IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 236.
#8301 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,
Ive made a gameplay video last night, can you guys tell me your opinions, what can i improve, camara, lights, add some talking, etc.
Another thing, the riot shot is suposed to be like that?

Minute 1:25, hit and goes back, if yes, is a very nice felling.
Thanks

More to do with your game. Try changing some white gi's for red to maybe add some interest to the playfield. The pinstadium seems to wash out the colours on your video. Otherwise it was good. I'd only add talking if you're making this into an instructional video otherwise I'd prefer hearing just the game sounds and callouts

#8302 4 years ago

new member here and loving TWD pro.

It had 2 black rubber post rings on both outlanes which I assumed to be prior mods , I removed as it seemed they almost prevented the ball from going doing the inlane rather than reducing the outlane drains. jury is still out on the drain status without them

in looking at pics I have seen what look like new machines with these in place ,was this the factory setup?

#8303 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,
Ive made a gameplay video last night, can you guys tell me your opinions, what can i improve, camara, lights, add some talking, etc.

Thanks

Not sure what the 1:25 is referencing?

#8304 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

More to do with your game. Try changing some white gi's for red to maybe add some interest to the playfield. The pinstadium seems to wash out the colours on your video. Otherwise it was good. I'd only add talking if you're making this into an instructional video otherwise I'd prefer hearing just the game sounds and callouts

Maybe i will do this, i can adjust some configurations on the pinstadium, maybe change the color to red and dimm them a little bit. I would love to make it like a "tutorial video" but maybe i will need a micro.
Thanks

#8305 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I agree something just looks off with the pinstadium lighting, too bright almost... I'm not having ball tracking issues as much as it just doesn't look like TWD to me. And the riot shot action you're seeing I would see occasionally on mine too, particularly useful during Riot mode of course to score two hits .

Yeah they register 2 shots, but appart from that, is a very nice felling, to bad they dont make it this way on standard.. eheheh
Any way to fix this?

#8306 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

The blue from the pinstadium is distracting and makes the ball tough to follow in the ramps -- is there a way to add ambient lighting?
If you add talking, make sure to get a mic. I tried to stream without a mic and just use the webcam to pick up volume, did not go well.
Thanks for posting!

Maybe i will try the phonecamara to pick the volume, just to try it, but im pretty sure i will need a micro. Yeap i can add some light for sure.
Thanks for your input man.

#8307 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Not sure what the 1:25 is referencing?

Riot shot, the ball hits the end and goes back again

#8308 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Riot shot, the ball hits the end and goes back again

Oh, I see. yes, this happens from time to time with a good shot.

#8309 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Yeah they register 2 shots, but appart from that, is a very nice felling, to bad they dont make it this way on standard.. eheheh
Any way to fix this?

You could put drop dead foam on the tower target face. That should stop it.

#8310 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,

Thanks

Are you looking for play / strategy suggestions, or just suggestions about the actual video itself? I don't want to start throwing out the "you should do X instead of Y because....." suggestions if that isn't what you're after.

#8311 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Are you looking for play / strategy suggestions, or just suggestions about the actual video itself? I don't want to start throwing out the "you should do X instead of Y because....." suggestions if that isn't what you're after.

All kind of sugestions to make a better video with good content that other can enjoy it, the general objective is to make more content also with other machines that i have in my house.

#8312 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

All kind of sugestions to make a better video with good content that other can enjoy it, the general objective is to make more content also with other machines that i have in my house.

I would invest in a good camera that can do 1080/60fps and also get a great mic. Don’t use anything that is on the camera. Get a good separate one. Direct video from the dmd and direct audio from the game will boost the production value too.

Good luck!

#8313 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

IMO don't add color to the GI, just get it less washed out. I think ambient lighting would help the most.

#8314 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

new member here and loving TWD pro.
It had 2 black rubber post rings on both outlanes which I assumed to be prior mods , I removed as it seemed they almost prevented the ball from going doing the inlane rather than reducing the outlane drains. jury is still out on the drain status without them
in looking at pics I have seen what look like new machines with these in place ,was this the factory setup?

Was wondering if double rubbers was factory also.

Went to change it to one and the damn t-nut came out.

Well at least it's easy to get back. But think I'll leave it at 2.

#8315 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Was wondering if double rubbers was factory also.
Went to change it to one and the damn t-nut came out.
Well at least it's easy to get back. But think I'll leave it at 2.

Post rubber = factory.
Two on each post? I think not.

#8316 4 years ago

In my current lineup my TWD Prem has been here the longest. It's not going anywhere. I still play it A LOT. What a fantastic game. And I STILL haven't seen all of it. Love it!

#8317 4 years ago

I just traded for a premium and while I'm still in the honeymoon phase I will say it's very intense and keeps me coming back. Here's to hoping it has staying power. A question or two...My game has some custom sound that has replaced the factory clips. Some of it not safe for kids Lol...Is the original sound package really bad? Also thinking about putting a flipper rubber around the well walker to protect the belt area...Seems like it takes a beating.

