IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 236.
#8951 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

How many TWD owners are doing this? I would love a true orbit from Barn, but there's a reason why the ball snags a pop as it goes by after a shot to Barn. It's a bit of a marvel, really. Every time I witness it, I'm impressed and I imagine that Borg gave it a lot of thought. The pop fires at just the right instant to redirect the ball into the last segment of the plunge lane, before finally stopping at the Tower target. It's quite a ride! Still, I would rather have the ball sail through to my left flipper!

to the op I think the felt or similar on the ball guide is to allow the barn orbit shots to avoid the pops on the way back to the flippers.

I would try a thicker post rubber on the left crossbow ramp post to bump the ball as it exits if you are getting sdtm drains, pinball life sells.

Jason try it ! it is simple and easy to undo. it makes the game more brutal if you can stand more of a beating .
The brutality comes from how fast the ball returns to the flipper with a clean barn shot and as well it has some variability so say 80% of the time the ball comes back clean to the left flipper the other 20% it goes in the pops , of course the one time you expect it to go in pops it comes flying back.

I corresponded with John Borg about what his intent for this shot was ( the pops) but he thought it was a cool idea and was going to try it himself

#8952 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I corresponded with John Borg about what his intent for this shot was ( the pops) but he thought it was a cool idea and was going to try it himself

So the intended ball travel was for it to go to the pops?

#8953 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So the intended ball travel was for it to go to the pops?

yes

#8954 3 years ago

Good to know. Ive always wondered myself.

#8955 3 years ago

Does anyone by any chance have a link to the Cleland 1.60 code that does not have the plunge music changed? The Negan whistle during that song kills my brain.

#8956 3 years ago

Don’t know what happened. Was in tunnel mode, completed a round, hit another White arrow and I see on the Screen 70M, another shot, 10M..
I think I succeded 3 or 4 tunnel shots before starting the first white arrows set.

#8957 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Don’t know what happened. Was in tunnel mode, completed a round, hit another White arrow and I see on the Screen 70M, another shot, 10M..
I think I succeded 3 or 4 tunnel shots before starting the first white arrows set.

"Tunnel
Shooting the Railroad shot between the Arena ramp and the well walker starts Tunnel mode. Tunnel mode consists of two phases.

In the first build phase, all lit shots including Tunnel are worth 5M. However, shooting the Tunnel before making any of the other lit shots increases the value of all shots, including tunnel, by 2.5M per shot. Shooting any other shot will lock in the value of tunnel. In the second collect phase, all shots are lit to collect whatever value was built in the initial phase of Tunnel. To finish Tunnel mode shoot the Tunnel shot after collecting any other lit shot."

My guess is you hit tunnel again at the beginning to award ten million per shot instead of five. Then you got into the second collect phase and it awarded you the value that you built in phase one.

It's not clear to me how to get to the second collect phase. If you shoot tunnel again the mode ends. Maybe shooting barn, CDC, riot, and arena, then they all relight?

#8958 3 years ago

At the start of tunnel, shoot nothing but tunnel to collect and advance the tunnel value. 5mm then 7.5mm then 10mm and so on. Once you shoot another shot that value is locked in. Shoot all lit shots EXCEPT tunnel to relight all shots. Tunnel can last forever if you’re hitting drops all the time too.

Once tunnel is hit again it ends.

#8959 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

At the start of tunnel, shoot nothing but tunnel to collect and advance the tunnel value. 5mm then 7.5mm then 10mm and so on. Once you shoot another shot that value is locked in. Shoot all lit shots EXCEPT tunnel to relight all shots. Tunnel can last forever if you’re hitting drops all the time too.
Once tunnel is hit again it ends.

That’s it but I think I have multiplied the shot with X and I should have been on 7X
I have just understood how is working X multiplier linked to the number of walkers killed. And When the ball rolls over the X insert lit the next shot will benefit the X multiplier. What has happened without I know it.

#8960 3 years ago

Yes. All shots in tunnel will be applied to any x inlane shot. So if you built up the values to 10mm a pop and you had a 7x inlane x shot to a tunnel mode shot, that would get you 70mm.

