IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 237.
#9001 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

By the way, GBLE shipped with a center post mod from factory which always seemed like a bit of an admission to me - makes sense the aftermarket would offer the same to Pro owners.

This is false.

#9002 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You haven’t beaten The Walking Dead (Pro) until you’ve finished LMS, Siege, Horde, and Terminus.

.....all in the same game....
Done it once.

#9003 4 years ago

You haven’t beaten The Walking Dead (Pro) until you’ve finished LMS, Siege, Horde, and Terminus.

I haven't even started any of these.... I suck....

#9004 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I haven't even started any of these.... I suck....

You haven’t started Horde ??

It isn’t too difficult to get to Horde. You just need to learn what you have to do to get the multikills.

#9005 4 years ago

does Horde end ? I thought it just keeps going until you get bit or escape?

#9006 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

You haven’t started Horde ??
It isn’t too difficult to get to Horde. You just need to learn what you have to do to get the multikills.

Ive come close several times but havent quite made it yet...

#9007 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

does Horde end ? I thought it just keeps going until you get bit or escape?

I consider escaping it to be the end of Horde. I think it was the latest code update that allowed you to escape. Prior to that I think it ran until you drained?

The nine billion club is an exclusive one. Elwin has one game online, anyone else know of anyone in it? I'm still a member of the zero billion club.

#9008 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It isn’t too difficult to get to Horde. Make it easy for yourself and study what is needed to get Multikills. For instance if you shoot enough Walkers from the start of the game to light Bicycle Girl, then shoot the drop targets to light the modes. Start CDC, shoot the ramp twice (maybe three times) and you will get two multikills, one for CDC and one for Bicycle Girl.
Barn needs 4 or 5 shots.
That is three very easy Multikills.

#9009 4 years ago

Oops

#9010 4 years ago

oops

#9011 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Dont feel bad. I've made it to Horde, but only once every 50 games or so. It doesnt come by often and I know what to do. Dont worry about it. As long as you're having fun and keeping at it.

#9012 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

This is false.

Ya I wondered that after I posted. I've only seen two LE's and they both had it - one installed one not. Thought it must have come with it.

#9013 4 years ago

Siege is next. Right now, I have a towel over the game, and I'm going to take a break from it. It was such a thrill to finally hit LMS, and I want to just enjoy it a bit before getting back into it. I tried playing some LOTR tonight, and just wasn't in the mood. Good thing I'm also trying to learn guitar

#9014 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Siege is next. Right now, I have a towel over the game, and I'm going to take a break from it. It was such a thrill to finally hit LMS, and I want to just enjoy it a bit before getting back into it. I tried playing some LOTR tonight, and just wasn't in the mood. Good thing I'm also trying to learn guitar

Sounds like you need to add something new to your collection?

1 week later
#9015 3 years ago

What's the best way to rack up a nice combo champion score? Looking to knock some initials off my game!

I have initials on everything except Combo Champion! Right now score is currently 7 million.

And what's the best strategy to reach Siege?

#9016 3 years ago

What's the best way to rack up a nice combo champion score? Looking to knock some initials off my game!
I have initials on everything except Combo Champion! Right now score is currently 7 million.
And what's the best strategy to reach Siege?

Make sure when you set up a big X shot collect, make it a combo with 2x playfield running.

Best strat to reach Siege? Be accurate during prison multiball. Haha. But I would try and stack blood bath with prison MB so you can get the add a balls and stay in prison MB longer. You probably won’t get to Siege the first go, so have a plan to get back into prison MB a second time and finish up.

#9017 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure when you set up a big X shot collect, make it a combo with 2x playfield running.
Best strat to reach Siege? Be accurate during prison multiball. Haha. But I would try and stack blood bath with prison MB so you can get the add a balls and stay in prison MB longer. You probably won’t get to Siege the first go, so have a plan to get back into prison MB a second time and finish up.

What do you mean by set up "X" shot?

Funny how I've reached LMS and don't even know about this!

#9018 3 years ago

The inlane. After 2 walker kills during a ball, an inlane will light for 2x (flippers change the lit lane), then every two kills after that, it adds 1x to that inlane X value. Stay away from the lit inlane until you’ve killed a bunch of walkers.

