IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 236.
#8251 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Still have a few numbers left. If anyone is interested pm me
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love my pro blood. No regrets!

#8252 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If you are talking about changing the insert colors (actually adding color) the simple way is to just slide in some colored gels.
Not optimal but easy and the results look pretty good.

That's really what "gels" are. You can get multi-colored packs of sheets pretty cheap at hobby shops. Some colors work better than others but the ones that do work look pretty good. Nice having color in the middle of the PF instead of a wall of white.
Good luck. You'll like it!

Do you mind sharing a pic of your playfield with these gels on? I’m desperate for color! And I really don’t know anything about gels either or how they go in. Lol. I’ll search hobby lobby.

#8253 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Do you mind sharing a pic of your playfield with these gels on? I’m desperate for color! And I really don’t know anything about gels either or how they go in. Lol. I’ll search hobby lobby.

I’m pretty sure what they mean by “gels” is different coloured see through paper or what we call cellophane here in Australia, which you can get at hobby stores I think. And I’m guessing you cut it to size and place it under the inserts on the play field above the leds. I’m going to give this a go and see how it looks. Will post pics when done. Sounds a pretty easy way to change colours. Stay tuned!!

#8254 4 years ago

You can also try colourimg the led with a text pen. I think a friend did this on a game and it worked

#8255 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

You can also try colourimg the led with a text pen. I think a friend did this on a game and it worked

But remember the inserts on twd are white not clear so whatever you do will not give you the same effect like on other games with either coloured or clear inserts

#8256 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I bought a swatch of gel paper samples with hundreds of different colors about 6 years ago. I've used many different colors on different games, including defusing some GI bulbs that were too bright and shiny in my eye. With shipping, the swatch is about $15.

ebay.com link: 0

#8257 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I bought a swatch of gel paper samples with hundreds of different colors about 6 years ago. I've used many different colors on different games, including defusing some GI bulbs that were too bright and shiny in my eye. With shipping, the swatch is about $15.
ebay.com link

Been looking further into this, these “sample” gels are a fantastic idea. Going to get a hold of some and try them out. Thanks heaps for the tips.

#8258 4 years ago

Does anyone know where you can find a Stern Topper for TWD?

#8259 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

ebay.com link

For these, do you wrap it around the bulb?

#8260 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know where you can find a Stern Topper for TWD?

I thought they were long sold out, but it would be interesting to see if anybody chimes in with info. I wish Stern would re-run some toppers for games like TWD, GB, and KISS, for guys like me who buy topperless machines a few years after production ends. I guess I could just randomly buy new Stern toppers for machines I don't have at the time, just in case I buy a machine that needs one down the road, LOL.

#8261 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I thought they were long sold out, but it would be interesting to see if anybody chimes in with info. I wish Stern would re-run some toppers for games like TWD, GB, and KISS, for guys like me who buy topperless machines a few years after production ends. I guess I could just randomly buy new Stern toppers for machines I don't have at the time, just in case I buy them down the road, LOL.

hahaha i hear ya. And yes, very hard to find. I didnt think i would ever want toppers but now my opinion is changing.

#8262 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No, tape it to the underside of the playfield covering the insert.

#8263 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks.

Just curious, if you did wrap a bulb, do you think it would hold up due to heat? Just curious. Ive been looking at these gels for a while now.

#8264 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Quoted from crwjumper:

For inserts, cover the underside of the insert. For blinding GI, you simply shield the bulb any way you want. You can wrap it around the bulb and tape it if that works for you. I would usually bend the gel paper into an L shape and put a nearby screw through it. Each area would be done a little differently.

#8265 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I thought they were long sold out, but it would be interesting to see if anybody chimes in with info. I wish Stern would re-run some toppers for games like TWD, GB, and KISS, for guys like me who buy topperless machines a few years after production ends. I guess I could just randomly buy new Stern toppers for machines I don't have at the time, just in case I buy a machine that needs one down the road, LOL.

Found this and had to buy it. My wife is not gonna be happy as it is going to scare the kids lol.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/walking-dead/products/walking-dead-topper

#8267 4 years ago

Wow, those are awesome! Unfortunately I dont 8 ft clearance where my pins are...

