IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 236.
#8051 4 years ago

Joined the club today. A milestone so to speak as this one represents the first new era Stern in my game room.

383E359C-F8D8-4698-828D-AB63D6B0CDF1 (resized).jpeg383E359C-F8D8-4698-828D-AB63D6B0CDF1 (resized).jpegCE5F9A52-8A74-4AE9-A71D-22F49AEF86BB (resized).jpegCE5F9A52-8A74-4AE9-A71D-22F49AEF86BB (resized).jpeg
#8052 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its hard to tell from that picture, but is that bolt from the auto launcher pushed out and rubbing on the screw? It looks like its gapped.

Yes, that is EXACTLY what is happening. But how to fix it? I can't find anything that looks like it needs to be (or even COULD be) tightened up.

IMG-7914 (resized).JPGIMG-7914 (resized).JPGIMG-7915 (resized).JPGIMG-7915 (resized).JPG
#8053 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Yes, that is EXACTLY what is happening. But how to fix it? I can't find anything that looks like it needs to be (or even COULD be) tightened up.[quoted image][quoted image]

are you sure a pin didnt fall out somewhere or something on the opposite end of that bolt to keep it pushed against the white piece? Can you push that bolt in at all?

Or look even higher. Something is causing that piece to be pushed left to rub against the screw.. Like where i circled in yellow..
twd1 (resized).pngtwd1 (resized).png

#8054 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Joined the club today. A milestone so to speak as this one represents the first new era Stern in my game room.[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!! Great looking machine!!

#8055 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Hey gang. Need a little help.
My TWD Pro is only a few weeks old. Last night, I noticed this problem where the auto-launcher (is that what it's called?) is stuck in a forward position. Because of this, regular plunging is almost impossible. Got under the playfield and saw that the nut attached to the launcher is rubbing up against the screw that holds the launch lane switch in place, and preventing the launcher from returning to its normal retracted position. Sorry I don't know all the proper terminology! How can I adjust this? Didn't see anything loose down there.
Your help is greatly appreciated, sirs![quoted image][quoted image]

Have you tried bending the coil assembly slightly? It may be the angle but it looks like it isn’t straight up and down. That would cause the bolt heads to touch. Here’s some pics of my assembly for reference.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8056 4 years ago

This is exaggerated but I think your assembly is like the red line and needs to move left at the bottom.

It may just need tightening?

D0B7DDDF-1CA6-48E4-9C99-0BBCAE40594F (resized).jpegD0B7DDDF-1CA6-48E4-9C99-0BBCAE40594F (resized).jpeg
#8057 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can you believe I am still having issues with the well walker triggering by itself. My pinball tech has been over twice now, adjusted the switch like 50 times, and still having random hits. He adjusted the spring and it made it more tense, and I think it helped a bit, but still having occasional ghost shots. Maybe spring needs to be even tighter. This is like the goofiest switch

I think your switch could be flakey. Reason I say this is i get bicycle activations without going up the ramp. I haven't fixed the issue but I have found the switch on the last gate on the ramp can be activated by wiggling the ramp or shaking the machine. So maybe vibration and a too sensitive switch is the key?

#8058 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Congrats!!! Great looking machine!!

Thanks! Cosmetically it is very nice. It could use a shop job but most everything works. Flippers need to be rebuilt, the EOS switches are not intact so need to take care of that right away. My prison door optos are non functional and do not register in test mode. The doors open and close fine in test tho. Did not have time to really dig into it today. Could be a connector on the opto board. I’ll start there anyway. Only other thing is the shaker isn’t shaking (in game or in test) and i can confirm the shaker is set to on (moderate setting). Again could just need to have connectors reseated. Things do happen when you transport games. But if i need some help i’ll be sure to ask. I was a total newb trying to navigate trough these Stern menus haha.

#8059 4 years ago

Made my own prison door cover. Paint silver with black smudge to give the grunge look. I think it came up ok. Did a little sign where I normally stick key fob plastics on the headbox upper trim. Kinda like a plaque.

IMG20190719200551 (resized).jpgIMG20190719200551 (resized).jpgIMG20190719200557 (resized).jpgIMG20190719200557 (resized).jpgIMG20190719201649 (resized).jpgIMG20190719201649 (resized).jpg
#8060 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

This is exaggerated but I think your assembly is like the red line and needs to move left at the bottom.
It may just need tightening?[quoted image]

Thank you very much. I think I got it fixed now. Just needed a little bending. Appreciate the help!