Roll through the lit inlane and the next shot is worth ?X of all the kills you’ve built up. Combine that with a combo shot and it will be worth a lot more. 2x playfield adds to that too.

#9019 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

have been playing a lot of games with the sole intent to reach siege . usual game get prison mb going make a few shots flail and drain down to one ball and work on requalify prison, throw in a blood bath or two and get the one eb from walker kills. have gotten close to siege with restarting prison at least 3 times in a really good game , finally made it last night hitting the doors for the final shot and locking my last ball on the magnet as the other prison mb ball drained .

Wish I could tell you siege was great but as it started the magnet fired the ball stdm , tilted trying to save it. this game is harsh...…..

#9020 3 years ago

Haha. Brutal. I had a similar experience the one time I’ve reached terminus. Immediate drain. Almost lasted through the opening dmd animation for it.

#9021 3 years ago

I don't think I'll ever see Seige.
I had the absolute worst Horde yesterday. Completely nerfed it, which sucked because otherwise, I had a really good game.

#9022 3 years ago

Gotta admit, when I had my pro, I adjusted the Siege requirement down from 12 to 6. It was still crazy hard, but I got there a couple times and it felt like the right level of difficulty. Since getting my premium, I haven't yet adjusted it, but I'm not sure I will ever see it again at 12...

#9023 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Since getting my premium, I haven't yet adjusted it, but I'm not sure I will ever see it again at 12...

Your Prison Bombs will help on a premium.

#9024 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The inlane. After 2 walker kills during a ball, an inlane will light for 2x (flippers change the lit lane), then every two kills after that, it adds 1x to that inlane X value. Stay away from the lit inlane until you’ve killed a bunch of walkers.
Roll through the lit inlane and the next shot is worth ?X of all the kills you’ve built up. Combine that with a combo shot and it will be worth a lot more. 2x playfield adds to that too.

Ok, so let me see if I've got this. I see that after 2 kills, the inlane X lights. So do not collect it? Just keep killing walkers, and avoid that X every time it goes through the inlane?

Then what do I need to hit to collect? Is it the first shot at anything after I collect X?

How do I light 2X on the pf, and do you get more points if you're in a mode?

#9025 3 years ago

Just realized we might be talking about different things. Isn't your instructions to put these initials up?

What I'm looking at is Combo Champion.

MVIMG_20200502_005201 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200502_005201 (resized).jpg
#9026 3 years ago

Ok, so let me see if I've got this. I see that after 2 kills, the inlane X lights. So do not collect it? Just keep killing walkers, and avoid that X every time it goes through the inlane?
Then what do I need to hit to collect? Is it the first shot at anything after I collect X?
How do I light 2X on the pf, and do you get more points if you're in a mode?

Yes you need to deliberately not collect the X. Wait until you have built it up for a while. Make sure you have an active Multikill lit (when the orange insert is lit on one of the shots). Wait until the orange insert is on the Barn shot (it changes every time you hit it). Now (with Tower lit) shoot the Riot shot to light 2X playfield. Shoot the CDC ramp then when the ball comes down the right inlane, collect the X and then immediately shoot the Barn shot. Enjoy putting your name in when the game ends.

#9027 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Yes you need to deliberately not collect the X. Wait until you have built it up for a while. Make sure you have an active Multikill lit (when the orange insert is lit on one of the shots). Wait until the orange insert is on the Barn shot (it changes every time you hit it). Now (with Tower lit) shoot the Riot shot to light 2X playfield. Shoot the CDC ramp then when the ball comes down the right inlane, collect the X and then immediately shoot the Barn shot. Enjoy putting your name in when the game ends.

And that is for "X Champion" or "Combo Champion"?

And what of I miss that barn shot after collecting X in your example, would I lose all the points?

#9028 3 years ago

Hi,
Someone knows when you get green arrows? Thanks

#9029 3 years ago

And that is for "X Champion" or "Combo Champion"?
And what of I miss that barn shot after collecting X in your example, would I lose all the points?

