Topic Stats

• 9,351 posts
  • 606 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,609 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

horde1 (resized).jpg
IMG_1043 (resized).jpg
44A7284A-60ED-45CD-8F08-902459F7245B (resized).jpeg
F0AA8F2C-6D11-4ABE-8BBF-B6EDD3235A6A (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
B5D28A0B-9207-4197-8053-AA56F3A4E306 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200726-151227 (resized).png
IMG_1017 (resized).jpg
English2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpg
IMG_1015 (resized).jpg
IMG_1011 (resized).jpg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpg
3BC89D77-E3FC-4685-A65B-26B9756D4F3B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9351 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 188.
#9251 16 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Trans-red Pop Bodies/skirts:
Got some inspiration from other TWD owners and bought some dope trans-red pop parts and put them in.
A word to the wise: these bodies are a tad squatter than stock, so you also have to convert your sockets from wedges to bayonets, to give you a couple of millimeters of extra clearance for the sockets to nest properly below the cap, etc. (In this photo I still have the stock wedge sockets in, and you can see how the bulbs protrude too far above the cap. The bayonet socket addresses that.)
I also tried Brite-Caps, which I found lit the trans bodies a bit *too* much, so I went back to the stock 2SMD clear-lens bulbs. I always thought the stock white bodies/skirts looked out of place on this layout, so I switched it up.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love those red skirts. Try these caps they are fantastic. hooked
3BC89D77-E3FC-4685-A65B-26B9756D4F3B (resized).jpeg

#9252 16 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

You’ll love this game mate. I made the mistake of selling my premium and regretted it big time. Luckily another came up and I couldn’t get cash out quick enough. Bonus too my wife loves it and my daughter when she comes to visit loves it too. If she ever gets married says she wants it as a wedding present.
This game is notorious for drains from the pops. If it bugs you too much an easy fix was to put a flipper rubber over the metal guide just lower from the pops. Gives a bit more bounce and makes game more enjoyable. I did it on my Premium but the LE I have now didn’t seem as bad. I have game slightly off level which helps mate.
Glad to hear you put in shaker now you need ColourDMD to really make it pop. Tunnel uggh it’s my nemesis. My wife is always the tunnel champ cause I can’t hit it to save my life. Certainly not consistently. Enjoy. One of the best Stern games I’ve owned.

Ha. Just did the flipper rubber tonight before I saw your post. Thanks! Does seem to make a difference.

Quoted from Lostcause:

Easiest thing to try for the pop drain is to put a thicker post rubber on, the one at the bottom as the ball comes out. Just gives the ball a little flick towards the left flipper. Helped on mine.

Thanks, will try this next if I need to. Holding off for now as I am the king at hitting posts.

#9253 16 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

[quoted image]

I remember when I put those bumper caps on years ago I could never get them to sit well. They always seemed a little loose and I was always worried they would fall off when lifting the playfield. I ended up using a little velcro to keep it on there.

Anyone else have that issue? Just curious.

#9254 16 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

[quoted image]

HOP pop caps are fab'.
Would love a set.
Too expensive for me though.

#9255 15 days ago

I'm always surprised by my own X-Champion scores as I don't really notice what I'm doing when when they happen.
Case in point:

IMG_1010 (resized).jpgIMG_1011 (resized).jpgIMG_1015 (resized).jpgIMG_1013 (resized).jpg
#9256 15 days ago
Quoted from Da_Wizard:

Say something my buddy fuckn off a real good walking dead And regrets it

Say what?

#9257 15 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm always surprised by my own X-Champion scores as I don't really notice what I'm doing when when they happen.
Case in point:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love that the game not only tracks it for you, but tells you exactly how it was done. That's great programming. Wish more games did similar.

#9258 14 days ago
Quoted from Da_Wizard:

Say something my buddy fuckn off a real good walking dead And regrets it

English2 (resized).jpg
#9259 14 days ago

So less drains coming out of pops. Flipper rubber and slight tilt fixed it.

Not sure what the magnet rotation did in front of the prison. Still get flings SDTM. Have I done something wrong? Magnet wires are rotated just past 12 o’clock. Will try to double flip when crowbar hits.

One other weird thing happened twice. Happens when getting multiple tunnel shots. Third time I flip jumps over into the right outlane. Anyone else had airballs off left flipper?

