IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 236.
#8351 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I felt like the ball was always ending up in the pops after a barn orbit shot so I added a thin piece of felt to the exit just above the entrance to the pops as others have suggested .
WHOA!! CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!. no more dribbling out of the pops to a dead flip on the left flipper to a safe cradle on the right, now from a clean barn shot 90% of the time the ball comes flying down at speed to the left flipper where it must be contended with !
Improves the flow IMHO and adds to the brutality !!!

I would like to see that, can be interesting

#8352 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I felt like the ball was always ending up in the pops after a barn orbit shot so I added a thin piece of felt to the exit just above the entrance to the pops as others have suggested .
WHOA!! CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!. no more dribbling out of the pops to a dead flip on the left flipper to a safe cradle on the right, now from a clean barn shot 90% of the time the ball comes flying down at speed to the left flipper where it must be contended with !
Improves the flow IMHO and adds to the brutality !!!

I've not heard of anyone doing this. Mine goes into the pops 100% of the time after a Barn shot. I thought that was by design.

#8353 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've not heard of anyone doing this. Mine goes into the pops 100% of the time after a Barn shot. I thought that was by design.

Mine to, but would be interesting if the shot make all the way to the left flipper again, sometimes the ball keeps to long on the bumps and stops the flow of it.

#8354 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I remember years back people putting felt in that area to do what you are mentioning. Sometimes I do feel like the design is flawed and it should come down to the flippers instead of the bumpers. I too have mine go to the bumpers 100% of the time.

#8355 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Thanks!!!!!!!

Quoted from mannymasy:

Photo plase?....thanks

I have these also. Id advise covering it with mylar or something. It doesnt last long and gets chopped up quickly. Although, it being a little torn up adds to the ravaged walker took imo...

#8356 4 years ago

Going into the pops is an important part of scoring for BB and WW multi-balls, both switch based scoring, especially on the pro where there is no spinner to rip. So by-passing the pop's, though it would work well for flow would hurt you in multi-ball.

#8357 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I remember years back people putting felt in that area to do what you are mentioning. Sometimes I do feel like the design is flawed and it should come down to the flippers instead of the bumpers. I too have mine go to the bumpers 100% of the time.

I use this strategy occasionally during MB to get some balls hung up so I can concentrate on shooting 1 or 2 balls as opposed to 3 or 4. It's also a way for me to get switch hits for Well Walker MB (playing a pro so I don't have a spinner). I like being able to count on the fact that it'll go into the pops 100% of the time.

#8358 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I use this strategy occasionally during MB to get some balls hung up so I can concentrate on shooting 1 or 2 balls as opposed to 3 or 4. It's also a way for me to get switch hits for Well Walker MB (playing a pro so I don't have a spinner). I like being able to count on the fact that it'll go into the pops 100% of the time.

Yea I hear ya. I have a pro also. I never changed anything myself but do see how people could think its a flaw as it does stop the flow big time..

#8359 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea I hear ya. I have a pro also. I never changed anything myself but do see how people could think its a flaw as it does stop the flow big time..

I remember there was someone here a long time ago that wanted to disable the pops due to being hung up there after the plunge. We obviously agreed to disagree, but I think there's definitely some strategic value in them. That's why Lyman is awesome.

#8360 4 years ago

will post a pic tonight if I can, but not much to see just a small piece of felt or foam stuck on the right exit wall of the right orbit, .

The thickness is critical too thin and the ball will trigger the right pop bumper , too thick and it will bump the ball into the left bumper.
I fine tuned it and found the thickenss of double sided foam tape about right for me.

Probably a good idea to have the thicker post rubber on the arena ramp to give the ball a bump the reduce the possibility of stdm drains as it comes down .

tradeoff with the flow vs the pop bumper scoring, I like the rest you get when a ball is in the pops but the ball can pop around up there for crazy long great during multiball less so during single ball , even with this some barn shots end up in the pops but if makes the glancing well walker or missed tunnel shot a better choice for the pops .

#8361 4 years ago

Hey everyone I should be joining the club in a couple weeks with a premium and have been reading through all of the posts and mods listed. It looks like one of the big ones for the premium is the bicycle girl ramp but is there any consensus of which one is best to use? I see one from mezel mods as well as a couple from members but not sure of the difference. Thanks!

#8362 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Hey everyone I should be joining the club in a couple weeks with a premium and have been reading through all of the posts and mods listed. It looks like one of the big ones for the premium is the bicycle girl ramp but is there any consensus of which one is best to use? I see one from mezel mods as well as a couple from members but not sure of the difference. Thanks!

I like cliffys, fits great.

#8363 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I have the one from @gnassel... not sure if he still sells them, but drop him a PM maybe. Excellent service and installation when I got mine a couple years ago.

#8364 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Gnassel is the one for sure.

#8365 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Gnassel is the one for sure.

Great thanks i just sent him a PM. Any other must have mods from a playability or protection viewpoint?

#8366 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Great thanks i just sent him a PM. Any other must have mods from a playability or protection viewpoint?

Not much. Cleland code is a must imo, and whatever you would normally use for shooter lane protection.

