IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 237.
#851 8 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

1) How to reduce drains through the pop bumpers

Make sure the game is level side to side and at about a 7 degree pitch.

Quoted from beefzap:

2) How to reduce drains off the barn magnet. Sometimes the magnet does not activate long enough and the ball just goes sits there then SDTM

If you hit your flipper buttons a few times, it will usually cause the magnet to pulse and keep the ball from draining SDTM.

Quoted from beefzap:

3) How to improve the detection of the switch on the zombie head in the barn so all hits are registered.

You should be able to adjust the switch gap to make it more sensitive.

#852 8 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Rather than Dig through all the TWD posts, I have a few issues that I think have been resolved to some degree and would like some help:
1) How to reduce drains through the pop bumpers
2) How to reduce drains off the barn magnet. Sometimes the magnet does not activate long enough and the ball just goes sits there then SDTM
3) How to improve the detection of the switch on the zombie head in the barn so all hits are registered.
Thanks

1 - adjust level, change rubber on left post of the right ramp entrance (slightly larger post sleeve)
2 - click both flipper buttons to cut animation short and it will throw the ball with the magnet
3 - adjust the leaf switch from under the playfield

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ahh then Star Trek sorta has this. At any point mid game when the ball goes to the shooter lane, you can hold the left flipper to light the vengeance or right ramp for a second super skill shot.

I've owned an STLE since it first came out, and never knew this. I guess you learn something new every day.

#854 8 years ago

Hey guys, just ordered a premium. It came out of the factory a month ago and I was told it comes with the bicycle girl ramp fix already installed. Has anyone else had their Walking Dead come with this fix installed and was it adequate enough to prevent all damage to the playfield?

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, just ordered a premium. It came out of the factory a month ago and I was told it comes with the bicycle girl ramp fix already installed. Has anyone else had their Walking Dead come with this fix installed and was it adequate enough to prevent all damage to the playfield?

Yep and yep

#856 8 years ago

Great news, thanks!

#857 8 years ago

Hey guys I ordered the crossbow mod and noticed when I received the instructions that my crossbow only has 1 slit instead of 3 am I the only one?image.jpegimage.jpeg

#858 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Hey guys I ordered the crossbow mod and noticed when I received the instructions that my crossbow only has 1 slit instead of 3 am I the only one?image.jpeg

Yes

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Hey guys I ordered the crossbow mod and noticed when I received the instructions that my crossbow only has 1 slit instead of 3 am I the only one?image.jpeg

Is it possibly mounted upside down? 3 slits on the bottom (or side) instead of the top?

#861 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Wait a minute. Maybe I answered too hasty. I can't see the top of my crossbow mech anymore but the side does have three slits.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#862 8 years ago

My side view

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

My side view

image.jpeg

Yeah yours is different. Stern probably changed it for later runs or for premiums. Maybe all premiums are like that? What's the build date of yours?

#864 8 years ago

It says dec 2014. it has the bicycle girl fix installed already. Anyway sucks not sure how to install the crossbow mod now.

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

It says dec 2014. it has the bicycle girl fix installed already. Anyway sucks not sure how to install the crossbow mod now.

Those slots have nothing to do with the installation. Whose crossbow mod do you have?

#866 8 years ago

This one

image.pngimage.png

#867 8 years ago

Oh ok I have Mezel mods crossbow. Just install it the mez l mods way by putting that wire to the side instead and taping it.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Here are the full instructions:

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204985125-Crossbow-Prem-LE

#868 8 years ago

My crossbow only has one slit also.

#869 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

My crossbow only has one slit also.

Do you have the mod installed?

#870 8 years ago

Walkers.jpgWalkers.jpg

haha.....Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Finally got here. Probably nailed about 130 total.

I must have not triggered it though. WTF happens when you get there?

LMS lights start spinning and I just keep going...............

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Do you have the mod installed?

I ordered one but I didn't know it might not fit. Plus I have a led strip there to light up the flipper area. I guess we will see what I get and how it wants to be installed and go from there.

#872 8 years ago

Does anyone's crossbow intermittently accept a ball then try to move but it doesn't then the crossbow shot times out. Then the crossbow moves out and releases the call? This seems to happen to me about 10% of the time now. The switches 50 and 51 work perfectly in test and the cross bow motor moves the crossbow with no problems.