#8268 4 years ago

I'd love to get an LE backglass. Is that possible?

#8269 4 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Has anyone else tried changing out some of the GI on the backboard? I've got a mix of mostly red with a single warm white, and I think it looks pretty cool - what do you think?
Out of the Box
[quoted image]
All Red Backboard GI
[quoted image]
Red with single warm white
[quoted image]
The fact that there's no GI back there on the right side, due to the fishtank, makes what you do on the left more dominant, and somewhat overpowering if all color, in my opinion. I'm working up an idea to mod the fishtank to give it some light, and hopefully a flickering random effect when you hit the right ramp. I've got the design for the flicker done, but not yet finished on the switchover from solid to flickering when you hit the ramp. I'll post more as I make progress, and eventually either make a bunch to sell, or post instructions to make your own.

Have you seen the fishtank mod? https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro

#8270 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Wow, those are awesome! Unfortunately I dont 8 ft clearance where my pins are...

I might get one just to hang on wall. He sells a kit for this as well. You can make your own videos.

#8271 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'd love to get an LE backglass. Is that possible?

Anything is possible. The question is how much?
$5- no way. $500,000- no problem.

#8272 4 years ago

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Like new Walking Dead fish tank topper. Works perfect!! Shipping is $30 anywhere in US.”
2019-09-14
Howell, MI
500 (Firm)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 272 times

#8273 4 years ago

Damn, I was looking for this topper last week and ended up buying one from ModFather..

#8274 4 years ago

Speaking of which, has anyone else purchased the topper from Modfather? It came with no instructions and has two connections and I have no idea where they go. They are different connections than the Stern topper..

Anyone?

#8275 4 years ago

Why not contact Modfather?

Quoted from Rager170:

Speaking of which, has anyone else purchased the topper from Modfather? It came with no instructions and has two connections and I have no idea where they go. They are different connections than the Stern topper..
Anyone?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8276 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why not contact Modfather?

I did but I was trying to save time. I found what I needed regardless, so all set.

#8277 4 years ago

Has anyone ever removed their fish tank topper? I cannot get the small board that comes with the kit removed from the backbox. Any help out there? Thank you.

#8278 4 years ago

Remove the 4 nuts, 11/32 nut driver and it should come right out.

20190920_204738 (resized).jpg20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
#8279 4 years ago

I removed the 4 nuts and it won’t budge. I’m worried I’m gonna break or crack the board.

#8280 4 years ago

It's probably just in a bind. Just wiggle it back and forth it should come out of there good luck.

#8281 4 years ago

Man, I’ve been doing everything I can. I’m putting so much pressure on it that it feels like it’s gonna snap.

#8282 4 years ago

Hi,
Is possible to change the settings, to enable the modes with only one set of drop targets? Like it is on the first mode!
Thanks

#8283 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,
Is possible to change the settings, to enable the modes with only one set of drop targets? Like it is on the first mode!
Thanks

Yes. Go to the game adjustments. Should be in there. Not the standard ones. Competition install does it too, but that changes other stuff as well.

#8284 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Competition install does it

Competition install doesn't lower the drop target bank completions needed to light modes. One of the adjustments (don't know if it was competition install) prevents them from being lit AT ALL during a multi-ball.

I wish the adjustments were documented better. But I would rather they spend time writing code rather than documenting it.

EDIT: THIS IS WRONG INFORMATION

#8285 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Competition install doesn't lower the drop target bank completions needed to light modes. One of the adjustments (don't know if it was competition install) prevents them from being lit AT ALL during a multi-ball.
I wish the adjustments were documented better. But I would rather they spend time writing code rather than documenting it.

Are you sure? Lighting modes during MB is a separate adjustment that comp install does.

#8286 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Competition install doesn't lower the drop target bank completions needed to light modes.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you sure?

Now that you mention it I am not 100% sure. I would not expect Competition install to make the game easier. I suspect if the option is available at all it would be available in the "Extra Easy" install as described on page 42 of the manual.

#8287 4 years ago

Now that you mention it I am not 100% sure. I would not expect Competition install to make the game easier. I suspect if the option is available at all it would be available in the "Extra Easy" install as described on page 42 of the manual.

