IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 237.
#801 8 years ago

Kill more walkers. Based on your minimum walker kill setting, new ones will be lit when you drop below the minimum.

#802 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Stock has double leds white cold

Yeah that's what I put in there. Those puppies are bright in those inserts! Maybe I'm just a sissy....

#803 8 years ago

Is Norman Reedus in the club or just posing ?

TWDNORMAN.jpgTWDNORMAN.jpg

#804 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#805 8 years ago

Those are really cool photos. Where were they taken?

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Those are really cool photos. Where were they taken?

pinterest of Norman Reedus

#807 8 years ago

OK sorry if I didn't see an answer to this (I did read the rules summary)
but am still confused (even after watching Bowen on PAPA tutorial)
I don't own TWD yet! But am making my mind up over Premium or Pro

But how does the "x shot" work again?
I can see the x inlanes light up and the balls rolls over.. but how do you control
when you want to "use" your xshot up?
I assume once the inlane is lit and you roll over the lit
X any next shot you hit (ramps/targets/bash) use up that X multiplier?

#808 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

OK sorry if I didn't see an answer to this (I did read the rules summary)
but am still confused (even after watching Bowen on PAPA tutorial)
I don't own TWD yet! But am making my mind up over Premium or Pro
But how does the "x shot" work again?
I can see the x inlanes light up and the balls rolls over.. but how do you control
when you want to "use" your xshot up?
I assume once the inlane is lit and you roll over the lit
X any next shot you hit (ramps/targets/bash) use up that X multiplier?

you got it right. every 2nd walker ups the X value ...from 2x to ???? might be unlimited ... change X lane lit with flipper

#809 8 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

pick up 3 of your Walking Dead mods off your site… no problem finding or ordering them… shipped in 4 days….don't change a thing ….that guy sounds like he has more problems than just trying to order Walking Dead mods

Thanks

#810 8 years ago

Whats the best powder coat colour for Premium side rails/lockdown bar? Ive seen the green on Refinery's edition and not so keen on that. Any other ideas?

#811 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What color/type LEDs are you guys using for the Multi-Kill weapon inserts. My game had blue bulbs there when I got it. Looked terrible. I put white Cointaker double LEDs in them instead. They are a bit too bright. I was thinking maybe an orange or red in there. What are you guys using?

Got whites on the weapon and last man standing inserts.
Yellow on the multikill shot inserts.
Greens on the zombie kill inserts and green on the cabnet front.
Looks great to me.

1103151955_HDR.jpg1103151955_HDR.jpg

#812 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Whats the best powder coat colour for Premium side rails/lockdown bar? Ive seen the green on Refinery's edition and not so keen on that. Any other ideas?

With the green art on the premium green has to be the best choice. Otherwise black maby.
I would like to do my pro in red.
On a premium red and green would make me think of Christmass to me.
The bloody armor from stern might be a good choice also.

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

With the green art on the premium green has to be the best choice. Otherwise black maby.
I would like to do my pro in red.
On a premium red and green would make me think of Christmass to me.
The bloody armor from stern might be a good choice also.

Maybe a deep red/burgundy might be good, but yeh, Stern Armour would probably look best. It's really expensive down here though. I think around $500AUD.

#814 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Maybe a deep red/burgundy might be good, but yeh, Stern Armour would probably look best. It's really expensive down here though. I think around $500AUD

The black that comes with the game looks great to.
What I want on mine is some PDI glass.

#815 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Got whites on the weapon and last man standing inserts.
Yellow on the multikill shot inserts.
Greens on the zombie kill inserts and green on the cabnet front.
Looks great to me.

1103151955_HDR.jpg

That's exactly how mine is. It does look good, I just feel like the weapon inserts are a bit bright. I'll play with it like this for a while, maybe I'll try some red there. I need that fish tank mod you have. Looks sweet!

#816 8 years ago

Just had a great turn around game where not once, but twice, on ball 3 I used a walker bomb to keep my game going with prison mb then ww mb which in turn got me to horde. Which brings me to my next question, is horde beatable?

#817 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Which brings me to my next question, is horde beatable?

That's an excellent question. I had it going for what seemed like quite a while several times, and I've never beaten it.