#873 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Does anyone's crossbow intermittently accept a ball then try to move but it doesn't then the crossbow shot times out. Then the crossbow moves out and releases the call? This seems to happen to me about 10% of the time now. The switches 50 and 51 work perfectly in test and the cross bow motor moves the crossbow with no problems.

Check your prison zombie switch. This bugged the hell out of me for a week+. Finally found that when the doors closed for the xbow shot, the prison zombie switch was making contact ending the xbow mode.

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yeah mine does that too occasionally, would like to know what's going on there.

#875 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I ordered one but I didn't know it might not fit. Plus I have a led strip there to light up the flipper area. I guess we will see what I get and how it wants to be installed and go from there.

If you ordered Mezel mods crossbow it will fit. If you ordered the other one, it will still fit, just install it the Mezel mods way.

#876 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

If you ordered Mezel mods crossbow it will fit. If you ordered the other one, it will still fit, just install it the Mezel mods way.

QC are those glow in the dark rubbers on your flippers?

#877 8 years ago

I've noticed that once the ball is loaded into the crossbow, it sometimes takes a long time for the mode to actually begin. Because of this, if I wait to shoot the ball until the crossbow is on its way back to the home position, the game occasionally goes into a ball search. Is this an issue with my game, or a bug in the software?

#878 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've noticed that once the ball is loaded into the crossbow, it sometimes takes a long time for the mode to actually begin. Because of this, if I wait to shoot the ball until the crossbow is on its way back to the home position, the game occasionally goes into a ball search. Is this an issue with my game, or a bug in the software?

Doesn't always happen, but if you start Arena Dead Mode, then the ball travels to the Xbow, the Xbow animation has to wait for Arena animation to finish. That'll get you a ball search.
Hoping that this is one of the things that Lyman was talking about when he said the next update will be cleaning things up.

#879 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

QC are those glow in the dark rubbers on your flippers?

Yes. I replaced all the rubbers in my TWD LE with glow in the dark Titan competition rubbers. I thought they would glow in the dark when all the GI went out but that doesn't happen on the LE so the effect would probably be better on a pro model where the GI lights actually do go out. But they look really cool and Erie and fit the theme so I am leaving them on.

#880 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Walkers.jpg
haha.....Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
Finally got here. Probably nailed about 130 total.
I must have not triggered it though. WTF happens when you get there?
LMS lights start spinning and I just keep going...............

You have to hit the Woodbury shot to start the mode. You get the LMS intro and you then are required to kill another 115 walkers to complete it I believe. Haven't completed it myself though, so I am not a 100% that is all that is required. Hope that helps.

#881 8 years ago

Does anyone know if the premium version is still in production? I'm trying to get my hands on one and several distributors are saying its no longer in production, but Stern "might" rerun it in January. Any way to confirm this?

#882 8 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Does anyone know if the premium version is still in production? I'm trying to get my hands on one and several distributors are saying its no longer in production, but Stern "might" rerun it in January. Any way to confirm this?

I just ordered a Refinery Edition and those guys have said that another Premium run will be made in January or February 2016. My impression was that this is pretty firm, so you should hopefully be able to find one then.

#883 8 years ago

picked up a premium today from pinball refinery (amazing price and service)
Its very fun and brutal game.. heres a few first impressions/critiques after a few plays:

1. outlanes are absolutely brutal, almost to the point of not being fun. had to lower them. little better now but still vicious.
2. how a bicycle girl light was not included in the base package is beyond me. its completely dark and impossible to see in a dark room.
3. bumpers do drain easily down center
4. the cross bow, is a cool feature but not as fun as i would have expected.
5. light show on the premium is great.

anyways still too new to really understand what the hell I'm doing but the game is fun.

#884 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check your prison zombie switch. This bugged the hell out of me for a week+. Finally found that when the doors closed for the xbow shot, the prison zombie switch was making contact ending the xbow mode.

Thank you. I'll try that or at very least see if the prison doors change state when this happens and don't when it doesnt.

Quoted from Chambahz:

Doesn't always happen, but if you start Arena Dead Mode, then the ball travels to the Xbow, the Xbow animation has to wait for Arena animation to finish. That'll get you a ball search.
Hoping that this is one of the things that Lyman was talking about when he said the next update will be cleaning things up.

I always double flipper those animations away.

#885 8 years ago

Love playing this game now. I have the pro and very happy with it...Its just so fast I sometimes have no clue what I am doing.