#9260 14 days ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I found a Premium to buy, but it is bone stock. Is there anywhere I can buy the Bicycle Girl ramp extender anymore? I know that the last source ended up being a scam.

I’ve played plenty of premiums, including mine, that don’t use or need that extender. I wouldn’t skip on the game because of it

#9261 14 days ago

I would make sure the flippers have been rebuilt and the stock ramp should be fine. Once the flipper gets worn in, the ramp gets harder to make and the extender helps with that, but the stock ramp is definitely fine.

#9262 14 days ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’ve played plenty of premiums, including mine, that don’t use or need that extender. I wouldn’t skip on the game because of it

Same here. Never had a problem.

#9263 13 days ago

New personal-best Escape Terminus Champion score:

Ball three, with both 2X Playfield and 2X shot multiplier on the last shot. I don't even remember playing the modes all that well, but somehow I was rewarded anyway. I never make good use of my "X." This time, I did.

IMG_1017 (resized).jpg
#9265 13 days ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Awesome. I always feel safe with Premiums. Pros run, then LEs, then Premiums. It’s seems like they have the bugs and wrinkles worked through by the time Premiums get on the line. I bought it last week and it’ll be here Tuesday.

#9266 13 days ago

This is what it's all about...

Screenshot_20200726-151227 (resized).png
#9267 12 days ago

Just joined the club! I updated the code to Cleland 1.60... is this the most recent?
Also, can I just swap in a pin2dmd from my FT? ( Cleland code says it supports a colour dmd...
This pin is so unforgivingly brutal. I love it.

#9268 12 days ago

Does the burning Barn from Mezel Mods stop the airballs coming off the right ramp return hump? I see that the Hooked on Pinball one is meant too, but they no longer send to Australia. So interested in the Mezel Mods burning barn only.

#9269 12 days ago
Quoted from tominator:

Just joined the club! I updated the code to Cleland 1.60... is this the most recent?
Also, can I just swap in a pin2dmd from my FT? ( Cleland code says it supports a colour dmd...
This pin is so unforgivingly brutal. I love it.

1.6 is the latest. There is no PIN2DMD colorisation of TWD that I’m aware of but the PIN2DMD will of course work in the game. The red colour makes sense for the game so if the DMD in the game works well I don’t think there is a reason to change it.

#9271 12 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Does the burning Barn from Mezel Mods stop the airballs coming off the right ramp return hump? I see that the Hooked on Pinball one is meant too, but they no longer send to Australia. So interested in the Mezel Mods burning barn only.

I just bought the combo package 4 weeks ago.

B5D28A0B-9207-4197-8053-AA56F3A4E306 (resized).jpeg
#9272 12 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I just bought the combo package 4 weeks ago.[quoted image]

Thanks! That’s the hooked on pinball not the mezel mods. Does look good. Just wondering if the mezel mod one also stops airballs.

I saw your pops. They look great as well.

#9273 12 days ago

Actually the hooked one seems to come more forward than the mezel mods one does.

Here is the mezel mods one

pasted_image (resized).jpeg

It looks like it finishes just before the post underneath the ramp. So it’s not after the hump. The hooked one seems to attach on that same posts and also has a clear plastic base that extends forward plus it is attached from both side of the ramp. Looks like it could take hits from a flying ball. Not sure about the mezel mods one. I think the flying ball misses it, and if it does hit it does not have the rigid clear shield underneath and it is only attached from one side. Shame I really liked the look of the mezel mods one. It is cheaper too.

If someone can correct me would appreciate the input.

#9274 12 days ago
Quoted from roar:

1.6 is the latest. There is no PIN2DMD colorisation of TWD that I’m aware of but the PIN2DMD will of course work in the game. The red colour makes sense for the game so if the DMD in the game works well I don’t think there is a reason to change it.

Thanks for the response roar! I’m surprised twd is not colourized yet!

#9275 12 days ago
Quoted from tominator:

Thanks for the response roar! I’m surprised twd is not colourized yet!

Color dmd is available. I got it. Check their site.

