IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 237.
#8401 4 years ago

Depending on where the ball is heading, side to side works. But it can be counter-intuitive. When you think you need to nudge left, try nudging right.

#8402 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Depending on where the ball is heading, side to side works. But it can be counter-intuitive. When you think you need to nudge left, try nudging right.

Thanks is will try this. Just gotta stop my natural reaction to push forward

#8403 4 years ago

Is there any way in settings to extend the time the machine waits before it starts a ball search? Often when I'm shooting for the Supply/Weapon/Food drops, there'll be a long time in between any switch hits, and a lot of times I'll have one drop target left standing, and all of a sudden the effing machine will do a ball search and reset all the drop targets which infuriates me, hahaha. I bet there's nothing I can do other than if I think I'm getting close to a ball search, try to shoot a ramp before the search. I can't be alone on this, or am I?

#8404 4 years ago

Never happened to me but I can see it happening. Don't think there is a setting

#8405 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Is there any way in settings to extend the time the machine waits before it starts a ball search? Often when I'm shooting for the Supply/Weapon/Food drops, there'll be a long time in between any switch hits, and a lot of times I'll have one drop target left standing, and all of a sudden the effing machine will do a ball search and reset all the drop targets which infuriates me, hahaha. I bet there's nothing I can do other than if I think I'm getting close to a ball search, try to shoot a ramp before the search. I can't be alone on this, or am I?

I've had it happen to me once or twice. The only thing I can think of is...PLAY BETTER!

I believe it happened on Bowen's tutorial on YT, if i'm not mistaken.

#8406 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had it happen to me once or twice. The only thing I can think of is...PLAY BETTER!

LOL, I agree that playing better would solve it.

#8407 4 years ago

I appreciate seeing context added to big scores. I think if you've made any changes to default settings you should indicate that. 1.5B is an impressive score even with the subtle tweaks made but if you're playing on a fully stock game one extra tilt working on 6 balls is significant if you're a player who uses all their tilt warnings on every ball.

#8408 4 years ago

Was thinking about adding a spinner to my Pro Barn left loop.
If I do, then what would I tie the spinner switch too?
On the Premium, what do the spinners score to? Same as pop bumpers for example, or is it a completely different programmed score feature?
Anyone know and has anybody tried adding the spinner?
TIA

#8409 4 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

I thought about doing this and trying to tie it into pop bumper hits. Seems like that would work great for Riot mode if possible.

#8410 4 years ago

Ramp Fix Mod: Still Available? If So, From Whom?

I asked on this forum recently for a referral to a source for the mod that extends the left ramp flap on the Premium/LE. I got a friendly reply and a link. The link led me to a three-year-old thread, a portion of which I've pasted below. You'll notice the author tells interested shoppers to contact PinPlay to order, but that Pinsider is now "inactive." So, where can I find this mod or does none actually exist?

"For all you TWD LE/Premium owners, we will be making a left ramp fix kit that will make it super smooth. I came up with the idea of putting foam pads under the ramp flap to make it play better a long time ago, but that is nothing compared to this. If you bought a pro instead of a premium because the left ramp was smoother - sorry

Installation takes less than 1 minute!

Price: $29 including shipping in USA

Please PM user PinPlay (see post #41 - or me) if interested."

#8411 4 years ago

Back on page 150 of this thread. I never tried doing it myself but here you go

Quoted from pintuck:

On the Premium, what do the spinners score to? Same as pop bumpers for example, or is it a completely different programmed score feature?
Anyone know and has anybody tried adding the spinner?
TIA

Screenshot_20191026-223925_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191026-223925_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8412 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Ramp Fix Mod: Still Available? If So, From Whom?
I asked on this forum recently for a referral to a source for the mod that extends the left ramp flap on the Premium/LE. I got a friendly reply and a link. The link led me to a three-year-old thread, a portion of which I've pasted below. You'll notice the author tells interested shoppers to contact PinPlay to order, but that Pinsider is now "inactive." So, where can I find this mod or does none actually exist?
"For all you TWD LE/Premium owners, we will be making a left ramp fix kit that will make it super smooth. I came up with the idea of putting foam pads under the ramp flap to make it play better a long time ago, but that is nothing compared to this. If you bought a pro instead of a premium because the left ramp was smoother - sorry
Installation takes less than 1 minute!
Price: $29 including shipping in USA
Please PM user PinPlay (see post #41 - or me) if interested."

I bought mine from Pinsider T7. I checked and he still appears to be an active. The mod does work well. If he no longer sells them I'm sure you could make one easy enough. It's just a piece of spring steel with double sided 3m adhesive to attach it.

#8413 4 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

Was thinking about adding a spinner to my Pro

Without the code changes used on the premiums and LEs to integrate the spinner why bother hooking it up to anything? Just install it and rip it when you feel like it. Pop bumper hits seems the most likely to be useful without unbalancing the game.