Need a strategy to start getting better at getting modes...

Do the drop targets start modes? I seems to get cdc and barn a lot and love playing them

Im getting very good at making shots just need to focus on a way to progress. The Bowen tutorial is helpful but its fast also

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Do the drop targets start modes?

Yes - first mode is 1 set of drops, after that it's 2 sets of drops to start a mode.
Once you complete the drops to "Light Modes" call-out "Dead Features are Lit" -> the mode lights will flash -> the first flashing mode shot made will start that mode. After a mode has been played, the feature light will stay lit and will not flash when you light the modes - therefore you cannot re-start a mode that has already been played, until you finish all modes and they all reset.

#887 8 years ago

Oh ok I have Mezel mods crossbow. Just install it the mez l mods way by putting that wire to the side instead and taping it.
image.jpeg
Here are the full instructions:
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204985125-Crossbow-Prem-LE

Does your crossbow tape on the top of the factory crossbow? Mine has a pin that slides into the second slot which I don't have. I might need to get the Mezel one if that is the case.

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

2. how a bicycle girl light was not included in the base package is beyond me. its completely dark and impossible to see in a dark room.

The light is on the way to you Special green edition. Please share how it looks like!

#889 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Does your crossbow tape on the top of the factory crossbow? Mine has a pin that slides into the second slot which I don't have. I might need to get the Mezel one if that is the case.

Yes. The Mezel mod crossbow has super sticky double sided tape on the bottom of the crossbow mod so you can stick it to TWD crossbow mech. Yeah sounds like the one you bought won't work with your game. Sorry to hear that man

#890 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

The light is on the way to you Special green edition. Please share how it looks like!

What is a green addition?

#891 8 years ago

Yes. The Mezel mod crossbow has super sticky double sided tape on the bottom of the crossbow mod so you can stick it to TWD crossbow mech. Yeah sounds like the one you bought won't work with your game. Sorry to hear that man

Okay thanks maybe I can get a refund.
Lisa

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Okay thanks maybe I can get a refund.
Lisa

Oops, I mean sorry to hear that Lisa. Didn't mean to call you a man

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

You have to hit the Woodbury shot to start the mode. You get the LMS intro and you then are required to kill another 115 walkers to complete it I believe. Haven't completed it myself though, so I am not a 100% that is all that is required. Hope that helps.

Thank you, forgot about that. I was so excited i didn't know what to hit next.

Well that sucks, but leaves me with something to accomplish now.

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Hi Lisa , you can cut the pin without problem, you just need found how pass the wire

#895 8 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi Lisa , you can cut the pin without problem, you just need found how pass the wire

That's beyond me unfortunately.

#896 8 years ago

I beleive its in relation to how close they are to the screen. They keep getting closer and closer. Then when they get too close, they "bite" you and your flippers die and the ball drains. However I do not know if that would actually count as you draining a ball or or if it would kick another ball out and resume play (if you were on ball three)?

You'll get the ball back with a "keep shooting" message. It's akin to when time runs out on LITZ.

#897 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Yes - first mode is 1 set of drops, after that it's 2 sets of drops to start a mode.
Once you complete the drops to "Light Modes" call-out "Dead Features are Lit" -> the mode lights will flash -> the first flashing mode shot made will start that mode. After a mode has been played, the feature light will stay lit and will not flash when you light the modes - therefore you cannot re-start a mode that has already been played, until you finish all modes and they all reset.

Thanks t7 My first gsme understanding rules Better I jumped to 94m. Still always to go. Next question. Is there any order to hitting drops required or just hit them. Tbought Bowen said to try for specific order

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Next question. Is there any order to hitting drops required or just hit them. Tbought Bowen said to try for specific order

The order of the 3 drops does not matter. But the first drop down determines which type of supply you will get when you complete that set.
The supply types are:

- First Aid
- Weapons
- Food

The main thing you want to shoot for is lighting all 3 of these lights -> so you can start Blood Bath Multiball.
These lights rotate when all 3 drops are up - whichever light is lit when you hit the first drop down (any of the 3) will determine which supply type you will collect when you get all 3 drops down.

#899 8 years ago

TWD has the coolest skill shot and bonus animations ever.

#900 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

TWD has the coolest skill shot and bonus animations ever.

Yes it does ! do the star switches on the Pf just to the left of skill shot lanes impact skill shot value ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.