IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 237.
#8851 4 years ago

Does anyone else see the resemblance of the walker near the right sling to 90s Ozzy?

98B1BFBD-E3D1-492F-B1E4-7AC6E0E6405C (resized).jpeg98B1BFBD-E3D1-492F-B1E4-7AC6E0E6405C (resized).jpeg
#8852 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Does anyone else see the resemblance of the walker near the right sling to 90s Ozzy?

lol

#8853 4 years ago

If I do Titan rubbers for my TWD pro which looks better, red or clear? Anyone have pics of their Titan jobs?

#8854 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

If I do Titan rubbers for my TWD pro which looks better, red or clear? Anyone have pics of their Titan jobs?

Mine had red and I put clear on, I like the look of the clear better. I'm sure I've posted some pics in this thread with the clear.

This is the post with the clear rings: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/148#post-4764678

#8855 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Mine had red and I put clear on, I like the look of the clear better. I'm sure I've posted some pics in this thread with the clear.
This is the post with the clear rings: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/148#post-4764678

Sweet thanks. Somehow I missed those pics. I was going through the 1500+ pics in the TWD gallery and gave up then did a word search for Titan and was actually looking at your Titan order list last night but missed those pics. I DO like the clear with red skinny posts. You still like the skinnies or would you advise going standard thickness for post sleeves? Why skinny? To make the ramp shot easier?

#8856 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Had a screaming hot shot up the right ramp. The ball as it came back down the left side hit that bump in the ramp and it flew up over the red flasher area and land in the crossbow. Cross bow mode wasnt active.
Game went into a mode to clear the crossbow, but it fired the ball early and right back into the left side return ramp and it smacked the glass and then went back into crossbow to repeat.
After several times of this happening, i took the glass of and put the ball outta the crossbow and into the shooter lane.
Anyone else have this happen before?

That's wild! Can't recall that ever happening on my TWD.

#8857 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's wild! Can't recall that ever happening on my TWD.

I had the ball jump outta the ramp a second time. This time I know more of how it happened. I hit a hard fast shot up through the pops for the tunnel shot and then when it came back to the left flipper I flipped it full speed up the right ramp. This time it went around and jumped outta the ramp return again, bounced off something, and went SDTM.

Guess I need to stop hitting screaming shots up that loop. Hehe

#8858 4 years ago

Sweet thanks. Somehow I missed those pics. I was going through the 1500+ pics in the TWD gallery and gave up then did a word search for Titan and was actually looking at your Titan order list last night but missed those pics. I DO like the clear with red skinny posts. You still like the skinnies or would you advise going standard thickness for post sleeves? Why skinny? To make the ramp shot easier?

To be honest, I can't remember why I went with the skinny posts... probably because they said "Stern" in the name . I'd order both and see what you think. IMO both ramp shots are pretty easy on TWD so I can't imagine I did it to make it easier, if I recall my comments on the change in game play had more to do with the ball rolling either the right side of the left ramp when coming back down from the riot shot or the left side of the right ramp when rolling down from the pop's. I believe the skinny posts make that roll a little more true and doesn't give the ball a little hop because the posts don't protrude like a standard post did.

I no longer have the game and it's been a while, but that's what I recall.

#8859 4 years ago

Ive been noticing that it sounds like most of the sound is coming from the subwoofer on the bottom of the cabinet vs. the speakers in the backbox. I have no idea why this would be.

Is it normal? I havent really messed with the machine in a while and I think the last thing I did was install a Colordmd a while ago.

#8860 4 years ago

Not normal. Probably wouldn't hurt to lay the speaker panel down and look for loose connectors.

Quoted from Rager170:

Is it normal? I havent really messed with the machine in a while and I think the last thing I did was install a Colordmd a while ago.

#8861 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not normal. Probably wouldn't hurt to lay the speaker panel down and look for loose connectors.

I took a look last night and didnt see anything out of the norm. Guess I will have to take a better look.

Wonder if I somehow hooked them back up after installing the colordmd wrong?

#8862 4 years ago

I don't think so.

On the CPU/Sound board re-seat connector J10

Quoted from Rager170:

I took a look last night and didnt see anything out of the norm. Guess I will have to take a better look.

Wonder if I somehow hooked them back up after installing the colordmd wrong?

#8863 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't think so.

I wouldnt think so either. From what I remember, its just one pin to plug in.

I will reseat and look at the wires to the actual speakers. Thanks.

#8864 4 years ago

+1 for reseating the audio connector in upper right of cab (J10). Same happens on my met pro some times.

#8865 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

+1 for reseating the audio connector in upper right of cab (J10). Same happens on my met pro some times.