You would probably get both Champions with that shot. Even more points if Barn mode is running.
The Combo Champion because you shot the Barn shot immediately after the CDC shot and the X Champion solely on the basis of the amount of points you will get for the one shot after activating X.
You could probably get a new X Champion shot just in Barn. Start the mode, shoot a few Barn shots to build the value then shoot it again after activating the X shot.
You are aware that the X Shot does not have to be immediately after you roll down the inlane ? You have time to trap the ball and line up your shot.

#9030 3 years ago

Yes. You want your combo to be multiplied. That is what the X lane does as well as 2x playfield. If you X inlane multiplied shot is also a combo, you’ll kill two birds with one stone.

To light 2x playfield you hit the stand ups on either side of the prison, then shoot the riot shot which feeds the tower standup. That starts 2x playfield.

#9031 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Someone knows when you get green arrows? Thanks

Well Walker multiball. Once you collect a super jackpot the ramps light green for additional victory lap jackpots.

#9032 3 years ago

Let’s say you get 1,000,000 points for a combo. Not very good.

Now let’s say you’ve killed 10 walkers without collecting the X inlane. That is 6x saved up. That means the next shot after rolling through the X lane will be worth 6x. **but keep in mind, if you drain you lose your X and have to build it back up**

Now start 2x playfield. That means your next shot after rolling through the X lane is worth 12x.

Now setup a combo shot. Left ramp to riot. After the left ramp, move the X lane to the right inlane then after the ball runs through that inlane shoot riot.

Now that 1,000,000 combo is worth 12 million.

#9033 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well Walker multiball. Once you collect a super jackpot the ramps light green for additional victory lap jackpots.

Effectively I got the 2 green arrows of the ramps strobing and didn’t realize how I made it.
Only green arrows during WW multiball?

I also would like to know how to get louder the jackpot callout. I thing I’m running with cleland mod but need to check and if it is the last update

#9034 3 years ago

You cannot turn up individual callouts without messing with pinball browser.

I’ve only seen green on the ramps during WW MB.

#9035 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Effectively I got the 2 green arrows of the ramps strobing and didn’t realize how I made it.
Only green arrows during WW multiball?
I also would like to know how to get louder the jackpot callout. I thing I’m running with cleland mod but need to check and if it is the last update

Can't comment on the color changes in the premium but I think the ramp inserts strobe when you are in phase 2 of prison mb

#9036 3 years ago

Scoring Strategies for Horde?

Just wondering if there are ways to boost score during Horde. I find I zone out, just trying to make shots lest I be bitten. I never have a plan while I'm in Horde. I must be wasting opportunities. I have no "X" to work with, but can I light the 2x Playfield? The only score booster I sometimes take advantage of is to allow a given Walker to advance 'til more of the inserts at that shot are lit before I kill that Walker, etc, although I only dare do this on reliable shots like Barn, CDC, and Arena.

#9037 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Can't comment on the color changes in the premium but I think the ramp inserts strobe when you are in phase 2 of prison mb

I believe the arrow inserts at CDC and Arena strobe blue during Phase II of Prison MB on the Premium. That reminds me: is there strategy in Phase II of Prison MB? If I ever get that far, I'm too tired to do much more than pick off a few ramps and drain. Is there a Super' that lights at Riot for Phase II?

#9038 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You cannot turn up individual callouts without messing with pinball browser.
I’ve only seen green on the ramps during WW MB.

Chuck is right, but you can turn the "Speech Attenuation" setting down, which I believe will effectively raise the volume of all callouts relative to the music.

A note about Pinball Browser:
Right now Stern is doing its darndest to thwart alteration of SPIKE 2 firmware using Pinball Browser by adding code to flummox the program. The good news is, I don't believe any SAM firmware has this new code. So, if you want to experiment with PB on your TWD, it's still smooth sailing. I have fun with PB. It's tedious, but it's another way to customize your game to "make it your own." That kind of thing. To me, it's the best mod' out there.

#9039 3 years ago

To score big in Horde:

Get high multikill value before you enter it by playing good modes/multiballs.
The higher the multikill value the bigger the horde scoring values.

