IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 236.
#8801 4 years ago

my wd climbs the left ramp from the left flipper without any problem and with force

#8802 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The Riot shot is tighter on the Pro.
TWD is such a fantastic game. Brutal but so rewarding (like Iron Man). I played it earlier today and had a 300 million plus game followed by about 10 games in 5 minutes.

Riot tighter on the PRO? How do you figure?

#8803 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

my wd climbs the left ramp from the left flipper without any problem and with force

Hold on. You can backhand CDC on a Premium? My god! How?

#8804 4 years ago

Speaking of backhands...

Just how many are there on this layout? On the Premium, I count two: BG and WW.

Really, I can only hit BG from the left flipper from a trap, and it's debatable if a shot from the right flipper to WW is actually a "backhand." Perhaps there's only one backhand on this layout.

#8805 4 years ago

In case any of you out there is curious about what Comet 2SMD Warm White frosted look like in *all* of the GI, here you go...

The upper PF still looks quite red, thanks to the red and amber Op-Max bulbs that are in the back panel. I also have several accent lights in place, two of which are 2SMD Red Clear. Lastly, I have a 10SMD Sunlight strip light on the return ramp, just above Woodbury. Plenty of you appreciate the dark, red lighting design of this game, but I struggled to see the ball much of the time, so I tried my own mix. The Tilt artblades help reflect at least a bit of the light and add some design interest, too.

TWD.Warm.White.GI.jpg (resized).jpgTWD.Warm.White.GI.jpg (resized).jpg
#8806 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The Riot shot is tighter on the Pro.
TWD is such a fantastic game. Brutal but so rewarding (like Iron Man). I played it earlier today and had a 300 million plus game followed by about 10 games in 5 minutes.

I certainly agree. I got IM, too. Both are fast and brutal. TWD is much harder in my opinion.

#8807 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Espere. ¿Puedes dar un revés a los CDC en un Premium? ¡Dios mío! ¿Cómo?

Pro version

#8808 4 years ago

Riot tighter on the PRO? How do you figure?

I get to play an LE regularly and I find the Riot shot much easier to hit than my Pro. I’m not sure if the geometry is slightly different due to the different ramp profiles or if it just a peculiarity of those two particular games.

#8809 4 years ago

Does anybody else have a specific order to starting the modes? I usually go CDC, Barn, Riot, Arena then Tunnel. I find that is the best option (for me) to maximise scoring. Although I have been doing that since I got the game. Is there a better strategy for the modes with the latest code (which I do have installed).

#8810 4 years ago

In case any of you out there is curious about what Comet 2SMD Warm White frosted look like in *all* of the GI, here you go...
The upper PF still looks quite red, thanks to the red and amber Op-Max bulbs that are in the back panel. I also have several accent lights in place, two of which are 2SMD Red Clear. Lastly, I have a 10SMD Sunlight strip light on the return ramp, just above Woodbury. Plenty of you appreciate the dark, red lighting design of this game, but I struggled to see the ball much of the time, so I tried my own mix. The Tilt artblades help reflect at least a bit of the light and add some design interest, too.[quoted image]

The lighting that you put together looks excellent!

#8811 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

usually go CDC, Barn, Riot, Arena then Tunnel. I find that is the best option (for me) to maximise scoring.

In CDC, every CDC ramp you hit before hitting another shot builds the CDC value by only 25k or so. But if you complete another mode first that shot will build the CDC value by 500k.
Try playing Barn before CDC, then hitting some Barn shots before finishing CDC.

#8812 4 years ago

To get the best CDC mode scores:

Hitting the CDC ramp lights the other shots - Barn Riot Etc, they will be white.

So after you start CDC, shoot the ramp 4 times to light all the other shots, then shoot them. If you make them all and have time, do it again. Stay away from CDC - once you make a different shot, hitting CDC twice will end the mode.

To end the mode and collect you a big CDC score, shoot the CDC ramp twice. Use your in-lane multiplier on the second shot, and if you have your playfield multiplier going too, you will score big.

Remember that if you shoot the CDC ramp twice in the mode (after hitting a different shot) will end the mode. The shots do not have to be consecutive to end it, so multiball can make this more difficult.

I like to stack CDC and BG early in the game. I just shoot BG until i get multi kill. That will turn on the other CDC lanes , then I shoot those until the timer gets low, then I make sure I have time for 2 CDC shots.

#8813 4 years ago

Ok so im new to TWD. My game room is carpeted and the games sink deep into the carpet. Nudging is possible but it seems TWD may require some more aggressive nudges/sliding.

