IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 237.
#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Great job. Looking sharp!
Love the firey glow of the drops.
Also noticed you applied alternate decals to your drops rather than "Will, "You," and "Survive?" Fly!

Picked an orange led to make them stand out from the red GI.
The stickers to try and match the food ,weapons and first aid. Well close ish.

#9202 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

The prison just needs the leaf switch pulled back slightly so that it's not triggered by the pops.

Hmmm, maybe I should push the leaf forward to help complete prison multiball... lol

#9203 3 years ago

100M or 200M bonus upon completion of L.M.S:
What determines the doubled bonus? "X"? PF Double Scoring?

#9204 3 years ago

What determines the doubled bonus? "X"? PF Double Scoring?

Yes

#9205 3 years ago

Just put down a deposit for a pro. Looking forward to it.

#9206 3 years ago

Hope it’s not as hard as my NGG. That one can be a real bitch!

#9207 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hope it’s not as hard as my NGG. That one can be a real bitch!

Get your deposit back then.

#9208 3 years ago

It’s a bitch but a good bitch, you know the one you keep coming back too!!!

Fitted Flipper Fidelity speakers yesterday and I now have decent bass, slight improvement on back speakers and ended up taking balancer control out of the circuit, would have been more effective if I connected the sub on low. Might try that and see if it balances more as it’s a bit bass heavy.

#9209 3 years ago

This game is brutal. I've had mine for a couple weeks and had never played it before. Finally got in a bit of a rhythm and scored 380 million with 82 walker kills in a game last night. It's not much, but it's better than the 20 million games I had been putting up. I got 5 of the weapons. No idea what happens if you get all 6.

#9210 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

This game is brutal. I've had mine for a couple weeks and had never played it before. Finally got in a bit of a rhythm and scored 380 million with 82 walker kills in a game last night. It's not much, but it's better than the 20 million games I had been putting up. I got 5 of the weapons. No idea what happens if you get all 6.

HORDE

#9211 3 years ago

Ok cool. So I almost got a mini-wizard mode? I've done blood bath and siege once or twice, but those are the only things I've gotten to outside of the normal modes. I don't know what I'm doing that earns the multi-kill weapons other than completing bicycle girl. They just seem to happen if I keep the balls in play long enough. I've browsed the rule sheet, but I haven't played enough to know what a lot of the shots are called yet. I'll figure it out as I play more.

I wish the call-outs were more helpful or less lights flashed at the same time to help guide you to what to shoot next. Or I'm still not used to processing the difference between an arrow that is flashing and an arrow that is solidly lit. If it's solidly lit I think I still need to shoot at it like older games used to require, but I think now it means it's already been completed/collected. I haven't played many games made in the last 20 years.

#9212 3 years ago

Go to tilt forums and search the walking dead rulesheet. That had all your answers. That and the Bowen tutorial in the key post links at the top of this page.

#9213 3 years ago

Yes HORDE!!! One of the best modes in all of pinball, in my esteemed opinion of course

#9214 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How do you get it so that bicycle girl light doesn't keep moving around? I get it all set, tighten it down pretty good and next thing I know the light is flashing to the left of the playfield
Very annoying.

Nope mine hasn’t moved a bit since fitting.

#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

The one I had ,had the leds and wire all along the plastic. Just under that silver plate on it.
Yes my original one had a solder issue. Reflowed and all good after that

#9216 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Also had issues with the LED wiring, not the wiring harness itself. Some solder joints came loose probably due to vibrations from the ball, lift ramp and shaker so some LEDs stopped working. Reflowed them and covered it with electrical tape, so far its working great.
Nice looking LE except the brown armor and the translite, prefer the Premium art package. Really jealous about the topper

Yep mine too. Getting used to the Brown. Took a while but I guess it does suit the crate theme on LE.
I really like the mirror backglass on LE. I had the governors alt translite on my Premium. With the topper the original had just way too many heads.