Thanks! Perhaps it got pulled a little when I did the dmd install

#8866 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

To be honest, I can't remember why I went with the skinny posts... probably because they said "Stern" in the name . I'd order both and see what you think. IMO both ramp shots are pretty easy on TWD so I can't imagine I did it to make it easier, if I recall my comments on the change in game play had more to do with the ball rolling either the right side of the left ramp when coming back down from the riot shot or the left side of the right ramp when rolling down from the pop's. I believe the skinny posts make that roll a little more true and doesn't give the ball a little hop because the posts don't protrude like a standard post did.
I no longer have the game and it's been a while, but that's what I recall.

Ahh ok cool! Gotcha. Thanks, maybe I'll do just that and order both and see what I like better.

#8867 4 years ago

We have our LE done in red looks awesome.

15840713245034669619174428493919 (resized).jpg15840713245034669619174428493919 (resized).jpg15840713562048250311121388578862 (resized).jpg15840713562048250311121388578862 (resized).jpg
#8868 4 years ago

Reseting the j10 didn't fix anything. It sounds like the cabinet speaker is louder than the ones in the back box. No clue what the fix would be.

#8869 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have our LE done in red looks awesome.[quoted image][quoted image]

That does look nice!

#8870 4 years ago

That does look nice!

Thanks! I love our TWDLE. I think it is the best game of all time (GOAT).

#8871 4 years ago

Thanks! I love our TWDLE. I think it is the best game of all time (GOAT).

Only played the LE a few times. I don't have the luxury of the walker bombs
The pro is 6 years old now so I just started a topside teardown. Time for a good shop and clean!

20200317_220338 (resized).jpg20200317_220338 (resized).jpg20200317_220353 (resized).jpg20200317_220353 (resized).jpg
#8872 4 years ago

The pro is 6 years old now so I just started a topside teardown. Time for a good shop and clean![quoted image][quoted image]

Taking TWD apart is definitely a bitch. I see you are all over it and have removed the backboard so the ramps come out easily. Walker bombs make the game easier. For me I need that as I am not the best player. I feel the pro is a much harder and faster game.

Good Luck!

#8873 4 years ago

I found it easier to just remove the backboard plastic to get the ramps off when I shopped mine... and removed the Tower mod... I don't like mod's

#8874 4 years ago

The pro is 6 years old now so I just started a topside teardown. Time for a good shop and clean![quoted image][quoted image]

I never noticed that the X lanes were smeared bloody hand prints. That's pretty cool.

#8875 4 years ago

The pro may be harder....except when the well walker magnet decides to throw the ball directly into the left outlane on the pre/le - ugh...so frustrating sometimes!

#8876 4 years ago

Taking TWD apart is definitely a bitch. I see you are all over it and have removed the backboard so the ramps come out easily. Walker bombs make the game easier. For me I need that as I am not the best player. I feel the pro is a much harder and faster game.
Good Luck!

It sure was! Turns out you just have to remove the backboard plastic which was easier than the backboard which I was expecting on having to do! It is all back together now as of 20 minutes ago. Just going to freshen up the flippers with new sleeves. Just noticed one of the coil stop bolt head is sheered off so going to have fun getting the threads out of the flipper plate. Some vice grips will hopefully do the trick!

Quoted from roar:

I found it easier to just remove the backboard plastic to get the ramps off when I shopped mine... and removed the Tower mod... I don't like mod's

Yes glad it was only the backboard plastic! I should look into the tower mod. I just have color dmd and mirror blades. No other mods.

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I never noticed that the X lanes were smeared bloody hand prints. That's pretty cool.

Wow didnt notice that either. Cool indeed.

Quoted from pipes:

The pro may be harder....except when the well walker magnet decides to throw the ball directly into the left outlane on the pre/le - ugh...so frustrating sometimes!

Yes I bet! With everything freshly cleaned this game is likely going to kick my ass for a while till I get used to it!

#8877 4 years ago

One of my frustrations with the game has been ‘How do I collect multikills?‘

I found myself constantly looking it up on tilt forums, so I thought a better alternative would be to make a mini-instruction card with multikills.

Attached if anyone with more artistic ability wants to tweak or make better.
21D65852-FC9B-4000-9103-52A1593F7442 (resized).jpeg21D65852-FC9B-4000-9103-52A1593F7442 (resized).jpeg60E3CAF1-853F-4734-9723-3546A99FDE49 (resized).jpeg60E3CAF1-853F-4734-9723-3546A99FDE49 (resized).jpeg

TWD.pdfTWD.pdf
#8878 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

One of my frustrations with the game has been ‘How do I collect multikills?‘
I found myself constantly looking it up on tilt forums, so I thought a better alternative would be to make a mini-instruction card with multikills.
Attached if anyone with more artistic ability wants to tweak or make better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that is great! I really need to learn more about multi kills. That is the yellow light in front of a shot right? And that relates to a weapon that is flashing. And in order to make it solid you need to shoot that shot? Tell me more

#8879 4 years ago

that is great! I really need to learn more about multi kills. That is the yellow light in front of a shot right? And that relates to a weapon that is flashing. And in order to make it solid you need to shoot that shot? Tell me more

There are 6 multi kill weapons you need to light to start horde. The cheat sheet above shows you the different ways to collect them. Separate the yellow light in your mind from collecting the multi kill weapon for a moment. If you do anything on the list you will be awarded a multi kill weapon, the one awarded is irrelevant, you just need 6 to start horde. They carry over from ball to ball. There are a bunch of ways to do it so if you start Barn and don’t make 3 barn shots don’t worry about it, move on to the next way.

