IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 236.
#8751 4 years ago

watching the series the governor and the fish tanks was one of the most disturbing scenes so i added him and penny , she has some illumination from a color changing bulb .

004 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg

013 (resized).jpg013 (resized).jpg

#8752 4 years ago

Given how important and deadly the drop targets are they needed a little zip , ,translucent ones from zitt, and an amber led strip underneath and a red comet optimax bulb behind

005 (resized).jpg005 (resized).jpg

014 (resized).jpg014 (resized).jpg

#8753 4 years ago

and of course what is pinball machine without a few dolls? a few walkers and some of the main characters with warm white single smd lighting ,i think i have run out real estate on the play field , i am done!

009 (resized).jpg009 (resized).jpg

032 (resized).jpg032 (resized).jpg

#8754 4 years ago

Wow! Someone’s having some mod fun.

#8755 4 years ago

Hello friends. I would like to know how you have set the level of the machine so that when the ball falls from the bumpers it does not enter directly into the sump .... I have it like that ... but it seems that it is not the right level

20200116_143425 (resized).jpg20200116_143425 (resized).jpg
#8756 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hello friends. I would like to know how you have set the level of the machine so that when the ball falls from the bumpers it does not enter directly into the sump .... I have it like that ... but it seems that it is not the right level[quoted image]

It depends on the machine. Some people have added a flipper rubber to the lane guide to success, others have had zero problems. I typically level it so it pops off the lane guide and to the left flipper. Not sure if this really helps, but that's what I got for ya.

#8757 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hello friends. I would like to know how you have set the level of the machine so that when the ball falls from the bumpers it does not enter directly into the sump .... I have it like that ... but it seems that it is not the right level[quoted image]

This measures the steepness of the game, not left to right. Though the steepness of the game may affect how the ball comes out of the pops, I would think that the left/right level would affect it more. Check the level in between the flippers and up near the prison as well.

#8758 4 years ago

mannymasy
I have the bubble in the middle.
Level from left and right.
95% ok.

If you still have issues then adjust your pops so that they just need a touch to kick.
That way its always going to bump the ramp side.

#8759 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think it might be more of an issue with the coil sleeve , I will look into it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flipper-buzzing
did you fix your well walker?

Well walker is fixed I believe. The spring seemed very loose. I had it in storage for over a year, so perhaps it being upright, it loosened it up. I stretched and wrapped it to make it tighter but was told that the stern target springs are the replacement for it, so ill buy more next time I pickup some parts.

#8760 4 years ago

That is the most modded out pro I’ve ever seen

#8761 4 years ago

Can anyone shoot me a picture behind the drop targets of the rubber? The reason I ask is I have a 2 inch rubber behind there but it was catching on one of the drop targets so I switched it to an inch and a half rubber and it’s working flawlessly now but didn’t know if I have the rubber too high now or if it should go lower or maybe the 2 inch one needed to go lower

093A15C4-6171-43C2-A97F-76640B8CF68E (resized).jpeg093A15C4-6171-43C2-A97F-76640B8CF68E (resized).jpeg
#8762 4 years ago

^^^ that's where mine is.

20200116_174106 (resized).jpg20200116_174106 (resized).jpg
#8763 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

^^^ that's where mine is.[quoted image]

Looks like the same spot. Wonder if it should be 1.5”s

#8764 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can anyone shoot me a picture behind the drop targets of the rubber? The reason I ask is I have a 2 inch rubber behind there but it was catching on one of the drop targets so I switched it to an inch and a half rubber and it’s working flawlessly now but didn’t know if I have the rubber too high now or if it should go lower or maybe the 2 inch one needed to go lower[quoted image]

Rubber Ring chart in the manual say 1 1/2" ID goes in there.

#8765 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think it might be more of an issue with the coil sleeve , I will look into it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flipper-buzzing
did you fix your well walker?

So tweaking the spring did not actually fix my well walker. It helped it but still having the issue of it staying open. I feel like the whole well walker is loose but havent been able to see how to tighten it?

#8766 4 years ago

Is it possible to raise the legs a little more on the left side? Thank you all for the answers

#8767 4 years ago

I would raise the right side so the ball when travelling out if the pops with hit the black rubber post at the ramp entrance. Thus will feed the ball to the left flipper

#8768 4 years ago

ok thanks, i will try that option

#8769 4 years ago

In The Dark!