For those if you with carpet in your game room. Do you have suggestions on ways to allow the game to slide better. I dont want to stress the cabinet etc. ive tried the sliders that slip on the legs. But the carpet still swallows up the leg and slider.

#8814 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

In CDC, every CDC ramp you hit before hitting another shot builds the CDC value by only 25k or so. But if you complete another mode first that shot will build the CDC value by 500k.

Ahh, right. I never knew that. Will give it try, thanks.

#8815 4 years ago

Sliding is not necessary, just good nudging.

Quoted from Rickwh:

Ok so im new to TWD. My game room is carpeted and the games sink deep into the carpet. Nudging is possible but it seems TWD may require some more aggressive nudges/sliding.
For those if you with carpet in your game room. Do you have suggestions on ways to allow the game to slide better. I dont want to stress the cabinet etc. ive tried the sliders that slip on the legs. But the carpet still swallows up the leg and slider.

#8816 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have the same issue. Just buy the biggest sliders you can find....like a 3 or 4 inch slider and you should be fine. You can still nudge, just dint get stupid about it and you will be fine. TWD has a nice strong cabinet so theres not much to worry about.

#8817 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I dont think this is correct. CDC ramp starts at 750 and increased by 25 no matter what you have done before. But lighting and shooting the other shots within the mode will increase your scores.

To add to my description above, the more CDC ramps you hit at the beginning of the mode, the higher the value of the other shots.

If you shoot CDC 5-6 times, then the other shots are worth 4 million each. When you cash out your CDC, I think, but not verified the math, it doubles the accumulated mode value.

I just did this (OK with the glass off because I got frustrated):
Started CDC
Shot CDC 5 times for 750, 775, ... Lighting all the other shots
Shot Barn for 4M, shot all other shots for 4M each
Shot CDC twice to cash out, final shot was worth 28M, without any multiplier
Mode Total was 56M

With multipliers timed right, this mode can be huge

I also tested this after finishing Barn mode first, and saw no difference in scoring.

#8818 4 years ago

Just bought a pro, fun game. What does the cleland code fo, is it better than factory? Thx

#8819 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just bought a pro, fun game. What does the cleland code fo, is it better than factory? Thx

Mine (2nd owner) came with the Cleland code. I've been thinking about putting the original code on to see if it is any good. I've never played it with original callouts. But, I'm not sure where to find the cleland code should I want to switch back.

#8820 4 years ago

U can find it here. But I've never heard or seen it played

#8821 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I dont think this is correct. CDC ramp starts at 750 and increased by 25 no matter what you have done before. But lighting and shooting the other shots within the mode will increase your scores.
To add to my description above, the more CDC ramps you hit at the beginning of the mode, the higher the value of the other shots.
If you shoot CDC 5-6 times, then the other shots are worth 4 million each. When you cash out your CDC, I think, but not verified the math, it doubles the accumulated mode value.
I just did this (OK with the glass off because I got frustrated):
Started CDC
Shot CDC 5 times for 750, 775, ... Lighting all the other shots
Shot Barn for 4M, shot all other shots for 4M each
Shot CDC twice to cash out, final shot was worth 28M, without any multiplier
Mode Total was 56M
With multipliers timed right, this mode can be huge
I also tested this after finishing Barn mode first, and saw no difference in scoring.

Watch this.

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122/150?u=chuckwurt

#8823 4 years ago

Does Barn give this score building "perk" to all modes? Or is it just a CDC thing? The vid posted above mentions Riot getting this boost as well, so I'm guessing all? Is Barn the only mode that awards a perk, or does say playing Arena first give you a perk to any of the other modes?

Not that I am a super deep scoring knowledge kind of guy...but I'm surprised I have never heard of this. Very cool!

#8824 4 years ago

Stupid question, but why does this ramp have a notch cut out of it? Is it actually possible to shoot it so that it doesn't have enough momentum and this falls back and into the playfield instead of continuing to the inlane? This is the ramp on the left most part of the game. (The Arena shot). I never noticed this until today when I was cleaning the machine.

As an aside, I'm terrified to wax this thing... I suck at it already, and waxing makes the speed go even higher.... Lol

IMG_20200224_201011 (resized).jpgIMG_20200224_201011 (resized).jpg
#8825 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Is it actually possible to shoot it so that it doesn't have enough momentum and this falls back and into the playfield instead of continuing to the inlane?

Yes.

#8826 4 years ago

It's also possible to hit the ramp so hard that it jumps off that bump, into the glass and right down the outlane...

