IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 236.
#8101 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Finally popping the top on this game again tonight for a little more upkeep (Titans and some other stuff).
Where's the best place to get the decal for lower portion of Wellwalker? Mines chewed pretty bad ( a common thing I would guess). Has anyone gone to the trouble of trying mylar around it, or a waste of time....
Thanks, and absolutely can't stop playing this game....amazing!!!

I have the pants decal. They get chewed up pretty quick also. Just an FYI, but they are a good look.

#8102 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for you regarding the install of the R Rated Cleland code. Sterns update proceedure calls for .spv files but the one I downloaded is a .bin file.
Will this still work the same? If not, how do I install it?

.bin file for SAM games.

#8103 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

.bin file for SAM games.

Ahh, thank you!

#8104 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Need a little help...trying to help out a friend.
Can someone take a pic of the well walker switch (on an LE)?
When I look at the pro manual, it doesn't show it with a diode attached directly to the switch, but that it's down on the wire attached under the playfield.
His well walker is constantly getting hits with it being hit. But when we go to test, it works fine. Just during game play, it is registering one phantom hit after another.
Thanks!!!!

Here's a decent pic of the switch...Diode definitely there...

IMG_20190724_185546024 (resized).jpgIMG_20190724_185546024 (resized).jpg
#8105 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here's a decent pic of the switch...Diode definitely there...[quoted image]

Thank you!!!

I’ll report back in a few days.

#8106 4 years ago

Well..Just got done changing all the rubbers out to Titan clears...Pita as usual, but looks great....always love being just 1 or 2 short every time I do these damn games....

Fortunately, I'm just short the double 3/16 on the right outline....My ocd will survive until my next order...

#8107 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well..Just got done changing all the rubbers out to Titan clears...Pita as usual, but looks great....always love being just 1 or 2 short every time I do these damn games....
Fortunately, I'm just short the double 3/16 on the right outline....My ocd will survive until my next order...

Which were the worst, most time consuming ones to do

#8108 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Which were the worst, most time consuming ones to do

Easily the right side up by the gate. This game uses a ton of the 5/16 post rubbers, and a nest of them in several locations. That one was particularly hard as you have to remove both ramps and a plastic to get to it, then the gate itself extends into the face of the screw (at least on mine). Had to slide (push) the gate to the side to get the screw out, and upon reinstalling, must be very careful to get the screw back in without pinching the gate or it will stick. Got it done, but much profanity was required. That area is so tight I even had a GI bulb missing (replaced) while I was in there.

Black looks great, but clear really lets all the light out, and way less "dust" to clean down the road....

#8109 4 years ago

So like I said, I just bought a TWD Pro. In the back box, I see this connector with nothing plugged into it. I also have a wire that looks like it could connect, but I have no idea what it would connect to (nothing right now since the connector broke off when it got stuck after folding the head). Everything seems to work - any idea what this is for?

IMG_20190725_203616 (resized).jpgIMG_20190725_203616 (resized).jpgIMG_20190725_203649 (resized).jpgIMG_20190725_203649 (resized).jpg
#8110 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So like I said, I just bought a TWD Pro. In the back box, I see this connector with nothing plugged into it. I also have a wire that looks like it could connect, but I have no idea what it would connect to (nothing right now since the connector broke off when it got stuck after folding the head). Everything seems to work - any idea what this is for?[quoted image][quoted image]

I thought that connector had something to do with the DMD. I thought I had to remove that when installing my color DMD.

#8111 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought that connector had something to do with the DMD. I thought I had to remove that when installing my color DMD.

That's what I remember, too

#8112 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok, cool, so it's legacy and I shouldn't worry about it since I'm not going back to the red dots anyway?

#8113 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Ok, cool, so it's legacy and I shouldn't worry about it since I'm not going back to the red dots anyway?

Thats what I think. The directions didnt say anything about that cable and when I was done, I was like "What is this?" Couldnt find where it would go. A buddy of mine on here told me he took it off for doing his Metallica also. You should be all set.

