IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 237.
#8501 4 years ago

I've been getting back into this game. I have yet to reach Siege, so that will be my goal over the next few days. What shot(s) start that mode once it is qualified?

Also, those little yellow inserts...do they award a multikill weapon? Do you have to collect "x" amount of them to get a weapon? I always shoot for them but not sure how they are scored.

#8502 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yes, most of the inserts, if not all, are white. When I bought my game, the previous owner had put in some colored LEDs in some of the inserts to break it up. Red under the walker kill inserts are the ones that I can remember off the top, plus some other ones (not rainbow puked). Looks really good and should have come from the factory that way. When I see the all-white inserts on location, I think the game looks odd.

yea me too. I made mine a circus hahaha. I like colors! haha

#8503 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've been getting back into this game. I have yet to reach Siege, so that will be my goal over the next few days. What shot(s) start that mode once it is qualified?
Also, those little yellow inserts...do they award a multikill weapon? Do you have to collect "x" amount of them to get a weapon? I always shoot for them but not sure how they are scored.

The shot with the yellow insert lit awards two walker kills rather than 1. It lights after completing a mode and then moves around after each shot. Once you drain you are back to one walker kill.

#8504 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The shot with the yellow insert lit awards two walker kills rather than 1. It lights after completing a mode and then moves around after each shot. Once you drain you are back to one walker kill.

Ah...thanks.

#8505 4 years ago

I didn't explain the multi-kill portion of the question... though they are unrelated to the yellow circle inserts. You can get your multi-kill weapons a variety of ways, a couple of the easier ways are to complete Bicycle Girl and collect to Well Walker Jackpots. I'd consider those the low hanging fruit variety... beyond that completing each mode awards another and I believe some reward two, letting the mode time out will not award a MK weapon, you have to complete the mode, or make a certain amount of progress, like on tunnel, you don't need to make all the shots, I think 3 shots awards it, but you just can't craddle the ball and let the mode time out. A couple of the others are completing two sets of drop targets while in Blood Bath and collecting a specific number of supplies... I think the default is 9... so complete the drop targets 9 times and that will award another multi-kill weapon. Get all your multi-kill weapons collected and shoot Woodbury to start Horde.

Edit: As far as Seige goes... can't help you... never made it myself before I sold the game

#8506 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I didn't explain the multi-kill portion of the question... though they are unrelated to the yellow circle inserts. You can get your multi-kill weapons a variety of ways, a couple of the easier ways are to complete Bicycle Girl and collect to Well Walker Jackpots. I'd consider those the low hanging fruit variety... beyond that completing each mode awards another and I believe some reward two, letting the mode time out will not award a MK weapon, you have to complete the mode, or make a certain amount of progress, like on tunnel, you don't need to make all the shots, I think 3 shots awards it, but you just can't craddle the ball and let the mode time out. A couple of the others are completing two sets of drop targets while in Blood Bath and collecting a specific number of supplies... I think the default is 9... so complete the drop targets 9 times and that will award another multi-kill weapon. Get all your multi-kill weapons collected and shoot Woodbury to start Horde.
Edit: As far as Seige goes... can't help you... never made it myself before I sold the game

Really? I dont remember completing Bicycle girl and having the multikill go off. I thought multikill lit when you complete the mode ramp shots quickly. Not by just completing a mode (like bicycle girl).

#8507 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Really? I dont remember completing Bicycle girl and having the multikill go off. I thought multikill lit when you complete the mode ramp shots quickly. Not by just completing a mode (like bicycle girl).

you can get a MK from Bicycle Girl. You do not necessarily need to complete a mode in order to earn a MK. You just need to hit a certain number of shots in that mode. For example, you cannot finish Barn, bu you can earn a MK after 4-5 shots (can't remember exactly).

Similarly with Arena, you can make one shot and finish Arena with a Woodbury shot, but that alone won't earn you a MK. You need to get at least X number of shots (three I think) to earn a MK in Arena, but the mode will still continue until you finish it or it times out.

#8508 4 years ago

The rulesheet here is relatively accurate
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/58#post-3202060

I highly suggest reading it for some of the finer details of the code. Truly one of the best coded games of all time!

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The rulesheet here is relatively accurate
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/58#post-3202060
I highly suggest reading it for some of the finer details of the code. Truly one of the best coded games of all time!

*if you can stay alive long enough....