Color DMD would be the next thing to get, but doesn’t directly affect playability.

#8367 4 years ago

Colordmd lcd and shaker!

Quoted from JohnDeere:

#8368 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Colordmd lcd and shaker!

I just put a shaker in mine this past weekend, and really like it!

#8369 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I like cliffys, fits great.

Where is Cliffy? I placed an order in early July and still nothing. He told me back then he was backed up but wow..

#8370 4 years ago

Colordmd lcd and shaker!

Forgot the shaker. It’s amazing on this game!

#8371 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Where is Cliffy? I placed an order in early July and still nothing. He told me back then he was backed up but wow..

He's around. Always very busy. If you send him an email, he'll get back to you. I would be surprised if you didnt get anything within a couple months. I've waited for 3 months (probably longer) before but he always delivers.

#8372 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I exchanged emails with him this week, he is moving through the backlog for sure.

#8373 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I exchanged emails with him this week, he is moving through the backlog for sure.

Ok thats good to hear. I emailed in a week or two ago and never heard back.

#8374 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,
Ive made a gameplay video last night, can you guys tell me your opinions, what can i improve, camara, lights, add some talking, etc.

The lighting from the pinstadiums does not look good at all.

#8375 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Looking back on some older threads , the amount of thickness needed to allow the ball to mostly avoid the pops is minimal, machine dependent but someone found the thickness of a sticker was enough , I am using a piece of double sided foam tape(playfield side not peeled) which is at most 1.5 mm thick . this could as well be accomplished with a slight bend of the metal of the exit to the orbit itself.

Given how little change is needed I wonder if it was not the original designers intent for the left orbit shot to return back to the flipper. I could not find a any detailed discussion by john borg regarding his thoughts. , Not that I need it any harder but it plays much faster and more brutal with the clean orbit return fitting with the survival theme .

#8376 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Looks much better in person, but thanks for your input.

#8377 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Looking back on some older threads , the amount of thickness needed to allow the ball to mostly avoid the pops is minimal, machine dependent but someone found the thickness of a sticker was enough , I am using a piece of double sided foam tape(playfield side not peeled) which is at most 1.5 mm thick . this could as well be accomplished with a slight bend of the metal of the exit to the orbit itself.
Given how little change is needed I wonder if it was not the original designers intent for the left orbit shot to return back to the flipper. I could not find a any detailed discussion by john borg regarding his thoughts. , Not that I need it any harder but it plays much faster and more brutal with the clean orbit return fitting with the survival theme .

I used 3M heavy duty Velcro, loop side. Game play is so much faster, as intended IMO.

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
#8378 4 years ago

Argh! Was having a good game (for me... 100M, 35 kills on the 2nd ball), when I made a shot on the CDC ramp and... the ball got stuck on the ramp behind the back (so you couldn't see it). Ball search didn't dislodge it, I shaking the machine, nothing... Eventually game thought the ball was lost I guess... And the game got confused with two balls in play during ball three. Grr....

#8379 4 years ago

Barn shots are supposed to go to the orbit and sticking down Velcro is a fix?

I’ve only had my game a couple weeks but that doesn’t sound right.

Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

I used 3M heavy duty Velcro, loop side. Game play is so much faster, as intended IMO.

#8380 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I personally would not call this is a 'fix'. Barn shots are supposed to go into the pop's. I've never read from any official source that they weren't supposed to and every TWD I've played has always worked that way... I understand why folks like the flow and would add something to make that happen, I just wouldn't refer to it as 'fix'

#8381 4 years ago

Barn shots are supposed to end up in the pops. In other Borg games like Aerosmith and X-Men, that have similar orbit shots (through the pops one way), the ball ends up in the pops out of an orbit as well.

#8382 4 years ago

Barn shots (left loop) can hit the pops or sail right through the loop. People added the velcro to stop STDM as the ball exits the loop. Its adds just a little bump to push the ball trajectory over to the left flipper. On my machine a slow roll off that loop will go STDM everytime but I usually just give it a shake. Fast balls are no problem.

Quoted from jalpert:

#8383 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

No surprise, sadly......color wash and rainbow ramps.....happens to all games.....

#8384 4 years ago

Barn shots (left loop) can hit the pops or sail right through the loop. People added the velcro to stop STDM as the ball exits the loop. Its adds just a little bump to push the ball trajectory over to the left flipper. On my machine a slow roll off that loop will go STDM everytime but I usually just give it a shake. Fast balls are no problem.

Mine never ever goes down to the flippers. Always goes into the pops.

#8385 4 years ago

Having trouble finding Cleland’s code, does anyone have a link?

#8386 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Having trouble finding Cleland’s code, does anyone have a link?

Here's the Rated R Version of the the Premium/LE
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frsafcja1r9wd2a/TWD160LE_CLELAND_R.BIN?dl=0

and Here's the PG-13 Version of the Premium/LE
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwg55g2rlhklvl6/TWD160LE_CLELAND_PG13.BIN?dl=0

And yes, with the latest 1.6 update there are Negan and other characters tastefully placed.

#8387 4 years ago

Hello all. Just joined the club.

