IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 236.
#8201 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I hit 115 last month and missed the final shot to start LMS! That's my worst pinball moment, right beside being one shot away from getting to Valinor and draining.

Unfortunate luck on both accounts, but that makes for a pretty cool pinball story. It's kind of like the pinball equivalent of the early 90's Buffalo Bills going to 4 consecutive Super Bowls and never winning, LOL.

#8202 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

The goal is to try to get Bloodbath going, and to combine it with other MBs.

I'm not sure how close I've gotten to LMS, but I'm sure it wasn't very close. But...

I'd think that the strategy for getting to LMS would involve starting BB MB, using the BB add-a-balls, getting the other MBs close, but NOT starting the other MBs. This will maximize the amount of time you spend in the safety of multiball.

#8203 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I'm not sure how close I've gotten to LMS, but I'm sure it wasn't very close. But...
I'd think that the strategy for getting to LMS would involve starting BB MB, using the BB add-a-balls, getting the other MBs close, but NOT starting the other MBs. This will maximize the amount of time you spend in the safety of multiball.

Yep. And trying to collect as many multikills as possible as those are worth 2 kills instead of one. So don’t shoot a multi kill shot unless it has a walker kill on it too.

#8204 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And trying to collect as many multikills as possible as those are worth 2 kills instead of one.

Wow. I had no idea. I assume it's 2 kills toward LMS and 2 kills toward your X level.

#8205 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I put mine on 10 ball and barely got it. Haha

I was reading the last few posts and got re-energized to try to get to LMS again. I haven't been playing it much lately, so was thinking if I concentrated on it for a couple weeks, I might be able to pull it off. I think my highest number to date was in the low 80's.

Then I got to your post and it felt like a big kick to the nut sack. I know your skill level, so I'm not even going to try now... (at least not on 3 ball)

#8206 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Wow. I had no idea. I assume it's 2 kills toward LMS and 2 kills toward your X level.

Good point. I assume so, but never verified.

#8207 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good point. I assume so, but never verified.

Verify and make it a Deep Cut!

#8208 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Verify and make it a Deep Cut!

Don’t have this game anymore or else I would!

#8209 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like you need to get another one!

#8210 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll do it tonight. At least the confirming part.

#8211 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Sounds like you need to get another one!

Tippy top of my list of wants for the future. Maybe when ACDC moves on I’ll get this.

#8212 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Unfortunate luck on both accounts, but that makes for a pretty cool pinball story. It's kind of like the pinball equivalent of the early 90's Buffalo Bills going to 4 consecutive Super Bowls and never winning, LOL.

As a lifelong Bills fan, I had to downvote that comment if for nothing more than the bad memories you brought back.

#8213 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

As a lifelong Bills fan, I had to downvote that comment if for nothing more than the bad memories you brought back.

LOL, sorry man. Admittedly, I could have used a sports/life comparison less traumatizing to Bills fans.

#8214 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

LOL, sorry man. Admittedly, I could have used a sports/life comparison less traumatizing to Bills fans.

And to replay those memories right before the start of the season

#8215 4 years ago

Key part is indeed multiple bloodbath mb's and shooting multikills for doubles.
In the first part of bloodbath, prepare both other multiballs to an 'almost level' and then start one of the two.
This way when you are out of the bloodbath multiball you can immediately start the other multiball, in which you concentrate again on the drop targets progress towards a new bloodbath multiball.

Have reached LMS a number of times on my pro grame (3 balls, 3 possible extras) but never been able to finish that wizard mode.

#8216 4 years ago

It’s a good game for me when I see the second extra ball (60 Walker Kills) I never get the tower extra ball. I’ve left my game set to stock settings so out lanes aren’t closed all the way.

#8217 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

In the first part of bloodbath, prepare both other multiballs to an 'almost level' and then start one of the two.
This way when you are out of the bloodbath multiball you can immediately start the other multiball, in which you concentrate again on the drop targets progress towards a new bloodbath multiball.

