IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 236.
#9351 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

that's why you need the horde! [quoted image]

oh thats awesome! Is that for sale somewhere? Would love to have that.

#9352 3 years ago

i made thread on the mod page for the horde mod, let me know if you have any questions

https://pinside.com/pinball/connect/pinsidemail/4315548?m=4317580

Added over 4 years ago:

correct link, I have no idea where that other link came from!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-horde-mod#post-5787555

#9353 3 years ago

anyone with spare bike girl mod?

#9354 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

i made thread on the mod page for the horde mod, let me know if you have any questions
https://pinside.com/pinball/connect/pinsidemail/4315548?m=4317580

Is it just me or does this link not work

#9355 3 years ago

This game is really starting to annoy me. First ball I had 71 walkers killed and two extra balls stacked. I ended the game with......73 walkers killed.

#9356 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Is it just me or does this link not work

updated link

#9357 3 years ago

Thank you

#9358 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

This game is really starting to annoy me. First ball I had 71 walkers killed and two extra balls stacked. I ended the game with......73 walkers killed.

Welcome to TWD.
Open coin door.
Insert fleshy appendage of your choice.
Slam coin door.
Repeat.

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Yikes. Haha

#9360 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

So, you killed 2 walkers with 4 balls..? That is seriously impressive.

#9361 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Yah tell me about it. Only game I played last night. After that impressive display I turned it off. I did get Horde on one of those balls, but you don't kill walkers during horde.

#9362 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Yah tell me about it. Only game I played last night. After that impressive display I turned it off. I did get Horde on one of those balls, but you don't kill walkers during horde.

That rule is so lame.

#9363 3 years ago

Had a pro a few years ago and liked it so much I upgraded to an LE. Traded my LE 2 years ago for a Iron Maiden pro for routing.

Met my current girlfriend because of said Iron Maiden on route. She’s a huge TWD and Norman Reedus fan, so I had to get another pro. Very doubtful I’ll be leaving this club again, I’ve missed this game

D45EBD58-0050-4D38-AFD3-0DCDEC42906A (resized).jpegD45EBD58-0050-4D38-AFD3-0DCDEC42906A (resized).jpeg
#9364 3 years ago

It's 5am and i've been a member of your club for 10 mins. Yippee, looking forward to my first sight of the machine in the flesh.

pb54 (resized).jpgpb54 (resized).jpg

#9365 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Had a pro a few years ago and liked it so much I upgraded to an LE. Traded my LE 2 years ago for a Iron Maiden pro for routing.
Met my current girlfriend because of said Iron Maiden on route. She’s a huge TWD and Norman Reedus fan, so I had to get another pro. Very doubtful I’ll be leaving this club again, I’ve missed this game
[quoted image]

Your gf might like this pic if she has not seen it before,there a few other shots on the interweb as well

20190920_144217 (resized).jpg20190920_144217 (resized).jpg

#9366 3 years ago

That guy has looked like he got stung by a wasp under each eye, for a decade now.

#9367 3 years ago

Could someone PM a link to the R rated Tool mix for the pro? I'm only finding expired links manually searching.

Also is there a DIY fishtank mod for the pro, a specific action figure set that includes it? I see a $60 light up option from the Modfather and a $150 3d fishtank elsewhere.

#9368 3 years ago

Some of us wanted a fishtank like the premium/LE so we combined the mezelmod
https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro
and the fishtank from the dvd box set with a self made bracket for mounting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/135#post-4477997

Quoted from Taygeta:

Could someone PM a link to the R rated Tool mix for the pro? I'm only finding expired links manually searching.
Also is there a DIY fishtank mod for the pro, a specific action figure set that includes it? I see a $60 light up option from the Modfather and a $150 3d fishtank elsewhere.

#9369 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I would also very much appreciate this and happy to chip into the original persons PP account for it if that's the done thing. I found the Cleland one, but havn't got the r rated cleland combined with the other music.

Somoenes already done the fish tank mod on my machine. Funny, it came with a spanish rule card and an english pricing card.

pb55 (resized).jpgpb55 (resized).jpg

#9370 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I would also very much appreciate this and happy to chip into the original persons PP account for it if that's the done thing. I found the Cleland one, but havn't got the r rated cleland combined with the other music.
Somoenes already done the fish tank mod on my machine. Funny, it came with a spanish rule card and an english pricing card.
[quoted image]

Check the back of the instruction card for English

#9371 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Check the back of the instruction card for English

Thanks, never thought about that. All my games have custom cards from Coindropper anyway so i'll be going that route.