#8318 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I just traded for a premium and while I'm still in the honeymoon phase I will say it's very intense and keeps me coming back. Here's to hoping it has staying power. A question or two...My game has some custom sound that has replaced the factory clips. Some of it not safe for kids Lol...Is the original sound package really bad? Also thinking about putting a flipper rubber around the well walker to protect the belt area...Seems like it takes a beating.

There's a PG version of the sound mod somewhere. cleland is the pinsider that made the audio package. The original sound package has a lot of the redneck guy doing the callouts. You can hear some of them in the modded sound package.

The well walker does take a beating, but the decal on it holds up pretty well. If you still have the goodie bag, there might be an extra one in there. Or you could buy more.

congrats on joining the club!

#8319 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I personally think the original sound is better. But everyone is different.

#8320 4 years ago

I put the soft side of Velcro around the well...works a treat...also put it on the two tabs on the auto launcher...keeps the balls nicer longer............Joey

#8321 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I put the soft side of Velcro around the well...works a treat...also put it on the two tabs on the auto launcher...keeps the balls nicer longer............Joey

Ive never believe that about the auto launcher. The ball rests against it and is pushed, not slapping the ball. I would think if you are that concerned, you would need to also be concerned with rubbing on any metal. Multiball will do more damage than the auto launcher.

#8322 4 years ago

That’s why I cover the balls with soft-side Velcro as well.......Joey

#8323 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

That’s why I cover the balls with soft-side Velcro as well.......Joey

lol!

#8324 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

There's a PG version of the sound mod somewhere. cleland is the pinsider that made the audio package. The original sound package has a lot of the redneck guy doing the callouts. You can hear some of them in the modded sound package.
The well walker does take a beating, but the decal on it holds up pretty well. If you still have the goodie bag, there might be an extra one in there. Or you could buy more.
congrats on joining the club!

Thanks...My wife was playing and heard the I'm going to beat the holy F.....F....F....F out of you and gave me a very strange look. I do hear the redneck guy and he reminds me of the dude from Big Buck Hunter a little. I don't see an extra decal but did see that you could buy them still. Just thinking it may need more. Awesome game...Left outlane is beating the living crap out of me.

#8325 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I'm going to youtube the original and give it a listen just to compare and contrast

#8326 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Thanks...My wife was playing and heard the I'm going to beat the holy F.....F....F....F out of you and gave me a very strange look. I do hear the redneck guy and he reminds me of the dude from Big Buck Hunter a little. I don't see an extra decal but did see that you could buy them still. Just thinking it may need more. Awesome game...Left outlane is beating the living crap out of me.

LTG made a post a couple years ago about an "Adult" setting in the code? Might be worth checking out if you can turn it off without having to install new code. Links to two different threads.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-most-recent-cleland-twd-code

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-most-recent-cleland-twd-code-1

#8327 4 years ago

The adult setting is for the stock rom. The R rated audio that is in the adult cleland rom can't be changed with game settings since the audio files were changed. Cleland offered a PG version with a few of the choice zingers taken out (see referenced link below). best to just install the PG version since the actual show voices are way better than the stock rom and family friendly. Its nice we have choices!

Quoted from FatPanda:

LTG made a post a couple years ago about an "Adult" setting in the code? Might be worth checking out if you can turn it off without having to install new code. Links to two different threads.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-most-recent-cleland-twd-code
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-most-recent-cleland-twd-code-1

#8328 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The adult setting is for the stock rom. The R rated audio that is in the adult cleland rom can't be changed with game settings since the audio files were changed. Cleland offered a PG version with a few of the choice zingers taken out (see referenced link below). best to just install the PG version since the actual show voices are way better than the stock rom and family friendly. Its nice we have choices!

that makes sense. I'm not sure why he referenced the Adult setting in regards to the Cleland rom though.

I've thought about installing the PG code too for guests, but it's me and my wife playing it 99% of the time. She minds it but not enough to stop playing it

#8329 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Eskaybee did a modification of clelands I believe which is the best of both worlds imo.

#8330 4 years ago

Just played a few games.
Fuck this game.
.I love you, but seriously, you're a bitch.
Ok. One more.

#8331 4 years ago

Can someone take a picture of the inside of the backbox with the translite off and post it? I need to check a few things. Thank you!!!

#8332 4 years ago

I have a bunch of closeups of the different connections if you need more than this pic.

2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
#8333 4 years ago

I've had such a strange relationship with this game. Every couple of months I get frustrated at its brutality, and I tell my wife or anyone else who pretends to care that I'm going to sell this piece of s#!t!!!!

Then I have a game and get so so so so so close to that 115 mark, where my hands are shaking and my heart is pounding through my chest, and I realize this game is a keeper!

We have a complicated love/hate relationship, but we're going to make it work! At least until I get to LMS

#8334 4 years ago

Is this a decent score? Just joined the club a 5 days ago...

IMG_5393 (resized).jpgIMG_5393 (resized).jpg
#8335 4 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Is this a decent score? Just joined the club a 5 days ago...[quoted image]

Yep! Well done.