Go trough 5-6 levels if you can and when escaping Horde start double playfield before you cash in. The escape bonus is doubled then
Should be good for about 500M

#9040 3 years ago

Hi, i bought a used TWD Pro from 2017 and need some help.
Overall the game looks and feels extremly used but the playfield looks quite ok- no dimples beacaues they have "evened out".

-I gett a loud buzz sound when pressing the flipper buttons, looks like its coming from the flipper coils, i never heard this before.

-Ball eject sometimes dont pushes the ball out because its getting stuck on its way out somehow (switches are ok, and there is no eject power setting)

-littlebit weak slingshots, mechs are looking good

-ball hopping from inlane to the flipper. cant change this, because the inlanes are plastics and in a fixed position

-my biggest problem is the strange ball behavior. At first i played the game how it arrived. I didnt understand how people find this game hard at all. i nearly hit every shot and got 160.000.000 on my second game with 4 weapons and 2 multiballs, having no idea about the rulesheet. After that, i cleaned the PF with nouvos 1. from there on i just keep losing the balls nearly instantly, and it seems i cant find the shots anymore?? i noticed that i cant predict the balls path well, since it seems to change its direction after bouncing off of something. its like the ball gets a spin after bouncing off, and then it somehow gets friction on the PF and changes direction. So, i waxed the PF but its still the same.
check out how the ball changes direction after it bounces before it drains. i should have been able to save it with the left flipper.

#9041 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

ball hopping from inlane to the flipper. cant change this, because the inlanes are plastics and in a fixed position

Try Titan thin flipper rubbers.

#9042 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

check out how the ball changes direction after it bounces before it drains. i should have been able to save it with the left flipper.

Ball spin is hard to anticipate or react to. Had you made a hard slap slap on the left flipper while leaving the right flipper down, you would have been okay here. Having the right flipper up, you effectively helped the ball drain. If you’re able to get a flipper on the ball, but don’t save it, that’s pilot error. Just takes practice to get better.

Flip let go. Flip let go. Never hold the flipper up after flipping unless you’ve trapped a ball.

Ball spin will settle down once the game starts to get dirty again.

#9043 3 years ago

Sounds like you just need a good shop job on the machine. Cleaning and waxing is an important step but not the only one.

The flipper buzzing are the coils stops, they should be replaced. While you are in there, swap out the sleeves, or just plan for a full flipper rebuild.

Same with the slingshots. You could start with adjusting the switches first to see if making them more sensitive give you the reaction you are looking for.

Ball hopping - I'd just try new stock rubbers. That's what I use and never had an issue. Look to see if you have stock on it now or something different. If you switch to titans or something else you will get different ball action and you may not like that either. Did you replace all the rubbers on the game?

Spinning balls - yes, this happens when the machine is cleaned and waxed, there is a big difference between and dirty and clean TWD. Also, based on your ball comment, yours may have some other rubbers on the flippers that spin the balls more than stock rubbers.

Ball eject - there are a lot of threads on the shooter mech and making sure it is adjusted properly. Does your manual shooter rod work OK? Where does it get hung up? Balls will occasionally get caught in the pops and not make it to the top, that's normal. If it is most of the time, then you need to play witht he ball guides and see how they impact the motion. Best thing to test is with the shooter rod and use different tensions to see which works best. Sometimes a full plunge will hang it up but a lighter plunge works fine.

#9044 3 years ago

thank you, i use normal titan rubbers, maybe ill check out the thin ones.

chuckwurt
i made this clip to show the ballmovement, i know i could have saved that with one danger. i think i learned the basics about how to play, and when to hold up flippers. in this case it was a safety move to make sure the ball didnt go right down the midle after hitting the inlane plastic. if interested you can check my gameplay here, i'd LOVE to get critics since i have nobody playing with me, just the internet. not much points in this game but you can see how i play:

so i guess i have to wait until the game gets dirty again

Black_Knight
thanks i'll replace those coil stops. i just replaced the sleeves and the stops did look ok to me...