#8961 3 years ago

Love the sound effect when you make a Tunnel shot.

#8962 3 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Love the sound effect when you make a Tunnel shot.

Oh yeah. That mode all around is so good especially if you can keep it rocking for a long time.

#8963 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do you recall rolling over an X Multiplier prior to the shot?

#8964 3 years ago

I like the game bit I'll never come close to figuring out the nuances to the rules.

#8965 3 years ago

Holy shit!!! I did it!!!

I was just locked in, hitting all the multi-kill shots, and got to 115 for my second time ever!

Last time I was on my last ball and I drained, but this time I was still on ball 1, so had some insurance.

Even took a photo cradling the ball before I got that final shot. I did miss it 3 times and scrambled to regain control.

My hand we're trembling when I took that photo! What a rush!!!

I said I would sell the game after getting to LMS, but now I'm wanting to keep it more than ever! Awesome game!!!

VID_20200418_000903_exported_3669_1587183772776 (resized).jpgVID_20200418_000903_exported_3669_1587183772776 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_001412 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_001412 (resized).jpg
#8966 3 years ago

Put up some high scores too!

IMG_20200418_004547 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_004547 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_004549 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_004549 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_004551 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_004551 (resized).jpg
#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. All shots in tunnel will be applied to any x inlane shot. So if you built up the values to 10mm a pop and you had a 7x inlane x shot to a tunnel mode shot, that would get you 70mm.

I guess if I have had 2X playfield at this time I would have scored 140M on a single shot!
This game is insanely great!

#8968 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Put up some high scores too![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!
Can’t go further the Horde till now! This game gets an huge longevity with me!

#8969 3 years ago

Congratulations wizard. well done!!

Siege awaits unless you have been there too!

#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Congratulations wizard. well done!!
Siege awaits unless you have been there too!

Thanks dude! This is definitely one tough wizard to get to, and I'm still pumped that I got it!

Next up... VALINOR!

#8971 3 years ago

The Dark Ages...

So, you need a custom part for your TWD, but you don't have CAD expertise and a 3-D printer?

No problem! Just go *backwards*, all the way to that nostalgic era when people used handtools! Imagine!

Get out the following:

1. Scrap of 16-guage stainless
2. Scissors
3. Posterboard/paper/tape/string/black sharpie
4. Hacksaw
5. Files/pliers
6. Bench vice
7. Drill press/drill bits

Throw in a lot of time and a taste for fabricating stuff and you can make...

THIS!

(What do you mean you have no idea what it is? Just ask yourself, what would be darned handy on the TWD playfield?)

Installation images to follow...

IMG_0865 (resized).jpgIMG_0865 (resized).jpg
#8972 3 years ago

The Dark Ages...
So, you need a custom part for your TWD, but you don't have CAD expertise and a 3-D printer?
No problem! Just go *backwards*, all the way to that nostalgic era when people used handtools! Imagine!
Get out the following:
1. Scrap of 16-guage stainless
2. Scissors
3. Posterboard/paper/tape/string/black sharpie
4. Hacksaw
5. Files/pliers
6. Bench vice
7. Drill press/drill bits
Throw in a lot of time and a taste for fabricating stuff and you can make...
THIS!
(What do you mean you have no idea what it is? Just ask yourself, what would be darned handy on the TWD playfield?)
Installation images to follow...[quoted image]

Haven't the foggiest idea what this is going to be but anxiously watching! Nice workmanship if that's all the tools you used.

#8973 3 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Haven't the foggiest idea what this is going to be but anxiously watching! Nice workmanship if that's all the tools you used.

Not a single guess so far.
C'mon! Let's hear it!

IMG_0864 (resized).jpgIMG_0864 (resized).jpg
#8974 3 years ago

Not a single guess so far.
C'mon! Let's hear it![quoted image]

Is it something for practicing with the glass off?

#8975 3 years ago

Help guide the ball into the crossbow better.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8976 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:<snip>Just ask yourself, what would be darned handy on the TWD playfield?<snip>[quoted image]
Quoted from pinballjj:

Is it something for practicing with the glass off?