B9D89355-846C-468E-B51D-ED18EB782206 (resized).jpegB9D89355-846C-468E-B51D-ED18EB782206 (resized).jpeg
#9217 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Ok cool. So I almost got a mini-wizard mode? I've done blood bath and siege once or twice, but those are the only things I've gotten to outside of the normal modes. I don't know what I'm doing that earns the multi-kill weapons other than completing bicycle girl. They just seem to happen if I keep the balls in play long enough. I've browsed the rule sheet, but I haven't played enough to know what a lot of the shots are called yet. I'll figure it out as I play more.
I wish the call-outs were more helpful or less lights flashed at the same time to help guide you to what to shoot next. Or I'm still not used to processing the difference between an arrow that is flashing and an arrow that is solidly lit. If it's solidly lit I think I still need to shoot at it like older games used to require, but I think now it means it's already been completed/collected. I haven't played many games made in the last 20 years.

Wait...you've gotten Siege but not Horde? Wow...that seems impossible. I mean...obviously it's possible if you kick butt at prison multiball and ignore everything else, but wow. Siege takes some skill. It takes, what...12 prison walker kills on stock settings? When I had my pro I set that down to 6 and I still only got there a couple times. I haven't changed my premium (yet, LOL), and haven't gotten anywhere close. Nice work.

Multikills (weapons) basically happen by playing well during pretty much any of the modes or side-goals of the game. Most of the modes award one after a couple mode shots. A couple modes actual can be "completed", and those give you an extra multikill if you finish them. I think each of the three multiballs will give one for enough jackpots. Plus lots of other stuff can award them...enough crossbow shots, a couple Woodburys, completing enough fishtanks, Bicycle Girl, combos, etc. Pretty much, play well and they will come. With how awesome this game is about stacking, you can rack up quite a few multikills all at once when the game gets rocking. And Horde is basically the best mode ever made, so it's a heck of a payoff!

Definitely take a look at the rulesheet on Tilt Forums. There is so much amazing code here, and it's well worth digging into. And it isn't nearly as overwhelming as it seems at first, I promise.

#9218 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Wait...you've gotten Siege but not Horde? Wow...that seems impossible. I mean...obviously it's possible if you kick butt at prison multiball and ignore everything else, but wow. Siege takes some skill. It takes, what...12 prison walker kills on stock settings? When I had my pro I set that down to 6 and I still only got there a couple times. I haven't changed my premium (yet, LOL), and haven't gotten anywhere close. Nice work.

I could be wrong, but I think it was Siege. I had a prison multiball that seemed to last 10 minutes and I hit everything I aimed at. I was in some mode that I'd never been to before (granted I've only had the game 2 weeks and maybe played 75 games). Can you get to the first stage of Siege and have a game only score 380 million?

I did read the Tilt Forums post about a week ago. There's just a lot to take in when you're new to TWD. I didn't even know what was starting prison multiball until I read it (I knew a certain amount of prison hits, but not the exact rules behind it). I plan to read it a few more times as things sink in.

#9219 3 years ago

Short version:
There are two stages of prison mb. First everyone has seen.
Second is the ramps & prison only.

After 12 total jackpots siege is lit and you hit the riot shot to activate it After balls are drained.

Siege is interactive with the screen and you wouldn’t forget it if you got there.

But yes you can get there with a low score if you are good at an early prison mb.

1 week later
#9220 3 years ago

Captainhook they finally arrived. Just a couple still in the post. Almost done. Enjoying this game soooo much. Fitted undercab lighting kit from rockcustompinball.com Great addition to the game and it really goes off in the dark. Fantastic must have mod.
854E84A4-EEBC-4954-B387-A00C851FC387 (resized).jpeg854E84A4-EEBC-4954-B387-A00C851FC387 (resized).jpeg64BFE20B-C3D6-4B54-9BDA-82CDD165A237 (resized).jpeg64BFE20B-C3D6-4B54-9BDA-82CDD165A237 (resized).jpegB3999CE6-E930-41C5-81DC-780CFC1495EE (resized).jpegB3999CE6-E930-41C5-81DC-780CFC1495EE (resized).jpeg

#9221 3 years ago

Short undercab lighting kit vid Rock914

#9222 3 years ago

Had my TWD prem for about 3 months. I have to say its been kicking my butt. I enjoy it but there are lots of quick games and cheap drains. I know. Play better. Hehe

Today i did my first maintenance:
Installed cliffys in shooter lane
Installed yoyokopter save posts. Hoping this helps with cheap drains
Moved in outlane posts also help cheap drains
Wiped down and novis 1 the playfield and ramps.

