R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 236.
#8651 4 years ago

You need the: Clear Shield for Metal Speaker Panels

(Need is a strong word, maybe you want it?)

Quoted from delt31:

Do I need anything else to install into TWD?

#8652 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You need the: Clear Shield for Metal Speaker Panels

Thanks!

For those using the LED color DMD for this game, you don't need the standoffs so the cost was 16 bucks for this plus shipping (24 total).

#8653 4 years ago

Is the premium worth it for this game? I don’t have much play on either but it’s a fun game. Pro seems like good bang for the buck but the premium has a few nice features

#8654 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Is the premium worth it for this game? I don’t have much play on either but it’s a fun game. Pro seems like good bang for the buck but the premium has a few nice features

for me, no question about it. I find the pro so lacking for some reason. Even the additional GI features really help bring the game together.

#8655 4 years ago

From the research I did, premium version, but buy a pro CDC ramp. It’s that ramp that feels like garbage on the premium. Everything else is an upgrade.

Quoted from splitcms:

#8656 4 years ago

Having a strange issue. When I make the CDC ramp shot in my Pro, the ball get stuck somewhere behind the backboard. After numerous searches, it ends the ball. I start my next ball, make the CDC shot, and that ball disappears as well.

The third ball I send in knocks out two balls, but leaves one stuck.

Once I pull out the pf, all the balls roll down, so I can't see where it's getting stuck.

And because Stern cheaped out and didn't put service rails in, I can't even see behind the backboard with having someone hold it up for me.

Anyone else have this issue, or gave any idea what it might be? The ramps looked unobstructed from what I can see quickly checking it while my wife held it.

Thanks!

#8657 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having a strange issue. When I make the CDC ramp shot in my Pro, the ball get stuck somewhere behind the backboard. After numerous searches, it ends the ball. I start my next ball, make the CDC shot, and that ball disappears as well.
The third ball I send in knocks out two balls, but leaves one stuck.
Once I pull out the pf, all the balls roll down, so I can't see where it's getting stuck.
And because Stern cheaped out and didn't put service rails in, I can't even see behind the backboard with having someone hold it up for me.
Anyone else have this issue, or gave any idea what it might be? The ramps looked unobstructed from what I can see quickly checking it while my wife held it.
Thanks!

I’ve had this issue. The problem is a group of wires sits on the ramp in the back blocking the ball. Pull the playfield and rest the pegs on the lockdown bar area. I believe there is a bundle of wires wrapped in the black plastic in the area of the ramp behind the back board. When you put the playfield back in you have to make sure the bundle of wires doesn’t sit on top if the ramp in the back.

#8658 4 years ago

You can buy service rails and install them. Pinball life has them.

#8659 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've got a set you are welcome to @WizardCastle, bought them for my TWD but never got around to installing them. May have some t-nuts and screws to go with them too some where.

#8660 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bought them but have to admit, I'm a little concerned about drilling into the playfield to install them....

#8661 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

About 1/2 the posts in this 174 page thread are about the mods to smooth bicycle girl ramp and the cross bow not working right so there's that....

On the other hand in the premium /LE the walker bombs add a lot to gameplay and are a huge advantage , the spinners and lighting effects seem pretty cool too ( the pro is brutal when the vast majority of lights are out during crossbow and parts of other modes, no idea if the prem does this too). I think I could take or leave the bicycle ramp bash toy and the walker magnet

very happy with a pro but I wouldn't mind a premium, both are great games

#8662 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought them but have to admit, I'm a little concerned about drilling into the playfield to install them....

err on the side of drilling nothing more than shallow starter holes for the screws and don't do when you are drunk and it will turn out fine

#8663 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Put a piece of tape on the drill bit less than the thickness of the PF, that will let know when to stop. Electrical tape is rather sticky. I always stop before I hit the tape (so I know I didn't push the tape back accidently) and I also recheck the tape location occasionally.

Or zip over to Harbor Freight (or a local hardware store) and get some of these:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8664 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Put a piece of tape on the drill bit less than the thickness of the PF, that will let know when to stop. Electrical tape is rather sticky. I always stop before I hit the tape (so I know I didn't push the tape back accidently) and I also recheck the tape location occasionally.
Or zip over to Harbor Freight (or a local hardware store) and get some of these:
[quoted image]

Oooh I didn't know those existed! Thanks!

#8665 4 years ago

If anyone is interested, I made a few sets of the round custom Neegan coindoor magnet. Looks great on stock black or custom red powder coated machines. PM me or check my marketplace add. $10 each + shipping.
IMG_3187 (resized).jpgIMG_3187 (resized).jpg

#8666 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

About 1/2 the posts in this 174 page thread are about the mods to smooth bicycle girl ramp and the cross bow not working right so there's that....
On the other hand in the premium /LE the walker bombs add a lot to gameplay and are a huge advantage , the spinners and lighting effects seem pretty cool too ( the pro is brutal when the vast majority of lights are out during crossbow and parts of other modes, no idea if the prem does this too). I think I could take or leave the bicycle ramp bash toy and the walker magnet
very happy with a pro but I wouldn't mind a premium, both are great games

Despite the hyperbole over here my later model premium ramp shoots just fine. Didn't have to do a thing to it as the ball simply rockets right up it pretty damn smoothly. Maybe earlier premiums have some issue but mine certainly doesn't.

It's also kinda amusing seeing guys buy a $2 ramp flap and some pieces of 3m double sided tape for $30+.

It'll never be quite as slick as the pro ramp that has nothing going on with it but that's about all the pro offers over the premium.

Both are fantastic games though... my favorite Stern by far.

-

#8667 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

My game under playfield already had holes drilled for them. Don't drill from the top.

#8668 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Don't drill from the top.

...or you will end up on the "Worst Hacks" thread.

#8669 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’ve had this issue. The problem is a group of wires sits on the ramp in the back blocking the ball. Pull the playfield and rest the pegs on the lockdown bar area. I believe there is a bundle of wires wrapped in the black plastic in the area of the ramp behind the back board. When you put the playfield back in you have to make sure the bundle of wires doesn’t sit on top if the ramp in the back.

It was actually the plastic ramp cover flap. I removed it, added a washer to raise it a bit, and now game runs perfectly!

Quoted from roar:

I've got a set you are welcome to @WizardCastle, bought them for my TWD but never got around to installing them. May have some t-nuts and screws to go with them too some where.

You're too kind my brother!

#8670 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

...or you will end up on the "Worst Hacks" thread.

You mean I could be (in)famous?!?!?

#8671 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Funny you mentioned this. I hit the tunnel shot by accident today. So it can be done and it was a clean shot from the cross bow

This makes no sense to me. I can't see Tunnel from my Crossbow. Like, the sight line does NOT reach the Tunnel lane in the upper-right corner of the PF. The ball would have curve around to the right, like a masse shot in billiards. Impossible!

#8672 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You mean I could be (in)famous?!?!?

Along with a bunch of us around these woods.

#8673 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

This makes no sense to me. I can't see Tunnel from my Crossbow. Like, the sight line does NOT reach the Tunnel lane in the upper-right corner of the PF. The ball would have curve around to the right, like a masse shot in billiards. Impossible!

Sorry but it happened. I've made every shot with the bow now so they are possible. I'd find it strange for a designer to have a lit shot that you can't possibly make ever.

#8674 4 years ago

I've made the tunnel shot with the crossbow exactly twice. Should be impossible but somehow it can happen.

#8675 4 years ago

Erratic Crossbow Fix
My Crossbow was a real pain and moving erratically.
I had a replacement motor but it did not cure the problem.
As I had two I decided to take one apart to see what the issue was.
The gearing looked solid but the coil was pretty loose. You can tell by just moving the lead on your to see if its loose.
But bending the prongs internally that place pressure on the internal coil fixed the problem.
I did end up adding some spots of adhesive on the base of the coil to make sure it does not move again

To take apart use a screwdriver to lever the lid off.
Start at the cable end. It's glued but does come off.
Just inch around the base of the cap bit by bit to raise the cap.

There are three parts so its a pretty simple design. Just the movement of the coil effects the rotor.
I placed the coil back into the same way but probably does not make any difference.
The cable does have a plastic clip which I placed down.

Lever all the tags out slightly ,so spreading out.
Careful not to over do it as they have to allow the coil to go back on.
Do the same on the cap.
Check that the coil and cap fits.
If you dont want to glue just check that the cable does not wiggle and your good to go.

I placed some Araldite on the base internally so that the coil stuck in firm.
Push the coil in and press firmly and allow to dry.
Using a quick set Araldite speeds things up.

Once back together it will run smooth with no judder or change of direction.

motor 1 (resized).JPGmotor 1 (resized).JPGmotor 2 (resized).JPGmotor 2 (resized).JPGmotor 3 (resized).JPGmotor 3 (resized).JPG
#8676 4 years ago

After your thoughts. I still have issues with my crossbow moving a minute amount and then stopping causing a failed crossbow shot.

I have noticed recently my well walker being awarded without hits. It can happen in the pops and on other places. I'm just wondering if this can have something to do with my crossbow issue?

Also does the well walker problem simply sound like a switch adjustment fix? Thank you

#8677 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

After your thoughts. I still have issues with my crossbow moving a minute amount and then stopping causing a failed crossbow shot.
I have noticed recently my well walker being awarded without hits. It can happen in the pops and on other places. I'm just wondering if this can have something to do with my crossbow issue?
Also does the well walker problem simply sound like a switch adjustment fix? Thank you

Yes the Wellwalker sounds like a switch issue. After trying to get mine to stop registering phantom hits I ended up having to replace the switch.

#8678 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

My crossbow would sometimes not start ,it would inch out slightly then go back.
Other times it could go half way and back or do a compete cycle.

Do this tweak on the crossbow motor and that would fix your crossbow issue.
I also have a random wellwalker trigger.
Ive checked switches and all ok.
Its random so could be a sticking switch.

OK adjusted the well walker switch and seems better.
Looks like Stern dont have any real adjustment and they crush the switches.
The crossbow switches are forced too hard also.

Anyway thats sorted my random switch issue.

#8679 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

The ball is moving the same velocity as the crossbow. When it is shot from the crossbow that side-to-side motion and the kicker motion combine and result in a curved path of motion.

Many phone cameras have a slow-motion mode. Try recording some shots and see for yourself.

#8680 4 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

My crossbow would sometimes not start ,it would inch out slightly then go back.
Other times it could go half way and back or do a compete cycle.
Do this tweak on the crossbow motor and that would fix your crossbow issue.
I also have a random wellwalker trigger.
Ive checked switches and all ok.
Its random so could be a sticking switch.
OK adjusted the well walker switch and seems better.
Looks like Stern dont have any real adjustment and they crush the switches.
The crossbow switches are forced too hard also.
Anyway thats sorted my random switch issue.

Thanks will give it a try

#8681 4 years ago

Playfield protector

IMG-20191223-WA0058 (resized).jpegIMG-20191223-WA0058 (resized).jpeg
#8682 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Playfield protector

Curious to hear what you think of the play 'feel' with it installed...

#8683 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Curioso por escuchar lo que piensas de la obra 'sentir' con él instalado ...

Perfect....

#8684 4 years ago

Very good feeling, play perfectly. There is no ball in the air during the game and the magnet holds the ball well

#8685 4 years ago

Joining the club today! Trading my MET Pro for a TWD Premium.

It looks to be in good shape, with the typical wear on the well walker decal (I’ll either remove it or get the pants decal). It has a bicycle girl LED mod that doesn’t seem to be working properly and supposedly is not interactive (only has two instead of four connectors). I wasn’t aware such a thing existed. I’ll likely swap it out for one that is interactive - curious which is the recommended option that is still available for sale?

I’ve got a lot of reading through this thread to do....

#8686 4 years ago

You just made a great decision. Congrats!!

#8687 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “TWD LIMITED EDITION FOR SALE Documented HUO w COA. Less than 500 plays Basically in new out of the box stock condition. I’ll be happy to send as many glass off pics to anyon...”
2019-12-23
Chesapeake, VA
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 469 times

Not quite the deal we saw earlier but it’s a good one

#8688 4 years ago

So I just set up my TWD Premium and took a closer look under the hood. It turns out I actually have the Nody BG LED mod, but it doesn’t seem to be working properly. It lights a dim white in attract mode and the red LEDs never activate. It is so dim that it has no effect at all on the head or ramp. When the head switch gets hit it goes out and then blinks 3 times. Anybody with the Nody mod have any clue what might be wrong? I’ve double checked the install and it seems correct. I’ve sent a PM to Nody but he doesn’t seem to be that active here anymore.

Can’t wait to put some games on it!

#8689 4 years ago

Christmas break has been kind to me on TWD. I FINALLY made it to Last Man Standing. I was damn excited but then almost immediately choked. Didn't even score enough to beat the factory score for it. I was still jazzed. I cannot imagine being able to finish it but it's something to shoot for.

#8690 4 years ago
Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

Christmas break has been kind to me on TWD. I FINALLY made it to Last Man Standing. I was damn excited but then almost immediately choked. Didn't even score enough to beat the factory score for it. I was still jazzed. I cannot imagine being able to finish it but it's something to shoot for.

Wow. When I had it, I never made it close. I'm really tempted to get another because it's such a good tough pin. I miss it. Congrats!

#8691 4 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Joining the club today! Trading my MET Pro for a TWD Premium.
It looks to be in good shape, with the typical wear on the well walker decal (I’ll either remove it or get the pants decal). It has a bicycle girl LED mod that doesn’t seem to be working properly and supposedly is not interactive (only has two instead of four connectors). I wasn’t aware such a thing existed. I’ll likely swap it out for one that is interactive - curious which is the recommended option that is still available for sale?
I’ve got a lot of reading through this thread to do....

not a prem owner but I think the one from pinsider" gnasel" ? seems to be the one to get if you can

#8692 4 years ago

Thanks very much. I was pretty excited. Maybe next time I won’t choke so bad.

#8693 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

not a prem owner but I think the one from pinsider" gnasel" ? seems to be the one to get if you can

Thanks. That is my plan if I can’t figure out how to get my Nody BG LED working.

Man, they weren’t kidding about how brutal this game is. I can have several crappy games and then get on a roll and it is so satisfying - really gets the adrenaline pumping. Love the light show on the premium. When I play my other games after playing this one they seem so easy. I’m going to tough it out and keep it on factory difficulty - will only benefit me in the long run.

#8694 4 years ago

Is there a cell battery (CR2032) in this game? If so, is there a replacement schedule?

#8695 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Is there a cell battery (CR2032) in this game? If so, is there a replacement schedule?

According to Panasonic website:
Long shelf life
90% of the original capacity: that is what the Panasonic lithium coin CR2032 batteries still have after even 10 years. The combination of lithium and manganese dioxide results in a chemically very stable battery.

#8696 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

CR2430 is in my TWD Pro
Same 10 year life

1 week later
#8697 4 years ago

Has anyone upgraded their TWD to the 3.1 Boot Flash? I'm working on an LE and it won't even show the boot flash info when booting with DIP 8 set to ON and no USB drive. I've tried the original 1.0 and a new 3.1.

#8698 4 years ago

How is it that I got 115 kills a few months ago, and now I can barely string together 40 kills! Arghhhhh pinball, I hate you sometimes!!!

#8699 4 years ago

Hey guys,

ive been having an issue lately on my Pro where the Walker bash toy keeps staying open when given a good hit. It goes back down with another hit but its annoying.
I havent taken a look at it but curious if anyone has any info on that?

#8700 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
ive been having an issue lately on my Pro where the Walker bash toy keeps staying open when given a good hit. It goes back down with another hit but its annoying.
I havent taken a look at it but curious if anyone has any info on that?

It’s hand is getting caught on the ramp sign I believe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/174?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.