IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 236.
#8001 4 years ago

Finished my bulb swap last night. It really did only take 20 minutes or so.

OMG it is like NIGHT and DAY, replacing the stock GI with warm white bulbs! The game looks SO MUCH BETTER! I also put a few red accents here and there, and I am very happy with the results.

Highly recommend this inexpensive upgrade for Walking Dead Pro machines!

#8002 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Finished my bulb swap last night. It really did only take 20 minutes or so.
OMG it is like NIGHT and DAY, replacing the stock GI with warm white bulbs! The game looks SO MUCH BETTER! I also put a few red accents here and there, and I am very happy with the results.
Highly recommend this inexpensive upgrade for Walking Dead Pro machines!

I did my TWD Pro last night as well in warm whites. Looks like it should've came this way from Stern. It just suits the color pallet waaaayyyyy better than cold white.

#8003 4 years ago

Did you guys take some before and after pics by any chance? I'm keen to see the difference.

#8004 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Ok. If I switch to Sterns most recent code, should I later want to switch back to Cleland...where do I find that? Since my game came with Cleland, I don't know where it came from.

Send Cleland a DM. He has the most recent code and will send you the dropbox link.

#8005 4 years ago

Well Finally my pinball tech came and fixed some other pins and adjusted the switch on well walker.. no more ghost shots thank goodness now I can finally enjoy !

#8006 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Did you guys take some before and after pics by any chance? I'm keen to see the difference.

CE81AB2C-D3E3-4ABE-97FA-D36A67156173 (resized).pngCE81AB2C-D3E3-4ABE-97FA-D36A67156173 (resized).png82041BBF-996E-4473-9063-503D5FC4C706 (resized).jpeg82041BBF-996E-4473-9063-503D5FC4C706 (resized).jpeg
#8007 4 years ago

I put two red bulbs at the top/back of the game for a tiny accent, everything else is warm white frosted and the game is a lot brighter/evenly lit.
15621300053975693739748067792322 (resized).jpg15621300053975693739748067792322 (resized).jpg

I might grab a warm white LED trough strip from Comet for $5. Overall very happy with the swap.

#8008 4 years ago

I'm looking at powdercoating my pro.
What you reckon?
Or an idea would be to switch the red/black so more black less red.

powder-coated-d-ring-thumbnail (resized).jpgpowder-coated-d-ring-thumbnail (resized).jpgmiscellaneous-parts-powder-coated-in-black-frost-and-lollypop-red-thumbnail (resized).jpgmiscellaneous-parts-powder-coated-in-black-frost-and-lollypop-red-thumbnail (resized).jpg
#8009 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well Finally my pinball tech came and fixed some other pins and adjusted the switch on well walker.. no more ghost shots thank goodness now I can finally enjoy !

Nevermind, still getting stupid ghost shots from well walker. And today for the first time the lights all went crazy like some LED dance or something. Ugh

#8010 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nevermind, still getting stupid ghost shots from well walker. And today for the first time the lights all went crazy like some LED dance or something. Ugh

There’s a tiny connector under the playfield down by the flippers that has 2-3 wires coming off it. Reseat that connector. That should fix the lighting issue.

#8011 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

What you reckon?
Or an idea would be to switch the red/black so more black less red.[quoted image][quoted image]

Been thinking the same. If you end up doing it please be sure to post photos.

#8012 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

What you reckon?
Or an idea would be to switch the red/black so more black less red.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve seen that on a Pro and it looks really good. My Premium has moss green which ties in very well to the color scheme.

428ED8FF-017D-49FB-9124-34CEE8DCD625 (resized).jpeg428ED8FF-017D-49FB-9124-34CEE8DCD625 (resized).jpeg
#8013 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Been thinking the same. If you end up doing it please be sure to post photos.

Yeah I'll be definitely going for it. Be putting an order in as soon as my buddy picks his colours out for his alloy wheels.

#8014 4 years ago

Finally joining the club, w a nice LE on the way!!! Have the fishtank topper and colordmd on order, along w PDI and lit shooter rod (put on all my games).

Is there a post w recommended mods? Can't wait to finally have one in my lineup, where I can dive in, and let the bloodbath begin!!! Thanks...mark

(it shall live between my AlienLE and BSD for horror alley...)