#9372 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

not-mad-amazed (resized).pngnot-mad-amazed (resized).png
#9373 3 years ago

Three days later and y'all still rubbing salt in the wounds? The next day I had flashbacks of doing it again. Not quite as bad, but this time I had 65 kills on ball 1 and ended with 85 after 2 extra balls and balls 2 & 3.

My issue seems to be that I get prison multiball, well walker multiball, and blood bath all on the first ball, then it feels like there's nothing easy left to shoot at. I guess you can get those multiple times in a game, but I haven't done so often.

#9374 3 years ago

Just had my best game to date cut off at 114m by the ball skipping off the arena ramp onto the bicycle ramp then coming back down sdtm. Was getting some speed up with a few loops during a Multikill. So a bit annoyed. It’s pinball, I know. My previous high scoring game ended when the ball came off the wire form return from arena into the left outlane. So I bent the top spikes up a bit and put some washers under the wireform return to raise it up a bit. So I know the RV mod no longer available. I don’t think the baseball bat mod would fix it. Will look through to see other ideas for shields. Any help appreciated.

#9375 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just had my best game to date cut off at 114m by the ball skipping off the arena ramp onto the bicycle ramp then coming back down sdtm. Was getting some speed up with a few loops during a Multikill. So a bit annoyed. It’s pinball, I know. My previous high scoring game ended when the ball came off the wire form return from arena into the left outlane. So I bent the top spikes up a bit and put some washers under the wireform return to raise it up a bit. So I know the RV mod no longer available. I don’t think the baseball bat mod would fix it. Will look through to see other ideas for shields. Any help appreciated.

I don't know about this particular issue, but I get more airballs with TWD than any other game I've played. It's common if I miss the CDC/Bicycle girl ramp for the ball to jump over the well walker into the pop bumper area.

#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I don't know about this particular issue, but I get more airballs with TWD than any other game I've played. It's common if I miss the CDC/Bicycle girl ramp for the ball to jump over the well walker into the pop bumper area.

Mine did that, too. I put a flipper rubber around the well walker and it stopped. Improves playing, also.

#9377 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

The arena ramp jump over to the bicycle ramp above the pops has been documented by 3 other pinsiders on this forum but no solutions as yet. I will try to rig up a plastic shield. This game does get some speed. Also my riot shot does skip over into the tunnel orbit when it gets speed. Shouldn’t have polished the bitch.

#9378 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The arena ramp jump over to the bicycle ramp above the pops has been documented by 3 other pinsiders on this forum but no solutions as yet. I will try to rig up a plastic shield. This game does get some speed. Also my riot shot does skip over into the tunnel orbit when it gets speed. Shouldn’t have polished the bitch.

I've made a shield that seems to work. Had real issues making one because once made you find the ball fouls on some part of it or rejects going up the ramp etc. My latest failed as well but I have now now fastened a point of it to the ramp and show are sweet. I'll photograph it tomorrow if you like.

#9379 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but I had balls flying off the arena/crossbow ramp in the area pictured. I put some magnetic tape along the sidewall of the ramp and it completely eliminated the problem.
38F83602-D21A-4E4E-96B3-676C6A7BC415 (resized).jpeg38F83602-D21A-4E4E-96B3-676C6A7BC415 (resized).jpeg

#9380 3 years ago

Great idea. A piece of lexan above that part of the ramp will work too.

#9381 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I've made a shield that seems to work. Had real issues making one because once made you find the ball fouls on some part of it or rejects going up the ramp etc. My latest failed as well but I have now now fastened a point of it to the ramp and show are sweet. I'll photograph it tomorrow if you like.

Thanks. Would be great to see. Thanks also for the warning about the rejects.

Quoted from Lermods:

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but I had balls flying off the arena/crossbow ramp in the area pictured. I put some magnetic tape along the sidewall of the ramp and it completely eliminated the problem.
[quoted image]

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great idea. A piece of lexan above that part of the ramp will work too.

Thanks for the help, great suggestions but wrong spot. My bad for not including a photo!

I have also had it from the return and also the wireform at the inlane. The barn mod will hopefully fix the former and I put a few washers under the wireform to fix.

The place I’m getting ball jumping out of the arena ramp is over the rightmost pop just about where the shooter lane exit is. Happens on about the third Or fourth arena and/or tunnel loop. Once the ball gets up speed and then hit the arena ramp again it skips out.