#8827 4 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

It's also possible to hit the ramp so hard that it jumps off that bump, into the glass and right down the outlane...

I think I've had that happen before! Never the slow rolling fall out though...

#8828 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Stupid question, but why does this ramp have a notch cut out of it? Is it actually possible to shoot it so that it doesn't have enough momentum and this falls back and into the playfield instead of continuing to the inlane? This is the ramp on the left most part of the game. (The Arena shot). I never noticed this until today when I was cleaning the machine.
As an aside, I'm terrified to wax this thing... I suck at it already, and waxing makes the speed go even higher.... Lol[quoted image]

I have had airballs fly onto that part of the ramp, roll back, and out the notch.

#8829 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have had hairballs fly onto that part of the ramp, roll back, and out the notch.

Maybe you shouldn't let your cats walk all over the machine then...

#8830 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Made it into the club today. Twd premium. This game is tough! And holy crap that bicycle girl ramp is steep! Loving having this in my collection so far! Any tips for a newb twd owner?

Shoot the drops... then shoot them again and again and again... the drops drive this game.

And for a gratifying Riot shot bank it off the left side of the well walker from the left flipper... a rewarding and in my experience safe shot.

#8831 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe you shouldn't let your cats walk all over the machine then...

Damn it autocorrect Fixed it.

#8832 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

And for a gratifying Riot shot bank it off the left side of the well walker from the left flipper... a rewarding and in my experience safe shot.

That's exactly how I make the vast majority of my riot shots. I actually find that much easier than trying to hit the riot shot directly from the right flipper oddly enough.

#8833 4 years ago

You can hit the Riot shot with the left flipper off the right sling. I did it by accident the first time and I do it all the time now.

#8834 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

You can hit the Riot shot with the left flipper off the right sling. I did it by accident the first time and I do it all the time now.

Also off well walker

#8835 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Can also bank it off the left side of the Well Walker since we're trying to make the game harder I guess.

#8836 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its just a matter of opinion. Most people seem to like it. I didnt myself.

Worth giving a try and checking.

#8837 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine (2nd owner) came with the Cleland code. I've been thinking about putting the original code on to see if it is any good. I've never played it with original callouts. But, I'm not sure where to find the cleland code should I want to switch back.

Here you go:

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/12/06/code-update-pinsides-cleland-releases-the-walking-dead-1-60-0-code/

#8839 4 years ago

Is 85m a good Horde score?

#8840 4 years ago

Hi

I'm just curious, anyone knows when the last TWD machine has been produced by Stern?
December 2016?

#8841 4 years ago

October 2018 I bought mine from the last production run (or so I was told at the time).

Quoted from hwol:

Hi
I'm just curious, anyone knows when the last TWD machine has been produced by Stern?
December 2016?

#8842 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

October 2018 I bought mine from the last production run (or so I was told at the time).

Thx!!

#8843 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Any Horde score is a good score!!

#8844 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Any Horde score is a good score!!

Hell yeah, just getting there makes you a winner!

1 week later
#8845 4 years ago

Rejoined the club last night with a routed, but well taken care of premium! Very happy to be fighting off the horde again!

Anyone know where to find replacement prison door decals? I was surprised to see they aren't included in goodie bag and do not seem to be available from the usual places. They do not even appear to be included on the full decal set available from Marco. Am I just missing them? If not, I guess I will check with Stern. Just seems odd to not have them available when the doors take such a beating.

#8846 4 years ago

Mezel?

#8847 4 years ago

Unfortunately no...they only have a small mod sticker that gets stuck on the door decal. Need the stock door decals themselves. Thanks for the idea though!

#8848 4 years ago

I wish Fish Tank did more. Or does it?

Also, would be great if LFS fixed the Extra Ball issue where it doesn’t payout during ball save. That’s really annoying. I realize it’s not possible to distinguish an auto ball launch from an EB on a pro, but on a PreLE surely they could pay EB on a spinner switch immediately followed by the shooter lane switch?

#8849 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Try to get to level 3 in horde and Escape when you can for a big bonus!

#8850 4 years ago

Had a screaming hot shot up the right ramp. The ball as it came back down the left side hit that bump in the ramp and it flew up over the red flasher area and land in the crossbow. Cross bow mode wasnt active.

Game went into a mode to clear the crossbow, but it fired the ball early and right back into the left side return ramp and it smacked the glass and then went back into crossbow to repeat.

After several times of this happening, i took the glass of and put the ball outta the crossbow and into the shooter lane.

Anyone else have this happen before?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
There are 11,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/177?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.