#9276 12 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Actually the hooked one seems to come more forward than the mezel mods one does.
Here is the mezel mods one
[quoted image]
It looks like it finishes just before the post underneath the ramp. So it’s not after the hump. The hooked one seems to attach on that same posts and also has a clear plastic base that extends forward plus it is attached from both side of the ramp. Looks like it could take hits from a flying ball. Not sure about the mezel mods one. I think the flying ball misses it, and if it does hit it does not have the rigid clear shield underneath and it is only attached from one side. Shame I really liked the look of the mezel mods one. It is cheaper too.
If someone can correct me would appreciate the input.

I have owned both...Mezel on my old pro, Hooked on my current premium. I can't speak to airballs as I never had a problem with either. But as far as how they look in person...there is really no contest. The Hooked one is amazing...the Mezel one just looks cheap by comparison (and price-wise, it is...so...makes sense). I will say the Mezel one is a better size...it's smaller and fits the spot better. The Hooked one is honestly a bit too big, but the quality is so much better. Kind of a trade-off I guess. Not meant as a slam on Mezel at all...theirs is cool. But that Hooked one is amazing.

#9277 12 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have owned both...Mezel on my old pro, Hooked on my current premium. I can't speak to airballs as I never had a problem with either. But as far as how they look in person...there is really no contest. The Hooked one is amazing...the Mezel one just looks cheap by comparison (and price-wise, it is...so...makes sense). I will say the Mezel one is a better size...it's smaller and fits the spot better. The Hooked one is honestly a bit too big, but the quality is so much better. Kind of a trade-off I guess. Not meant as a slam on Mezel at all...theirs is cool. But that Hooked one is amazing.

Thanks for that. Appreciate it. I’ll reach out to him.

#9278 11 days ago

Went for the hooked one. 2nd last one. Mezel got back to me and said there barn was not designed to stop the airball problem. So got the right one to fix my issue.

Thanks jediturtle and jokerpoker !

#9279 11 days ago

No worries mate. You won’t be sorry. Very well made.

#9280 11 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Color dmd is available. I got it. Check their site.

ColorDMD has done it, PIN2DMD has not... if you know of a colourization for PIN2DMD however I’m all ears.

#9281 10 days ago

I'm a member, finally! Found a beautiful, new out-of-box Premium that JJ at GEX Colorado had in stock. It cleaned up like a champ. Swapped in a full red rubber set from Titan and dialed her in, and it plays amazing. R&L Carriers managed to kiss the backbox with a forklift on it (3rd time over the years that they have done this exact thing on the same side of the box of a NIB pin for me), tearing a little hole in the head decal and denting the panel a little - but JJ was on it quick and they've already been in communication with Stern and I've sent in pics to get it rectified.

Yet another awesome transaction with JJ and Game Exchange. Can't recommend that guy enough.

#9282 8 days ago

I have 2 issues

1. Prison magnet does not always grab ball. Maybe 1 out of 10 ball evades. Is that normal. I don’t really mind, makes the game easier. I have rotated the magnet and not getting SDTM. Magnet is level. I was getting airballs from slightly raised magnet which meant ball was flying over prison door opto and doors would not open. So all good except now and again magnet does not catch ball.

2, ball hitting pops out of shooter lane. Happens both manual plunge and auto launch about 1 in 10 again. Here is my ball guide. Looks a bit closed at the end. The top rail is in line with the tire track. Think it should be bent a bit further up the playfield. Any advice would be awesome.

Actually just noticed at the exit of the lower guide is a rubber on a post. Going to remove. Think it is colliding with that.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9283 8 days ago

It looks like there might be a burr from ball strikes on the very end of your shooter lane ball guide. The deflection from that little burr could be sending the ball off course. Can you feel the burr? If so, can you file it off?

#9284 8 days ago

I’d say your magnet experience is fine. Sometimes the ball is just too fast for the magnet to catch it.

#9285 8 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It looks like there might be a burr from ball strikes on the very end of your shooter lane ball guide. The deflection from that little burr could be sending the ball off course. Can you feel the burr? If so, can you file it off?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d say your magnet experience is fine. Sometimes the ball is just too fast for the magnet to catch it.

Thanks for the help. Really outstanding how helpful this thread has been. Thanks about the magnet. Happy with that.

Ok. I should have done more investigation about the shooter lane.

Don’t muck with the guide. Both my issues were due to plunger not centred and auto plunger forks only touching on one side. I think changing the guide in my case would have opened up a whole can of worms.