Couple things of note:
A while back i reported my game sometimes doesnt clear the trough in game when you have a bounce back and the ball falls back into the trough. That hasnt happened in a while and i couldnt repeat it in the trough test. The trough itself doesnt have any broken welds or anything. Guess ill just keep an eye out for that to happen again.

My bicycle girl ramp air ball plastic is cracking right where the game slams the ramp up into it. I guess ill go see if i still have some plastic left over from making metallica sparky air ball protectors. That plastic looks thicker ill have to see if i can find some of the same thickness. Does anyone else have this issue? Seems like maybe some thin metal like a cliffy would be good to reinforce that edge of the plastic where the ramp hits it.
84DCEDDB-4414-42F2-A3BB-E85238EFC532 (resized).jpeg84DCEDDB-4414-42F2-A3BB-E85238EFC532 (resized).jpeg

#9223 3 years ago

Almost forgot to mention that on my crossbow the plunger is “loose”. By that i mean that after launching the ball it pretty much hangs out in the launched position and doesnt seem to have a spring or anything that pulls the plunger back. It seems to work 100%. But feela kinda sloppy? If that makes any sense. Im used to mechs having a spring or gravity that retuns the plunger back to place after the coil fires. Maybe this is normal with the crossbow since it is horizontal?

#9224 3 years ago

I fitted the yoyokopter lane extender and moved the posts down and it has made a very small difference and I have put up quite a few games since fitting them.
Balls still fly out, the posts need to be wider for ball contact as it just doesn’t touch when it flies out.
I have just had 4 bicycle girls protectors made, I think if you fit some of those clear washers you can get that would possibly help with the cracking from screw holes as one is very close to the edge. I wouldn't like to put metal across as I want it kept clear.

5371F84E-4B9F-423F-9F7B-813C4F8F675F (resized).jpeg5371F84E-4B9F-423F-9F7B-813C4F8F675F (resized).jpeg
#9225 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I fitted the yoyokopter lane extender and moved the posts down and it has made a very small difference and I have put up quite a few games since fitting them.
Balls still fly out, the posts need to be wider for ball contact as it just doesn’t touch when it flies out.
I have just had 4 bicycle girls protectors made, I think if you fit some of those clear washers you can get that would possibly help with the cracking from screw holes as one is very close to the edge. I wouldn't like to put metal across as I want it kept clear.
[quoted image]

Do you have the thin foam piece under your bicycle girl ramp to stop airballs. I just picked up an LE and ball was flying everywhere. Hardly ever made the ramp. I remembered having thin piece of foam under ramp on my premium and it had no issue. I stuck some electrical tape under ramp and it made an instant change in behaviour. No air balls and ramp made 98% of the time now smoothly. I have since fitted this light up protector and no issues.
71A36F91-7E25-4D31-A300-5C1D2940AB47 (resized).jpeg71A36F91-7E25-4D31-A300-5C1D2940AB47 (resized).jpeg

#9226 3 years ago

Oooh do you have a link to that light up protector?

#9227 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Do you have the thin foam piece under your bicycle girl ramp to stop airballs. I just picked up an LE and ball was flying everywhere. Hardly ever made the ramp. I remembered having thin piece of foam under ramp on my premium and it had no issue. I stuck some electrical tape under ramp and it made an instant change in behaviour. No air balls and ramp made 98% of the time now smoothly. I have since fitted this light up protector and no issues.
[quoted image]

Yes mine has the foam under the flap and have no problems at all, all good. Ramp silky smooth and no air balls.
The only problem is me not playing good enough, must concentrate more lol.
Fitted speaker lights today and colordmd yesterday which I took out of my STtNG.