I'm having trouble seeing the ball during many of the modes in TWD. I get that the lighting is supposed to be chaotic and generally dark, but many modes seem to kill the GI altogether - or at least the white GI - and suddenly I'm all but blind when tracking the ball. Has anyone here ever used brighter GI bulbs? I was thinking about the absurdly bright Optimus Maximus bulbs from Comet. Not the entire GI, but a fistful scattered around. I have one OpMax wedge for a spotlight and it's stupid bright. If only I had a #44 instead, I could try it in my GI. Even the throbbing red GI during Horde leaves me basically blind. I have factory GI, which, as many you know, is clear-lens 2SMD. Pinball Life makes his "Bright-Fucking-Bulb" 4-SMD's, but they are lensless, which is less ideal for GI. Is the OpMax my only alternative to 2-SMD frosted if I need more illumination in my GI?

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-bulbs?variant=12387007168556

#8770 4 years ago

Putting crazy bright GI lights in the game is only going to make it worse. It will increase the contrast of those moments that turn the lights off and back on. You’ll need an always on option like adding spot lights everywhere or pinstadiums that aren’t connected to the GI circuit.

#8771 4 years ago

Thanks, Erik.
Good point!
Still, more intense red GI will help me during Horde.

#8772 4 years ago

Add a little room light, like turn on a small light . I have one of our basement lights on and it helps tremendously while still playing in a dim room.

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

In The Dark!
I'm having trouble seeing the ball during many of the modes in TWD. I get that the lighting is supposed to be chaotic and generally dark, but many modes seem to kill the GI altogether - or at least the white GI - and suddenly I'm all but blind when tracking the ball. Has anyone here ever used brighter GI bulbs? I was thinking about the absurdly bright Optimus Maximus bulbs from Comet. Not the entire GI, but a fistful scattered around. I have one OpMax wedge for a spotlight and it's stupid bright. If only I had a #44 instead, I could try it in my GI. Even the throbbing red GI during Horde leaves me basically blind. I have factory GI, which, as many you know, is clear-lens 2SMD. Pinball Life makes his "Bright-Fucking-Bulb" 4-SMD's, but they are lensless, which is less ideal for GI. Is the OpMax my only alternative to 2-SMD frosted if I need more illumination in my GI?

#8773 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Add a little room light, like turn on a small light . I have one of our basement lights on and it helps tremendously while still playing in a dim room.

Neon lights always add the right touch of light id say..

#8774 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

In The Dark!

I think chuck wurt has it about right.

One of the many things that makes TWD hard is the periods of very low light such as during crossbow,( I have old man eyes)

Putting a trough led strip tapped into a constant source might give enough light to at least see the ball on the flipper.

Another idea would be to use the pinduino from prof pinball , with led strips out of sight on the backplate and in the trough or the apron. this is powered independent of the gi and has some pretty nice lighting effects activated by flasher and coils in the gameplay as well you can program your own effects or modify the existing ones if you want. I just got done putting one in my LOTR it is very cool . I probably will put in TWD as well.

#8775 4 years ago

I've noticed that occasionally when getting a Woodbury and Extra ball at the same time the drop target jumps twice and cancels out Woodbury.
Has anyone else had this happen?

#8776 4 years ago

Still my favorite game. Love CDC

#8777 4 years ago

Recently acquired TWD Premium and am looking for the Stern fish tank topper.

Mod - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for Stern AMC'S THE WALKING DEAD pinball machine backbox topper assembly. The Governor's Fish Tank * Three sculpted zombie heads * Interactive LED lighting * Officially l...”
2020-03-12
Westerville, OH
Wanted
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 37 times
Contributed to Pinside

If anyone has one to sell or knows where I could find one, let me know! Thanks.

#8778 4 years ago
Quoted from m0nty:

Recently acquired TWD Premium and am looking for the Stern fish tank topper.

Mod - Wanted

WANTED: Stern Walking Dead Topper

New!

Wanted! “Looking for Stern AMC'S THE WALKING DEAD pinball machine backbox topper assembly.

The Governor's Fish Tank
* Three sculpted zombie heads
* Interactive LED lighting
* Officially l...”

1 day ago

Westerville, OH

Wanted

m0nty

If anyone has one to sell or knows where I could find one, let me know! Thanks.

Good luck... I was looking a while back. Seems they are like non existent these days...

#8779 4 years ago

When the toppers to show up they are going for more than original MSRP, I've seen people asking $500 - $600 for them... not sure what they end up selling for, but they aren't cheap!

#8780 4 years ago

Maybe not as cool, but my topper is only $125 (+ shipping, + illumination kit, if you want that). This is a 2-piece, powercoated metal. The depth effect looks great in person.

#8781 4 years ago

Just added the railroad mods from Matt at Back Alley Creations Great quality and looks awesome (installed in just a few minutes).
20200131_171516 (resized).jpg20200131_171516 (resized).jpg20200131_171524 (resized).jpg20200131_171524 (resized).jpg

#8782 4 years ago

Does anyone know the size of hex standoffs used for the right ramp in this game? I need to buy a replacement. 6/32?

