to plan. Will probably be looking to get a new set of balls and rubber kit. I've never owned a game with a magnet, are there balls that are preferred for games with them?

Good for you!
Do you have your game set up?
How are you liking having your a__ handed to you?
I wish I could recommend truly shiny carbon-steel balls, but the only shiny balls I know are either Titan Super-Shiny or Ball Baron's Super-Ninja, and both are chromium steel. Ball Baron's carbon steel balls are okay, but not all that shiny. I would say that Pinball Life's common pinball is a *wee* bit shinier and, thankfully, it's carbon steel.

#9482 3 years ago

My Worst Mode:

I seem to always botch Arena. My Arena high score is well below the high score for any of the other modes.
I think this is the result of shooting Arena late after starting the mode and hitting Woodbury instead, instantly ending the mode. A one-and-done kind of thing. It's rare that I can hit a fistful of Arena ramps - and even rarer to do it while the mode is running! How about you? My record is probably four Arena ramps and then Woodbury. Maybe only three!

#9483 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Inspire by jasonjehosophat I switched out the white bumper bodies and skirts.
I was going to do translucent red for both but the black for the skirt looked badass so went with that along with the trans red body and red inlane guides[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, fork!
Those black skirts look superfly!
Awesome choice!
I may have to do a switch-a-roo!
Great photos!

#9484 3 years ago

Struggling with Cheap Drains!

I'm getting too many cheap SDTM drains from Arena ramp rejects. They happen when the ball gets tossed up there by the left sling just ten inches or so. Then it comes back with just the right trajectory to go SDTM. I find this happens once per game if not more. Plenty of examples of TWD rarely have this problem as their Arena ramps are mounted in a way that the ball gets a healthy bump from the Woodbury bumper as it comes back down into the playfield. I don't want to remount the ramp as I don't dare drill any additional holes. You can't really mount a one-way gate there at the foot of the ramp to stop/redirect the return because a return from the peak of the ramp would destroy it. I mean, I don't know of another ramp in pinball that is quite so long as Arena. A reject from the peak comes back like sledgehammer!

#9485 3 years ago

First Time Ever!

CDC shot that went to the crest of the ramp behind the back panel and came to rest. I had to jostle the game to encourage it on its way to the return side! That ever happen to you?

Oh, and I recently had the ball stall/park on the peak of a rollover lane. That was a mind blower!

#9486 3 years ago

First Time Ever!
CDC shot that went to the crest of the ramp behind the back panel and came to rest. I had to jostle the game to encourage it on its way to the return side! That ever happen to you?
Oh, and I recently had the ball stall/park on the peak of a rollover lane. That was a mind blower!

I've had it sit on top of the roll over lane divider and the pop underneath them. Never had it sit behind the back panel. What's your pitch and side to side?

#9487 3 years ago

My Worst Mode:
I seem to always botch Arena. My Arena high score is well below the high score for any of the other modes.
I think this is the result of shooting Arena late after starting the mode and hitting Woodbury instead, instantly ending the mode. A one-and-done kind of thing. It's rare that I can hit a fistful of Arena ramps - and even rarer to do it while the mode is running! How about you? My record is probably four Arena ramps and then Woodbury. Maybe only three!

Arena has been my best - 62m. I know that's nothing compared to others, but great for me. My others are around 20m. Tunnel shits me though.

#9488 3 years ago

I'm still having trouble understanding how to exit the Horde. I finished it a couple times where the flippers dropped and the ball was returned to the shooter lane. But I was never able to exit the Horde with a Woodbury shot, though I made the shot many times, with one or two balls in play, after finishing at least 3 rounds of kills. What's the deal here? I'm on version 1.56.

Also, hard prisons shots don't register consistently. Maybe 1 out of 3 shots. I have a carbon-like magnet protector and I seem to recall seeing somewhere it could be part of the problem. I hesitate to take it out if it's not going to make a difference.