It’s compensation for the MB lockout I believe.

#8288 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Is possible to change the settings, to enable the modes with only one set of drop targets?

Feature adjustment #28 "2nd+ # SUP. FOR MODES LIT"
Factory default is 1. Setting it to 0 should do what you want.

Feature adjustment #29 is "MAX. # SUP. FOR MODES LIT" default is 2, setting it to 1 should also do what you want.

(tested in pinmame, #the_walking_dead_le v156 . I'm reporting what shows on the DMD. I have no idea if the game does what it says or not.)

#8289 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Competition install does it

chuckwurt is correct. Competition install changes feature adjustment 28 to 0 (among other things) which will lite modes at every drop target bank completion.
It also changes feature adjustment 34 SHOT MODES LIGHT/START W/M.B. to "START" from the factory default of "LIGHT+START" which seems to indicate you can't light a mode during multi-ball but you can start one if they are lit before you start the multi-ball.

(checked using Pinmame, #the_walking_dead_le v156. Other code versions might be different and I don't know if the game actually does what it seems to say it will. I'm just reading what's on the DMD in the service menu.)

Thanks for dropping some knowledge @chuckwurt

#8290 4 years ago

Reaching out again. I’m trying to remove my fish tank topper and the board that comes with it is secured in the backbox. I removed the 4 nuts, but now this small board just won’t budge. I’ve tried and tried pulling on it and it won’t move? Any suggestions? Thank you for any help you can give. Have a good week!!

#8291 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Reaching out again. I’m trying to remove my fish tank topper and the board that comes with it is secured in the backbox. I removed the 4 nuts, but now this small board just won’t budge. I’ve tried and tried pulling on it and it won’t move? Any suggestions? Thank you for any help you can give. Have a good week!!

Is there anyway to tap it out from the back of the backbox? Not sure if the bolts went all the way through.. If not, id take a small screwdriver or putty knife and see if I can pry each one very gently.

#8292 4 years ago

Our GI is now dim, happened while playing the lights are still lit, but are very dim - the fuses are good - any suggestions?

#8293 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Our GI is now dim, happened while playing the lights are still lit, but are very dim - the fuses are good - any suggestions?

All lights? One string of light? I'm assuming this is a string of them. Look for loose connections/solder points that look poor, anything that's burnt out. I'll come over and play your other games if you'd like someone to hold a flashlight for you while you root around down there

#8294 4 years ago

Double post.

#8295 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

All lights? One string of light? I'm assuming this is a string of them. Look for loose connections/solder points that look poor, anything that's burnt out. I'll come over and play your other games if you'd like someone to hold a flashlight for you while you root around down there

It is all lights, including the spot lights...

#8296 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

It is all lights, including the spot lights...

This happened to me recently. When you close the playfield, I believe it jostled loose a light connector on the lower light board. Look just behind where the horde is. They are daisy chained.

#8297 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

This happened to me recently. When you close the playfield, I believe it jostled loose a light connector on the lower light board. Look just behind where the horde is. They are daisy chained.

Thanks!!

#8298 4 years ago

Hi,
Ive made a gameplay video last night, can you guys tell me your opinions, what can i improve, camara, lights, add some talking, etc.
Another thing, the riot shot is suposed to be like that?

Minute 1:25, hit and goes back, if yes, is a very nice felling.

Thanks

#8299 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,
Ive made a gameplay video last night, can you guys tell me your opinions, what can i improve, camara, lights, add some talking, etc.
Another thing, the riot shot is suposed to be like that?

Minute 1:25, hit and goes back, if yes, is a very nice felling.
Thanks

The blue from the pinstadium is distracting and makes the ball tough to follow in the ramps -- is there a way to add ambient lighting?

If you add talking, make sure to get a mic. I tried to stream without a mic and just use the webcam to pick up volume, did not go well.

Thanks for posting!

#8300 4 years ago

I agree something just looks off with the pinstadium lighting, too bright almost... I'm not having ball tracking issues as much as it just doesn't look like TWD to me. And the riot shot action you're seeing I would see occasionally on mine too, particularly useful during Riot mode of course to score two hits .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/166?hl=toeskneez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.