IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 237.
#8151 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I’ve just got the plain black crossbow. No laser. One thing to watch if you decide to get one. Make sure it doesn’t foul anywhere when fitting. I had to file a few spots on mine and enlarge the hole where the metal tab sticks out on the crossbow mech. It’s a pain to start having crossbow issues when you add a mod.......something I’m very used to lol.
And yes such a great adrenaline game. Reminds me of the fast and furious play of Ironman with the multiple choice of how to attack it like Game of Thrones. Finally cracked a billion last week......then next game I was struggling to get 300 000.
Up there with Sterns best. Oh and Hooked Bumper caps are awesome. Just did this and Deadpool LE[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the feedback, and just installed the Hooked caps last night...look great!!!

I like the steel arrow w black crossbow as well..might add the laser just to piss me off more when I miss the shot. I'll be mindful of installation, and hopefully, it behaves....love this game!!! Very in your face w lots to do...not for nights when you want a relaxed game of pinball for sure...

#8152 4 years ago

Haha yes you have to be in the right mood to play. I’ve walked away swearing quite a few times.
But I still come back to get my arse kicked again.

#8153 4 years ago

Mine had this crossbow in the coin box. Original owner obviously had issues. If I didn’t have this I would have bought the laser one. It might help aim. I miss 9 out of 10!!!

#8154 4 years ago

Mine has the crossbow with the laser. Makes no difference as 9 times out 10 it doesn’t fire when I want it to anyways! I did read somewhere this was part of the code for it. Love to hate the game, one of our favourites! Upgraded from a pro to a premium and the gameplay is definitely different, which we found weird.

#8155 4 years ago

TWD is the game I love and hate so much. Love CDC.

#8156 4 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Mine has the crossbow with the laser. Makes no difference as 9 times out 10 it doesn’t fire when I want it to anyways! I did read somewhere this was part of the code for it. Love to hate the game, one of our favourites! Upgraded from a pro to a premium and the gameplay is definitely different, which we found weird.

The only time it shouldn’t fire is in the first half of the arc. I usually fire it on the return arc because of this.

#8157 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The only time it shouldn’t fire is in the first half of the arc. I usually fire it on the return arc because of this.

Thanks for that tip.. I'm sure it won't make my shot any better, but the idea of a laser on bicycle girl zombie is pretty cool...

#8158 4 years ago

Will TWD be vaulted soon ?

#8160 4 years ago

Left Ramp Fix For Premium?

Please steer me to the mod that improves the initial roll up onto the left ramp. I believe I remember reading about an extension that makes the transition from PF to ramp slightly less abrupt. Hopefully it's a completely different ramp section with a longer acrylic face and a spring-steel tongue/flap.

Thanks.

#8161 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Left Ramp Fix For Premium?
Please steer me to the mod that improves the initial roll up onto the left ramp. I believe I remember reading about an extension that makes the transition from PF to ramp slightly less abrupt. Hopefully it's a completely different ramp section with a longer acrylic face and a spring-steel tongue/flap.
Thanks.

Trade in for a Pro, it's the better version. But seriously, here's the link to the thread you're after: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-lepremium-left-ramp-fix

#8162 4 years ago

could someone please confirm what is the state of the well walker switch when the well walker is in its normal resting position. Is the switch on or off when the well walker is not tilted back or forward. I'm having problems with my crossbow and while in the pops the well walker registered a hit and so I'm guessing this may happen when the crossbow loads sometimes. thanks

#8163 4 years ago

Well walker switch is normally closed. When you hit the walker, it opens.

#8164 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well walker switch is normally closed. When you hit the walker, it opens.

thank you. Mine is closed. Any idea why a well walker hit might have been triggered in the pops?

#8165 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

thank you. Mine is closed. Any idea why a well walker hit might have been triggered in the pops?

Do you have a shaker motor? Mine will register occasionally when the ball is flying around the pop's and the shaker motor is going off all at the same time... I haven't spent any time trying do adjust it, the whole machine is shaking pretty hard with 3 solenoids constantly firing and a shaker motor going off at the same time.

#8166 4 years ago

Adjust or replace well walker switch.
Also check the Z connector further up the loom.

#8167 4 years ago

thanks guys some stuff to consider as yes I do have a shaker motor.

by the way is there any way of working out the stern switch part numbering as I have the roller style switch and was wondering if I can just change the actuators. Being in oz the crossbow eject sw costs $35 and a wait involved. So if I can use the crossbow home sw I have spare that would help for testing purposes

#8168 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

by the way is there any way of working out the stern switch part numbering as I have the roller style switch and was wondering if I can just change the actuators. Being in oz the crossbow eject sw costs $35 and a wait involved. So if I can use the crossbow home sw I have spare that would help for testing purposes

Quoted from embryon:

Should be the same switch.