#8061 4 years ago

Need a little help...trying to help out a friend.

Can someone take a pic of the well walker switch (on an LE)?

When I look at the pro manual, it doesn't show it with a diode attached directly to the switch, but that it's down on the wire attached under the playfield.

His well walker is constantly getting hits with it being hit. But when we go to test, it works fine. Just during game play, it is registering one phantom hit after another.

Thanks!!!!

#8062 4 years ago

Finally in the lineup...love this game!!! couple of pics...note it's ominous neighbors (primarily AlienLE just to it's left on side wall)

gr1 (resized).jpggr1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190721_192207613 (resized).jpgIMG_20190721_192207613 (resized).jpgIMG_20190721_192154647 (resized).jpgIMG_20190721_192154647 (resized).jpg

IMG_20190721_191835414 (resized).jpgIMG_20190721_191835414 (resized).jpg
#8063 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Finally in the lineup...love this game!!! couple of pics...note it's ominous neighbors (primarily AlienLE just to it's left on side wall)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey where did you get the glowing shooter rod for wOZ? It looks awesome

#8064 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When I look at the pro manual, it doesn't show it with a diode attached directly to the switch, but that it's down on the wire attached under the playfield.
His well walker is constantly getting hits with it being hit. But when we go to test, it works fine. Just during game play, it is registering one phantom hit after another.
Thanks!!!!

I have the same exact issue and my pinball tech is working on it. If you figure it out please let me know !

#8065 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey where did you get the glowing shooter rod for wOZ? It looks awesome

Cointaker is the only one selling them anymore...really like them..

#8066 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Flippers need to be rebuilt, the EOS switches are not intact so need to take care of that right away. My prison door optos are non functional and do not register in test mode.

Only other thing is the shaker isn’t shaking (in game or in test) and i can confirm the shaker is set to on (moderate setting).

Ok so flipper rebuild kit is in the cart. Shaker motor is fine, there was a connector on the shaker board removed.

Prison optos it looks like one side is ok (lit red). But still not registering after reseating the connectors. I’ll order a new transceiver. They are 4 bucks lol.

Can someone help identify which hex posts i am missing in this pic - it looks like there is a 1/2” post on the bottom but this makes the lower clear blood spattered plastic dip down at the end. Am i needing another 1/2” one or is that supposed to be on top (between the clear plastics) and a longer one on the bottom? There’s a great reference sheet on page 15 but the numbers don’t correlate to any drawings...

E71F2B40-8EBA-4B1A-9C6F-689550AFCD9E (resized).jpegE71F2B40-8EBA-4B1A-9C6F-689550AFCD9E (resized).jpeg
#8067 4 years ago

Here's a pic from my machine.

20190721_175855 (resized).jpg20190721_175855 (resized).jpg
#8068 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Here's a pic from my machine.[quoted image]

Thank you. So it looks to be a 1/2” on top as well, with a #6-32 thread end.

Or maybe its 5/8 since nobody carries 1/2”...

#8069 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Ok so flipper rebuild kit is in the cart. Shaker motor is fine, there was a connector on the shaker board removed.
Prison optos it looks like one side is ok (lit red). But still not registering after reseating the connectors. I’ll order a new transceiver. They are 4 bucks lol.
Can someone help identify which hex posts i am missing in this pic - it looks like there is a 1/2” post on the bottom but this makes the lower clear blood spattered plastic dip down at the end. Am i needing another 1/2” one or is that supposed to be on top (between the clear plastics) and a longer one on the bottom? There’s a great reference sheet on page 15 but the numbers don’t correlate to any drawings...[quoted image]

Here's mine...If you zoom in you can see the hex spacers ( looks same as prior post)

IMG_20190721_202311446 (resized).jpgIMG_20190721_202311446 (resized).jpg
#8070 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Thanks!!!!

I'll have top popped again Tuesday and take a look...

#8071 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll have top popped again Tuesday and take a look...

Thanks.

#8072 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can you believe I am still having issues with the well walker triggering by itself. My pinball tech has been over twice now, adjusted the switch like 50 times, and still having random hits. He adjusted the spring and it made it more tense, and I think it helped a bit, but still having occasional ghost shots. Maybe spring needs to be even tighter. This is like the goofiest switch

you need a new switch same thing happen to me. all so the plug had a lose wire where it pressed in

#8073 4 years ago

I'm new to the club - looks like I have some reading to do! Any recommendations on where to start?