#8414 4 years ago

Seems like tapping a bumper switch for the spinner woulbe be about as close as you will get to mimicking their use on a premium

#8415 4 years ago

Putting in some spinners is on the twd is on my list of things to do when I get tired playing

I put some in my gotg pro tied to one of the hadron targets,minimal effect on scoring but though the magic of pinball browser Cleland was nice enough to add a cool spinner sound.fun to rip and a nice add to the game imho

On the premium is there a spinner mode? I thought they were mostly use to add switch hits during ww mb?

#8416 4 years ago

have been wading through all 168 pages of this thread. bunch of good ideas for mods that i have used, found a great idea about replacing the prison zombie head, i think around post 4084 but i have not been able to go back and find the original pinsider to credit the idea( how does one search and find " post 4084"? )

messed around with it this weekend and made "prototype" horde to replace the zombie head using material i had laying around (which does not include a 3d printer!) i have limited artistic and fine tolerance skills but i like it!
'

horde2 001 (resized).jpghorde2 001 (resized).jpghorde2 003 (resized).jpghorde2 003 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 042 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 042 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 041 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 041 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 044 (resized).jpgtwd ghorde 044 (resized).jpg
#8417 4 years ago

That does look good!

#8418 4 years ago

Just doublecheck if you hook up the spinner to anything that this doesn't 'break' your x shot value.
For example if you want to 'X' the left loop shot when playing barn mode... hitting the spinner earlier might make the game think another shot was made so not awarding the multiplied barn shot from the X inlane.

#8419 4 years ago
13A3BBA1-A8CF-4CB2-8EF2-83539A34A725 (resized).jpeg13A3BBA1-A8CF-4CB2-8EF2-83539A34A725 (resized).jpeg5D1A545B-82ED-418D-8669-73E6179BFF63 (resized).png5D1A545B-82ED-418D-8669-73E6179BFF63 (resized).png78004EF4-D3A5-4992-A219-72D8C498A8D6 (resized).jpeg78004EF4-D3A5-4992-A219-72D8C498A8D6 (resized).jpegE3DFCEA9-6C43-472D-8EFE-53E8E92B9BBC (resized).jpegE3DFCEA9-6C43-472D-8EFE-53E8E92B9BBC (resized).jpegE4CF349A-4DB1-4E6C-9381-8C49EEFB9394 (resized).jpegE4CF349A-4DB1-4E6C-9381-8C49EEFB9394 (resized).jpeg
#8420 4 years ago
0C60A789-F799-4711-B423-04EECD1A0BB7 (resized).jpeg0C60A789-F799-4711-B423-04EECD1A0BB7 (resized).jpeg
#8421 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

have been wading through all 168 pages of this thread. bunch of good ideas for mods that i have used, found a great idea about replacing the prison zombie head, i think around post 4084 but i have not been able to go back and find the original pinsider to credit the idea( how does one search and find " post 4084"? )
messed around with it this weekend and made "prototype" horde to replace the zombie head using material i had laying around (which does not include a 3d printer!) i have limited artistic and fine tolerance skills but i like it!
'[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would buy this if it ever becomes available. It looks great!

#8422 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

'[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Uooooo its perfect!!!!!!!! Perfect mod!!!!!

#8423 4 years ago

I love it!!!

#8424 4 years ago

**** Help Crossbow Weak ****

*Looking for advice ...
I have heard a few people in the past that have had a Premium/LE say their Crossbow shot was weak ... well, that’s me today. What was the best solution? It still shoots but you really need to let it go all the way to the right then shoot on the way back to the left so that the weight of the ball has time to slip the sleeve down.

#8427 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

thanks , how do you do the search to find this?

Look at the URL for this page. There are 50 posts for each page. So if you're looking for post #x go to page x/50 and scroll to the post you want.

The number by each post is hyperlinked, I long-press (Android) and click "copy link".

#8428 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Just doublecheck if you hook up the spinner to anything that this doesn't 'break' your x shot value.
For example if you want to 'X' the left loop shot when playing barn mode... hitting the spinner earlier might make the game think another shot was made so not awarding the multiplied barn shot from the X inlane.

That exact scenario would probably happen now that you mention it.

#8429 4 years ago

The TWD BG Ramp fix is available again! Please order from PinballModGal here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pre-le-bg-ramp-fix-mod-available#post-5278594

#8430 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Look at the URL for this page. There are 50 posts for each page. So if you're looking for post #x go to page x/50 and scroll to the post you want.
The number by each post is hyperlinked, I long-press (Android) and click "copy link".

ah , of course !! thanks !

#8431 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I bought mine from Pinsider T7. The mod does work well. If he no longer sells them I'm sure you could make one easy enough. It's just a piece of spring steel with double sided 3m adhesive to attach it.

Oh, gosh.
It's only adhered? I was sure it was riveted!
The real question might be, why not make yourself a longer ramp from plexi and rivet a ramp flap on it? Maybe that's in my future.