I have attached before and after of shooter tip and tines. Out of 50 launches only had one auto launch go wrong. Manual plunges 100% Success. Also swapped out the red shooter spring for a green. Massive difference. I can now hit each of the rollovers separately. Before it always went full force to top gates only (it hit the bumpers due to my alignment problem). Can not stress what a difference this makes. Recommend green spring all the way.

To move the shooter rod slightly to the right, I undid the three screws on the plate behind. Then undid the 2 hex screws at the bottom of the back plate and put a new hole just to the right of the left one as close as I could. The back plate is now hard up against the side of the cabinet. Then put my other hex screw back. Put it all back together and problems solved.

I think the burr at the end of the guide was due to the erratic ball spin coming out of the shooter.

Here is before. Plunger tip is to the left of centre. Left fork does not touch ball.
F0AA8F2C-6D11-4ABE-8BBF-B6EDD3235A6A (resized).jpeg
After plunger tip centred. Left fork after bending is slightly off. But a lot less rejects than before.
44A7284A-60ED-45CD-8F08-902459F7245B (resized).jpeg

#9286 8 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks for the help. Really outstanding how helpful this thread has been. Thanks about the magnet. Happy with that.
Ok. I should have done more investigation about the shooter lane.
Don’t muck with the guide. Both my issues were due to plunger not centred and auto plunger forks only touching on one side. I think changing the guide in my case would have opened up a whole can of worms.
I have attached before and after of shooter tip and tines. Out of 50 launches only had one auto launch go wrong. Manual plunges 100% Success. Also swapped out the red shooter spring for a green. Massive difference. I can now hit each of the rollovers separately. Before it always went full force to top gates only (it hit the bumpers due to my alignment problem). Can not stress what a difference this makes. Recommend green spring all the way.
To move the shooter rod slightly to the right, I undid the three screws on the plate behind. Then undid the 2 hex screws at the bottom of the back plate and put a new hole just to the right of the left one as close as I could. The back plate is now hard up against the side of the cabinet. Then put my other hex screw back. Put it all back together and problems solved.
I think the burr at the end of the guide was due to the erratic ball spin coming out of the shooter.
Here is before. Plunger tip is to the left of centre. Left fork does not touch ball.
[quoted image]
After plunger tip centred. Left fork after bending is slightly off. But a lot less rejects than before.
[quoted image]

Good you are on top of your shooter.

Prison magnet. When the ball is held by the magnet, if you double tap a flipper (either flipper or both) this will activate the magnet to fling the ball. This should almost eliminate SDTM when the magnet let's the ball go.

#9287 8 days ago

Still have some stdm from the Popbumper.
I have Seen different ways how to fix ( Flipperrubber, larger postrubbber,) but i still have 4-5 stdm out of ten.

My game ist leveld correct but 6.9° steep, the Tunnel Shot is Butter smooth and repeatable.

What helped for you?

#9288 8 days ago

Flipper rubber on the wireform to the right of the well walker worked for me. Its not 0/10 STDM but maybe 1/10 now.

Quoted from MightyGrave:

I have Seen different ways how to fix ( Flipperrubber, larger postrubbber,) but i still have 4-5 stdm out of ten.
My game ist leveld correct but 6.9° steep, the Tunnel Shot is Butter smooth and repeatable.
What helped for you?

#9289 8 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Flipper rubber on the wireform to the right of the well walker worked for me. Its not 0/10 STDM but maybe 1/10 now.

yeah I’m the same. But that’s ok. No longer any prison magnet drains. And I put the yoyokopter extenders on. Almost makes it easy!

I have a TSPP and a NGG which will drain out of the pops at least 1 in 10. Sometimes pinball has to be unfair. Otherwise it just becomes like video games nowadays with no permadeath.

If I had it half the time out of the pops.... yes I would have the shits.

In working out the level, I know it’s cool to be really steep. However, sometimes it stuffs up flow. I put all my games steep for a bit, and then I noticed something with my WCS which I also notice with TWD. If you make it to steep the ball can bounce dramatically at the end of the returns before it drops into the inlanes. This kills flow and makes the game a bit boring when trying to do continuous loops like bicycle girl. I have mine set to around 6.6 and it shoots fast whilst stopping this bounce at the end of the ramps. Just a personal preference.

#9290 8 days ago

I put the extenders on mine and it made a small bit of difference, still hard and flies out. Funny how there is always a difference between machines which shows high score comparing is a bit hit and miss.

