IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 236.
#8451 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

That is impossible. You changed the width of the tunnel shot from x to x minus (the increased radius of the new rubber).

theoretically impossible but in practice if x is 10 and the increased radius is .1 ( 10-.1 = 9.9) when you round out the answer which is fine for pinball (but not good for quantum physics) you still end up at 10- good enough!

the bigger effect is that extra .1 radius has an significant effect on the angle the ball EXITS the lower post area so when you factor in the remaining distance to the flippers the thicker rubber has a large effect on where the ball ends up.

the tunnel shot is just hard to dial in as you can not see the ball as it gets near the orbit entrance. I have the thicker post and it helps the exit and the difficulty of the tunnel shot seems about the same, everyone once in a while I will get some weird ball bounces from just below the last pop that sends the ball flying down the left outlane but the thicker post has nothing to do with that jusr random "that's pinball" irritations

#8452 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Replacing the circled rubber post with a slightly thicker one... did not affect the tunnel or crossbow/arena shots.

Quoted from Lermods:

narrow the shot by a millimeter with a wider post

The impossible part is "did not affect the shots" and "narrow the shot by a millimeter".

Both cannot be true at the same time.

A thicker post makes the shot narrower. That is the definition of changing the shot.

#8453 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The impossible part is "did not affect the shots" and "narrow the shot by a millimeter".
Both cannot be true at the same time.
A thicker post makes the shot narrower. That is the definition of changing the shot.

Sorry, but I'm sticking with what I said and I believe this is the easiest and best fix for the sdtm from the pops. Adding a thicker post did not affect the shot, no change in my ability to make the shot, no increased brick shots. It is narrower, but it doesn't matter. If this were houdini, it would matter.

#8454 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What's impossible? Because you narrow the shot by a millimeter with a wider post sleeve the shot no longer can be made? The shot is wide enough that adding another millimeter makes no difference. It's not a tight shot to begin with. The ball hits the wider post as it rolls out of the pops just enough to cause it to fall to the left flipper with little impact on making the tunnel or arena shots.

I added the same post you did. I believe he was asking about the 100% statement. It helps, but, by no means stops them. There are still plenty of sdtm.

#8455 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

The hair is too neat in my opinion

I agree the hair looked to neat so I took another crack at it and went with a less is more approach and I'm satisfied with the blending on both scalps. I also added some blood smear and some bloody hand prints, blah .. blah .. blah. Available in Pro, Premium and "Deplorable" models.

twd prem pst (resized).jpgtwd prem pst (resized).jpgPRO 2 pst (resized).jpgPRO 2 pst (resized).jpgtwd trmp pst (resized).jpgtwd trmp pst (resized).jpg

#8456 4 years ago

Lol I like the last one as a joke. Looks like your prez the one with the cap and the comb over zombie as well
Btw I can't see the first of 4 pix is that me or was it blank

#8457 4 years ago

Thanks, I think its funny and I think people can find its humor on both sides of the aisle. I dont know why I have a blank first image as I only uploaded 3 pics but I did edit the attachments and screwed it up somehow. There are only 3 images to be seen but the "deplorable" version is also available in the pro coloration.

#8458 4 years ago

Well I have the same issue and never fixed it. I added the same post as you both and it deflects approx 75% of the STDM from the right loop. If I get a little bound off the lower bumper and it hits the right loop it almost always is headed for SDTM. I've gotten better at nudging but it is encouraging to hear someone got it 100% reliable so maybe there is some leveling involved.

Quoted from HIPPY:

I added the same post you did. I believe he was asking about the 100% statement. It helps, but, by no means stops them. There are still plenty of sdtm.

#8459 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well I have the same issue and never fixed it. I added the same post as you both and it deflects approx 75% of the STDM from the right loop. If I get a little bound off the lower bumper and it hits the right loop it almost always is headed for SDTM. I've gotten better at nudging but it is encouraging to hear someone got it 100% reliable so maybe there is some leveling involved.

I have stock standard everything on my game and am lucky to get 1% sdtm. I think it's all to do with levelling. Maybe try tweaking that before going through the drama of modifying things.

#8460 4 years ago

LED Color DMD, anyone?

Just wondering if any color DMD users recommend LED over LCD for TWD if your taste leans to dotsXL and away from smoothing.

#8461 4 years ago

75 Walker kills on ball one (including 2 eb's). Guess how many I ended up with...

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

75 Walker kills on ball one (including 2 eb's). Guess how many I ended up with...

Now that's funny. What you do, forget to play the last two balls?

#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Happens to the best. My condolences.

#8464 4 years ago

I have ColorDMD LCD with the hirez setting and it looks awesome.

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

LED Color DMD, anyone?
Just wondering if any color DMD users recommend LED over LCD for TWD if your taste leans to dotsXL and away from smoothing.

#8465 4 years ago

This flipper rubber was a total game changer. I hated this machine until I added it; now I love it. Sdtm is no longer an issue.

AF54D1D5-3B2F-4A57-B02F-1914AF1DBBC8 (resized).jpegAF54D1D5-3B2F-4A57-B02F-1914AF1DBBC8 (resized).jpeg
#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

With 4 balls in the chamber not one more walker kill?