#8336 4 years ago

honeymood phase but I must say this game keeps me pressing the start button ! unlike my other often played LOTR where if you have not made a of progress on the first 2 balls , you can plunge ball 3 and pretty much know this aint gonna be a valinor run, an epic ball is always a possibility on TWD.

The other night on ball 3 had a mode stacked with prison mb and went from that to blood bath mb to well walker and maybe back to prison ? nailing shots, completing modes and multikills and killing walkers , ended up starting terminus and had horde light then drained,, when the dust settled had just shy of 600 mil and 95 walkers .

since then not so much.... love it!

#8337 4 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Is this a decent score? Just joined the club a 5 days ago...[quoted image]

Beginners luck! lol

To me, that is a very good score. Took me a long time to get over 250 mill... Granted, I am not the best at this game. I find it very hard.

#8338 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I've had such a strange relationship with this game. Every couple of months I get frustrated at its brutality, and I tell my wife or anyone else who pretends to care that I'm going to sell this piece of s#!t!!!!
Then I have a game and get so so so so so close to that 115 mark, where my hands are shaking and my heart is pounding through my chest, and I realize this game is a keeper!
We have a complicated love/hate relationship, but we're going to make it work! At least until I get to LMS

Same. I was going to sell a bunch of times but then I have one of those really good games and all is forgotten. I feel like if I can get more consistent on this game I will be a much better player. I have to fight this game far more than any other that I have had which fits the theme perfectly.

#8339 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Same. I was going to sell a bunch of times but then I have one of those really good games and all is forgotten. I feel like if I can get more consistent on this game I will be a much better player. I have to fight this game far more than any other that I have had which fits the theme perfectly.

I just sold mine... I miss it... it will come back one day... but it will take on a new form... in green, with a crossbow, drop target, lift ramp and extra magnet with spinners

#8340 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I just sold mine... I miss it... it will come back one day... but it will take on a new form... in green, with a crossbow, drop target, lift ramp and extra magnet with spinners

I've considered going for a premium or LE because I like the extra layer of strategy with the bombs, bit i don't particularly like the left ramp. The Pro shoots so smooth, and it's one of my favorite shots.

It's tough, and rarely do I find a pro I would take over the higher tiers.

#8341 4 years ago

I had an absolute blinder today!! Missed Last Man Standing by one shot and had so many things going on I’d never seen before!! We absolutely love to hate this game!! Best one in the collection by far!! (and YES, the glass WAS on!! )

B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpegB9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
#8342 4 years ago

Anyone think this zombie would make a good topper for TWD? I have several for sale or trade if anyone is interested. The zombie is 26 x 18", 15 lbs, and made with self healing foam.

70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
#8343 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Anyone think this zombie would make a good topper for TWD? I have several for sale or trade if anyone is interested. The zombie is 26 x 18", 15 lbs, and made with self healing foam.[quoted image]

to talk like a graphic designer" It does not read like TWD"

needs more nastiness and paint job subtlety , varying flesh tones with decaying skin etc , scroll up to the topper on pic posted by chubtoad a few posts up from here for the "TWD look"

#8344 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I say this every week... eheheh

#8345 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Hay una versión PG del mod de sonido en alguna parte. cleland es el pinsider que hizo el paquete de audio. El paquete de sonido original tiene un montón de redneck haciendo las llamadas. Puede escuchar algunos de ellos en el paquete de sonido modificado.
El caminante del pozo recibe una paliza, pero la calcomanía se sostiene bastante bien. Si todavía tiene la bolsa de regalos, puede haber una extra allí. O podrías comprar más.
felicidades por unirse al club!

Where can I buy the replacement for the well sticker? Thank you

#8346 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Pinball Life has them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/the-walking-dead-well-walker-decal.html

#8347 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I use the following decal on my well walker and it looks great.

Gord

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants

#8348 4 years ago

I felt like the ball was always ending up in the pops after a barn orbit shot so I added a thin piece of felt to the exit just above the entrance to the pops as others have suggested .

WHOA!! CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!. no more dribbling out of the pops to a dead flip on the left flipper to a safe cradle on the right, now from a clean barn shot 90% of the time the ball comes flying down at speed to the left flipper where it must be contended with !

Improves the flow IMHO and adds to the brutality !!!

#8349 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I use the following decal on my well walker and it looks great.
Gord
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants

Thanks!!!!!!!

#8350 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Sentí que la pelota siempre terminaba en los estallidos después de un disparo en la órbita del granero, así que agregué un pedazo delgado de fieltro a la salida justo por encima de la entrada de los estallidos, como otros han sugerido.
Whoa !! ¡¡¡CUIDADO CON LO QUE DESEAS!!!. no más gotear de los pops a un flip muerto en la aleta izquierda a una cuna segura a la derecha, ahora desde un tiro de granero limpio el 90% del tiempo la pelota cae volando a gran velocidad hacia la aleta izquierda donde debe ser contenida con !
¡Mejora el flujo en mi humilde opinión y se suma a la brutalidad!

Photo plase?....thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.