#9489 3 years ago

Bought my pro nib off the first load at GOT PINBALL,florida amusement brokers here in Florida.
Noticed a "glitch" that the shot for extra ball, during multiball, will be returned to play with no ball added. There was a stubborn code install on the first code update and I ended up talking with a tech that said he had never heard of this.
extra ball addition works as it should when not in multiball.
Well , In spite of this being my only SS game as I have existed in the world of EMs all these years right up to the present, this glitch is still present today. It has the latest code updates as we have gone along for these years . has no other real issue, and I love the game.
Thoughts please?
thank you, I apologize if this is a redundant topic. this is my back yard neighbor.

1532813014521 (resized).jpg1532813014521 (resized).jpg
#9490 3 years ago

Don’t shoot the EB shot while balls are still being autolaunched. The switch is turned off during that. The EB should award outside of that situation.

#9491 3 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

hard prisons shots don't register consistently. Maybe 1 out of 3 shots. I have a carbon-like magnet protector and I seem to recall seeing somewhere it could be part of the problem. I hesitate to take it out if it's not going to make a difference.

It is the carbon cliffy for sure. Remove it. You can use a piece of dental floss to pull underneath the lip to make sure that you don’t damage the playfield when removing. Then just remove any remaining glue.

#9492 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t shoot the EB shot while balls are still being autolaunched. The switch is turned off during that. The EB should award outside of that situation.

In addition, if the ball save is active, I don't think you get the EB either.

#9493 3 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

I'm still having trouble understanding how to exit the Horde. I finished it a couple times where the flippers dropped and the ball was returned to the shooter lane. But I was never able to exit the Horde with a Woodbury shot, though I made the shot many times, with one or two balls in play, after finishing at least 3 rounds of kills. What's the deal here? I'm on version 1.56.
Also, hard prisons shots don't register consistently. Maybe 1 out of 3 shots. I have a carbon-like magnet protector and I seem to recall seeing somewhere it could be part of the problem. I hesitate to take it out if it's not going to make a difference.

you are not "finishing" horde when the flippers go dead but getting " bit" . I would update to the latest code 1.6 as I think the horde escape through woodbury shot was only added recently to the code

#9494 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

you are not "finishing" horde when the flippers go dead but getting " bit" . I would update to the latest code 1.6 as I think the horde escape through woodbury shot was only added recently to the code

Thanks a lot. I updated the code and I'll see how it works. I wasn't getting a bit message or loosing a ball so I wasn't all that clear as to what was going on.

#9495 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

It is the carbon cliffy for sure. Remove it. You can use a piece of dental floss to pull underneath the lip to make sure that you don’t damage the playfield when removing. Then just remove any remaining glue.

Protector removed with some floss and the shots are registering fine!

#9496 3 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

I think the chance to "escape" Horde is qualified by clearing a few waves of Walkers. You might even be able to set the number of waves in the S.P.I. game settings in the Service Menu.

#9497 3 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Protector removed with some floss and the shots are registering fine!

Good that you licked that issue.
I find it hard to imagine that the Cliffy launches the ball above the opto's beam, but apparently it does!

#9498 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

In addition, if the ball save is active, I don't think you get the EB either.

I concur that EB's are often *not* awarded. Like, the shot is lit, and I hit it, and it's not awarded. I chalk this up to confusion. By that I mean, the code can't process the award because at that moment something else is happening concurrently and it's overload for the processor. Something like that. It happens to me once in a few games, for sure.

#9499 3 years ago
Quoted from weeze:

<snip>this is my back yard neighbor.
[quoted image]

Is he your house guest from time to time?

#9500 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Arena has been my best - 62m. I know that's nothing compared to others, but great for me. My others are around 20m. Tunnel shits me though.

62M for your best! Nice work!
Bowen mentions in his tutorial that the points available in Arena are scant and he doesn't invest much effort in the mode. Ditto: BG.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
There are 11,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/190?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.