#8114 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats what I think. The directions didnt say anything about that cable and when I was done, I was like "What is this?" Couldnt find where it would go. A buddy of mine on here told me he took it off for doing his Metallica also. You should be all set.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation! I suspected as much, since everything appears to be working.

#8115 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation! I suspected as much, since everything appears to be working.

No problem!

#8116 4 years ago

Has anyone ever offered a metal apron for the LE? Seems like a natural, and could have plexi inserts ( etched or art)for lit zombies or something.

This game is off the charts fun!!!

#8117 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone ever offered a metal apron for the LE? Seems like a natural, and could have plexi inserts ( etched or art)for lit zombies or something.
This game is off the charts fun!!!

Not that I’ve seen. I started making one on my own a while back. But that project got shelved because I couldn’t decide how to address the missing hole for score cards (I did think about cutting them out completely and using red smoked plexiglass with a zombie hand or something backlit under it.)
Hopefully Ill have time to get back to it soon.
43138E16-3E69-42D9-98CA-E98CB364D472 (resized).jpeg43138E16-3E69-42D9-98CA-E98CB364D472 (resized).jpeg

#8118 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Not that I’ve seen. I started making one on my own a while back. But that project got shelved because I couldn’t decide how to address the missing hole for score cards (I did think about cutting them out completely and using red smoked plexiglass with a zombie hand or something backlit under it.)
Hopefully Ill have time to get back to it soon.
[quoted image]

Man, looks great!!!!

Possibly, if the cards slots were down a bit further, it would allow room for the 4th hole. The smoked backlit plexi w zombies or something above the cards is exactly what I had envisioned. So many awesome options there. LMK if you get back to it, and count me in on your efforts. This machine deserves it!!!

I've currently got the horrid, plastic, AlienLE apron at my machine shop now. They are going to fab a couple of ideas for review.

#8119 4 years ago

Just posted this update. If anyone is interested a different take on TWD
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drawing-some-backglasses-happy-trees

shot1.jpgshot1.jpgshot2.jpgshot2.jpgtranslite.pngtranslite.png
#8120 4 years ago

Stoked to see this show up in the mail, got my tracking yesterday, August 7th is the expected date.

#8121 4 years ago

Hi guys, I have not asked for help on this as I didn't want to trouble people until I have exhausted everything I can think of. My xbow is unreliable in that I'll have a fail or two every 10 entries but it could be more.

I have adjusted xbow switches, bicycle girl, and prison head targets, disabled these switches as well as well walker and the optos. Even changed over the opto pcb. Adjusted pitch of game, turned shaker off, tried it at on all settings etc. Reseated connectors, put a washer under the swing arm of xbox, tightened/loosened pivot point of xbox.

Is there anything I've missed or could try. Each time I've had success, it lasts for 10-20 xbox cycles then a failure. One game it failed 4 times in a row. When it does, if it loads again during that ball, it will just auto fire otherwise the next ball it resets.

Now one thing I have noticed during in xbox test mode is every now and then after hitting sw51, instead of continuing right to do the 180deg approx swing, it will go immediately left back to home sw50. Then next test may do a normal rotation or it could do this 45deg and back home motion again. This occurance is quite random and most operations are the full rotation process that I figure is the correct cycle.

Is this short cycle movement normal and if not has anyone found what causes it? Now it is impossible to know if this short cycle would have occurred in the xbow failure as when it fails, it simply stutters at the start and then the yellow lights turn off and then it will swing out after a short delay and auto fire

#8122 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hi guys, I have not asked for help on this as I didn't want to trouble people until I have exhausted everything I can think of. My xbow is unreliable in that I'll have a fail or two every 10 entries but it could be more.
I have adjusted xbow switches, bicycle girl, and prison head targets, disabled these switches as well as well walker and the optos. Even changed over the opto pcb. Adjusted pitch of game, turned shaker off, tried it at on all settings etc. Reseated connectors, put a washer under the swing arm of xbox, tightened/loosened pivot point of xbox.
Is there anything I've missed or could try. Each time I've had success, it lasts for 10-20 xbox cycles then a failure. One game it failed 4 times in a row. When it does, if it loads again during that ball, it will just auto fire otherwise the next ball it resets.
Now one thing I have noticed during in xbox test mode is every now and then after hitting sw51, instead of continuing right to do the 180deg approx swing, it will go immediately left back to home sw50. Then next test may do a normal rotation or it could do this 45deg and back home motion again. This occurance is quite random and most operations are the full rotation process that I figure is the correct cycle.
Is this short cycle movement normal and if not has anyone found what causes it? Now it is impossible to know if this short cycle would have occurred in the xbow failure as when it fails, it simply stutters at the start and then the yellow lights turn off and then it will swing out after a short delay and auto fire

Check my previous posts on this. I had similar issues, and I posted some pictures.