1277C5A1-C42D-4DA9-A5C6-6EE413979938 (resized).jpeg1277C5A1-C42D-4DA9-A5C6-6EE413979938 (resized).jpeg
#9228 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Oooh do you have a link to that light up protector?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-WALKING-DEAD-Pinball-Active-Ramp-Guard-Mod/222138992679?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here you go. If you don’t have the bicycle girl light mod grab it at the same time and save on shipping.

#9229 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Yes mine has the foam under the flap and have no problems at all, all good. Ramp silky smooth and no air balls.
The only problem is me not playing good enough, must concentrate more lol.
Fitted speaker lights today and colordmd yesterday which I took out of my STtNG.[quoted image]

Looks awesome mate ColourDMD is a must have on this game. Lol we all need to play better but this game will still kick your arse!!

1 week later
#9230 3 years ago

Fix For Reluctant Drop Targets, Anyone?

I realize that sluggish drop targets on MET are common, so I looked at that owners' thread for a fix, but the discussion is about the opto involved getting tripped by the light show.

My farthest drop target will often fail to drop, despite being squarely struck or glanced. What's the mechanical solution? Do I replace the drop target or do I tinker with the spring and the perch?

Thanks.

#9231 3 years ago

I would tinker with the spring and mech. Don’t think the droptarget itself is the issue. If the plastic worns out the complaint would be that they drop to easily and you have the opposite.

#9232 3 years ago

Made up a replacement left ramp air ball plastic. Mine was cracked. Also put a small piece of foam on the bottom side of the rubber bump stop for the ramp. That keeps the ramp flap from slamming up into the airball plastic as much. Should help keep the new plastic in good shape.

B3E22B5F-8D38-44CD-8896-81AEA82C535E (resized).jpegB3E22B5F-8D38-44CD-8896-81AEA82C535E (resized).jpegC0C20B9E-99A4-400C-B75B-277DB47795A8 (resized).jpegC0C20B9E-99A4-400C-B75B-277DB47795A8 (resized).jpegE5F9C675-A1B9-44FD-BE55-6751B08B22FF (resized).jpegE5F9C675-A1B9-44FD-BE55-6751B08B22FF (resized).jpeg
#9233 3 years ago

Prison Bash Toy: Why it Deserves Praise

Have you ever thought much about the kinetics of the Prison? That "toy" is *solid*! With the doors closed, it's basically a rebound machine. Every strike to Prison with the doors closed is reflected right back, like a standup target would. It makes a cool "pop" sound, too. Dwight Sullivan said recently on Loser Kind Pinball Podcast that Borg focuses on kinetics and really *only* on kinetics. Well, he designed the Prison to be a solid little hut of bent steel and it really does add to the kinetics of TWD, all because he made it so solid, with a rubber stop at the peak of the doors. It's a big part of why Prison MB is my favorite MB. Up the middle, baby!
Kudos to Borg!
Prison.toy (resized).jpgPrison.toy (resized).jpg

#9234 3 years ago

Just got mine and put on cleland sound. Came with version 1.4. New code and sound is awesome. Wife loves it. I love it. Daughter hates it. Says it’s “the ugliest thing You ever bought. Why did You sell pirates. This is awful.” Never seen her get emotional over pinball.

Can’t please everyone.

Getting a few drains out of pops. Maybe 1 in 8. Its when it goes round clean mostly. I have left side slightly lower maybe should level.

Wife got grand champ so she’s chuffed.

It’s not as hard as I was led to believe. Each shot is very manageable. Tunnel is hardest but not impossible. I mean I don’t expect to get that far through it as ball times aren’t long. Even though it does seem to drain easily, It’s still heaps of fun. And great multiplayer game as ball time doesn’t go for 20 minutes.