Just ordered the shaker kit for mine today which is a must have apparently.

#9291 8 days ago

I finally gave in and adjusted the tilt settings to give me a fighting chance against some of the cheap drains a couple days ago. Got Horde twice last night (4 times total now). New high walkers killed of 87. Still haven't gotten to Last Man Standing or Terminus. New high score was around 575 million.

#9292 8 days ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I finally gave in and adjusted the tilt settings to give me a fighting chance against some of the cheap drains a couple days ago. Got Horde twice last night (4 times total now). New high walkers killed of 87. Still haven't gotten to Last Man Standing or Terminus. New high score was around 575 million.

What do you think is better, looser tilt or easier settings? That's something I've gone back and forth on and recently ended up making siege settings easier. Looser tilt may screw you over at tournaments

#9293 8 days ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

What do you think is better, looser tilt or easier settings? That's something I've gone back and forth on and recently ended up making siege settings easier. Looser tilt may screw you over at tournaments

I use factory default settings on all the machines I've had. I figure that's how the manufacturer wants it played and makes it easier to compare scores from machine to machine. I've never moved outlane posts or anything from how they come from the factory.

I try to set the plumb bob at about a middle setting, but now I have it almost completely off on TWD.

#9294 8 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

yeah I’m the same. But that’s ok. No longer any prison magnet drains. And I put the yoyokopter extenders on. Almost makes it easy!
I have a TSPP and a NGG which will drain out of the pops at least 1 in 10. Sometimes pinball has to be unfair. Otherwise it just becomes like video games nowadays with no permadeath.
If I had it half the time out of the pops.... yes I would have the shits.
In working out the level, I know it’s cool to be really steep. However, sometimes it stuffs up flow. I put all my games steep for a bit, and then I noticed something with my WCS which I also notice with TWD. If you make it to steep the ball can bounce dramatically at the end of the returns before it drops into the inlanes. This kills flow and makes the game a bit boring when trying to do continuous loops like bicycle girl. I have mine set to around 6.6 and it shoots fast whilst stopping this bounce at the end of the ramps. Just a personal preference.

Mine has yoyokopter lane extenders, flipper rubber by the pops and I turned the magnet. Still a massive draining bitch. Absolutely brutal.

#9295 8 days ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I have Seen different ways how to fix...
What helped for you?

Learning how to nudge.

Quoted from gumnut01:

In working out the level, I know it’s cool to be really steep. However, sometimes it stuffs up flow.

A steeper game isn't automatically better. The ball is faster coming down. It's slower going up and you mostly get less side-to-side action because of the increased downward momentum.

#9297 7 days ago

I haven’t gotten around to it yet, but there is a audio clip with a female voice that plays usually with a quick drain. “This is bullshit” in the celand code. I’d like to swap that out for the awesome clip from Simon when he was about to level the trash lady’s people a couple seasons ago. He had a long drawn out “BUUULLLLL. SHIIIITAH”.

Single handed may be my favorite sound bite from the show.

#9298 7 days ago
Quoted from loneacer:

One day later and I almost doubled my previous high. Slightly over a billion. Got Terminus for the first time, but didn't do too well on it. Got Horde again. 114 walkers killed. Terminus was kind of a dud unless it gets better as you complete it. I wish it was at least a multi-ball.

#9299 6 days ago

When pulling apart my shooter rod, one of the rings was a bit misshapen and scratched the rod when sliding it off. The shooter is now not that smooth. A bit gritty. I can’t seem to find a sleeve for the shooter. Do stern not have one? Do I need to purchase a new rod now? Hopefully don’t have to buy a new bracket. Why don’t stern use sleeves for their shooter rods?

Any ideas on how to correct would be awesome.

#9300 6 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

When pulling apart my shooter rod, one of the rings was a bit misshapen and scratched the rod when sliding it off. The shooter is now not that smooth. A bit gritty. I can’t seem to find a sleeve for the shooter. Do stern not have one? Do I need to purchase a new rod now? Hopefully don’t have to buy a new bracket. Why don’t stern use sleeves for their shooter rods?
Any ideas on how to correct would be awesome.

They use a bush on either end , see manual part #4. Maybe yours is lying on the ground or still in the housing

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9351 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 188.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside