IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 236.
#8551 4 years ago

Got Pinsteins alt tl on my Pro and it looks GREAT. Very high quality. My camera does not do it justice.

IMGA0114 (resized).JPGIMGA0114 (resized).JPG
#8552 4 years ago

I'm still confused about Seige stage two. Do you have to hit a ramp then prison each time or any blue shot and a prison hit, then once you get the required amount of jackpots, then shoot a ramp?

#8553 4 years ago

The one time I got Siege, it was on ball 3. I hit the shot to start it, and the magnet drained me immediately.

From the machine audits:
Siege Started: 1
Siege Shot Awards: 0

Womp womp.

#8554 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm still confused about Seige stage two. Do you have to hit a ramp then prison each time or any blue shot and a prison hit, then once you get the required amount of jackpots, then shoot a ramp?

In stage two only the ramps are lit. Ramp prison. Ramp prison.

#8555 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

oh. I thought stage one was clear the yard, then hit the prison to start stage two multiball?
When my multiball begins the same blue shots are all lit same as stage 1.

#8556 4 years ago

For those with ColorDMDs, what are you using to fill in the gap left by the stand-off kit. Are you using the gasket that a pinsider makes or weatherstripping?

#8557 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

oh. I thought stage one was clear the yard, then hit the prison to start stage two multiball?
When my multiball begins the same blue shots are all lit same as stage 1.

Stage one doesn’t start until you’re in MB.

#8558 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

For those with ColorDMDs, what are you using to fill in the gap left by the stand-off kit. Are you using the gasket that a pinsider makes or weatherstripping?

I just cut some maybe 1", 90 degree trim molding I had around I didn't measure it but it was a perfect fit.

Basically I framed the DMD, I notched it so I could use the same standoff screws to hold it. I'm not perfectly satisfied with that but it was a good start. Main and only issue is it's not flexible so allows a tiny sliver of light that no casual player would notice. So the fix there would be just fold some electrical tape over the bottom edge so it has a tiny bit of flex where it meets.

#8559 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think if you restart Prison Multiball after getting the halfway-point SJP, stage 2 will have the same rules as stage 1.

#8560 4 years ago
Quoted from bananatino:

I think if you restart Prison Multiball after getting the halfway-point SJP, stage 2 will have the same rules as stage 1.

Or you’ll just be back in stage 1? Haha

#8561 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stage one doesn’t start until you’re in MB.

Wait, what? You fucking with me?
I always thought stage one was clear the yard?
I'm in deep shit then.

#8562 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wait, what? You fucking with me?
I always thought stage one was clear the yard?
I'm in deep shit then.

Until multiball starts you haven’t started any stages. The stages mentioned by Brian are the stages of multiball.

Have to get to multiball first to play the stages. All the yard is doing is giving you prison letters. Spell prison to light MB.

#8563 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Until multiball starts you haven’t started any stages. The stages mentioned by Brian are the stages of multiball.
Have to get to multiball first to play the stages. All the yard is doing is giving you prison letters. Spell prison to light MB.

Wait, now I'm confused... When I hit the door, it lights letters until it fully spells "PRISON." Then the magnet grabs the ball, the door opens, and I have to clear the yard. I've already got the PRISON letters at that point. So I cross my fingers that the magnet doesn't fling the ball SDTM. If it doesn't, I can shoot either the zombie head or the flashing red arrows to kill a zombie. Once I clear them all and hit the zombie head, then the magnet grabs the ball again and I start multiball -- are you saying THAT'S when stage 1 starts? If so, I'm never going to get SIEGE....

#8564 4 years ago

That's where I'm confused.

#8565 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or you’ll just be back in stage 1? Haha

No, the one time I got Siege, I played Prison MB up to where I had to hit the Riot shot, hit it, and drained down to one ball. When I started Prison the second time, I just had to shoot [any shot then the prison] another 6 times to light Siege.

#8566 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Wait, now I'm confused... When I hit the door, it lights letters until it fully spells "PRISON." Then the magnet grabs the ball, the door opens, and I have to clear the yard. I've already got the PRISON letters at that point. So I cross my fingers that the magnet doesn't fling the ball SDTM. If it doesn't, I can shoot either the zombie head or the flashing red arrows to kill a zombie. Once I clear them all and hit the zombie head, then the magnet grabs the ball again and I start multiball -- are you saying THAT'S when stage 1 starts? If so, I'm never going to get SIEGE....

Blood Bath MB is your friend.

#8567 4 years ago

It’s very easy. Start MB then follow Brian’s (Gweempose)’s notes.

#8568 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yes - that's where Prison MB Stage 1 starts.
You're confusing Prison MB Qualifying with Prison MB...

Prison MB Qualifying
-- PMBQ Stage 1 - Spell Prison by hitting Prison Doors (some letters spotted at game start)
----- Magnet Grabs ball and flings it
----- Prison Doors Open

-- PMBQ Stage 2 - Spell Prison by hitting Prison Zombie OR Lit Shots (blue arrow)
---- Once Prison is spelled here, then Prison is lit for Prison MB

Prison Multiball
-- PMB Stage 1 - All Shots lit for Jackpots (and Prison Walker Kills),
---- hitting a JP or Prison Doors opens the Prison Doors, so you can hit the Prison Zombie to relight Jackpots
---- Spell PRISON (each JP awards a letter and a Prison Walker Kill) to light the Super Jackpot at RIOT
---- Get the Super Jackpot to advance to Prison MB Stage 2
-- PMB Stage 2 - Ramps are worth 500K+ and a Prison Walker Kill, Jackpots are collected at the Prison Zombie
----- Get 12 Prison Walker Kills to light Siege --- You can change this number in the settings

So you need 6 PW Kills to make it through Stage 1, and the rest you must get in Stage 2 to light Siege

#8569 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The prison magnet won't go SDTM if you hit your flippers before it lets go - kind of like when cancelling the bonus animation.

#8570 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

The prison magnet won't go SDTM if you hit your flippers before it lets go - kind of like when cancelling the bonus animation.

I always do that and it still frequently does. I saw a thread that said to do it when the crowbar hits the zombie so I will try that. Otherwise the magnet doesn't do much so I might just disable it.

#8571 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I always do that and it still frequently does. I saw a thread that said to do it when the crowbar hits the zombie so I will try that. Otherwise the magnet doesn't do much so I might just disable it.

Per borg, turn the magnet core very slightly and retighten. That worked for me.

#8572 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Per borg, turn the magnet core very slightly and retighten. That worked for me.

Cool will try that, thanks!

#8573 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Cool will try that, thanks!

Also they flipping the magnet ring itself 180 degrees. (Not rotating, but flipping it so the back side faces the front.) Not sure why, but after doing that, my magnet throws SDTM much less. It actually flings the ball around.

#8574 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

From online:

Siege
Start Siege when lit by shooting the prison. 12 walker kills are required during Prison multiball in order to qualify Siege. The mode begins with Barn, Prison and Arena lit for jackpots. Shooting the prison or either lit shot will progress to the next round. In the second phase of Siege all five mode shots and the prison are lit for jackpots. Shooting the prison or any lit shot will award jackpots. Once all available jackpots have been scored, all shots relight. Shooting any of the lit shots or prison will end the mode. The mode does carry on from ball to ball, so you can drain and continue. This mode seems unfinished as of v1.28.

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

#8575 4 years ago

That’s old code and a pretty confusing explanation.

#8576 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s old code and a pretty confusing explanation.

Yes but I would think it hasnt changed in order to get siege.

#8577 4 years ago

Reposting this as it’s the best explanation on how to reach siege I’ve seen.

REMEMBER: this is what you do DURING prison MB. Not what happens before you start it.

Quoted from gweempose:
Okay, so I just tested everything thoroughly and I think I now have a pretty good handle on how it works. I also now understand why almost nobody ever sees Siege. It's a REALLY hard mode to get to! For starters, I didn't even realize there were two separate stages to Prison Multiball ...
During the first stage, you must shoot the prison walker to score a jackpot. You need to do this six times to complete the stage. Shooting any of the lit arrows or the closed prison doors will open the doors. Prison bombs can be used to score a jackpot, but only if the doors are already open. If they are closed, a bomb will open them, so if you have more than one prison bomb saved up, you can essentially use two in a row to get a jackpot. Once six jackpots have been collected, the Riot shot will start to strobe. You must shoot it to score the super jackpot and begin stage two.
During stage two, the prison doors will remain closed the entire time. You must shoot one of the two ramps and then shoot the prison in order to score a jackpot. To make things even more difficult, prison bombs can no longer be used to score a jackpot. They can be used to score a hit to one of the ramps, but the jackpots must be collected by physically shooting the closed prison doors. Once you score six jackpots, it will say "Siege is lit" on the DMD. This is a bit confusing, because the Siege insert will not actually light until the multiball is over. Perhaps "Siege is ready" would have made more sense.
When the multiball ends, the Siege insert will start to strobe and the next shot to the prison will start it. Once you start Siege, the mode continues until you either complete it or the game ends. The good news is that your progress carries over from ball to ball. I'm not going to spoil Siege, but the rules for it are pretty straightforward.
I hope this information helps. Prison Multiball is actually quite confusing, especially the second stage because both ramps as well as the prison are lit the entire time making it difficult to know what shot you are supposed to go for next. When you add in the fact that you are trying to accomplish all of this while juggling 2 or more balls, it makes Siege an extremely difficult mini-wizard mode to get to. Without the bombs, it must be even harder on the pro. Fortunately, Siege is amazingly cool, making it that much sweeter when you do manage to start it.

#8578 4 years ago

If I want to get rid of some of the white inserts on the game, what bulbs are people recommending to replace them with on a Pro? I've never bought bulbs for a game yet, and when looking at PBL and such, there's a dizzying array to choose from! Any specific recommendations?

Any suggestions on colors would be nice as well, as I've only seen a couple of pictures of people who have changed the lights.

#8579 4 years ago

I'm wanting to install Cleland's "R" rated sound code and I'm curious if it changes any of the game settings and defaults back to factory when you download it??

Also where do you find the current version at? THX

#8580 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

If I want to get rid of some of the white inserts on the game, what bulbs are people recommending to replace them with on a Pro? I've never bought bulbs for a game yet, and when looking at PBL and such, there's a dizzying array to choose from! Any specific recommendations?
Any suggestions on colors would be nice as well, as I've only seen a couple of pictures of people who have changed the lights.

What are you looking to replace? I think the best colors LED colors are typically warm white, cool white, green, and red. I guess you could color bomb it with pink or whatever. Since you're in mpls, I have a stash of old LEDs that you could poke around with to get some ideas from if you'd like. Send me a DM if you want and we can try to figure something out so you can at least try some colors / variety of lights before purchasing anything.

#8581 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

What are you looking to replace? I think the best colors LED colors are typically warm white, cool white, green, and red. I guess you could color bomb it with pink or whatever. Since you're in mpls, I have a stash of old LEDs that you could poke around with to get some ideas from if you'd like. Send me a DM if you want and we can try to figure something out so you can at least try some colors / variety of lights before purchasing anything.

I don't really know what I want to change... there's just too many white inserts I think - the three drop targets, all the weapons, the number of walkers killed, LMS, Horde (not that those two ever light up for me except in attract mode LOL), the mode lights, the crosshairs, the "bit" lights for the outlanes, the skillshots, the Tower target. I don't want to color bomb it, I just want to try adding a little more color to at least one of those groups, just not sure what exactly because I don't want it to look like clown puke either...

Thanks for the offer - I'm not looking to move fast on this, but might take you up on it after the holidays! PM incoming.

#8582 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I don't really know what I want to change... there's just too many white inserts I think - the three drop targets, all the weapons, the number of walkers killed, LMS, Horde (not that those two ever light up for me except in attract mode LOL), the mode lights, the crosshairs, the "bit" lights for the outlanes, the skillshots, the Tower target. I don't want to color bomb it, I just want to try adding a little more color to at least one of those groups, just not sure what exactly because I don't want it to look like clown puke either...
Thanks for the offer - I'm not looking to move fast on this, but might take you up on it after the holidays! PM incoming.

I find comet LEDs to be the best bulbs you can get for pinball. I always go with 2SMD frosted top for whatever bulb I go with. The previous owner of my machine changed the color light for the inserts and he did a great job. I'll get a pic posted later trying to capture all of the changes.

#8583 4 years ago

Not a good picture on my phone but.... Here's one with (green) inserts for walker shots.