#8510 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

*if you can stay alive long enough....

idk man, I see scores in the +1 billion range, and I'm thinking I'm a terrible player in a sea of gods...and that this game is easier than what everyone says lol

#8511 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

you can get a MK from Bicycle Girl. You do not necessarily need to complete a mode in order to earn a MK. You just need to hit a certain number of shots in that mode. For example, you cannot finish Barn, bu you can earn a MK after 4-5 shots (can't remember exactly).
Similarly with Arena, you can make one shot and finish Arena with a Woodbury shot, but that alone won't earn you a MK. You need to get at least X number of shots (three I think) to earn a MK in Arena, but the mode will still continue until you finish it or it times out.

I think its only if you do it in quick succession. Ive had plenty of modes where i complete them and dont get a multikill.

Edit! - I guess I am wrong lol. Ill have to pay more attention in the future.

#8512 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think its only if you do it in quick succession. Ive had plenty of modes where i complete them and dont get a multikill.
Edit! - I guess I am wrong lol. Ill have to pay more attention in the future.

Speed doesn't matter. Like I mentioned, some modes you can complete without getting a MK. Most of the time "doing well" in a mode will get you a MK.

Some other non-mode related things to earn a MK:
X #of combos
3 completed fish tanks
10 drop target banks
etc.

Lots of opportunities to earn MKs throughout the game.

#8513 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Speed doesn't matter. Like I mentioned, some modes you can complete without getting a MK. Most of the time "doing well" in a mode will get you a MK.
Some other non-mode related things to earn a MK:
X #of combos
3 completed fish tanks
10 drop target banks
etc.
Lots of opportunities to earn MKs throughout the game.

Thats interesting to know. I wasnt aware of the other ways to get them ( should be since ive owned it for like 4 years now lol). Thanks!

#8514 4 years ago

Joined the club this week! excited to have this game in my collection. It came with a color DMD, shaker motor, side blades, blood splattered armor, its a very nice looking game.

IMG_4039 (resized).JPGIMG_4039 (resized).JPG
#8515 4 years ago

Just to prepare myself as I plan on reaching Siege soon...haha... what shots start it after its qualified?

Don't want to have an oh crap moment like when I first lit Horde and didn't know what to do.

#8516 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just to prepare myself as I plan on reaching Siege soon...haha... what shots start it after its qualified?
Don't want to have an oh crap moment like when I first lit Horde and didn't know what to do.

When multiball ends, you start it at the prison.

#8517 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yes, most of the inserts, if not all, are white. When I bought my game, the previous owner had put in some colored LEDs in some of the inserts to break it up. Red under the walker kill inserts are the ones that I can remember off the top, plus some other ones (not rainbow puked). Looks really good and should have come from the factory that way. When I see the all-white inserts on location, I think the game looks odd.

I just did that to the Pro I just bought, under some of the frosted inserts, no rainbow puke though. I did leave the gi white though.

#8518 4 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

Joined the club this week! excited to have this game in my collection. It came with a color DMD, shaker motor, side blades, blood splattered armor, its a very nice looking game.[quoted image]

Best decision of your life!

#8519 4 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

Joined the club this week! excited to have this game in my collection. It came with a color DMD, shaker motor, side blades, blood splattered armor, its a very nice looking game.[quoted image]

Switch that GI to warm white. It makes a big difference.

#8520 4 years ago

I had an idea for a cheap "mod". I love the zombie/survivor shadows inside of the prison what can be seen when the flashers activate. I was thinking about making something similar for the roof of the prison. Maybe a "survivors inside" sign that's only seen when flashing?

Has anyone done this before?

#8521 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I had an idea for a cheap "mod". I love the zombie/survivor shadows inside of the prison what can be seen when the flashers activate. I was thinking about making something similar for the roof of the prison. Maybe a "survivors inside" sign that's only seen when flashing?
Has anyone done this before?

Try EBay for the roof mod from Judge Dredd. I did, helps a lot, cheap, shows when flashers go off. I did not do the survivor mod, though.
Something to think about.

#8522 4 years ago

Where to Find Magnet Surround Mylar?

Just wondering who sells a pre-cut mylar ring for the PF that surrounds the magnets. I guess I'm less keen on the carbon-fiber ring I often see. Just mylar is fine. Or is there no such thing?

Thanks.

#8523 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Where to Find Magnet Surround Mylar?
Just wondering who sells a pre-cut mylar ring for the PF that surrounds the magnets. I guess I'm less keen on the carbon-fiber ring I often see. Just mylar is fine. Or is there no such thing?
Thanks.