41BFFDA3-DC63-4DF3-A65A-08B76636F14E (resized).jpeg41BFFDA3-DC63-4DF3-A65A-08B76636F14E (resized).jpeg85E73955-822F-47D5-B92B-B778A960BBE0 (resized).jpeg85E73955-822F-47D5-B92B-B778A960BBE0 (resized).jpeg

#9235 3 years ago

It is an ugly game which is the point - post apocalyptic dead corpses running around and you are trying to survive in this bleak world.
To make it a little prettier colordmd makes the animations colorful and more pleasing to the eye. Enjoy your new game and wait until you stack 3 or 4 modes on top and mayhem ensues. Great stuff! Excellent coding. enjoy the journey.

Quoted from gumnut01:

Just got mine and put on cleland sound. Came with version 1.4. New code and sound is awesome. Wife loves it. I love it. Daughter hates it. Says it’s “the ugliest thing You ever bought. Why did You sell pirates. This is awful.” Never seen her get emotional over pinball.
Can’t please everyone.
Getting a few drains out of pops. Maybe 1 in 8. Its when it goes round clean mostly. I have left side slightly lower maybe should level.
It’s not as hard as I was led to believe. Each shot is very manageable. Tunnel is hardest but not impossible. I mean I don’t expect to get that far through it as ball times aren’t long. Even though it does seem to drain easily, It’s still heaps of fun. And great multiplayer game as ball time doesn’t go for 20 minutes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#9236 3 years ago

Congrats. Mine is bolted to the floor. Get a shaker for it, get to Horde, then report back... It's awesome.

#9237 3 years ago

Reached terminus this week for the first time after almost three years of owning it. Decided to concentrate solely on missions to reach this and see it once. One hell of a game.

Must admit though that terminus was a bit underwhelming compared to Horde. Was expecting a multiball which it is not. Horde is so intense, especially with an external subwoofer

And ofcourse I f*cked it up

Twd is one hell of a game

#9238 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Congrats. Mine is bolted to the floor. Get a shaker for it, get to Horde, then report back... It's awesome.

Yep. Just put shaker in today. Pinball life one. Much more refined than the stern one I have on deadpool. And stern horde art blades. Twisted magnet 1/6 turn. Adjusted levels. Now only draining out of the pops 1/10. Which is ok. Also adjusted music level so awesome cleland voice outtakes can be heard.

Must say the lighting on the pro is excellent. Certainly does not need additional lighting. Curious as to why the cut out on the left return from the Right ramp. Is that just to cause some randomness?

I find the hardest things to hit are the drops. Most of the time I’m knocking them down with rebounds. Got crossbow for the first time today. That was fun.

#9239 3 years ago

Fix For Reluctant Drop Targets, Anyone?

I realize that sluggish drop targets on MET are common, so I looked at that owners' thread for a fix, but the discussion is about the opto involved getting tripped by the light show.

My farthest drop target will often fail to drop, despite being squarely struck or glanced. What's the mechanical solution? Do I replace the drop target or do I tinker with the spring and the perch?

Thanks.

Mr. Jehosaphat, Here's what I do to all my modern Stern drop targets banks (including TWD as pictured): I put a strip of shim stock beneath the rear of the drop target bank mounting foot, in this case .030" (thirty thousandths of an inch) thick. This tilts the entire drop target bank rearward slightly. Why do I this you may ask? Because the Stern drop targets have an angled face on them, probably designed with good intentions to stop air ball rebounds off them. However, when that angled face is hit at certain angles and speeds by a ball (mostly straight on and hit hard AF), it will cause the drop target to be lifted up while the angled face is in contact with the ball. Sometimes (maybe often times), the ball will stay in contact with the angled face of the drop target when the target is lifted and bent backwards by the momentum of the ball, then the ball will rebound while still in contact with the angle face of the drop target, and it will allow the drop target to set right back down on the drop target support, quicker than the blink of an eye, making it appear that the ball full on smashed that drop target with no resulting drop.

