IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 236.
#9301 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

They use a bush on either end , see manual part #4. Maybe yours is lying on the ground or still in the housing

Ok. Will double check. Thanks.

#9302 3 years ago

I think it’s time to start modding out my LE. Bone stock except the Bicycle girl light.

Thinking of:
Color dmd
Burning barn
Art blades or mirror
Any other suggestions?

#9303 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I think it’s time to start modding out my LE. Bone stock except the Bicycle girl light.
Thinking of:
Color dmd
Burning barn
Art blades or mirror
Any other suggestions?

Factory topper for sure. $$$.

#9304 3 years ago

Having issues with code switching on my Walking Dead pro. I have updated code on this several times and never had any issues. Currently it’s not allowing me to switch code. I’m wanting to get it back to original Stern code from my Cleland Slayer code currently. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’ve tried several different versions of both factory code straight from Stern site as well as different Cleland and it won’t load anything. Game just sits in reboot. No different if I power cycle manually. Dip switch on 8. Seems to acknowledge putting USB in. Game works fine on current code.

I’ve tried multiple USB drives, including a brand new one. I’ve formatted the drives, I’ve done a factory reset, redownloaded code, and Yes, I’m using the .bin file and NOT the zip.

I have an email to Stern but who knows if I’ll hear back. Any other suggestions?

#9305 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

I’ve tried multiple USB drives, including a brand new one.

Brand new ones are less likely to work if they are larger than the onboard controller can recognize. You might try using an older 4 Gb or smaller USB, or repartitioning a newer one to have a 4 Gb partition.

Knowing Lyman's dedication to detail it wouldn't surprise me if the code eliminates snafus with various USB drive sizes. But it's worth testing while you wait for an answer from Stern.

#9306 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Having issues with code switching on my Walking Dead pro. I have updated code on this several times and never had any issues. Currently it’s not allowing me to switch code. I’m wanting to get it back to original Stern code from my Cleland Slayer code currently. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’ve tried several different versions of both factory code straight from Stern site as well as different Cleland and it won’t load anything. Game just sits in reboot. No different if I power cycle manually. Dip switch on 8. Seems to acknowledge putting USB in. Game works fine on current code.
I’ve tried multiple USB drives, including a brand new one. I’ve formatted the drives, I’ve done a factory reset, redownloaded code, and Yes, I’m using the .bin file and NOT the zip.
I have an email to Stern but who knows if I’ll hear back. Any other suggestions?

I always had problems with intsallling new code, until I used PNY usb sticks. For some reason every single USB stick I used (other brands) didnt work with any of Stern games, until I tried this brand. Dont know why.

#9307 3 years ago

Thinking of:
Color dmd
Burning barn
Art blades or mirror
Any other suggestions?

Upgrade the speakers and put a speakerlight with the figures while you are there.

#9308 3 years ago

Thinking of:
Color dmd
Burning barn
Art blades or mirror
Any other suggestions?

colordmd and anti-reflective glass is all you really need.

but Artblades over mirror
speaker lights
on premium check that the ramp fix is installed (adds an improved airball protector, mylar and padded feet for the ramp so it doesn't damage the playfield).
bicycle girl mod.

#9309 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I always had problems with intsallling new code, until I used PNY usb sticks. For some reason every single USB stick I used (other brands) didnt work with any of Stern games, until I tried this brand. Dont know why.

Just tried a new PNY. Still now luck. So weird considering ive been able to update code on this same machine before.

#9310 3 years ago

This might be crazy, but if anyone within driving distance of WI has an LE they would like to trade for a premium plus cash, let's talk. Premium is routed but you can barely tell...it's very nice. I know some LE owners were disappointed when the premium was announced as they liked the premium art better, so here's your chance. I've always had a thing for the LE art personally. So just figured I would throw it out there.

#9311 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

This might be crazy, but if anyone within driving distance of WI has an LE they would like to trade for a premium plus cash, let's talk. Premium is routed but you can barely tell...it's very nice. I know some LE owners were disappointed when the premium was announced as they liked the premium art better, so here's your chance. I've always had a thing for the LE art personally. So just figured I would throw it out there.

The LE's are trading for 20kAU here atm.

#9312 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The LE's are trading for 20kAU here atm.

Yeesh no wonder i got some hits on my sales ad from down under. Interesting to hear about the differences in pinball markets around the globe.

#9313 3 years ago

Yeah it's title dependent, that was from a guy who sold me a 12kAU Aerosmith LE. Seems some are just really collectible here amongst the LE guys. We only get 10% of the total LE allocation, so they sell out on preorder in hours.