Ball hopping- im talking about the transition from the inlane to the flipper rubber not being smooth

Im talking about the ball eject from the ball trough. the plunger pushing the ball up just the half way sometimes, no problems with shooter rod or pops.
i will check some threads out on that topic, thanks.

#9045 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thank you, i use normal titan rubbers, maybe ill check out the thin ones.
chuckwurt
i made this clip to show the ballmovement, i know i could have saved that with one danger. i think i learned the basics about how to play, and when to hold up flippers. in this case it was a safety move to make sure the ball didnt go right down the midle after hitting the inlane plastic. if interested you can check my gameplay here, i'd LOVE to get critics since i have nobody playing with me, just the internet. not much points in this game but you can see how i play:
so i guess i have to wait until the game gets dirty again
black_knight
thanks i'll replace those coil stops. i just replaced the sleeves and the stops did look ok to me...
Ball hopping- im talking about the transition from the inlane to the flipper rubber not being smooth
Im talking about the ball eject from the ball trough. the plunger pushing the ball up just the half way sometimes, no problems with shooter rod or pops.
i will check some threads out on that topic, thanks.

It’s alway dicey when a ball is going to hit the inlane plastic instead of the flipper but most modern sterns it should be safe to let it bounce over. When it hits the very end of the inlane plastic, that’s usually when it kills you down the middle.

So again, had you left that right flipper down, you would’ve been fine.

#9046 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

A note about Pinball Browser:
Right now Stern is doing its darndest to thwart alteration of SPIKE 2 firmware using Pinball Browser by adding code to flummox the program. The good news is, I don't believe any SAM firmware has this new code. So, if you want to experiment with PB on your TWD, it's still smooth sailing. I have fun with PB. It's tedious, but it's another way to customize your game to "make it your own." That kind of thing. To me, it's the best mod' out there.

I'm surprised to hear that Stern is actively trying to block Pinball Browser form working. I think the software has actually helped them to sell more games. TWD and GoTG would be two examples.

#9047 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm surprised to hear that Stern is actively trying to block Pinball Browser form working. I think the software has actually helped them to sell more games. TWD and GoTG would be two examples.

Not sure how, but I wonder if they could be held accountable if people are able to get unlicensed stuff into their games.

#9048 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, kind of sucks, and to counterpoint, I am the owner of the machine, therefore I should be able to do what I want with it. To add, I think the big thing was people selling their services or sound packages and making money off of them. I'm sure if money wasn't involved, it wouldn't be an issue.

With that said, I wonder if Stern sent out any C&D letters. I can think of one person advertising their music mixing services.

#9049 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The flipper buzzing are the coils stops, they should be replaced. While you are in there, swap out the sleeves, or just plan for a full flipper rebuild.
Same with the slingshots. You could start with adjusting the switches first to see if making them more sensitive give you the reaction you are looking for.

i did replace the coil stops and the sleeves with no success, see the video. Should i replace the plunger next, the coil, or the whole thing including the metal base?

chuckwurt
i learned to raise the flipper in those situations from the deadflip streams and it works for me on other machines mostly. its just because of those spinning balls. so you are saying i really should stop it? because i get alot of those center drains, coming from the edge of the inlane. do you have some gameplay of yours? i'd love to see some.
here is another example, the ball magically dodges my flippers.

here is a short example of jack danger doing it multiple times, just watch 20 seconds:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/607525236?t=01h20m15s

#9050 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

so you are saying i really should stop it?

In that exact situation yes. As you can see there was no chance of a center drain off that inlane bounce so why do something that protects against that when it had no chance of happening. Again, had you not done that, you would’ve avoided the drain.

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

do you have some gameplay of yours? i'd love to see some.

I’m speaking in generalities. If the ball hits the inlane guide right by the flipper, that’s almost always a center drain. If the ball is going fast enough and hits up higher on the guide, it will lead to bounces to the other flipper like in your video. This is only for plastic guides. Metal guides behave differently. There is no perfect solution, sometimes you just have to adapt.

The jack danger video is a completely different game with metal guides instead of plastic. Also the flippers are spaced different and sit lower. Can’t really compare them. Have to adapt and learn different moves that work on different games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/181 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.