I just used pop bumper ring mylar on mine. I'd avoid the carbon fiber rings.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pop-bumper-protective-playfield-mylar.html

#8524 4 years ago

Anyone get their bicycle girl ramp fix yet? They were supposed to go out last Monday and I've heard nothing.

#8525 4 years ago

^^^^^
I got mine. It came in an envelope

#8526 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

idk man, I see scores in the +1 billion range, and I'm thinking I'm a terrible player in a sea of gods...and that this game is easier than what everyone says lol

Don't worry it's not.

#8527 4 years ago

is there a required sequence of shots for crossbow mode?

I know if you miss certain shots and hit a nearby switch like tunnel or riot it ends but even when I hit any of the lit shots clean such as cdc ramp ,arena ramp or barn the mode ends

#8528 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I know if you miss certain shots and hit a nearby switch like tunnel or riot it ends but even when I hit any of the lit shots clean such as cdc ramp ,arena ramp or barn the mode ends

One shot mode. Now if you do the mode and make a successful shot three different times it starts crossbow frenzy where you can shoot the crossbow multiple times.

#8529 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

It's a one shot big score mode. You would want to use your multiplier for the possibility of really big points for the one shot.

#8530 4 years ago

ah, thanks, I thought I had a faulty switch somewhere that was triggering the end of the mode.

I generally am not good at any execution of using the x to hit a big point shot....

if you do start crossbow 3 times and hit a lit shot each time you get a multikill weapon?

#8531 4 years ago

This is what I have always gone by. I don't know how accurate it is but I believe it to be at least close.

From the rules link above:

The 6 "Multikill Weapons" lights in the middle of the playfield (the ones right below the Horde insert) are lit by doing well in modes. Each time you do one of the following, a Multikill Weapon will start to flash:
Make 2 shots in CDC
Make 2 shots in Riot
Make 2 shots in Tunnel
Make 2 (3?) shots in Arena
Make 3 (4?) shots in Barn
Finish CDC mode
Finish Tunnel mode
Complete 3 fish tanks (complete a tank, then hit the woodbury shot to re-qualify fish tank shots. They also re-qualify when you lose your ball)
10 drop target bank completions
Get 3 Well Walker jackpots
Get 4 prison multiball jackpots
Make 3 shots in Bicycle Girl (as of 1.41, you need not necessarily complete Bicycle Girl)
Score x combo’s
Score the bloodbath superjackpot.

#8532 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

ah, thanks, I thought I had a faulty switch somewhere that was triggering the end of the mode.
I generally am not good at any execution of using the x to hit a big point shot....
if you do start crossbow 3 times and hit a lit shot each time you get a multikill weapon?

Crossbow is lit simply by collecting the fish tank three heads by shooting the right ramp. I think it starts lit for crossbow then you need to hit it a few times to light crossbow again.

#8533 4 years ago

I've had a few close games getting to LMS, but feel like another extra ball could really make a difference.

I get my EBs from 5 and 60 kills, but I'm wondering what the next easiest EB would be?

I don't I've ever seen other EBs, although I think there are two others.

#8534 4 years ago

maybe the multikill award for 3 cross bow was taken out of the 1.6 code. it is listed on the pin wiki rule sheets ( code 1.56?) I will try for it tonight!

on the list I think cdc is 3 shots at least, from what I can tell for all mode mk awards the first shot to start the mode does not count towards the multikill award

I think crossbow is lit by dropping the 3 targets while on weapons , completing a tank lights the woodbury shot

#8535 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think crossbow is lit by dropping the 3 targets while on weapons , completing a tank lights the woodbury shot

This is right. My bad.

#8536 4 years ago

I am amazed at all the little details about the pins we carry around in our heads , its not surprising we mix things up now and then

thanks for the answer to my original question you saved me a bunch of time by not having to look into something that was not broken !!

#8537 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I've had a few close games getting to LMS, but feel like another extra ball could really make a difference.
I get my EBs from 5 and 60 kills, but I'm wondering what the next easiest EB would be?
I don't I've ever seen other EBs, although I think there are two others.

the factory setting is 10 tower shots for an eb , I rarely get more than 4 or 5 in a game , I lowered it to 8 and rarely get close to it. on a monster game 1x had 10 towers on the first ball !

if you get 4 woodburys I think one ofthe options is light eb

#8538 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

the factory setting is 10 tower shots for an eb , I rarely get more than 4 or 5 in a game , I lowered it to 8 and rarely get close to it. on a monster game 1x had 10 towers on the first ball !
if you get 4 woodburys I think one ofthe options is light eb

I knew about the Tower... also never achieved it set at 10 towers, did not know about getting 4 woodbury's, best I did in a game was 3 I believe... but it is possible I missed it as that is pretty much muscle memory for me to flip the shot to the in lane as a full plunge hits the same in lane the majority of the time.