#9314 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

colordmd and anti-reflective glass is all you really need.
but Artblades over mirror
speaker lights
on premium check that the ramp fix is installed (adds an improved airball protector, mylar and padded feet for the ramp so it doesn't damage the playfield).
bicycle girl mod.

I added the cliffy at the bicycle girl ramp. It had already left a slightly significant mark with only a hundred plays being on the game when I bought it. Got the bicycle girl light too already.

I am ordering a sheet of anti reflective glass tomorrow. Color dmd in a week or two.

#9315 3 years ago

I am ordering a sheet of anti reflective glass tomorrow. Color dmd in a week or two.

Is the anti-reflective glass really that much of an improvement? I've been tempted to buy a sheet or two but it's SOOOO freakin' expensive and doesn't feel like it would be that much of a difference (at least not compared to, for example, a ColorDMD).

#9316 3 years ago

Best mod besides a external sub by far. Put it next to a regular sheet and you'll be saying why did I wait so long to do this!

#9317 3 years ago

Color dmd is in top 3 too!

#9318 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Is the anti-reflective glass really that much of an improvement?

Not really. Definitely not worth the price. Biggest difference I see is when the game is off. Haha. I’ve tried to reach into the game because I’ve thought the glass was off multiple times.

#9319 3 years ago

Disagree, for a few bucks good glass is good value.

#9320 3 years ago

We had a group buy for low reflective ultra clear glass here in the uk for only £85 a sheet. Well worth it.

#9321 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

We had a group buy for low reflective ultra clear glass here in the uk for only £85 a sheet. Well worth it.

That’s a hell of a deal. I’d be all over that.

#9322 3 years ago

Tween 2-$300 here in Australia depending on brand.

#9323 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s a hell of a deal. I’d be all over that.

I bought 11 sheets, bargain.
Worth the 500 mile round trip.

#9324 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That would irritate me, dont know what to suggest next.

#9325 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Ok, for that price I would buy it. But I've seen it like $400 or something here which is a lot of cash.

#9326 3 years ago

I think the stern glass is like 275. That’s the best sheet by sheet price I think.

#9327 3 years ago

I have a premium, the Walking Dead on the translight was very distracting on the glass. After a lot of looking, I changed it to one of the Governor, no more glare of the logo. It made a lot of difference. A lot cheaper & an upgrade. The art matches the premium, too.

#9328 3 years ago

I changed the fluorescent tube for an LED one which is less bright but still lights it up enough and evenly.
That helps with the reflection.

#9329 3 years ago

Anyone know the best way to hook up the Burning Barn mod (Hooked on Pinball) to the insert for a pro machine? Should I just tie these into the wires for the insert?

#9330 3 years ago

Decoding Inserts After L.M.S:

(Spoiler alert!)

Just wondering what the strobing inserts mean at the end of L.M.S. while the long/funny animation plays.
Sometimes I get a strobing red RGB arrow at each of the main shots, sometimes four red and one blue.
Is the game telling me something? Like, what could the single blue RGB arrow insert mean?
In the attached photo, I was missing CDC. Why? If I remember correctly, I can only start modes during Horde, not L.M.S, so the arrows shouldn't be indicators of which modes I played during the wizard mode.

IMG_1043 (resized).jpgIMG_1043 (resized).jpg
#9331 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone know the best way to hook up the Burning Barn mod (Hooked on Pinball) to the insert for a pro machine? Should I just tie these into the wires for the insert?

Use the included alligator clips to tie the mod to the socket that lights the insert. You'll have to shave off the heat shrink where the wires meet the socket to expose the socket leads, to give your clips something to connect to, etc. Premium/LE owners have to settle for a tie to the GI - which is less cool, naturally. I did notice that HOP talked about posting additional instructions on their website to guide Premium/LE owners in a proper tie-in to the insert. Can't guess how you would pull that off as the Premium/LE Barn insert is part of a lamp board. No insert sockets for the Premium/LE! Only GI!

#9332 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was just looking at that mod this past weekend, asking myself if I would truly like to have one on my playfield.
I think the truth is I can't look at it without thinking of the Wizard of Oz. Why? Well, it looks like a tornado just laid the barn there - sort of like Dorothy's house getting picked up by a tornado and dropped on the Wicked Witch. Also the scale is funny to me. I don't expect scale to be entirely consistent on any playfield, but there is already a bit of scale conflict on TWD as it is with the giant head in the Prison. Add the RV mod and/or the Barn mod and things really get whacky. Just my opinion.