So, no. Good try though. This is a DIY mod to address perhaps the most frustrating aspect of this layout. Anyone?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Help guide the ball into the crossbow better.

Interesting. A mod to guide the ball into the Crossbow better? No. I have looked at how the ball makes its way to the Crossbow after the lane magnet does its thing. It basically dead-ends at a large rubber stop, then rolls gently to the Crossbow. It would be cooler if it glided right in there rather than first bump against that stop, but I wouldn't muck with that.

#8977 3 years ago

So, no. Good try though. This is a DIY mod to address perhaps the most frustrating aspect of this layout. Anyone?

Disables the well walker magnet?

#8978 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Disables the well walker magnet?

That can be done in the settings, as you know.

Again, what is the aspect of the layout that frustrates the great majority of players of this game? What pisses players off to the point that they just want toss the game in the river?

#8979 3 years ago

Again, what is the aspect of this layout that frustrates the great majority of players of this game? What pisses players off to the point that they just want toss the game in the river?

Everything I can think of already has multiple solutions. So it’s one of these:

Pops feed
Right ramp return launching balls.
Crossbow not firing on the way out
Prison magnet firing SDTM
Prison head not registering
Up/down ramp killing ball momentum
Hungry outlanes
Bricking drop targets
Ball getting stuck on the ramp behind the backboard.
Ball jumping the prison optos
Well walker not registering or phantom registering.
Ball getting stuck behind the well walker.
Well walker getting stuck tilted back

That’s all I can think of. Haha

#8980 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Everything I can think of already has multiple solutions. So it’s one of these:
Pops feed
Right ramp return launching balls.
Crossbow not firing on the way out
Prison magnet firing SDTM
Prison head not registering
Up/down ramp killing ball momentum
Hungry outlanes
Bricking drop targets
Ball getting stuck on the ramp behind the backboard.
Ball jumping the prison optos
Well walker not registering or phantom registering.
Ball getting stuck behind the well walker.
Well walker getting stuck tilted back
That’s all I can think of. Haha

Wow. That's quite a list!
And, not surprisingly, the answer is here.
Let's see a photo...

#8981 3 years ago

Guesses now?

IMG_0868 (resized).jpgIMG_0868 (resized).jpg
#8982 3 years ago

Peek-a-boo!
I see you!

IMG_0867 (resized).jpgIMG_0867 (resized).jpg
#8983 3 years ago

You added a center post? Cheater. Haha

#8984 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cheater? Sure.

IMG_0869 (resized).jpgIMG_0869 (resized).jpg
#8985 3 years ago

Cheater? Sure.[quoted image]

Very creative Jason. That will help you to get to LMS for sure!

I bet the Ghostbusters owners would like to have that mod.

#8986 3 years ago

I would just be careful with all that sharp metal being there to possibly nick up the pinballs and damage the playfield.

#8987 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Very creative Jason. That will help you to get to LMS for sure!
I bet the Ghostbusters owners would like to have that mod.

I know I've seen a center post mod for GB before.

Here it is: https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-upgrade-kit.html

#8988 3 years ago

Very creative

#8989 3 years ago

Peek-a-boo!
I see you![quoted image]

I agree with chuckwurt , that looks like a recipe for a big scratch on the insert, looks like you have that metal piece hanging down to reinforce the post at the rubber you can trim a lot off the bottom of the metal without affecting its intended function

let's see what you come up with for the outlanes!

#8990 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I agree with chuckwurt , that looks like a recipe for a big scratch on the insert, looks like you have that metal piece hanging down to reinforce the post at the rubber you can trim a lot off the bottom of the metal without affecting its intended function
let's see what you come up with for the outlanes!

It's difficult to tell in the picture, but I don't think the post or the metal behind it are touching the playfield, and I'm having a hard time figuring out where the ball would come into contact with any sharp edges. With that post there, there wouldn't be any bounce backs from the apron.

I think if he files the edges a little more, which is probably his intent, it would work out fine for him.

#8991 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You might as well just take the glass off or learn how to nudge.

#8992 3 years ago

Ok sure but changing the intended gameplay isn't normally the goal of mods. But hey have fun.

