Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:
How many TWD owners are doing this? I would love a true orbit from Barn, but there's a reason why the ball snags a pop as it goes by after a shot to Barn. It's a bit of a marvel, really. Every time I witness it, I'm impressed and I imagine that Borg gave it a lot of thought. The pop fires at just the right instant to redirect the ball into the last segment of the plunge lane, before finally stopping at the Tower target. It's quite a ride! Still, I would rather have the ball sail through to my left flipper!
to the op I think the felt or similar on the ball guide is to allow the barn orbit shots to avoid the pops on the way back to the flippers.
I would try a thicker post rubber on the left crossbow ramp post to bump the ball as it exits if you are getting sdtm drains, pinball life sells.
Jason try it ! it is simple and easy to undo. it makes the game more brutal if you can stand more of a beating .
The brutality comes from how fast the ball returns to the flipper with a clean barn shot and as well it has some variability so say 80% of the time the ball comes back clean to the left flipper the other 20% it goes in the pops , of course the one time you expect it to go in pops it comes flying back.
I corresponded with John Borg about what his intent for this shot was ( the pops) but he thought it was a cool idea and was going to try it himself