#8169 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should be the same switch.

Thanks

#8170 4 years ago

Ok I'm missing something probably obvious here. I can't find any general illumination test in the menu. I wanted to test some of the leds that aren't in the single lamp test.
Do any of you know where that test is?
Thanks

#8171 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

..I'm having problems with my crossbow and while in the pops the well walker registered a hit..

I had the same problem a while back. If you smack the playfield with your hand near the well walker I bet it will register a hit also. I had to do some minor switch adjustment on the well walker and all has been good ever since.

#8172 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I had the same problem a while back. If you smack the playfield with your hand near the well walker I bet it will register a hit also. I had to do some minor switch adjustment on the well walker and all has been good ever since.

Thanks very much will investigate once I'm over my recent surgery

#8173 4 years ago

In the club

DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpegDE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
#8174 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

In the club[quoted image]

Did that one come from Indiana?

#8175 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Did that one come from Indiana?

No, locally from a friend.

#8176 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

In the club[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#8177 4 years ago

I understand PinPlay developed a left ramp fix, but I can't get a hold of him. Anyone know how I can get this mod? I'm new to the club and that left ramp is rejecting more shots than I'm comfortable with.

Thanks!

#8178 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No, locally from a friend.

Best game I’ve owned from Stern. Brutal fun.

#8179 4 years ago

Printable cards if anyone is looking. Hope you guys can use them. Print at 140x75mm or 700x382pxls for stern card size.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5152243

#8180 4 years ago

Found this in the sale bin at a local liquor store. Had to pick it up haha.

20190817_104818 (resized).jpg20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
#8181 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Found this in the sale bin at a local liquor store. Had to pick it up haha.[quoted image]

Topper!

#8183 4 years ago

Yes! When you get to LMS, the topper tips over and pours you a glass so you can celebrate!

#8184 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yes! When you get to LMS, the topper tips over and pours you a glass so you can celebrate!

That topper would stay full forever on my game then.

#8185 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Okay, so I just tested everything thoroughly and I think I now have a pretty good handle on how it works. I also now understand why almost nobody ever sees Siege. It's a REALLY hard mode to get to! For starters, I didn't even realize there were two separate stages to Prison Multiball ...
During the first stage, you must shoot the prison walker to score a jackpot. You need to do this six times to complete the stage. Shooting any of the lit arrows or the closed prison doors will open the doors. Prison bombs can be used to score a jackpot, but only if the doors are already open. If they are closed, a bomb will open them, so if you have more than one prison bomb saved up, you can essentially use two in a row to get a jackpot. Once six jackpots have been collected, the Riot shot will start to strobe. You must shoot it to score the super jackpot and begin stage two.
During stage two, the prison doors will remain closed the entire time. You must shoot one of the two ramps and then shoot the prison in order to score a jackpot. To make things even more difficult, prison bombs can no longer be used to score a jackpot. They can be used to score a hit to one of the ramps, but the jackpots must be collected by physically shooting the closed prison doors. Once you score six jackpots, it will say "Siege is lit" on the DMD. This is a bit confusing, because the Siege insert will not actually light until the multiball is over. Perhaps "Siege is ready" would have made more sense.
When the multiball ends, the Siege insert will start to strobe and the next shot to the prison will start it. Once you start Siege, the mode continues until you either complete it or the game ends. The good news is that your progress carries over from ball to ball. I'm not going to spoil Siege, but the rules for it are pretty straightforward.
I hope this information helps. Prison Multiball is actually quite confusing, especially the second stage because both ramps as well as the prison are lit the entire time making it difficult to know what shot you are supposed to go for next. When you add in the fact that you are trying to accomplish all of this while juggling 2 or more balls, it makes Siege an extremely difficult mini-wizard mode to get to. Without the bombs, it must be even harder on the pro. Fortunately, Siege is amazingly cool, making it that much sweeter when you do manage to start it.

Brilliant explanation! Things are much clearer now

#8186 4 years ago

Just to add to this. You can spread the nr of jackpots (12) needed for Siege over multiple multiballs. And since the last update, you can keep track of this on the display during multiball.

The thing is that most people don't focus on jackpots alone but combine a mode in prison multiball, and start shooting the mode shots instead of the jackpots.

#8187 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The thing is that most people don't focus on jackpots alone but combine a mode in prison multiball, and start shooting the mode shots instead of the jackpots.

That's what I've been doing and I get almost nowhere in my progression towards Siege. I gotta change that and just focus on Prison multiball progression.

