IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 236.
#8701 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s hand is getting caught on the ramp sign I believe.

Oh wow, that i would never have thought to look at.

#8702 4 years ago

Got to Siege for the first time tonight - what a rush! Sadly, I lost two balls looking at the cool animations...

Got there by combining Riot, Prison MB, and Blood Bath. Talk about a rush!

Got 131M on Siege mode - no idea if that's good or not, since there's no score saved for it.

Overall, only had 298M for the game. It was still fun.

#8703 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How is it that I got 115 kills a few months ago, and now I can barely string together 40 kills! Arghhhhh pinball, I hate you sometimes!!!

A merciless game!!!! so addictive....

#8704 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How is it that I got 115 kills a few months ago, and now I can barely string together 40 kills! Arghhhhh pinball, I hate you sometimes!!!

I was better on my TWD in 2017 than I am in 2020. If I took things seriously, I'd probably sell TWD based on this. But she's my first pin and I love 'er.

#8705 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I was better on my TWD in 2017 than I am in 2020. If I took things seriously, I'd probably sell TWD based on this. But she's my first pin and I love 'er.

Thats exactly how I feel too. My first pin as well so its hard to give up. I dont think I have the love for it like others do but again, its my first pin..

#8706 4 years ago

Interesting I got to Siege first time a few days ago too. I wished to see my Siege score in the attract mode but its not a high score that is saved, while just about every other high score is saved. Wonder why?

Quoted from Fezmid:

Got to Siege for the first time tonight - what a rush! Sadly, I lost two balls looking at the cool animations...
Got there by combining Riot, Prison MB, and Blood Bath. Talk about a rush!
Got 131M on Siege mode - no idea if that's good or not, since there's no score saved for it.
Overall, only had 298M for the game. It was still fun.

#8707 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Interesting I got to Siege first time a few days ago too. I wished to see my Siege score in the attract mode but its not a high score that is saved, while just about every other high score is saved. Wonder why?

Yeah, I thought it was weird that it wasn't a saved score.

#8708 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s hand is getting caught on the ramp sign I believe.

So that is not the issue after a quick play last night. Perhaps something loosened up and its lifting back too far when hit.. Need more time to take a better look..

#8709 4 years ago

If anyone is interested, I made a few sets of Neegan and triangle Biohazard Backbox hinge magnets. Looks great on stock black, green red powder coated machines. PM me or check my marketplace add. $20 each + shipping for a set of 2

IMG_3247 (resized).jpgIMG_3247 (resized).jpgIMG_3248 (resized).jpgIMG_3248 (resized).jpgIMG_3290 (resized).jpgIMG_3290 (resized).jpgIMG_3291 (resized).jpgIMG_3291 (resized).jpg
#8710 4 years ago

Also having another issue I noticed last night when I put the volume down.

When I hit the left flipper button, I get a buzzing sound which sounds like its coming from the speakers. If I hold the flipper, the buzz is continuous.

Any thoughts on that?

#8711 4 years ago

Are you sure its coming from the speaker? On the SAM Stern machines the Flipper solenoids are quite loud.

#8712 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
ive been having an issue lately on my Pro where the Walker bash toy keeps staying open when given a good hit. It goes back down with another hit but its annoying.
I havent taken a look at it but curious if anyone has any info on that?

I would check the spring on the well walker mech underneath the playfield . it may have become deattached. on mine I ended up shortening the spring a bit to provide more tension as the well walker was flopping back too easy

#8713 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also having another issue I noticed last night when I put the volume down.
When I hit the left flipper button, I get a buzzing sound which sounds like its coming from the speakers. If I hold the flipper, the buzz is continuous.
Any thoughts on that?

mine does similar sometimes I think from the right flipper? if in a cradle

#8714 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Interesting. With the volume turned down a bit its definitely noticeable and much more so in a cradle...

#8715 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I would check the spring on the well walker mech underneath the playfield . it may have become deattached. on mine I ended up shortening the spring a bit to provide more tension as the well walker was flopping back too easy

Ahh, that seems like my issue. Ill check that, thanks!

#8716 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

A buddy of mine thought this might be the "end of stroke" switch. Something to take a look at..

#8717 4 years ago

Wonder if they’ll ever vault TWD some day?

#8718 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I doubt it. Why would anyone buy a NIB TWD Premium for $7300 when you can get a HUO for ~$6K? The only Stern game that really makes sense to vault at this point is Tron Premium due to the price/demand.

#8719 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I doubt it. Why would anyone buy a NIB TWD Premium for $7300 when you can get a HUO for ~$6K? The only Stern game that really makes sense to vault at this point is Tron Premium due to the price/demand.