20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg
#8584 4 years ago

The colors are much richer than what the pic shows. There's also a reflection of one of the can lights over the right sling.
20191120_170943 (resized).jpg20191120_170943 (resized).jpg

#8585 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

I'm wanting to install Cleland's "R" rated sound code and I'm curious if it changes any of the game settings and defaults back to factory when you download it??
Also where do you find the current version at? THX

If you look back in this post, there are many posts about this. I have the R rated code highly recommend it, certainly not at a household with children. Hard to beat hearing Negan, Merle, Dwight,Rick, & many others during gameplay. As for factory settings, I don’t think so. Research the postings for Cleland’s in this thread.

#8586 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

If you look back in this post, there are many posts about this. I have the R rated code highly recommend it, certainly not at a household with children. Hard to beat hearing Negan, Merle, Dwight,Rick, & many others during gameplay. As for factory settings, I don’t think so. Research the postings for Cleland’s in this thread.

Thanks! I found a few different posts about the code. I'm definitely going to install it...the stock cheesy callouts got old real quick!

#8587 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions Spider and Panda!

#8588 4 years ago

Thanks! I found a few different posts about the code. I'm definitely going to install it...the stock cheesy callouts got old real quick!

Just to give an example . At the end of a game I just finished,Negan "this is the kind of thing that just tickles my balls" . That stuff is all in the game by all the characters.

#8589 4 years ago

FYI:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball Home use only c. 500 lifetime plays No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling No shooter lane wear No Well Walker hip...”
2020-01-18
Minneapolis, MN
5,925 (OBO)
Archived after: 216 days
Viewed: 1151 times

#8590 4 years ago

I have a TWD premium Translite for sale $50 + Shipping. PM me if interested.

TWD TRA (resized).jpgTWD TRA (resized).jpg
#8591 4 years ago

Do any of you guys change the attenuation of music/speech? I hadnt played my TWD in a month or so after I did an update and I feel like im having a real hard time hearing the callouts.

Curious what you guys changed the settings to. I think I cranked my speech up to -10 and still not happy with it. I like loud callouts..

#8592 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Just to give an example . At the end of a game I just finished,Negan "this is the kind of thing that just tickles my balls" . That stuff is all in the game by all the characters.

I downloaded the code and you're right man it's awesome! It's like playing a whole new game!

#8593 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Do any of you guys change the attenuation of music/speech? I hadnt played my TWD in a month or so after I did an update and I feel like im having a real hard time hearing the callouts.
Curious what you guys changed the settings to. I think I cranked my speech up to -10 and still not happy with it. I like loud callouts..

I just downloaded the code last night and used these settings I found in an earlier post and it sounds great!

#149 Music Attenuation -5
#150 Speech Attenuation - 35

#8594 4 years ago

Had a really good ball 2 today, and ended up at 108 kills... Ball 3 started, only 7 kills between me and LMS, and I just couldn't pull it off!

What a rush though. Starting to think this might actually be my favourite pinball machine!

#8595 4 years ago

I downloaded the code and you're right man it's awesome! It's like playing a whole new game!

Pause before you launch the ball. You will hear Negan whistle at you. Funny stuff.

#8596 4 years ago

Hey guys finally joined the club. This thread has been amazingly useful and I installed a few mods from recommendation and the custom radiohead/NIN sound pack. Game is brutal but an absolute blast.

2019-11-23 (resized).jpg2019-11-23 (resized).jpg
#8597 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Hey guys finally joined the club. This thread has been amazingly useful and I installed a few mods from recommendation and the custom radiohead/NIN sound pack. Game is brutal but an absolute blast.[quoted image]

Welcome to the Walkers club, where you’ll get an adrenaline rush every time you press the start button

#8598 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Hey guys finally joined the club. This thread has been amazingly useful and I installed a few mods from recommendation and the custom radiohead/NIN sound pack. Game is brutal but an absolute blast.[quoted image]

Remember you can put some thin green plastic over the backbox tube to dim it and reduce the reflection on the glass. I used some clear green plastic binder material I got at Staples. You could even just put some masking tape across the front of it. Anything helps. Kudos on getting a keeper.

#8599 4 years ago

Long shot but antone got the fishtank topper for sale?

#8600 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Long shot but antone got the fishtank topper for sale?

If you don't want to spend $400+ on the fish tank, these are an inexpensive alternative that look pretty cool! Two-piece, powdercoated metal. RGB kits don't come with the topper, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/172?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.