This is good advice, but at some point during this you’ll have to actually get walker kills. Haha

#8218 4 years ago

I have my left outlane in the lower position , and the right outlane in the up position.
I use Horde and while I make main shots (to the escape level 3), I then focus to get tower hits too for the extra ball

#8219 4 years ago

Just finished my topper

11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
#8220 4 years ago

Im in

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8221 4 years ago

OK fellow pinheads, I just have one question about this excellent game (Pro version I'm interested in). My wife is a very casual player, and I know this game is not easy. Do you think it's too hard for the casual player or is it possible for her to have some fun on? I've only played it a few times, but I like it a lot.
Thanks.

#8222 4 years ago

Get what you like. Even if you got a game she loves, odds are she’ll never play it. If she likes it even a little bit to play it once, I say go for it.

#8223 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get what you like. Even if you got a game she loves, odds are she’ll never play it.

LOL! True!

#8224 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK fellow pinheads, I just have one question about this excellent game (Pro version I'm interested in). My wife is a very casual player, and I know this game is not easy. Do you think it's too hard for the casual player or is it possible for her to have some fun on? I've only played it a few times, but I like it a lot.
Thanks.

Not only is TWD really hard, but the code isn’t intuitive for the new player. It doesn’t tell you what to do or how to do it.

It’s a great home game for the experienced player who understands the rules, but less friendly for a casual player. It’s still fun, but may be ultimately too frustrating.

#8225 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not only is TWD really hard, but the code isn’t intuitive for the new player. It doesn’t tell you what to do or how to do it.
It’s a great home game for the experienced player who understands the rules, but less friendly for a casual player. It’s still fun, but may be ultimately too frustrating.

Ya, although I can learn the rules from pinside etc. and then teach her, so not a problem there, but I'm worried about the actual shooting and draining. I know it can be brutal.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8226 4 years ago

It'll make her a better player. She'll have to learn that there are rules beyond "shoot the flashing light" and this game will force her to choose her shots as opposed to just flailing around. My wife and I were in the same position when we got our Pro. She didn't like it at first for the same reason, it was too hard. I kept it because I played it 90% of the time. Over time, she would put on games, I would give her pointers and tips, and now she's a better player partly because of it and loves it.

#8227 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It'll make her a better player. She'll have to learn that there are rules beyond "shoot the flashing light" and this game will force her to choose her shots as opposed to just flailing around. My wife and I were in the same position when we got our Pro. She didn't like it at first for the same reason, it was too hard. I kept it because I played it 90% of the time. Over time, she would put on games, I would give her pointers and tips, and now she's a better player partly because of it and loves it.

It says a lot about her!

#8228 4 years ago

BTW, does this alternate translite go well on the pro anyone?

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#8229 4 years ago

The guy who made it and sells it will say yes. the guys who bought it will say yes. If you like it buy it. I have a different one.

#8230 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

The guy who made it and sells it will say yes. the guys who bought it will say yes. If you like it buy it. I have a different one.

True. I haven't purchased one and have one on my radar. My concern is the quality. Are they made of the same material and do they light up well or are they somewhat washed out when lit?

#8231 4 years ago

This is the one I bought.

20190824_093215 (resized).jpg20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
#8232 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

This is the one I bought.[quoted image]

I got the same one. It really does look good.

#8233 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It would actually be like losing in the conference title games.

Getting to those modes and and quickly draining.... That would be like the Bills.

#8234 4 years ago

*** Need a little help ***
Half of my lights (mostly the front and left half) seem to be extremely dim and flickering different ... something is obviously wrong just not sure where to start. Thanks for any clues!

#8235 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

*** Need a little help ***
Half of my lights (mostly the front and left half) seem to be extremely dim and flickering different ... something is obviously wrong just not sure where to start. Thanks for any clues!

Check the power connectors to your light boards. They get loose over time and need replaced.

The culprit is likely the power connector that is just forward of the center of your flippers. There are other boards daisy chained to it.