This shim helps negate that drop target face angle to a degree (that's almost a pun). You can experiment with shim thicknesses. I found .030" worked perfectly on my TWD. No more drop target bricks at all.

The suggestion of strengthening the drop target spring by loosening an end and re-hooking the spring farther down the body of the spring (about 1/4" or so) can also help, as it pulls down on the drop target with more force when the ball is in contact with the angled face of the drop target as previously noted. Maybe doing both will help you. It's something to try.

Good luck and happy flipping.
20200722_073231 (resized).jpg20200722_073231 (resized).jpg20200722_073259 (resized).jpg20200722_073259 (resized).jpg

#9240 3 years ago

I found a Premium to buy, but it is bone stock. Is there anywhere I can buy the Bicycle Girl ramp extender anymore? I know that the last source ended up being a scam.

#9241 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

<snip>Must admit though that terminus was a bit underwhelming compared to Horde. Was expecting a multiball which it is not.<snip>

I agree that EFT is a small reward for the work required to get there. You can complete EFT in five shots, unless I'm mistaken. Indeed, the faster you complete it, the higher your score, as it's your basic hurry-up. It does have some fun surge-of-footsteps sound FX with each completed shot, and a dope'ish animation of what appear to be people scrambling out of a train car en masse. (Never saw the show, so I don't know what all is happening, frankly.) Oh, and a good piece of music! There are many good, original pieces of music in TWD. EFT is one of them.

#9242 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I found a Premium to buy, but it is bone stock. Is there anywhere I can buy the Bicycle Girl ramp extender anymore? I know that the last source ended up being a scam.

Hi, Gambit.
I have some info for you - although not a source of this extender.
I have a Premium and I find the cause of rejects from CDC is a combination of the "transition" from the ramp flap to the fixed ramp section behind it, and the "topper" plastic that contains the ball as it launches at the peak of the ramp.
Adding the flap creates a bit of slop/flex in the ramp - which I find less desirable.
If I were you, I would first address the topper plastic. It looks like a - well, I don't know what, but it's mounted at the top of the ramp. On my game it does *not* sit low enough to truly cap the ball as it sails into space at the top of the ramp, so I do sometimes get rejects. The "lip" that forms at the transition can also launch the ball, but that lip is *not* addressed by the ramp extender. (Indeed, that lip becomes *more* pronounced with the extender.) TBH, the only fix I see for that lip is to plane off a few millimeters of the hex spacers that support/mount the upper ramp section. That would effectively lower the section to meet the ramp more flush, etc.
Sorry if this is hard to follow without photos. My point is that the extender is less of a fix than people imagine.

#9243 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

<snip>Curious as to why the cut out on the left return from the Right ramp. Is that just to cause some randomness?<snip>

The cut-out in the return ramp from Arena is an "escape" for any airball that happens to land in the trough of the ramp but isn't rolling quickly enough to make the full trip to the flipper. There's one in that spot on IM, too, or on any ramp that has a deep dip where a ball might otherwise get stuck.

#9244 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Mr. Jehosaphat, Here's what I do to all my modern Stern drop targets banks (including TWD as pictured): I put a strip of shim stock beneath the rear of the drop target bank mounting foot, in this case .030" (thirty thousandths of an inch) thick. This tilts the entire drop target bank rearward slightly. Why do I this you may ask? Because the Stern drop targets have an angled face on them, probably designed with good intentions to stop air ball rebounds off them. However, when that angled face is hit at certain angles and speeds by a ball (mostly straight on and hit hard AF), it will cause the drop target to be lifted up while the angled face is in contact with the ball. Sometimes (maybe often times), the ball will stay in contact with the angled face of the drop target when the target is lifted and bent backwards by the momentum of the ball, then the ball will rebound while still in contact with the angle face of the drop target, and it will allow the drop target to set right back down on the drop target support, quicker than the blink of an eye, making it appear that the ball full on smashed that drop target with no resulting drop.
This shim helps negate that drop target face angle to a degree (that's almost a pun). You can experiment with shim thicknesses. I found .030" worked perfectly on my TWD. No more drop target bricks at all.
The suggestion of strengthening the drop target spring by loosening an end and re-hooking the spring farther down the body of the spring (about 1/4" or so) can also help, as it pulls down on the drop target with more force when the ball is in contact with the angled face of the drop target as previously noted. Maybe doing both will help you. It's something to try.
Good luck and happy flipping.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi, Rum.
Wow. You're a champ!
Super helpful post!
I will give this a try.
I did notice that Stern drop target faces aren't quite true vertical, as you say, but I assumed there was real engineering in that aspect of them that worked to their benefit. Perhaps not.
I don't know where I will find shims of this thickness. I do have some sheet aluminum. I will measure it with my dial calipers.
I would love to have hair-trigger drops. The more those buggers drop, the faster I can get to BB and the faster I can collect that BB Super!
Thanks for noticing my post!
Much appreciated!