I think I'm going to order service rails tomorrow -- not sure I trust the sticks.

It already has the R-Rated Cleland code, so we're good there.

Anything else I should consider?

IMG_20190723_193316 (resized).jpgIMG_20190723_193316 (resized).jpg
#8074 4 years ago

Watch the buffalopinball tutorial to learn the rules. Prepare to swear... a lot! Practice the drops on the left... a lot! I would personally not add any mods whatsoever as I can’t think of one that actually makes the game play better. Leave the out-lanes alone, you don’t need to make the game easier, just play better.

#8075 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I will say that I really like the Mezelmods Pro aquarium light mod. It easily lets you know how many heads you've collected in each aquarium. Collect enough heads to fill up 3 aquariums and you start a Multikill, which is one step closer to getting to Horde Mode. Looks like it's out of stock now. You could get on the waiting list. Trust me, it's cool! https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro

#8076 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Call me crazy, but I’d play it.

#8077 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call me crazy, but I’d play it.

Now that's just crazy talk! LOL

#8078 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm new to the club - looks like I have some reading to do! Any recommendations on where to start?
I think I'm going to order service rails tomorrow -- not sure I trust the sticks.
Anything else I should consider?[quoted image]

Here’s some screenshots of stuff I found to be useful. Lyman’s code is incredible, but not necessarily intuitive. There’s a lot to learn, but very rewarding once you figure it out.

03D198BE-14A2-4193-8EF0-D0D7C408559B (resized).png03D198BE-14A2-4193-8EF0-D0D7C408559B (resized).png280CBCBD-CBFC-4FAF-8A59-CDE42A493F4E (resized).png280CBCBD-CBFC-4FAF-8A59-CDE42A493F4E (resized).png7F14FBB1-BF7E-473C-964A-777EBAF02B74 (resized).png7F14FBB1-BF7E-473C-964A-777EBAF02B74 (resized).png8C317794-A1A9-4B43-8CFC-7C93EE581E70 (resized).png8C317794-A1A9-4B43-8CFC-7C93EE581E70 (resized).png
#8079 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anything else I should consider?[quoted image]

This was my first Stern Pro.....the sticks are a little weird at first, but whatever. I got used to them.
I went back to the stock audio, as well. I'm not a fan of the show, so I got really tired of all the random sound clips. Reminded me of digital pinball.
I would consider changing the stock GI bulbs with warm white. It makes a HUUUUGE difference in the look of the game, and only costs about $25. Took me 20 minutes to change all the bulbs. Give it a splash of red, here & there. It really looks great.
Other than that, yeah, leave it alone. This one doesn't need a shit ton of mods, IMO.

#8080 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I will say that I really like the Mezelmods Pro aquarium light mod. It easily lets you know how many heads you've collected in each aquarium. Collect enough heads to fill up 3 aquariums and you start a Multikill, which is one step closer to getting to Horde Mode. Looks like it's out of stock now. You could get on the waiting list. Trust me, it's cool! https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro

The one thing I dont like about that is the color. I believe I asked them years ago about that and they said they cannot offer in green.

#8081 4 years ago

"R-Rated Cleland code"

I wasnt aware of this being done. I guess its been a while since ive been checking this thread.

Can anyone tell me how I can get this? Is it just a simple game update install?

#8082 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here’s some screenshots of stuff I found to be useful. Lyman’s code is incredible, but not necessarily intuitive. There’s a lot to learn, but very rewarding once you figure it out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wish I could get a game to last long enough to see this stuff.

#8083 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wish I could get a game to last long enough to see this stuff.

I had that problem when I first got the game. What started opening up the game for me was to try and shoot the drop targets first. That gets you the first game mode.. I like to keep shooting those drops over and over to try and get bloodbath..

#8084 4 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback! Definitely going to watch the videos to learn more about the game. I played this game quite a bit on location, but never even noticed the drop targets on the left until last night!

Maybe I'll play around with the sticks a bit before spending $50 on the service rails...

Quoted from Rager170:

"R-Rated Cleland code"
I wasnt aware of this being done. I guess its been a while since ive been checking this thread.
Can anyone tell me how I can get this? Is it just a simple game update install?

You can message Cleland or find links in the forums. Here's links to the Premium/LE version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-most-recent-cleland-twd-code-1

#8085 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I had that problem when I first got the game. What started opening up the game for me was to try and shoot the drop targets first. That gets you the first game mode.. I like to keep shooting those drops over and over to try and get bloodbath..