#8236 4 years ago

I just got bit.

#8237 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Check the power connectors to your light boards. They get loose over time and need replaced.
The culprit is likely the power connector that is just forward of the center of your flippers. There are other boards daisy chained to it.

That was it! Thanks ... ok, next question .........
The crossbow kicker doesn’t reset back in the sleeve after kicking out and causes week shots about every other time ... any thoughts?

#8238 4 years ago

This may seem like a strange question, but has anyone customised their premium or LE led colours? Because of the surface mounted led’s I appreciate it’s a fair old job, but would love to change some colours to similar to what I had in my customised Pro when I had it. And if you have or looked into it, does anyone have a list of the type of led’s in the machine? I know there is some info in the schematics, but some of it is hard to read. Any tips, help or info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#8239 4 years ago

LED types are noted in the manual. No need to look at schematics.

Quoted from toeskneez:

This may seem like a strange question, but has anyone customised their premium or LE led colours? Because of the surface mounted led’s I appreciate it’s a fair old job, but would love to change some colours to similar to what I had in my customised Pro when I had it. And if you have or looked into it, does anyone have a list of the type of led’s in the machine? I know there is some info in the schematics, but some of it is hard to read. Any tips, help or info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#8240 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Thanks.

The game layout is difficult, but the ruleset is easy to grasp as it can be explained fairly quickly. Any casuals or brand new players that have come over to play have always enjoyed this pin without it being too hard. The easiest way to get someone going is to have them hit the prison doors, hit the Well Walker, hit the drop targets. Just getting those shots down have been satisfying for new players and will open up other parts of the game.

#8241 4 years ago

** Help / Thoughts **
The crossbow kicker doesn’t reset back in the sleeve after kicking out and causes week shots about every other time ... any thoughts?

#8242 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

** Help / Thoughts **

Replace the coil sleeve? I’m not sure if there’s a better solution

#8243 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

LED types are noted in the manual. No need to look at schematics.

I have a premium which has all surface mounted led’s. not bayonet or plug ins like the pro. I don’t believe there is a list in the manual, at least not that I could find after searching high and low!

#8244 4 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

I have a premium which has all surface mounted led’s. not bayonet or plug ins like the pro. I don’t believe there is a list in the manual, at least not that I could find after searching high and low!

If you are talking about changing the insert colors (actually adding color) the simple way is to just slide in some colored gels.
Not optimal but easy and the results look pretty good.

#8245 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If you are talking about changing the insert colors (actually adding color) the simple way is to just slide in some colored gels.

i find the colours a little faint/washed out due to the inserts being white. So I've taken any gels I put in from my game. But the gels do work kind of

#8246 4 years ago

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Walking-Dead-LE-Manual.pdf

page 5-7 identifies the leds used and if they are white led boards or rgb led boards.
page Y7-Y9 show the led boards and location.

I suppose you could replace an rgb board with a single color board though I don't know anyone that has.

Quoted from toeskneez:

#8247 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

i find the colours a little faint/washed out due to the inserts being white. So I've taken any gels I put in from my game. But the gels do work kind of

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by “coloured gels”?

I have since had a similar idea, but using cellophane under the play field above the lights. Cheap and nasty, but it might work a treat!

#8248 4 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Quoted from toeskneez:

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by “coloured gels”?
I have since had a similar idea, but using cellophane under the play field above the lights. Cheap and nasty, but it might work a treat!

That's really what "gels" are. You can get multi-colored packs of sheets pretty cheap at hobby shops. Some colors work better than others but the ones that do work look pretty good. Nice having color in the middle of the PF instead of a wall of white.

Good luck. You'll like it!

#8249 4 years ago

Here are LED RGB from PBL. Make insert any color you want. https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-pcb-led-replacement-board.html

#8250 4 years ago

Still have a few numbers left. If anyone is interested pm me

TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpgTWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg

PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).pngPREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png

PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).pngPRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/165?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.