Pathetic but I can relate,great first ball though.......

#8467 4 years ago

Thanks I will try this!

Quoted from mthirkell:

This flipper rubber was a total game changer. I hated this machine until I added it; now I love it. Sdtm is no longer an issue.[quoted image]

#8468 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

This flipper rubber was a total game changer. I hated this machine until I added it; now I love it. Sdtm is no longer an issue.[quoted image]

Lucky. I did the same on mine and it still goes sdtm a lot. May have to unlevel the pin

#8469 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've done that a few times and it sucks!!!

Crazy how you can have a couple of really solid balls and then completely sh*t the bed!

Still, my worst moment was getting to 115, LMS insert is flashing, and I miss that final shot

Had the exact same thing happen to be in LOTR. One last shot to make Valinor.

I didn't play pinball for a month hahaha!

#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

With 4 balls in the chamber not one more walker kill?
Pathetic but I can relate,great first ball though.......

Only 2 balls in the chamber. My 75 kills were on 3 balls (I played the 2 ebs while still on ball 1). Official balls 2 and 3 were quick drains

#8471 4 years ago

My tip and I've only recently adopted this phylosophy as I've missed out on wizard modes before, and that is to not force the shot. I've attempted the shot, missed and just saved the ball and then straight away went for it again and just saved the ball, rinse and repeat until I lost the ball. If you fail to make the shot after two attempts, just make other shots and get your rhythm back and relax. The wizard shot will just happen once you've calmed down. Works most times for me.

#8472 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

LED Color DMD, anyone?

I had an LCD DMD on it for a while. Tried each of the settings such as Hirez, Dots, Dotsxl etc. Then I switched it with an LED colorDMD for comparison. Huge difference. Much better color gradation and more subtle colors revealed. This game looks much better with the LED DMD.

#8473 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had an LCD DMD on it for a while. Tried each of the settings such as Hirez, Dots, Dotsxl etc. Then I switched it with an LED colorDMD for comparison. Huge difference. Much better color gradation and more subtle colors revealed. This game looks much better with the LED DMD.

I also think led looks more traditional on how the graphics is supposed to look. And it fits just like the original

#8474 4 years ago

I’ll never sell my LE anytime soon. It’s just too damn good of a game. Playfield better quality than the last 5 games. A keeper.

I finally made it to horde mode..... I cheated....turned my multi kill shots down one to earn a multi kill in a few modes making it easier. Also turned ball save timer to 12 seconds.

I’d never make it without finagling the settings.

#8475 4 years ago

I have ColorDMD LCD with the hirez setting and it looks awesome.

Agreed. The Hi Res looks fantastic on the LCD.

#8476 4 years ago

Had a rare decent game this weekend. Reached Horde for the third time. Cool mode, but man do I struggle to get there.

edit: Got to Horde twice this weekend. Yay. It's a battle against drains the entire time. Brutal.

#8477 4 years ago

Just joined the club with a nicely modded Pro and am adding my Leg Lights, a double spot light, HD leg braces on the front legs, a center drain purple strip and probably more. Looks like I have some reading to do. LOL

IMGA0098 (resized).JPGIMGA0098 (resized).JPGIMGA0101 (resized).JPGIMGA0101 (resized).JPGIMGA0103 (resized).JPGIMGA0103 (resized).JPGIMGA0104 (resized).JPGIMGA0104 (resized).JPGIMGA0105 (resized).JPGIMGA0105 (resized).JPGIMGA0106 (resized).JPGIMGA0106 (resized).JPG
#8478 4 years ago

I think I'm going to swap the GI over to warm white, has anyone regretted this?

Does anyone have any leftover mods or alt translites they want to sell? PM me,Thanks!

#8479 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does anyone have any leftover mods or alt translites they want to sell? PM me,Thanks!

Warm white is a huge improvement for the GI! no regrets here

#8480 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Warm white or sunlight white are a big improvement. Better contrast & color, but the same unforgiving beating.

#8481 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Thats the fun part of most machines, you can create any color scheme you like...

#8482 4 years ago

I switched the outer perimeter gi lights to warm white with a few red sprinkled in , a lot better to my eye.

anyone switch out the cool white prison walker kill and rollovers insert bulbs with warm white ? if yes a picture would be great!

#8483 4 years ago

I just started putting time back on this game and have reached Horde a few times recently. What makes it kick out more balls? Is it a time thing or certain shots?

#8484 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I just started putting time back on this game and have reached Horde a few times recently. What makes it kick out more balls? Is it a time thing or certain shots?

When you complete the number of required shots per wave, you get a short ball saver and an add-a-ball, IIRC

I've been to Horde a few times since owning this game...one of the best mini-wizard modes of all time.

it is GREAT with a subwoofer!

#8485 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think the first aab is 3 shots, then 4 and so on

#8486 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I agree the hair looked to neat so I took another crack at it and went with a less is more approach and I'm satisfied with the blending on both scalps. I also added some blood smear and some bloody hand prints, blah .. blah .. blah. Available in Pro, Premium and "Deplorable" models.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just ordered a green one for my Pro. So much better then the original.