I get bloodbath regularly. I'm not sure what to do when I get it.

#8086 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I get overly excited when it happens and go crazy lol hahaha. When bloodbath comes, I try to start the modes and then get multikills going. Thats when the big points come in. I believe, if you shoot the ramps quick enough, it start the multikills. If you have bloodbath and multikills, the points start racking up.

Im not the greatest playing on the machine and ive only gotten horde mode like 2 or 3 times but its a fun machine. I have no clue how anyone get get all the walker kills.

Oh, and the ColorDMD for TWD is excellent! Just put it in a week ago.

#8087 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I would recommend watching Bowen's tutorial on YT. It's on older code, but IIRC is largely the same. At least it's a good starting point. Someone also wrote up a very nice rulesheet. Read it then try to apply it in-game.

#8088 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Thanks for all the feedback! Definitely going to watch the videos to learn more about the game. I played this game quite a bit on location, but never even noticed the drop targets on the left until last night!
Maybe I'll play around with the sticks a bit before spending $50 on the service rails...

You can message Cleland or find links in the forums. Here's links to the Premium/LE version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-most-recent-cleland-twd-code-1

Quoted from Fezmid:

Thanks. I found the code online. Link below if people need it for Pro and Premium/LE:

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/12/06/code-update-pinsides-cleland-releases-the-walking-dead-1-60-0-code/

#8089 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Stack it with Well Walker and Riot. You can definitely rack up the points with that stack.

Dropping the drops during Blood Bath adds a ball. I know for a fact you can do it three times, but I think you can actually do it a 4th time if you complete the entire set of supplies.

#8090 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The one thing I dont like about that is the color. I believe I asked them years ago about that and they said they cannot offer in green.

Hmmmm.... the one I bought a few weeks ago is lit with green LEDs. Do you mean a color other than green?

#8091 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hmmmm.... the one I bought a few weeks ago is lit with green LEDs. Do you mean a color other than green?

Mine is green also.

#8092 4 years ago

I'd go one step further and combine the mezelmodes pro aquarium light mode with the aquarium from the walking dead dvd set like a bunch of us did. It looks just like the Stern Premium/LE aquarium (with different heads). I documented my install earlier in this thread if I recall. Its a great visual indicator and the LEDS are controlled by the game rom.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

#8093 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Mine is green also.

Sorry, I was thinking of something else. I have that aquarium light mod..

I was thinking of Cointakers... https://cointaker.com/products/fishtank-mod-for-the-walking-dead

#8094 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'd go one step further and combine the mezelmodes pro aquarium light mode with the aquarium from the walking dead dvd set like a bunch of us did. It looks just like the Stern Premium/LE aquarium (with different heads). I documented my install earlier in this thread if I recall. Its a great visual indicator and the LEDS are controlled by the game rom.

The fish tank that I see has two tanks in it. How did you remove the bottom one with the 3 heads?

#8095 4 years ago

In the DVD box set there are 2 fishtanks. Both the same size. One has 2 heads, one has 3 heads. They slide out of the packaging as 2 separate units. Its a perfect fit on the backpanel, just need to make a bracket and mount it, then move the LED unit from the mezelmods to under the tank and tape it/glue it there.

Quoted from FatPanda:

The fish tank that I see has two tanks in it. How did you remove the bottom one with the 3 heads?

#8096 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Question about this code.. This is audio changes only right? I dont want my colordmd that I just installed to get weird due to new animations or whatever..

#8097 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question about this code.. This is audio changes only right? I dont want my colordmd that I just installed to get weird due to new animations or whatever..

Correct, just the call-outs change. DMD will remain the same.

#8098 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Correct, just the call-outs change. DMD will remain the same.

Great, thanks.

#8099 4 years ago

Finally popping the top on this game again tonight for a little more upkeep (Titans and some other stuff).

Where's the best place to get the decal for lower portion of Wellwalker? Mines chewed pretty bad ( a common thing I would guess). Has anyone gone to the trouble of trying mylar around it, or a waste of time....

Thanks, and absolutely can't stop playing this game....amazing!!!

#8100 4 years ago

Question for you regarding the install of the R Rated Cleland code. Sterns update proceedure calls for .spv files but the one I downloaded is a .bin file.

Will this still work the same? If not, how do I install it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/162 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.