#8432 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Oh, gosh.
It's only adhered? I was sure it was riveted!
The real question might be, why not make yourself a longer ramp from plexi and rivet a ramp flap on it? Maybe that's in my future.

The mod is super easy to install and will hold strong for years if installed correctly. Making yourself a longer ramp will probably work, but it won't work any better and will take you much more time. Almost every one that has tried the mod has remarked they couldn't believe how well it worked for them. You should go to the thread and watch the video of it in action.

NOTE: A longer ramp may not work as well, because there are a couple aspects of how this mod works that cushions the impact. Part of the problem with how the BG ramp comes from the factory is that it is very stiff, and slides around (sloppy). The mod keeps the ramp from sliding left/right, and provides the extra cushion upon impact of the ball.

#8433 4 years ago

Here's a creepy translite option that would work on all models but might look best on the premium?

twd 20 pin (resized).jpgtwd 20 pin (resized).jpgtwd 2019 oct pst (resized).jpgtwd 2019 oct pst (resized).jpg
#8434 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here's a creepy translite option that would work on all models but might look best on the premium?[quoted image][quoted image]

I like it. Are they being made?

#8435 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here's a creepy translite option that would work on all models but might look best on the premium?[quoted image][quoted image]

It *would* be nice to finally have something that would work on the Premium. This must be fan made though as in the show the zombies certainly aren't all bald. Kinda throws me a little looking at it.

But it's nice to have an alternative.

#8436 4 years ago

I do see what your saying. I will consider adding some sprigs of hair on a couple of them.

#8437 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It *would* be nice to finally have something that would work on the Premium. This must be fan made though as in the show the zombies certainly aren't all bald. Kinda throws me a little looking at it.
But it's nice to have an alternative.

I got one for my premium at Ministry of Pinball, UK. The governor. Best part is it removes the glare from the glass. Check it out.

#8438 4 years ago

w/hair

twd 2019 oct  pst hair (resized).jpgtwd 2019 oct pst hair (resized).jpgtwd 2019 oct  pst tp hr (resized).jpgtwd 2019 oct pst tp hr (resized).jpg
#8439 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

w/hair[quoted image][quoted image]

#8440 4 years ago

I just got a twd pro a few weeks ago and love the game but I get way too many shots that goes from the pops to the side rail to sdtm. It makes it really hard to have a decent game. Any fixes for this?

#8441 4 years ago

Make sure your pops are extra sensitive and learn to nudge to get the ball off that rail so it feeds the left flipper to a dead bounce to the right flipper. Once you get it down, it’s very consistent.

Don’t put any non stock rubbers over there. It closes off the tunnel shot and can turn your SDTM drains into outlane drains.

#8442 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I just got a twd pro a few weeks ago and love the game but I get way too many shots that goes from the pops to the side rail to sdtm. It makes it really hard to have a decent game. Any fixes for this?

Add a thicker post sleeve at the bottom of the ramp where the ball exits.

#8443 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Slay better!

#8444 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

w/hair[quoted image][quoted image]

The hair is too neat in my opinion

#8445 4 years ago

What chuckwurt says. Especially sensitivity of the popbumpers! If not the ball rolls down the guide and stdm. A more active popbumper will put the ball with some effect towards the pops exit and often enough to feed the left flipper.

#8446 4 years ago

General rule of thumb on this pin is what chuckwurt says is right Go back and read his posts through this thread, all are great places to start for new TWD owners.

#8447 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Yes. Add a flipper rubber under the ramp. It took away 90% of the stdm for me. I agree, don't add anything to the post as it closes off the ramp a little.
Anyway, there's a pic in this threat somewhere. If you don't find it, dm me and I'll send you one.

#8448 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Yes. Add a flipper rubber under the ramp. It took away 90% of the stdm for me. I agree, don't add anything to the post as it closes off the ramp a little.
Anyway, there's a pic in this threat somewhere. If you don't find it, dm me and I'll send you one.

Replacing the circled rubber post with a slightly thicker one fixed my sdtm from the pops 100% and did not affect the tunnel or crossbow/arena shots.
78FA926F-62C1-4BDB-B88C-CA938DD80FAD (resized).jpeg78FA926F-62C1-4BDB-B88C-CA938DD80FAD (resized).jpeg

#8449 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Replacing the circled rubber post with a slightly thicker one... did not affect the tunnel or crossbow/arena shots.

That is impossible. You changed the width of the tunnel shot from x to x minus (the increased radius of the new rubber).

#8450 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

That is impossible. You changed the width of the tunnel shot from x to x minus (the increased radius of the new rubber).

What's impossible? Because you narrow the shot by a millimeter with a wider post sleeve the shot no longer can be made? The shot is wide enough that adding another millimeter makes no difference. It's not a tight shot to begin with. The ball hits the wider post as it rolls out of the pops just enough to cause it to fall to the left flipper with little impact on making the tunnel or arena shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 8.95
$ 26.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.