2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
#8487 4 years ago

I really modded the crap out of my pro with almost a full custom plastic set, ramp decals and most noticeably a scary zombie head replacing the well walker. I also added comet 12v red flasher strips under the ramp entrances. I know there is a continuing debate on which is better (pro or prem) but one of the reasons I like the pro so much better is that you can custom LED all the inserts which you cannot do on the prem. Adding a bunch of color to inserts really enhances the look of the playfield IMO. Such a fun game. Lots to see in this pic if you can zoom around.
twd pf (resized).jpgtwd pf (resized).jpg

#8488 4 years ago

The scary zombie head is badass. Got anymore?

#8489 4 years ago

No, Sorry. Here is a link to the toy that I bought to make it. It took a fair amount of work to reshape and paint it. I had a friend who is a pro model maker do the paintjob. Its a much more gratifying shot to hit him and have his head rock back with the exposed bloody neck. Its super light so it also has more action. Here is a pic of the og toy.
ebay.com link: Hanging Bloody Zombie Torso Prop Decoration 3 ft Haunted House Horror Halloween
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpgs-l1600[2] (resized).jpg

#8490 4 years ago

Here is a pic of it side by side to the original well walker. I was worried it may be too broad but honestly in losing the arms on the well walker it really opens up your view of both the prison and the right orbit shot. I did add some sprigs of hair and repainted the eye to a cloudy lens before installing. I also added a pad of "easter grass" beneath it so there was something that looked sinuey to light up.
zomheads (resized).jpgzomheads (resized).jpg

e grass (resized).jpge grass (resized).jpg
#8491 4 years ago

I don't know what's going on but have been reaching Horde quite a bit lately. Not complaining. Haha.

Dumb question..what is the yellow rr xing insert for?

#8492 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't know what's going on but have been reaching Horde quite a bit lately. Not complaining. Haha.
Dumb question..what is the yellow rr xing insert for?

After you hit enough pop bumpers a zombie jackpot is lit at the right orbit and signified with a pulsing RR Xing insert. Shoot that to collect the jackpot.

#8493 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I really modded the crap out of my pro with almost a full custom plastic set, ramp decals and most noticeably a scary zombie head replacing the well walker. I also added comet 12v red flasher strips under the ramp entrances. I know there is a continuing debate on which is better (pro or prem) but one of the reasons I like the pro so much better is that you can custom LED all the inserts which you cannot do on the prem. Adding a bunch of color to inserts really enhances the look of the playfield IMO. Such a fun game. Lots to see in this pic if you can zoom around.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the decals, side blades and backboard graphics from? They look nice.

#8494 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Where did you get the decals, side blades and backboard graphics from? They look nice.

Thanks! I made everything. I will post some better pics of the backboard later. Here is a low res pic of the side blades. I need to redo them and adjust where some of the zombies are for better visibility when installed. They blades turned out really cool as I printed them on clear vinyl and then applied that to galvanized sheet metal. It really gave it an industrial foil look that reflects the GI in a neat way.

TWD art blades (resized).jpgTWD art blades (resized).jpg
#8495 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks! I made everything. I will post some better pics of the backboard later. Here is a low res pic of the side blades. I need to redo them and adjust where some of the zombies are for better visibility when installed. They blades turned out really cool as I printed them on clear vinyl and then applied that to galvanized sheet metal. It really gave it an industrial foil look that reflects the GI in a neat way.[quoted image]

Artwork looks great. Best art blade I've seen for this title, but I'm unsure of one thing and I see it on other mods too with scene shots. Why is there blood spatter on the sky/horizon?

Is the blade suppose to represent a painting that has been spattered with blood or is it to give the illusion of being on the other side of the fence. Or am I viewing it through eyes that are with bloodied vision?

#8496 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just joined the club with a nicely modded Pro and am adding my Leg Lights, a double spot light, HD leg braces on the front legs, a center drain purple strip and probably more. Looks like I have some reading to do. LOL[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your life is now complete. Never sell it.

#8497 4 years ago

I put Comet No Ghost Sunlight frosted LED bulbs in my Pro's GI.
Looks much better than what the factory put in it and feels easier on your eyes.

Haven't decided to colour match the inserts yet but it seems ripe for doing it.

#8498 4 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

I put Comet No Ghost Sunlight frosted LED bulbs in my Pro's GI.
Looks much better than what the factory put in it and feels easier on your eyes.
Haven't decided to colour match the inserts yet but it seems ripe for doing it.

arent most of the inserts lights white? Except for the red arrows..

#8499 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, most of the inserts, if not all, are white. When I bought my game, the previous owner had put in some colored LEDs in some of the inserts to break it up. Red under the walker kill inserts are the ones that I can remember off the top, plus some other ones (not rainbow puked). Looks really good and should have come from the factory that way. When I see the all-white inserts on location, I think the game looks odd.

#8500 4 years ago

all of the original leds in my TWD PRO were natural white.

Quoted from Rager170:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.