I would do anything for a NIB TSPP!!

#8720 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I would do anything for a NIB TSPP!!

For $7300? I can't see Stern selling too many at their current price points.

#8721 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

For $7300? I can't see Stern selling too many at their current price points.

Well old used ones are selling for $6k plus just about... throw some new tech in there and it justifies it.

#8722 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well old used ones are selling for $6k plus just about... throw some new tech in there and it justifies it.

What new tech have they put in current vaults?

And you can still find these all day for under 5.

I agree that Tron is the only vault that makes sense at the moment based on the current market.

Maybe LOTR.

#8723 4 years ago

What has been thrown about before more in the line of dreaming rather than a chance at reality would be comic book art on the vault. They re-released Spider-Man and Star Wars most recently with new artwork so there is precedence.

#8724 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What new tech have they put in current vaults?
And you can still find these all day for under 5.
I agree that Tron is the only vault that makes sense at the moment based on the current market.
Maybe LOTR.

Things like leds, color dmds, maybe fixing smaller design flaws... to better justify the cost.

#8725 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think there are plenty of people that would buy one, especially if Stern do a comic version. Also you get a brand new game that no one has stuffed around with.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8726 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I think Stern will if they believe there will be sales.

#8727 4 years ago

Wouldn't have the license expired on a lot of previous licensed properties (ie: Tron, LOTR, TWD etc)?

#8728 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Wouldn't have the license expired on a lot of previous licensed properties (ie: Tron, LOTR, TWD etc)?

Yep. That’s why to call up the IP owner and renew them.

#8729 4 years ago

Nobody is getting $6k+ for TSPP. Not even close. Low $5’s for HUO.

Quoted from Rager170:

#8730 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nobody is getting $6k+ for TSPP. Not even close. Low $5’s for HUO.

Well most of the selling ads here are asking for $6k it seems.

#8731 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well most of the selling ads here are asking for $6k it seems.

Asking is way different than getting. I have friends that have been wanting a HUO TSPP for years and they think 5k is way too much. I don’t think they will jump at a 7k version even if it has some updates and is NIB.

#8732 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Asking is way different than getting. I have friends that have been wanting a HUO TSPP for years and they think 5k is way too much. I don’t think they will jump at a 7k version even if it has some updates and is NIB.

Well that is true. I have been wanting one for years also and agree with them. But my issue is that im picky. If I am spending $5500 - 6k or whatever, I want a perfect condition game and thats not going to ever happen. If they came out with a $7k game, added some upgrades like color dmd, leds whatever, knowing that the game is brand new and never used.. well id jump on it day one.

#8733 4 years ago

Imo you’d be the only sale. Haha. But hopefully they do it so you can get one!

#8734 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Imo you’d be the only sale. Haha. But hopefully they do it so you can get one!

hahaha, I hear ya.

But what makes someone buy, for example, a new release MM vs. a lesser expensive original one? Thats kind of what ive been looking at for comparison.

I havent been in the pinball scene for very long, so maybe im just out of the know...

#8735 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

But what makes someone buy, for example, a new release MM vs. a lesser expensive original one? Thats kind of what ive been looking at for comparison.

Ime they are very similar in price so that’s why the remake model works. Or in some cases the remake was cheaper than what the original was going for.

When I got into pinball MMs were 10k all day. When the remake came out the originals dropped to around the same price as the remake.

#8736 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ime they are very similar in price so that’s why the remake model works. Or in some cases the remake was cheaper than what the original was going for.
When I got into pinball MMs were 10k all day. When the remake came out the originals dropped to around the same price as the remake.

Oh I see. Interesting..

#8737 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

A buddy of mine thought this might be the "end of stroke" switch. Something to take a look at..

I think it might be more of an issue with the coil sleeve , I will look into it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flipper-buzzing

did you fix your well walker?

#8738 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think it might be more of an issue with the coil sleeve , I will look into it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flipper-buzzing
did you fix your well walker?

I havent had a chance to mess with it.

Interesting as people on that thread essentially are saying its normal. I have a feeling I may want to buy some new coil stops sooner than later haha.

#8739 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I havent had a chance to mess with it.
Interesting as people on that thread essentially are saying its normal. I have a feeling I may want to buy some new coil stops sooner than later haha.

It is normal - on all Stern machines. There's various ways to reduce it but from all of my reading, no way to eliminate it 100%. I read up on it when I bought my MET Pre a couple of years back and heard the buzz.

Honestly, the best solution is to crank up the volume.

#8740 4 years ago

I think a spring washer between the coil and stop helps the most.