Now for the yellow light, when you do collect a multi kill weapon it will light the yellow light... this doesn’t track progress towards horde but it is good because when you make a lit yellow shot you get 2 walker kills rather than one, so you progress towards Last Man Standing faster. Once you complete a shot with the yellow light lit it will move... if you’re focusing on trying to get to LMS or trying to get to your second walker kill extra ball chase it because it’s worth the effort for two kills at a time imo. When you drain you lose the yellow light.

The bicycle girl, cdc and barn multi kills were always the easiest for me and supply drop targets when you start blood bath is just about a gimmie.

#8880 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

There are 6 multi kill weapons you need to light to start horde. The cheat sheet above shows you the different ways to collect them. Separate the yellow light in your mind from collecting the multi kill weapon for a moment. If you do anything on the list you will be awarded a multi kill weapon, the one awarded is irrelevant, you just need 6 to start horde. They carry over from ball to ball. There are a bunch of ways to do it so if you start Barn and don’t make 3 barn shots don’t worry about it, move on to the next way.
Now for the yellow light, when you do collect a multi kill weapon it will light the yellow light... this doesn’t track progress towards horde but it is good because when you make a lit yellow shot you get 2 walker kills rather than one, so you progress towards Last Man Standing faster. Once you complete a shot with the yellow light lit it will move... if you’re focusing on trying to get to LMS or trying to get to your second walker kill extra ball chase it because it’s worth the effort for two kills at a time imo. When you drain you lose the yellow light.
The bicycle fuel, cdc and barn multi kills we’re always the easiest for me and supply drop targets when you start blood bath is just about a gimmie.

Sweet thanks so much. That helps a lot. Couple more questions if you don't mind!

So yellow lights are for LMS progress and not for Horde progress.

What lights the yellow lights exactly?

What is the difference between a horde weapon flashing and lit solid? If you start barn will a weapon start flashing and then when you hit 3 barn shots it will light solid for eg?

If you use your 2x inlane to a yellow light shot does it give you 4 walkers (im guessing not).

#8881 4 years ago

Sweet thanks so much. That helps a lot. Couple more questions if you don't mind!
What is the difference between a horde weapon flashing and lit solid? If you start barn will a weapon start flashing and then when you hit 3 barn shots it will light solid for eg?
If you use your 2x inlane to a yellow light shot does it give you 4 walkers (im guessing not).

as above by roar

what lights the yellow lights is what is on the apron card from mudflaps . THANKS MUDFLAPS!

horde weapon flashing means it is active on your current ball, solid means it has been "completed" , , as far as I know you don't have to do any thing to complete a weapon they will just turn solid when the ball drains, you can have multiple flashing during a ball

correct 2x is just for scoring

#8882 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

as above by roar
what lights the yellow lights is what is on the apron card from mudflaps . THANKS MUDFLAPS!
horde weapon flashing means it is active on your current ball, solid means it has been "completed" , , as far as I know you don't have to do any thing to complete a weapon they will just turn solid when the ball drains, you can have multiple flashing during a ball
correct 2x is just for scoring

Ahh that is a big help as well thanks. I Was trying to chase the yellow light around the playfield thinking it might light my weapon solid.

So for eg. I start barn, then hit 3 barn shots and then a yellow light comes on and a horde weapon starts flashing. I have now collected the weapon which is currently flashing. It will become solid only once I drain. Yellow shots are now for 2x walkers. I think I finally get it.

Now time for miltikill education 201. Other than horde progress what other advantage is there to having multikill weapons?

#8883 4 years ago

The active Multi-kill shot - the moving yellow light, can have a big points value too. You get 5% (I think) of the points accumulated in completed modes where you earned the multi-kill.

As mentioned in an earlier post about maxing out Barn & CDC, the multi kill points could be 15M + if you blow out the modes.

#8884 4 years ago

I thought the yellow inserts were also used in Horde to show progression of the walkers towards you in conjunction with the red arrow and crosshair targets... but I just checked the wiki and there was no mention of that, so my memory is failing I guess... anyway, nice and concise explanation of multi-kills and everything else really on the wiki. http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

#8885 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The active Multi-kill shot - the moving yellow light, can have a big points value too. You get 5% (I think) of the points accumulated in completed modes where you earned the multi-kill.
As mentioned in an earlier post about maxing out Barn & CDC, the multi kill points could be 15M + if you blow out the modes.