D57A9E4E-CC3D-4DE6-8CB4-2E9E12C6C86F (resized).jpegD57A9E4E-CC3D-4DE6-8CB4-2E9E12C6C86F (resized).jpeg
#9382 3 years ago

Weird. Not sure what would cause that. Put a roof there too. Haha

#9383 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weird. Not sure what would cause that. Put a roof there too. Haha

It was a WTF moment. Skips into the bicycle ramp return at that point then travels up and around to exit at bicycle girl ramp entrance and SDTM. happens so quick, almost too quick for the eye to see. I think it would be a rare thing, but will happen when you’re getting a really good rhythm and something critical like crossbow. As I said others have experienced it. As the poster above mentioned putting a shield there can result in rejects so have to be careful.

It is an awesome game.

#9384 3 years ago

“You bunch of pussies!”

DE22AE7E-A999-4FAF-8C0D-614BC736D308 (resized).jpegDE22AE7E-A999-4FAF-8C0D-614BC736D308 (resized).jpeg
#9385 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It was a WTF moment. Skips into the bicycle ramp return at that point then travels up and around to exit at bicycle girl ramp entrance and SDTM. happens so quick, almost too quick for the eye to see. I think it would be a rare thing, but will happen when you’re getting a really good rhythm and something critical like crossbow. As I said others have experienced it. As the poster above mentioned putting a shield there can result in rejects so have to be careful.
It is an awesome game.

Yep I get shots that come from the right loop, tunnel shot and I hit it sweet and the ball can fly and hit the fish tank at the back end of the playfield. Here is my most recent design and it seems good with no rejects but I'm in early days of testing. I did have the roof go all the way to the entrance and that caused a lot of rejects.

IMG20200815124134 (resized).jpgIMG20200815124134 (resized).jpg

#9386 3 years ago

Btw here's my topper I finally got lit up
IMG20200814184708 (resized).jpgIMG20200814184708 (resized).jpg

#9387 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Yep I get shots that come from the right loop, tunnel shot and I hit it sweet and the ball can fly and hit the fish tank at the back end of the playfield. Here is my most recent design and it seems good with no rejects but I'm in early days of testing. I did have the roof go all the way to the entrance and that caused a lot of rejects.
[quoted image]

Wow. That’s bigger than I thought. I guess you have to connect it with the existing screws. It looks good. Do you want to sell one to me???

Thanks for posting. I shall have a crack. Great to see there is a solution. Shame there is no mod that fixes this. I know there are the train tracks, but wrong ramp. Thanks again!

Sick topper by the way. As if the pin wasn’t scary enough!

#9388 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wow. That’s bigger than I thought. I guess you have to connect it with the existing screws. It looks good. Do you want to sell one to me???

Thanks for posting. I shall have a crack. Great to see there is a solution. Shame there is no mod that fixes this. I know there are the train tracks, but wrong ramp. Thanks again!
Sick topper by the way. As if the pin wasn’t scary enough!

I made this by hand. Just had eye surgery so won't be able to do for a week or so and I have to see if I have any lexan here. Also give me the week to finalize testing. Pls remind though if I forget about you

#9389 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I made this by hand. Just had eye surgery so won't be able to do for a week or so and I have to see if I have any lexan here. Also give me the week to finalize testing. Pls remind though if I forget about you

Good luck with the eye recovery!! Hope you are playing again soon. You have done such a good job, I thought this may have been your day job! Don’t want to be a burden. I can give it a go. Thanks so much for your help. I will post my efforts, hope I don’t infringe on your copyright

#9390 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Good luck with the eye recovery!! Hope you are playing again soon. You have done such a good job, I thought this may have been your day job! Don’t want to be a burden. I can give it a go. Thanks so much for your help. I will post my efforts, hope I don’t infringe on your copyright

I got six patents out on this one

#9391 3 years ago

How do people find the shooter lane protectors from pinball universe? Do they help with launch issues? I noticed at the ball trough the wood is slightly worn on the left hand side. Wondering if this would affect the ball.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9392 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

How do people find the shooter lane protectors from pinball universe? Do they help with launch issues? I noticed at the ball trough the wood is slightly worn on the left hand side. Wondering if this would affect the ball. [quoted image]

you guys must be playing the crap out of your games mine is still in like new condition ..

#9393 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

How do people find the shooter lane protectors from pinball universe? Do they help with launch issues? I noticed at the ball trough the wood is slightly worn on the left hand side. Wondering if this would affect the ball. [quoted image]

You will need to fill that divot. Use wood filler and sand to level. I’d put a Cliffy over it at that point, and get the one for the other side of the shooter land while you are at it. Clean, fill, sand and install. Done and over.