#818 8 years ago

Horde has no ending at this moment (you get bit or you drain all balls)

#819 8 years ago

I love horde and how it can go on forever

#820 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I love horde and how it can go on forever

I do too but there should be an extra ball award in there somewhere at phase 6 or 7. your game is pretty much over and no chance of siege, terminus, or LMS if you play horde on ball 3.

Hopefully these are things Lyman is addressing in an update. Btw, I haven't been paying attention lately nor did I watch the dead flip stream; is it confirmed an update is currently being worked on?

#821 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I do too but there should be an extra ball award in there somewhere at phase 6 or 7. your game is pretty much over and no chance of siege, terminus, or LMS if you play horde on ball 3.
Hopefully these are things Lyman is addressing in an update. Btw, I haven't been paying attention lately nor did I watch the dead flip stream; is it confirmed an update is currently being worked on?

Yes it is confirmed.

#822 8 years ago

Maybe I don't understand the rules of horde. But the horde keeps coming and a lane lights. If you don't make a shot pretty soon all the lanes light and turn white. If you just sit there and cradle a single ball won't horde end? I notice I can keep a second ball in play by completing all the shots (beating the horde back) and getting my add-a-ball. But once you're down to one ball, what happens if you don't make any shots at all and let the horde build on its own? I assumed once all the lanes were lit and turned white that horde ended.

I swear I've also had two balls going and lost a ball through the outlane with bit lit and the mode did not end.

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Maybe I don't understand the rules of horde. But the horde keeps coming and a lane lights. If you don't make a shot pretty soon all the lanes light and turn white. If you just sit there and cradle a single ball won't horde end? I notice I can keep a second ball in play by completing all the shots (beating the horde back) and getting my add-a-ball. But once you're down to one ball, what happens if you don't make any shots at all and let the horde build on its own? I assumed once all the lanes were lit and turned white that horde ended.
I swear I've also had two balls going and lost a ball through the outlane with bit lit and the mode did not end.

I beleive its in relation to how close they are to the screen. They keep getting closer and closer. Then when they get too close, they "bite" you and your flippers die and the ball drains. However I do not know if that would actually count as you draining a ball or or if it would kick another ball out and resume play (if you were on ball three)?

#824 8 years ago

I've never had the flippers die on me to end the mode. Interesting.

#825 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've never had the flippers die on me to end the mode. Interesting.

same here ... anybody fail this mode and have the flippers die?

#826 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

same here ... anybody fail this mode and have the flippers die?

I have, but it was the day 1.41 was released, playing on RobT's machine before i owned twd so honestly dont remember if it counted as a lost ball or not. I do remember getting a please wait screen on the dmd for like 5 minutes before i could resume play. I think rob took video or pics of the 'bug?'.

#827 8 years ago

I've been getting a lot of airballs on my LE lately, especially the right post on the bicycle girl ramp. They will often bounce all the way over to the right ramp.

Any recommendations for this? I'm running Cliffy post sleeves on these, not stock rubber.

#828 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I've been getting a lot of airballs on my LE lately, especially the right post on the bicycle girl ramp. They will often bounce all the way over to the right ramp.
Any recommendations for this? I'm running Cliffy post sleeves on these, not stock rubber.

My ramp guard was upside down and backwards. Once corrected, I've had fewer air balls.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#829 8 years ago

Is that the right way or the backwards way? I don't think that would help me, as the ball seems to be bouncing off of the front of the right post in your picture.

#830 8 years ago

Pic shows how I got it. (The wrong way)
Once flipped and reversed, the plastic comes forward, and the overhang is off to the right side.
Ma y be just the correction you need to that right post.
How is yours currently? Same way, or correct way?

#831 8 years ago

My plastic was installed right so it's not that. Anyone have any other ideas?

#832 8 years ago

How about the cliffy post sleeves since you changed them? My oem setup has zero issues and people haven't reported any problems with oem posts.

#833 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ordered my Premium a couple of weeks go. But down here we have to wait 6 weeks for delivery...
Can't wait!
What are everyone's top 3 mods? I'm not a big mod fan, but I think TWD will be different.
Many people got the Stern armour and printed inside blades? Worth getting? Is the topper too much on the Premium (zombie head overload?)

http://mezelmods.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pinball-mods

#834 8 years ago

Looking for a tower mod. Thought there were a few to choose from. Anyone recommend one ?

#835 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

My plastic was installed right so it's not that. Anyone have any other ideas?