Cool good to know thanks!

Quoted from roar:

I thought the yellow inserts were also used in Horde to show progression of the walkers towards you in conjunction with the red arrow and crosshair targets... but I just checked the wiki and there was no mention of that, so my memory is failing I guess... anyway, nice and concise explanation of multi-kills and everything else really on the wiki. http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

Sweet I will give that a read. Thanks!

#8886 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

You get 5% (I think) of the points accumulated in completed modes where you earned the multi-kill.

5% of the total mode points, including multi-kill shots. The mode does not have to have been completed.
Bowen has an excellent tutorial. You can support more tutorials being made at https://www.patreon.com/pinball

There are several other tutorials on YouTube, along with Elwin's 9+ billion game where he rolled it - twice - in competition mode.

#8887 4 years ago

Since I’m under house arrest, I took another stab at the Multikill card. I like it much better. The color is toned down, some of the rules are rearranged and I added a biohazard thingy. Feel free to download or edit however you like!
3ACB780C-3973-4B7F-9E4D-6975B7CFF58D (resized).jpeg3ACB780C-3973-4B7F-9E4D-6975B7CFF58D (resized).jpeg5169E4DE-8AA7-44F4-B078-E961CB912DFC (resized).jpeg5169E4DE-8AA7-44F4-B078-E961CB912DFC (resized).jpeg

TWD 2.pdfTWD 2.pdf
#8888 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Since I’m under house arrest, I took another stab at the Multikill card. I like it much better. The color is toned down, some of the rules are rearranged and I added a biohazard thingy. Feel free to download or edit however you like!

Nice. I'm printing one off now! Handy to have! Thanks.

#8889 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

thanks for doing this ! I guess I am like the kid when you say i'll buy you a free ice cream cone asks for one with sprinkles too!
but....

would it be possible to do one without the stippling or whatever the effect on the letters is , I have old man eyes and the effect makes it seem a little fuzzy , (I would try myself but would not know where to start,)

#8890 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

thanks for doing this ! I guess I am like the kid when you say i'll buy you a free ice cream cone asks for one with sprinkles too!
but....
would it be possible to do one without the stippling or whatever the effect on the letters is , I have old man eyes and the effect makes it seem a little fuzzy , (I would try myself but would not know where to start,)

It’s a pdf, and the resolution is low on your phone. Click on the picture and a new window will pop up with a high res version.

#8892 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't think so.

Ahhh, it was the J10 connection! I took a good look and reseated both J10's on both boards just to be safe and sure enough, sound came back to normal.

Thanks!

#8893 4 years ago

Just added CzTV to my TWD. I love it. I have the whole 3rd season on it with sound.

43CBCBD3-3B2F-4065-85F6-D8F22607CEFE (resized).jpeg43CBCBD3-3B2F-4065-85F6-D8F22607CEFE (resized).jpegB0F34C61-1307-4008-96F9-1F06ACC30160 (resized).jpegB0F34C61-1307-4008-96F9-1F06ACC30160 (resized).jpegEB742013-C9DF-43A2-8D9D-190E66318CF3 (resized).jpegEB742013-C9DF-43A2-8D9D-190E66318CF3 (resized).jpeg
#8894 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Just added CzTV to my TWD. I love it. I have the whole 3rd season on it with sound.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

But when would you have time to even glance at it?

#8895 4 years ago

a short video of my pro with pinduino controlled led strips in the trough backboard and under the ramps

#8896 4 years ago

I also love this game.
But still wondering about the best strategy to score big points.
Is there a manual of the rules? When I’m in play, don’t always realize what happen, maybe I miss some important points, A shot I don’t hit because of my ignorance.

#8897 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Just added CzTV to my TWD. I love it. I have the whole 3rd season on it with sound.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The color dmd is beautiful!! Never put one in, is it plug an play?

#8898 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

wondering about the best strategy to score big points.
Is there a manual of the rules?

Clear the bank of drop targets to light modes, then do well during them.

A rules document is linked from the top of every page in this thread. It’s post 2893.

#8899 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The color dmd is beautiful!! Never put one in, is it plug an play?

Yes, it is very much plug in in play.
I think the color DMD is really great for this title. The scenes look awesome!

#8900 4 years ago

Shoot drop targets to start modes. Make as many mode shots as possible and if time permits try to let the ball slide down a lit X lane and immediately make a mode shot fir possibly enormous points. My highest mode shot was around 250mil on its own.

Also knocking down all the drop targets during a mode will add time. Having playfield 2x running is nice too during a mode. Simply hit both Stand-up targets near prison and then make the Riot shot.

My strategy is do barn, then cdc, areana and then the other modes in that order. This order is the easiest for me to play I just can't miss barn loops on my game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/178?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.