#8783 4 years ago

Looked up at the dmd and had last man standing ready. I hit the Woodbury shot twice and didn't notice any mode start?
Dont think I've ever gotten there before so wasn't sure what happens.

#8784 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

had last man standing ready. I hit the Woodbury shot twice and didn't notice any mode start?

LMS is a four ball multi-ball so you would notice if it started. Which version of the code are you on?

#8785 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Looked up at the dmd and had last man standing ready. I hit the Woodbury shot twice and didn't notice any mode start?
Dont think I've ever gotten there before so wasn't sure what happens.

that's a lot of walker kills!! ,excellent playing!! but so frustrating to get there and not see LMS …. did you get to 115 during multiball or singleball ? ( wondering if it will only start if in singleball?) was the last man standing insert lit or flashing on the playfield and the side flashers flashing?

#8786 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

that's a lot of walker kills!! ,excellent playing!! but so frustrating to get there and not see LMS …. did you get to 115 during multiball or singleball ? ( wondering if it will only start if in singleball?) was the last man standing insert lit or flashing on the playfield and the side flashers flashing?

It's weird. I didn't think I had that many kills, I'm not that good at the game. I just happened to glance up at the DMD and saw it said LMS was ready. I don't remember what was lit.

#8787 4 years ago

the only thing I can think of is maybe you needed to drop the 3 drop targets and then hit woodbury to start it?

#8788 4 years ago

Only need the kills and be in single ball mode. On the premium you need the Woodbury target down to make the starting shot

1 week later
#8789 4 years ago

Made it into the club today. Twd premium. This game is tough! And holy crap that bicycle girl ramp is steep! Loving having this in my collection so far! Any tips for a newb twd owner?

#8790 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Made it into the club today. Twd premium. This game is tough! And holy crap that bicycle girl ramp is steep! Loving having this in my collection so far! Any tips for a newb twd owner?

Congratulations on your purchase. I would put the Cleland sound code in the game if it isn’t already.

As for tips. First hit the Prison until the insert lights are lit (might as well collect the prison yard shots while you are playing a mode). Try and have Bicycle Ready before you start CDC because you can then two Multikill inserts lit at the same time from left ramp shots. Use the x2 shot and Multiball on Barn and Riot modes if possible (this can lead to some HUGE mode scores).
And most important of all, don’t be scared to nudge and shake the game. The outlanes are lethal so keep the ball away from there as much as possible.

Lastly, enjoy one of the finest games ever made.

#8791 4 years ago

I think the premium has a mod for the CDC ramp to make it a little more... approachable?

#8792 4 years ago

I have a Spider-Man and the left ramp is backhandable from the left flipper... tried that yesterday... TWD said. YOU SHALL NOT PASS

#8793 4 years ago

If the game is used, rebuild the flippers before modding the left ramp. It might not be needed.

#8794 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have a Spider-Man and the left ramp is backhandable from the left flipper... tried that yesterday... TWD said. YOU SHALL NOT PASS

I can backhand the left ramp on my Pro.

#8795 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I think the premium has a mod for the CDC ramp to make it a little more... approachable?

Lotta the at least later-built models have zero issues with the left ramp. Mine was smooth and reliable out of the box. Still is as I was playing it last night. One of the easiest shots in the game.

The "mod" is an extra $3 ramp flap stuck on with double sided tape for $30

#8796 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I can backhand the left ramp on my Pro.

Easy on a pro. But,in my opinion, bicycle girl is one of the best shots in pinball.

#8797 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Cliffy's bicycle girl protector is needed against wear under the flap. It also adds a little lift for the ball. Easy to make on mine, gotta have good flippers,though.

#8798 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Easy on a pro. But,in my opinion, bicycle girl is one of the best shots in pinball.

The subtle differences between the Pro and Premium/Le are very interesting on TWD. I find the Riot shot easier on the Premium. Is it more open due to the different ramps or am I imagining it ?
My favourite shot is Woodbury. Very satisfying to hit but terrifying when Horde is lit.

#8799 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The subtle differences between the Pro and Premium/Le are very interesting on TWD. I find the Riot shot easier on the Premium. Is it more open due to the different ramps or am I imagining it ?
My favourite shot is Woodbury. Very satisfying to hit but terrifying when Horde is lit.

Riot is easy to hit. Love the Woodbury shot, too. CPU controlled lighting takes a little getting used to.

#8800 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Riot is easy to hit. Love the Woodbury shot, too. CPU controlled lighting takes a little getting used to.

The Riot shot is tighter on the Pro.
TWD is such a fantastic game. Brutal but so rewarding (like Iron Man). I played it earlier today and had a 300 million plus game followed by about 10 games in 5 minutes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
There are 11,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/176?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.