#8015 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Finally joining the club, w a nice LE on the way!!! Have the fishtank topper and colordmd on order, along w PDI and lit shooter rod (put on all my games).
Is there a post w recommended mods? Can't wait to finally have one in my lineup, where I can dive in, and let the bloodbath begin!!! Thanks...mark

Congrats! The LE package is great imo. The only must have mod for that model is cliffy protector for the up down ramp. Stern issued some foam and Mylar after they were produced. The cliffy just makes more sense to me. It sits flush and protects that while area.

I believe a shaker is standard on the LE, if not, Id highly recommend one.
I also really like the light up speaker grills with rick shooting a zombie in the head.

#8016 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Congrats! The LE package is great imo. The only must have mod for that model is cliffy protector for the up down ramp. Stern issued some foam and Mylar after they were produced. The cliffy just makes more sense to me. It sits flush and protects that while area.
I believe a shaker is standard on the LE, if not, Id highly recommend one.
I also really like the light up speaker grills with rick shooting a zombie in the head.

Thanks!! Will definitely check that area, and like speaker light kits alot as well....

#8017 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats and welcome to the club!

TWDLE is all about a love/hate relationship. Welcome to plenty of frustration and heaps of fun. Best game ever made in my opinion.

Good luck!

#8018 4 years ago

Was just reading the premium and LE flyers and it mentions GI LED being red, green and white. Is this correct or did the games end up only being shipped with red and white? Or am I misreading this?

#8019 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got to get the Bicycle girl light. Should have been stock from the factory.

#8020 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congrats and welcome to the club!
TWDLE is all about a love/hate relationship. Welcome to plenty of frustration and heaps of fun. Best game ever made in my opinion.
Good luck!

Thanks....I anticipate massive profanity on occasion for sure ( sign of a great game)

#8021 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Heard a lot about that one...Link?

Thx..

#8022 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My bad..It has Bicycle girl light , Barndoor light, and pingraffix lit blades...that's it currently, beyond LE stuff...

#8023 4 years ago

Also there is an extension to the Bicycle Girl ramp that makes it about 100 % smoother to shoot. Don't remember who makes that one though.

#8024 4 years ago

So I just noticed a small issue with my pro. After you plunge a ball a second or two later the auto plunger will fire.

Sometimes when you drain and the ball saver is on the game will load a ball to the shooter lane but won’t plunge it.

Doesn’t do it all the time but it’s still annoying.

Maybe a bad or misadjuated shooter lane switch? What switch part number is it if it in fact needs replaced.

#8025 4 years ago

I'd put it in switch test and then set a ball in the shooter lane. You want to make sure you use a ball and not your finger to depress the switch. If it isn't registering, reach under the play field and manually close the switch all the way with your finger and see if it registers.

#8026 4 years ago

There is a connector for the shooter lane apparatus that's a bit flaky. buffaloatx messes with his on location when it starts acting up by not RE-kicking out a ball that has bounced back into the trough at ball start.

#8027 4 years ago

Getting prepared to do a pf swap soon and wanted to get some direction before I dig into it.

I did a Spike 2 swap recently with a friend,cand that was super easy.

Trying to get an idea as to how many connectors roughly are coming off the boards in the blackbox, and how many from under the pf?

Also, what's the best way to get the pf out? Should I take it out before removing any connections?

Thanks

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Getting prepared to do a pf swap soon and wanted to get some direction before I dig into it.
I did a Spike 2 swap recently with a friend,cand that was super easy.
Trying to get an idea as to how many connectors roughly are coming off the boards in the blackbox, and how many from under the pf?
Also, what's the best way to get the pf out? Should I take it out before removing any connections?
Thanks

There are about a dozen connectors from the backbox and 4 or 5 from the cabinet.

If you need any pictures send me a pm. I have tons from a complete tear down I did on a LE

#8029 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Was just reading the premium and LE flyers and it mentions GI LED being red, green and white. Is this correct or did the games end up only being shipped with red and white? Or am I misreading this?

They ended up dropping the green -> it's only red and white

#8030 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

They ended up dropping the green -> it's only red and white

Ah thank you for that. I was alittle concerned with my recent premium purchase. Thought something might be wrong
BTW was there 3 gi's throughout or some red /white like around the slings and other areas were green/white?