#9245 3 years ago

I don't know where I will find shims of this thickness. I do have some sheet aluminum. I will measure it with my dial calipers.

McMaster-Carr is a good source for plastic shim stock of various thicknesses. https://www.mcmaster.com/shim-stock/material~plastic/

The coral color #9513K25 is what I used. It actually looks orange.

You can actually by a whole set of different thicknesses for less than $40.00. See item #9513K42. It's useful for all sorts of things.

#9246 3 years ago

Trans-red Pop Bodies/skirts:

Got some inspiration from other TWD owners and bought some dope trans-red pop parts and put them in.
A word to the wise: these bodies are a tad squatter than stock, so you also have to convert your sockets from wedges to bayonets, to give you a couple of millimeters of extra clearance for the sockets to nest properly below the cap, etc. (In this photo I still have the stock wedge sockets in, and you can see how the bulbs protrude too far above the cap. The bayonet socket addresses that.)
I also tried Brite-Caps, which I found lit the trans bodies a bit *too* much, so I went back to the stock 2SMD clear-lens bulbs. I always thought the stock white bodies/skirts looked out of place on this layout, so I switched it up.

IMG_0984 (resized).jpgIMG_0984 (resized).jpg

bc_classic-1_300x225 (resized).jpgbc_classic-1_300x225 (resized).jpg
#9247 3 years ago

Say something my buddy fuckn off a real good walking dead And regrets it

#9248 3 years ago

The cut-out in the return ramp from Arena is an "escape" for any airball that happens to land in the trough of the ramp but isn't rolling quickly enough to make the full trip to the flipper. There's one in that spot on IM, too, or on any ramp that has a deep dip where a ball might otherwise get stuck.

God I’m a dumb shit! Thanks, obvious now I think of it!!

#9249 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:Just got mine and put on cleland sound. Came with version 1.4. New code and sound is awesome. Wife loves it. I love it. Daughter hates it.
It’s not as hard as I was led to believe. Each shot is very manageable. Tunnel is hardest but not impossible.

You’ll love this game mate. I made the mistake of selling my premium and regretted it big time. Luckily another came up and I couldn’t get cash out quick enough. Bonus too my wife loves it and my daughter when she comes to visit loves it too. If she ever gets married says she wants it as a wedding present.

This game is notorious for drains from the pops. If it bugs you too much an easy fix was to put a flipper rubber over the metal guide just lower from the pops. Gives a bit more bounce and makes game more enjoyable. I did it on my Premium but the LE I have now didn’t seem as bad. I have game slightly off level which helps mate.

Glad to hear you put in shaker now you need ColourDMD to really make it pop. Tunnel uggh it’s my nemesis. My wife is always the tunnel champ cause I can’t hit it to save my life. Certainly not consistently. Enjoy. One of the best Stern games I’ve owned.

#9250 3 years ago

Easiest thing to try for the pop drain is to put a thicker post rubber on, the one at the bottom as the ball comes out. Just gives the ball a little flick towards the left flipper. Helped on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.95
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/185?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.