I had cliffy post sleeves on mine before I switched to Titan and had zero issues with them. One thing I did notice was, with my ocd, I over tightened the top screws that hold that plastic protector above the ramp on. By over tightening those screws I pushed down the cliffys too low and they were all squished down and fat and were nearly touching the playfield. That would cause air balls. Check to make sure those screws are nice and loose and the cliffys aren't bunched up and sitting too low.

#836 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I had cliffy post sleeves on mine before I switched to Titan and had zero issues with them. One thing I did notice was, with my ocd, I over tightened the top screws that hold that plastic protector above the ramp on. By over tightening those screws I pushed down the cliffys too low and they were all squished down and fat and were nearly touching the playfield. That would cause air balls. Check to make sure those screws are nice and loose and the cliffys aren't bunched up and sitting too low.

We all kinda knew you had a screw loose.
; )

#837 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

We all kinda knew you had a screw loose.
; )

You know it

#838 8 years ago

My latest update.

I was late to the 1.41 code update by about a month. Been using it a while now though. Cleland's and Milhouse's sound contribution options to the community are an amazing gesture and super appreciated. There are a ton of options to mod the TWD machines now, from multiple call-out changes to lots and lots and lots of mods.

I still really really enjoy TWD. I use it 10X more + compared to the rest of my collection. In a home use environment the dmd animations are the best I've ever seen, not to mention the music, call-outs, lighting, and play, all of which are are awesome and intense. The machine theme really is amazingly incorporated into game play.

I find it has a great ratio of short and long shot times, and it is tweakable to personal preferences depending on how good you are, how you set up the pin, what mods you add, and what changes you make. The result is a very customizable game to personal preferences and a huge one-more-game-feel.

I was an early owner, just as the first updated code was provided. In fact I installed the second code (first update) before the first play. Things really started to take off at this point. And I found it to be a really enjoyable pin right away. Each code version gives a significantly unique flavour to the play of the game. I've kept all versions, and later on over time I see merit in changing up the game code with some of the older versions for a change of pace and enjoyment, etc. I miss some of the DMD animations of the early code too.

Lyman as programmer for this pin factored large in my decision to buy the LE/Prem version (with thanks to pinside members who noted this early on), as well as theme, and boy has that ever worked out. I find that Lyman has even surpassed his previous programming excellence to take TWD overall play, layout, and theme to the next level. It may not be for everyone, but for those who like fast, challenging, deep, balanced and rewarding game play, TWD is among the top of the list if not at the top of the list.

The PF layout is fairly unique as many have noted earlier. And I know of no other game that has two skill shots.

TWD reviews, ratings and comments on pinside have been a huge roller coaster, from lots of bad early on to now lots of good. I found this crazy, but have only been on pinside for about a year. I'd assume TWD was a somewhat unique case, or am I wrong and and has one seen some significant swings in ratings in other new machine theme releases over time?

With some members posting vociferous negativity to TWD early on, and the negative theme trending on pinside for quite a while, it has been challenging as someone who had the opposite experience to relate. As the tides turned I thought that TWD machines were in line to develop an eventual cult appreciation with limited ownership. More recently, it seems that the recognition is catching on much more so, and there will more significant appreciation and ownership. We'll see since much of the TWD license period so far was burnt with negative feedback. Either way, what a ride and interesting times. I'm just happy if people give the latest versions of TWD machines a chance for enjoyment as the code being finalized, because while it may not be for everyone, it can be a ton of fun for many. And it's fun to share enjoyment.

#839 8 years ago

I'm a bandwagon fan. I had this title pre-booked after seeing the playfield pics, then cancelled it after playing the Pro at release. I felt up until recently that bash toys are dull, and why would anyone want 2-3 of them on a single playfield?
I had heard from friends that the latest code was great, but couldn't imagine a pin could change as much as it has.
With Lyman's latest code, this is so unlike the Pro that I played about a year ago.
After watching the Deadflip video and the Bowen Tutorial, I could see why friends were raving about it.
I bought an LE the day after watching the Deadflip video and picked it up next next morning.
It's an amazing pin. I get bored very quickly with pins often and many have lasted only a few days sometimes.
I don't see this one leaving anytime soon.
It's very interesting to see this title suddenly blow-up with popularity. I wonder how many more will be sold with the latest code update.