#8741 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It is normal - on all Stern machines. There's various ways to reduce it but from all of my reading, no way to eliminate it 100%. I read up on it when I bought my MET Pre a couple of years back and heard the buzz.
Honestly, the best solution is to crank up the volume.

lol the only reason i heard it is because i had to lower the volume due to my daughter saying it was too loud. Now i cant not hear it! Cranking it up is the fix haha

#8742 4 years ago

Roll Pass, Anyone?

Just wondering if most of you have games that can reliably roll pass. By that I mean, will the ball roll through the flipper lane after returning from a ramp shot with enough momentum to roll up/over a raised flipper and across the gap to the opposite flipper for a trap, or is a tap pass necessary for most of you? I find tap passing exceedingly difficult as it requires the faintest contact of the flipper switch. When I try to tap pass, I almost always flip too vigorously, creating the chore for myself of regaining control of the ball, etc.

#8743 4 years ago

Schatz, Anyone?

Not sure on spelling here, but a "Schatz," as far as I understand it, is a late flip to the opposite flipper lane. (IMDN even has a Schatz target above the left flipper lane.)

I can't Schatz deliberately, really, but it happens by accident on many layouts during multiballs - or it happens in many games but not, for some reason, on my TWD. If I inadvertently Schatz during a MB on TWD, the ball will race to the elbow of the ball guide and then get rejected and return to the flipper. It will *not* proceed past the elbow and squirt out the top of the flipper lane. I attribute this to the molded-plastic ball guides used in this layout. Their elbows may have tighter radii than the laser-cut stainless guides of, say, MET or IM. It's not like I *need* to Schatz, particularly, but I do like the ball to flow through the flipper lanes in either direction. It's part of the action of the flipper zone and I miss it when it's not there. Are the rest of you Schatzing regularly? Just wondering.

#8744 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think a spring washer between the coil and stop helps the most.

I have grappled with noisy/buzzy Stern flippers on a few games and tried a fistful of things and NONE of them made any difference at all. Dressing the original stops with a file, replacing the stops, changing the coil, changing the plunger to a Williams version, dressing the plunger with a file, omitting the expansion washer, substituting a spacer for the expansion washer, etc., etc. None of these measures resulted in a quieter game. My buzzy games were TWD, MET, and IMDN. You will read testimonials from people who succeeded in finding solutions, but I'm not among them. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but my "help" to you in this case is to suggest you prepare yourself for no solution.

#8745 4 years ago

Had a strange thing on twd prem today and suspect this could be attributing to my crossbow random fails. Well walker hit was detected while in the upper lane, then while coming from the pops a quick 3 or so hit detections were registered and then I hit well walker to start the multiball. Is the switch too sensitive or maybe requires replacing. And could my xbow fails be due the phantom well walker strikes at the same time that I don't notice?

Also is there any secret to adjusting this switch without breaking something

#8746 4 years ago

No secret. Just adjust the arm on the switch so it doesn’t register so easy.

After it’s fixed then okay test a bunch. Could fix your xbow issue too.

#8747 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Schatz, Anyone?
Not sure on spelling here, but a "Schatz," as far as I understand it, is a late flip to the opposite flipper lane.

I thought Schatz is when you are a little loose and you fart and then you realize quickly that you have to go clean up, shower and change into some fresh underwear.

#8748 4 years ago

You're thinking of Shart, not Schatz.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

I thought Schatz is when you are a little loose and you fart and then you realize quickly that you have to go clean up, shower and change into some fresh underwear.

#8749 4 years ago

when not enjoying getting kicked in the privates playing twd have added a bunch of mods

spinners , hooked to the left tower switch, minimal effect on scoring maybe 10,000 per spin and some switch hits during ww mb, the woodbury spiinner makes the shot a little harder as a rattly shot tend to be rejected .
wanted to keep the original plastics intact so made duplicate pieces for the 4 pieces that need to be notched

006 (resized).jpg006 (resized).jpg

024 (resized).jpg024 (resized).jpg

#8750 4 years ago

also backlit the bicycle girl and cross bow signs , they have nice art work that is hard to see, and gave the cross bow sign some 3 d with some left over mcfarlane pieces , as usual these look washed out or too bright in the cell phone but in person are nice .

.also added the winnebago on the ramp , went ocd on the lighting as i added 2 3mm leds i had laying around for the headlights as well as the inside dome light . i originally thought it would be cool to have it mounted on a jiggly spring mount but it was too much action so it has a fixed mount

008 (resized).jpg008 (resized).jpg

011 (resized).jpg011 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.