I loosened the single screw that holds the crossbow to the mechanism. It was too tight and caused random binding and other weird shenanigans.

If that’s not the problem, I’m out of Schlitz.

#8123 4 years ago

Thinking of buying a premium again and not letting it go this time.

#8124 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Check my previous posts on this. I had similar issues, and I posted some pictures.
I loosened the single screw that holds the crossbow to the mechanism. It was too tight and caused random binding and other weird shenanigans.
If that’s not the problem, I’m out of Schlitz.

Thanks will try this again. BTW you wouldn't know the link so I can look at the pictures. Thanks

Found it thanks

#8125 4 years ago

Loosening the screw didn't help unfortunately but thank you for the advise

#8126 4 years ago

Stupid question for those who have bought the bloody hands stickers for the glass...

Have you put these on the top or under the glass?

#8127 4 years ago

I put mine under the glass so they dont get all messed up or have people play with them.

#8128 4 years ago

I recently bought a machine where there previous owner applied the bloody hand prints and blood splatter decals. He put them under the glass. It's actually a cool thing on this game as long as they don't cover any shots or inserts.

#8129 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I put mine under the glass so they dont get all messed up or have people play with them.

Thats exactly what i was thinking. Just wasnt sure if they would scrape if taking the glass off.

#8130 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I recently bought a machine where there previous owner applied the bloody hand prints and blood splatter decals. He put them under the glass. It's actually a cool thing on this game as long as they don't cover any shots or inserts.

thanks!

#8131 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I feel your pain mate. Mine too had similar issues. I even went to the trouble of a new motor and it worked fine for a few days then faulted again. Long story short and I don’t really recommend this but in the heat of battle with that f##ken crossbow I grabbed it .....HARD and yanked it upwards. It works 90% of the time now. I had tried everything else. Pulled it apart twice tried some silicon lubricant. Loosened screw on top and support screws. Nothing worked so rage took over.
As I said not recommended but it did make mine better and I had checked everywhere for any sort of binding. I hate it when my mates tell me they have no issues. Mine was a bitch..... it at least now it’s subservient

Maybe gently try some upwards pressure. Can’t hurt?

#8132 4 years ago

Hey will give anything a try. Desperate measures etc

#8133 4 years ago

Man....how much do I love this game!!!! Enjoyed in the wild, a new level of fun at home....can't stop playing this one currently...

Question - any of the crossbow mods w laser worth it, or just learn to play better? Worry about a 3d printed item getting exposed on this game, for sure...thanks!!!

#8134 4 years ago

Have had done vicious airballs from the areana ramp when you hit off the fly from a tunnel loop shot. Have hit the fish tank a few times. So made this protector. Fingers crossed it works

IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpgIMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
#8135 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man....how much do I love this game!!!! Enjoyed in the wild, a new level of fun at home....can't stop playing this one currently...
Question - any of the crossbow mods w laser worth it, or just learn to play better? Worry about a 3d printed item getting exposed on this game, for sure...thanks!!!

I have the crossbow with the laser and the laser isn't very helpful. The crossbow looks great though!

#8136 4 years ago

After ignoring it for probably a year, I booted up TWDLE and played for at least 6-8 hours this week. Forgot how incredible it is.

Just ordered a ColorDMD, flipordie's alternate translite, and a handful of other small mods. I haven't installed Cleland's sound package, because I find the stock gameplay-oriented callouts helpful, but I may give it a try.

TWDLE was my first (and only!) NIB Stern. I feel very fortunate that it turned out so well.