#840 8 years ago

Congratulations Chambahz! Welcome to the club.

The LE artwork is amazing in person. One of my first posts here on pinside discussed that and added a few pics.

Did you buy from Starburst Playdium? I was following your earlier posts on this. I got one of the LE's about a year ago from them. And at a great price compared to now. Premium buyers will be paying more than I did for the LE. Lucky you to get an LE. At that time they said they had 2 left after. Crazy if playdium had one left. Very lucky. Cheers.

#841 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Congratulations Chambahz! Welcome to the fold.
The LE artwork is amazing in person. One of my first posts here on pinside discussed that and added a few pics.
Did you buy from Starburst Playdium? I was following your earlier posts on this. I got one of the LE's about a year ago. Great price compared to now. Premium buyers will be paying more than I did for the LE. Lucky you to get an LE. Crazy that playdium had one left. Very lucky. Cheers.

I think he might have bought it second hand?

#842 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

The PF layout is fairly unique as many have noted earlier. And I know of no other game that has two skill shots.

Wait wait wait...what??? Am I missing something? What are the TWO skill shots?

#843 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

LOTR has three and stern st has two or three skill shots.

#844 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Im wondering if he means a two stage skill shot? rollovers being stage 1 - flashy blinky pretty light being stage 2?

I love that when you complete the full skill shot your shotgun blasts the walkers head clean off. If you only get one roll over, the shotgun only gets half of the walkers head. And if you dont get any roll overs but get the 2nd stage you use a pistol to the walkers head. Cool stuff!

#845 8 years ago

Congrats to all of the TWD newcomers!

As a guy that's had his from day one I've never gotten tired of it, it's mostly all I play now, except to take a mental break on my other pins for a game or two.

I've got the Titan rubber coming, looking forward to that!

With Horde, you can really roll up some big scores if you hang around long enough plus it does give you the opportunity for a few walker kills if you are getting close to LMS

I've come so close, so many times to LMS, this weekend is gonna be the one where I get it done!

#846 8 years ago

Good luck with LMS! It will be cool when you get it.

Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats to all of the TWD newcomers!
As a guy that's had his from day one I've never gotten tired of it, it's mostly all I play now, except to take a mental break on my other pins for a game or two.
I've got the Titan rubber coming, looking forward to that!
With Horde, you can really roll up some big scores if you hang around long enough plus it does give you the opportunity for a few walker kills if you are getting close to LMS
I've come so close, so many times to LMS, this weekend is gonna be the one where I get it done!

#847 8 years ago

Woodbury is considered a second skill shot.

Yes, this game is the only game I know of that features two skill shots :

The ‘normal’ skillshot -

Here you have to watch the two star rollovers just below the Tower area. To get the most points the ball should roll over them when they are both lit. If just one of them is lit, you get fewer points.

Because they cycle faster with every new ball this gets harder, but also rewards more points - up to two million points in fact.

The ‘Woodbury’ skillshot -

The DMD will show four circles, corresponding with the two star rollovers and the two inserts above the bonus lanes. With the flipper you can select several reward combinations (up to 1 million for one of these shots). One of the four white lights will be lit and the switch beneath it will reward different values when reached by the ball.

So you have to plunge exactly hard enough to make the light/switch that rewards the most points.

All the shots have been discussed, so we now end up in the bottom right area where we find the right slingshot, inlane and outlane. There’s nothing remarkable here and as with the left outlane, there’s an adjustable post, a ‘bit’ insert and a rollover switch.

The left inlane is also pretty much the same as the right one, featuring an ‘X’ insert and a switch.

From http://www.pinballnews.com/games/walkingdead/index5.html

#848 8 years ago

Ahh then Star Trek sorta has this. At any point mid game when the ball goes to the shooter lane, you can hold the left flipper to light the vengeance or right ramp for a second super skill shot.

#849 8 years ago

I'm joining the club soon. Friday the 13th is when I go and pick up my TWD premium.

#850 8 years ago

Rather than Dig through all the TWD posts, I have a few issues that I think have been resolved to some degree and would like some help:

1) How to reduce drains through the pop bumpers
2) How to reduce drains off the barn magnet. Sometimes the magnet does not activate long enough and the ball just goes sits there then SDTM
3) How to improve the detection of the switch on the zombie head in the barn so all hits are registered.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.