#9394 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

That's very interesting. Your balls were launching out of the trough spot of the Arena return ramp? Weird. Clever that you sorted the problem with magnetic tape! Your game must be particularly fast if your ramps are behaving like jumps.

#9395 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

you guys must be playing the crap out of your games mine is still in like new condition ..

Mine was routed. Bought 2nd or third hand.

#9396 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

That machine needs a shop job mate. All that dust needs removing. That is why that slight damage looks so bad. It has carbon dust ground in.

#9397 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

That machine needs a shop job mate. All that dust needs removing. That is why that slight damage looks so bad. It has carbon dust ground in.

Thanks. I polished everywhere else. Was filthy. A bit of dimpling, cabinet is perfect. I will clean, repair and put the shooter lane protector in.

#9398 3 years ago

I had fixed the prison magnet. I had rotated it 180 degrees and used washers to fix the level, so it was flush with playfield. Every game for 2 weeks, no sdtm. And now 80% of the time, down it goes. I notice before the ball used to sit left off magnet centre. Now it sits in the lower centre. It’s like the magnet core has moved by itself. I am going to try and open it up and see what I can see inside.

#9399 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had fixed the prison magnet. I had rotated it 180 degrees and used washers to fix the level, so it was flush with playfield. Every game for 2 weeks, no sdtm. And now 80% of the time, down it goes. I notice before the ball used to sit left off magnet centre. Now it sits in the lower centre. It’s like the magnet core has moved by itself. I am going to try and open it up and see what I can see inside.

Firstly are you using the latest game code.? Secondly did you locktite the nut? The core may be moving because the nut is not tight.

#9400 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Firstly are you using the latest game code.? Secondly did you locktite the nut? The core may be moving because the nut is not tight.

Good idea. I have a mark on the core left by some sticky tape. It had not moved.

I took the thing apart. Photos attached. Basically the core is a lump of metal. I cannot see how rotating one way or another makes any difference. Unless there is a weighted density in one direction that is affected by the electromagnetic field.

37BA1EA3-17F3-4419-9F0A-8B752D9F0FFA (resized).jpeg37BA1EA3-17F3-4419-9F0A-8B752D9F0FFA (resized).jpeg05D9AA49-207C-4A60-B7E4-31DBF35ACBBD (resized).jpeg05D9AA49-207C-4A60-B7E4-31DBF35ACBBD (resized).jpeg
The pancake magnet has the coils going around this core. I took a bit of the tape off to inspect. Besides a screw which holds all the wire down, cannot see much else.
8D6EAB82-8C59-46C1-A158-3FAF5FB04D2E (resized).jpeg8D6EAB82-8C59-46C1-A158-3FAF5FB04D2E (resized).jpeg
Since this is producing the magnetic field, does the position of this make more of an impact? So I took the bracket off and put the wires down the bottom. Zip tied it to the bottom right.

I put it all back together and all sdtm again. So added washers to the mount to make the core a different direction even though I didn’t think this would make a difference.

It did. So I know nothing. Now prison releases are not giving me sdtm. But I was at this stage and sure of myself 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it now stays good.

I noticed when it started to go wrong The ball was caught in the exact centre of the magnet and just released (pictured).
4D95B236-DA5A-4C94-91D9-53625DBAC5B0 (resized).jpeg4D95B236-DA5A-4C94-91D9-53625DBAC5B0 (resized).jpeg
Most times sdtm. So ball in centre, bad. Until recently When it was working over the past 2 weeks, the ball was always caught to one side so that when it was dropped it did not go sdtm. Something changed.

Anyway as I said turned the coil 180 degrees so wire out the bottom, adjusted core and it works.
F8C33562-43C6-497D-AE99-225C423E8309 (resized).jpegF8C33562-43C6-497D-AE99-225C423E8309 (resized).jpeg
One weird thing, when it releases it now most time gives a slight upkick. BUT if I try to do the flippers on the crowbar hit, it rockets sdtm every time.

So it’s not perfect but it works for me for now.

If I could buy a new core or coil to fix it 100%, I would but I don’t think it would make any difference.

The takeaway from this is that I think everyone's machine will be different. This is not a solution. Just a record of my trials. Wish I had a definitive solution to share. I will let you know if it starts behaving badly again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
There are 11,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.