#8137 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

After ignoring it for probably a year, I booted up TWDLE and played for at least 6-8 hours this week. Forgot how incredible it is.
Just ordered a ColorDMD, flipordie's alternate translite, and a handful of other small mods. I haven't installed Cleland's sound package, because I find the stock gameplay-oriented callouts helpful, but I may give it a try.
TWDLE was my first (and only!) NIB Stern. I feel very fortunate that it turned out so well.

Personally, im not much a fan of the Cleland code.. Seems others love it. worth giving a shot and can always put the stock one back on.

#8138 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Have had done vicious airballs from the areana ramp when you hit off the fly from a tunnel loop shot. Have hit the fish tank a few times. So made this protector. Fingers crossed it works[quoted image]

There's no need for a protector, just let the ball dead flip off that left flipper and it won't go flying up there and Break Stuff.

#8139 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I have the crossbow with the laser and the laser isn't very helpful. The crossbow looks great though!

Might give it a whirl...Which color looks best?

Bought mine HUO, so no goodie bag...Looking for the decal that goes on the Woodbury drop..Anyone have a spare? Thanks...

#8140 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bought mine HUO, so no goodie bag...Looking for the decal that goes on the Woodbury drop..Anyone have a spare? Thanks...

Are you sure there isn't one already on the target? I thought the same but then had a good close look at it was there. It's a very dark picture so easily missed. Also people have removed these in cares where their target sticks and won't retract

#8141 4 years ago

First ball played, I get 65 kills.

Drain, and still have two EBs, plus 2 balls.

I'm feeling like this might be my LMS game!!! Then... drain, drain, drain!!!

Haha! End game with 85 kills. Pulse racing, hands shaking! What an intense game!

#8142 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Haha! End game with 85 kills. Pulse racing, hands shaking! What an intense game!

Yesterday I had 115 kills, lms lit, hit the Woodbury target twice and it didn't stay down. Lms lit for two balls and I couldn't start it lol

#8143 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Are you sure there isn't one already on the target? I thought the same but then had a good close look at it was there. It's a very dark picture so easily missed. Also people have removed these in cares where their target sticks and won't retract

Yea, not there...read about them causing binding, but want to give it a go...

#8144 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Thinking of buying a premium again and not letting it go this time.

I am back in the club. Barely used LE purchased. #541.

#8145 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That is totally how this game goes and that's what makes it so great. Total adrenaline rush that is unique in my collecting/playing experience so far. Destroy The Ring in #LOTR is similar, and I'm just getting to know Stern Star Trek.

#8146 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I don’t think they had a decal initially. My LE didn’t come with one.

#8147 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Yesterday I had 115 kills, lms lit, hit the Woodbury target twice and it didn't stay down. Lms lit for two balls and I couldn't start it lol

I got to 115 recently as well, and missed the shot.

It hurt so deep haha.

#8148 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I don’t think they had a decal initially. My LE didn’t come with one.

Yea, I think it was a spare for one of the spinners

#8149 4 years ago

Got my alternate translite from flipordie today and I'm speechless... thankfully that doesn't mean I can't type about how amazing I think it is. It really has exceeded expectations, I love it!

Only problem I've got now is that I want a new playfield, plastics and side art to match! How much cash do we need to pull together to crowdfund that initiative????

IMG_6829 (resized).JPGIMG_6829 (resized).JPGIMG_6831 (resized).JPGIMG_6831 (resized).JPGIMG_6832 (resized).JPGIMG_6832 (resized).JPG
#8150 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I’ve just got the plain black crossbow. No laser. One thing to watch if you decide to get one. Make sure it doesn’t foul anywhere when fitting. I had to file a few spots on mine and enlarge the hole where the metal tab sticks out on the crossbow mech. It’s a pain to start having crossbow issues when you add a mod.......something I’m very used to lol.

And yes such a great adrenaline game. Reminds me of the fast and furious play of Ironman with the multiple choice of how to attack it like Game of Thrones. Finally cracked a billion last week......then next game I was struggling to get 300 000.
Up there with Sterns best. Oh and Hooked Bumper caps are awesome. Just did this and Deadpool LE

07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpegB94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpegB94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.