#8188 4 years ago
Quoted from kuchiyaji:

This is for Premium/LE, right? I dont know about any "bombs" on the Pro.

#8189 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That topper would stay full forever on my game then.

Seriously. I have no clue how people get the 115 kills or whatever. Actually, on this machine especially, I feel like others are far and away better than I am at the game. I find this table very difficult.

#8190 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Seriously. I have no clue how people get the 115 kills or whatever. Actually, on this machine especially, I feel like others are far and away better than I am at the game. I find this table very difficult.

115 walker kills is impossible for me too. I set my games hard, but not that hard. I think 70-80 kills was my all time best. So hard.

#8191 4 years ago

I had my best of 58 walker kills the other day, mostly due to the best Prison/Bloodbath MB I've ever had. Made it to phase 2 of Prison MB. Ended up making to Horde that game, but still didn't top my best score (of a measly 455 mill). This is on a Pro. I'm not sure how people can get north of that. I also set my games up hard, but not that hard. Outlanes are closed as far as they can be, which isn't much lol. But everything else is pretty stock. Settings are factory. have had this game for over 2 years now and is my "oldest" game, and I still get excited to play it.

#8192 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I had my best of 58 walker kills the other day, mostly due to the best Prison/Bloodbath MB I've ever had. Made it to phase 2 of Prison MB. Ended up making to Horde that game, but still didn't top my best score (of a measly 455 mill). This is on a Pro. I'm not sure how people can get north of that. I also set my games up hard, but not that hard. Outlanes are closed as far as they can be, which isn't much lol. But everything else is pretty stock. Settings are factory. have had this game for over 2 years now and is my "oldest" game, and I still get excited to play it.

yea that score is better than mine. Im at like 390 mill on a pro and ive had mine for like 3 years lol.

#8193 4 years ago

X management is the answer.

Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm not sure how people can get north of that.

#8194 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

X management is the answer.

Believe me, I try to utilize it on the most valuable shots, but I either miss, or too busy trying to keep the ball alive lol.

#8195 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I managed to get to 94 kills last month. I got to 90 and was so excited that I was that close to LMS, then I botched it, drained a couple of balls, and it was game over. I made it that far by managing to string together several Multi-Kills which were constantly running pretty much my whole game and through Well Walker, Prison, and Blood Bath multiballs. With the lit Multi-Kill shots you get 2 walker kills at once, so I must've hit a lot of those shots during the multiballs.

#8196 4 years ago
Quoted from kuchiyaji:

Yeah. I'll probably never see that without taking the glass off.

#8197 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I managed to get to 94 kills last month. I got to 90 and was so excited that I was that close to LMS, then I botched it, drained a couple of balls, and it was game over. I made it that far by managing to string together several Multi-Kills which were constantly running pretty much my whole game and through Well Walker, Prison, and Blood Bath multiballs. With the lit Multi-Kills shots you get 2 walker kills at once, so I must've hit a lot of those shots during the multiballs.

Yes, that is pretty much how I go about it also. I think ive gotten in the low 70's.. I think hahah.

#8198 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Believe me, I try to utilize it on the most valuable shots, but I either miss, or too busy trying to keep the ball alive lol.

This is good news. If you were already good at maximizing the multiplier, you'd be much closer to your scoring potential.

Keep trying to do it, even if it means you miss and get nothing. One of these games, it'll pay off.

My X champion value is 453 million (double scoring 7x Crossbow shot for 238 mil, double scoring 7x Arena shot for 213 mil, and some pity Fish Tank points). Lots of players have much better X shots than this. It's not impossible if you focus on it, and keep from using it (e.g., in multiball) when you don't want it.

#8199 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yeah. I'll probably never see that without taking the glass off.

I put mine on 10 ball and barely got it. Haha

#8200 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I managed to get to 94 kills last month. I got to 90 and was so excited that I was that close to LMS, then I botched it, drained a couple of balls, and it was game over. I made it that far by managing to string together several Multi-Kills which were constantly running pretty much my whole game and through Well Walker, Prison, and Blood Bath multiballs. With the lit Multi-Kill shots you get 2 walker kills at once, so I must've hit a lot of those shots during the multiballs.

I hit 115 last month and missed the final shot to start LMS! That's my worst pinball moment, right beside being one shot away from getting to Valinor and draining.

The goal is to try to get Bloodbath going, and to combine it with other MBs. It's definitely much easier said then done, but I think I had to start 2 or maybe 3 Bloodbaths in order to get to 115.

Since then, I'm lucky if I get to 50!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.95
$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/164?hl=kuchiyaji and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.