#8993 3 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Ok sure but changing the intended gameplay isn't normally the goal of mods. But hey have fun.

I have always been pretty hardcore about leaving the game and rules at factory settings but I have made a few minor tweaks on my GB and like added a ball save on Munsters and I like them better now.

I still wont do anything too far from stock but if it makes the game more fun for him then I say go for it. He's the only one playing it so if it makes it more enjoyable for him with a center post good for him. He can always take it back off.

#8994 3 years ago

I would be interested in hearing how your scores change with this in place , have fun with this mod .

for me the outlanes are the momentum killer I either end up tilting or nudging the wrong way .

#8995 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:<snip>I don't think the post or the metal behind it are touching the playfield<snip>

You are correct. The vital support tang behind the post is nowhere near the surface of the PF.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would just be careful with all that sharp metal being there to possibly nick up the pinballs and damage the playfield.

Good point. I took your advice and made Center Post 2.0. Cut away the sharp "nose" and excised as much non-essential material as I practically could with a hacksaw and files.

Quoted from pinballjj:

I would be interested in hearing how your scores change with this in place , have fun with this mod .
for me the outlanes are the momentum killer I either end up tilting or nudging the wrong way .

The post has been in for two days now. New GCS on the first night. So, yeah, BIG advantage. But you know what: this layout in stock trim kicked my ass mercilessly and it made it hard to enjoy the game. You could argue that I won't get better if I take away the challenges, but I'm able to do a fork-ton more shooting this way and see more of the game, rules-wise, so it's helpful to me and I'm glad to try it.

TWD.Center.Post.II.from.right (resized).jpgTWD.Center.Post.II.from.right (resized).jpg
#8996 3 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Yes and no.
It's uncommon, but there are "mods" that address PF "flaws." The layout of Ghostbusters, for example, inspired mod makers to offer both a lane-hop-stop mod and a center-post mod. Fezmid suggested I simply use that mod on my TWD, but such a mod can't work on a TWD Premium as the Crossbow would conflict with it. The challenge of making a bracket for my TWD came from designing it to reside in the sliver of space above the ball and beneath the bottom of the Crossbow housing. Low tolerance!

#8997 3 years ago

Yes and no.
It's uncommon, but there are "mods" that address PF "flaws." The layout of Ghostbusters, for example, inspired mod makers to offer both a lane-hop-stop mod and a center-post mod. Fezmid suggested I simply use that mod on my TWD, but such a mod can't work on a TWD Premium as the Crossbow would conflict with it. The challenge of making a bracket for my TWD came from designing it to reside in the sliver of space above the ball and beneath the bottom of the Crossbow housing. Low tolerance!

For sure, it's your game and nothing wrong with setting it up your way.

I was just referencing why it was so hard to guess what you were building.

By the way, GBLE shipped with a center post mod from factory which always seemed like a bit of an admission to me - makes sense the aftermarket would offer the same to Pro owners.

#8998 3 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

For sure, it's your game and nothing wrong with setting it up your way.
I was just referencing why it was so hard to guess what you were building.
By the way, GBLE shipped with a center post mod from factory which always seemed like a bit of an admission to me - makes sense the aftermarket would offer the same to Pro owners.

No centre post with my gble, nor anyone else's in Australia that I'm aware of

#8999 3 years ago

The post has been in for two days now. New GCS on the first night. So, yeah, BIG advantage. But you know what: this layout in stock trim kicked my ass mercilessly and it made it hard to enjoy the game. You could argue that I won't get better if I take away the challenges, but I'm able to do a fork-ton more shooting this way and see more of the game, rules-wise, so it's helpful to me and I'm glad to try it.[quoted image]

Who cares what anyone thinks about what you decide to do with your game. If you're having more fun, you're doing something right.

I've had the game for two years, and just got to LMS. My wife and friends think it's the worst game here because of how brutal it is. Maybe now that I beat it, I might try bringing down the outlanes so that other can enjoy it.

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

now that I beat it,

You haven’t beaten #the_walking_dead until you’ve finished LMS, Siege, Horde, and Terminus.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/180?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.