#9333 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I have a premium, the Walking Dead on the translight was very distracting on the glass. After a lot of looking, I changed it to one of the Governor, no more glare of the logo. It made a lot of difference. A lot cheaper & an upgrade. The art matches the premium, too.

The Governor translite? What does that one look like and who sells it? I'm curious.

#9334 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

The Governor translite? What does that one look like and who sells it? I'm curious.

I can’t get a link to work. It is at Ministry of Pinball, UK. Check the colors, great match. Gets rid of the glare, too.

#9335 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I was just looking at that mod this past weekend, asking myself if I would truly like to have one on my playfield.
I think the truth is I can't look at it without thinking of the Wizard of Oz. Why? Well, it looks like a tornado just laid the barn there - sort of like Dorothy's house getting picked up by a tornado and dropped on the Wicked Witch. Also the scale is funny to me. I don't expect scale to be entirely consistent on any playfield, but there is already a bit of scale conflict on TWD as it is with the giant head in the Prison. Add the RV mod and/or the Barn mod and things really get whacky. Just my opinion.

I hear ya on that. The barn mod by Hooked is really nice looking. But yes, it could be smaller. The large zombie bash toy is always something ive thought is funny being so big.

#9336 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I hear ya on that. The barn mod by Hooked is really nice looking. But yes, it could be smaller. The large zombie bash toy is always something ive thought is funny being so big.

that's why you need the horde!

horde1 (resized).jpghorde1 (resized).jpg
#9337 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

that's why you need the horde!

I like this better than a huge zombie head, but where would one obtain it? Or is it just a one of one custom piece not available for purchase?

#9338 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm going to need more info on that one. That's cool!

#9339 3 years ago

something I made myself , not that hard to do but I have no plans on entering the mod making business,
I was hoping one of the mod makers with 3 d printing capabilities would start making them

#9340 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

something I made myself , not that hard to do but I have no plans on entering the mod making business,
I was hoping one of the mod makers with 3 d printing capabilities would start making them

Were they figures that you got somewhere? What did you use to mount them on?

#9341 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Nice work. I don't know why Stern never did this in the first place. Must have been easier for them to get a huge zombie head, LOL.

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Were they figures that you got somewhere? What did you use to mount them on?

Yes, please elaborate. Off the shelf items that we could reproduce or fully custom?

#9343 3 years ago

everything was from the McFarlane kits, got some of the zombies from the kit with rick shooting the gun and then a zombie or two from the prison set. . I made the tower from the prison set and there is a lot of leftover blocks from it that I glued a few together to make a u shaped piece with one of the legs of the u being the wall they stand behind. I added a smd above their heads

I have some pics of the construction I will try to dig up .Have been meaning to redo the original design with some tweaks but have not got around to it..

the original design of twd had like a pinwheel with 4 rotating heads that was simplified to the one head for budget constraints.

#9344 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

that's why you need the horde! [quoted image]

Fun fact. Borg originally tried to design a turn table inside the prison that would have something different to bash each time the prison opened.

#9345 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fun fact. Borg originally tried to design a turn table inside the prison that would have something different to bash each time the prison opened.

Like a "pinwheel" with "4 rotating heads"?

#9346 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Like a "pinwheel" with "4 rotating heads"?

No like a turntable. Think mini B66

#9347 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No like a turntable. Think mini B66

I got it, was just busting your chops as I thought pinballjj covered it pretty well .

Not being a mod person, I really like the look of this mod.

#9348 3 years ago

Great work man. This makes the game look so much better and the prison make sense. That big head always bugged me.

Quoted from pinballjj:

everything was from the McFarlane kits, got some of the zombies from the kit with rick shooting the gun and then a zombie or two from the prison set. . I made the tower from the prison set and there is a lot of leftover blocks from it that I glued a few together to make a u shaped piece with one of the legs of the u being the wall they stand behind. I added a smd above their heads
I have some pics of the construction I will try to dig up .Have been meaning to redo the original design with some tweaks but have not got around to it..
the original design of twd had like a pinwheel with 4 rotating heads that was simplified to the one head for budget constraints.

#9349 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

yeah the guy who organised that is a fucking legend

For me on a pin the top mods are:

1: ColorDMD if its a DMD game.
2: Low Reflection Glass
3: new speakers if the ones in the game suck.

#9350 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah the guy who organised that is a fucking legend

I can’t argue with that, very very nice man

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 11,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/187 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.