Don't like the backboard LEDs shining straight in my face when I enter my games room.

I'll probably get some angled moulding and see if I can shield them a little without losing their lighting benefit but figured I'd put it out there first in case anyone has already figured out a creative solution. Thanks!

#8388 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Hello all. Just joined the club.
Don't like the backboard LEDs shining straight in my face when I enter my games room.
I'll probably get some angled moulding and see if I can shield them a little without losing their lighting benefit but figured I'd put it out there first in case anyone has already figured out a creative solution. Thanks!

These are an option.

https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/flex-bulbs

#8389 4 years ago

Thanks. I have some green ones so threw them in just now and you can definitely get the light out of your eyes but they are less diffuse so hard to keep them from glaring off other stuff. It's definitely an option though. Good idea.

#8390 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Thanks. I have some green ones so threw them in just now and you can definitely get the light out of your eyes but they are less diffuse so hard to keep them from glaring off other stuff. It's definitely an option though. Good idea.

Even if you put frosted lenses in the backboard it bothers you?

#8391 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even if you put frosted lenses in the backboard it bothers you?

It does but I'm thinking that had I put the game on a different wall it wouldn't. You need to be like 8 feet away to be looking straight at them. Less if you are shorter. On the other hand where I have it between 2 other games is where it belongs. Don't much care for the sideart to be the first thing when you walk in the room.

(Edited)

1 week later
#8392 4 years ago

have been busy playing and modding my pro

added a fishtank with mezel mod flashers,

thanks to an excellent link from cajuntrooper made a prison tower and added lighting to the spotlight and an extra light when the tower shot is lit ,
also added daryl under the cdc ramp and a walker guy to the left upper( might have to change his lighting to other than cool white)

was getting rare balls that would fly down the arena ramp exit on a super clean shot and hop over the exit wireform so added a sign that helps to prevent this. of course had to add a few figures as well

twd 041 (resized).jpgtwd 041 (resized).jpgtwd 043 (resized).jpgtwd 043 (resized).jpgtwd 056 (resized).jpgtwd 056 (resized).jpg
#8393 4 years ago

Had a huge game for me the other night , have been playing a lot and nudging a hell of a lot more than i usually do to the point i have epicondylitis in my elbow.! loosened the tilt to a lot more than my other games maybe a quarter cone in the ring and have tower eb set at 8 and 3 tilt warnings .

monster first ball over 60 kills earning 3 eb , horde and all modes
got to terminus and with lot of mb action and bunch of clutch and lucky shots held it together and got to lms very cool. did not get very far but after lms still had a ball so figured ok now siege.... not to be.. still probably a once in a lifetime game for me.

since then it is back to owning me most games and my elbow still hurts!

twd 050 (resized).jpgtwd 050 (resized).jpgtwd 049 (resized).jpgtwd 049 (resized).jpgtwd 052 (resized).jpgtwd 052 (resized).jpg
#8394 4 years ago

Great score. I just can't get this machine going. It's one drainy bitch. I also have pains in my left hand/elbow from slapping the mf'r.

#8395 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Great score. I just can't get this machine going. It's one drainy bitch. I also have pains in my left hand/elbow from slapping the mf'r.

Ive had it for years and I can hardly ever get it going lol. Definitely the hardest pin ive ever played.

#8396 4 years ago

That's what I love about this game. I don't have 45 minutes to play TSPP, in 5 minutes I can get a lot done, relatively speaking.

Quoted from Rager170:

Ive had it for years and I can hardly ever get it going lol. Definitely the hardest pin ive ever played.

#8397 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That's what I love about this game. I don't have 45 minutes to play TSPP, in 5 minutes I can get a lot done, relatively speaking.

lol, 5 minutes with me and this machine equals 3 games and 100,000 points total lol

#8398 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Had a huge game for me the other night , have been playing a lot and nudging a hell of a lot more than i usually do to the point i have epicondylitis in my elbow.! loosened the tilt to a lot more than my other games maybe a quarter cone in the ring and have tower eb set at 8 and 3 tilt warnings .
monster first ball over 60 kills earning 3 eb , horde and all modes
got to terminus and with lot of mb action and bunch of clutch and lucky shots held it together and got to lms very cool. did not get very far but after lms still had a ball so figured ok now siege.... not to be.. still probably a once in a lifetime game for me.
since then it is back to owning me most games and my elbow still hurts![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Geez! Hell of a score. Bravo. I’m not even in the same universe as that. A couple hundred grand is all I can muster. This thing kicks the crap out of me on a daily basis. Well at least I have something to aim for now.

#8399 4 years ago

If you put in the time and focus, this pin is a great trainer on nudging to avoid outlane drains. This technique, once learned will greatly increase your score on this and all other pins.

#8400 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

If you put in the time and focus, this pin is a great trainer on nudging to avoid outlane drains. This technique, once learned will greatly increase your score on this and all other pins.

Man I get some huge scores on this title but those outlanes kill me. My technique is keep the ball away from there just like on my gb that also kills me.

What nudge technique do you employ? I can't help but nudge forward which is not the way to go

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.