#8539 4 years ago

I'm thinking about finally getting a shaker for my Premium for the hell of it. If you have one... is it well implemented in the code? I assume it bangs along with the subwoofer in Horde but when else do you feel it? Worth getting or annoying?

Also is Pinball Life's shaker decent?

Thanks gang

#8540 4 years ago

TWD has the best shaker code of any game I’ve ever played. The shaker is a natural fit with the high energy gameplay.

Quoted from Manic:

is it well implemented in the code?

#8541 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm thinking about finally getting a shaker for my Premium for the hell of it. If you have one... is it well implemented in the code? I assume it bangs along with the subwoofer in Horde but when else do you feel it? Worth getting or annoying?
Also is Pinball Life's shaker decent?
Thanks gang

Yeah, I love the shaker in my Pro. I've never had Horde, so don't know about that... But it rattles around with zombies, sometimes at random times when they growl or something. Really adds to the experience, love it.

#8542 4 years ago

Is there a setting to spot more Prison letters the second time around?

#8543 4 years ago

started watching the series have made it to the start of season 3 , cool to see where some of the cleland callouts come from and see the scenes for cdc, barn and riot so far.

awaiting tunnel and the arena scene looks like it will be "interesting" based on the dmd graphics.

#8544 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm thinking about finally getting a shaker for my Premium for the hell of it.

The shaker is essential on this pin. It is integrated the best of any game I have encountered so far, like there are zombies inside the cabinet beating on it to get out. And the first time you start Horde with it installed you will understand...

#8545 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there a setting to spot more Prison letters the second time around?

Yes there is one, can't recall the name but there sure is one.

#8546 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Yes there is one, can't recall the name but there sure is one.

Think I found it

#8547 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Okay, so I just tested everything thoroughly and I think I now have a pretty good handle on how it works. I also now understand why almost nobody ever sees Siege. It's a REALLY hard mode to get to! For starters, I didn't even realize there were two separate stages to Prison Multiball ...
During the first stage, you must shoot the prison walker to score a jackpot. You need to do this six times to complete the stage. Shooting any of the lit arrows or the closed prison doors will open the doors. Prison bombs can be used to score a jackpot, but only if the doors are already open. If they are closed, a bomb will open them, so if you have more than one prison bomb saved up, you can essentially use two in a row to get a jackpot. Once six jackpots have been collected, the Riot shot will start to strobe. You must shoot it to score the super jackpot and begin stage two.
During stage two, the prison doors will remain closed the entire time. You must shoot one of the two ramps and then shoot the prison in order to score a jackpot. To make things even more difficult, prison bombs can no longer be used to score a jackpot. They can be used to score a hit to one of the ramps, but the jackpots must be collected by physically shooting the closed prison doors. Once you score six jackpots, it will say "Siege is lit" on the DMD. This is a bit confusing, because the Siege insert will not actually light until the multiball is over. Perhaps "Siege is ready" would have made more sense.
When the multiball ends, the Siege insert will start to strobe and the next shot to the prison will start it. Once you start Siege, the mode continues until you either complete it or the game ends. The good news is that your progress carries over from ball to ball. I'm not going to spoil Siege, but the rules for it are pretty straightforward.
I hope this information helps. Prison Multiball is actually quite confusing, especially the second stage because both ramps as well as the prison are lit the entire time making it difficult to know what shot you are supposed to go for next. When you add in the fact that you are trying to accomplish all of this while juggling 2 or more balls, it makes Siege an extremely difficult mini-wizard mode to get to. Without the bombs, it must be even harder on the pro. Fortunately, Siege is amazingly cool, making it that much sweeter when you do manage to start it.

Crap. I've been trying to get to Siege. Guess I've been doing it wrong?
I thought for stage one you just have to clear all the blue shots then finish at the prison. For stage two I thought all you have to do is hit a blue shot then hit the prison to relight the blue shots and repeat that x amount of times to start Seige.
Is that not correct? I have to hit ramps too?

#8548 4 years ago

Brian’s explanation is spot on. Follow that.

#8549 4 years ago

There is a setting for how many Prison Jackpots it takes to light Seige - the default is 12. I recommend turning it down to 8 to make it more attainable. Unless you are a top A player, you still won't see it very often at 8 LOL.

#8550 4 years ago

I thought the new code reduced it? Can’t remember.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/171?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.