#8031 4 years ago

Ok so I’ve played most modes and getting to understand the rules. How do I get siege. I’ve played horde but don’t recall ever playing siege. Rather than re reading all post. Just a quick tutorial someone. Cheers guys.....and girls.

#8032 4 years ago

12 jackpots in prison multiball will bring you to Siege after the multiball has finished.
You can see the progress in the display during prison multiball.

You can accomplish this in multiple prison multiballs of course.

#8033 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

12 jackpots in prison multiball will bring you to Siege after the multiball has finished.
You can see the progress in the display during prison multiball.
You can accomplish this in multiple prison multiballs of course.

Thank you kind sir.

#8034 4 years ago

Just put my colordmd in last night. Looks great...

But man, they really need to redo their instructions for it for this game. I felt like nothing in them matched up..

#8035 4 years ago

Hi need to remove the metal bracket to replace with the menzel door roof mod. How do you remove the nyliners? Thanks

IMG20190718211942 (resized).jpgIMG20190718211942 (resized).jpg
#8036 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hi need to remove the metal bracket to replace with the menzel door roof mod. How do you remove the nyliners? Thanks

I didn't transfer over the Nyliners, and I don't think it's intended that you do so. I simply swapped out the existing bracket with Nyliners for the Mezel roof mod. It's worked great since. The door shafts don't rotate that much, and I think the plastic material used in the roof mod 3D printing makes for an acceptable bearing material for the application.

#8037 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I didn't transfer over the Nyliners, and I don't think it's intended that you do so. I simply swapped out the existing bracket with Nyliners for the Mezel roof mod. It's worked great since. The door shafts don't rotate that much, and I think the plastic material used in the roof mod 3D printing makes for an acceptable bearing material for the application.

Oh OK so the mod is the nyliner in affect. Thanks

#8038 4 years ago

Can you believe I am still having issues with the well walker triggering by itself. My pinball tech has been over twice now, adjusted the switch like 50 times, and still having random hits. He adjusted the spring and it made it more tense, and I think it helped a bit, but still having occasional ghost shots. Maybe spring needs to be even tighter. This is like the goofiest switch

#8039 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can you believe I am still having issues with the well walker triggering by itself. My pinball tech has been over twice now, adjusted the switch like 50 times, and still having random hits. He adjusted the spring and it made it more tense, and I think it helped a bit, but still having occasional ghost shots. Maybe spring needs to be even tighter. This is like the goofiest switch

Do you have a shaker motor? The only ghost hits I get is when my shaker goes off.

#8040 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Do you have a shaker motor? The only ghost hits I get is when my shaker goes off.

Yes I do, and I thought that was the problem so I adjusted the weights, but even the flippers can trigger it. Just a quick question tho, I am not sure if my shaker motor is official stern. It has this bar that runs down the middle.. is that a cointaker shaker?

#8041 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes I do, and I thought that was the problem so I adjusted the weights, but even the flippers can trigger it. Just a quick question tho, I am not sure if my shaker motor is official stern. It has this bar that runs down the middle.. is that a cointaker shaker?

At this point I would replace the switch. Does it trigger when you pound the playfield with your fist?

#8042 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

At this point I would replace the switch. Does it trigger when you pound the playfield with your fist?

This switch has already been replaced. But couldn’t hurt to have 4-5 extras to play around with.

#8043 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

a little bit, it triggers with pop bumpers and the

Quoted from chuckwurt:

This switch has already been replaced. But couldn’t hurt to have 4-5 extras to play around with.

I wish it was that easy, but it has to be soldered to that wire. My tech is still working on it, I think adjusting that spring helped a bit, he will replace the switch again and replace the spring. I hope thats the end of it.

#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Truth there....Every time I think I have a decent selection, I'm always missing one. They can also check "good" on my meter, yet act wonky in the game sometimes ( exact break point, tolerance, etc.).

I always promptly remove and smash the questionable switch ( makes me feel better) and replace

#8045 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it's from the same lot, I wouldn't be surprised if they all behaved the same way. Might be a good idea to check with a different parts supplier, (if you got the switches from Pinball Life, try Marcos, etc.) TBH, I'm not sure if the lot# is printed on the switch at all. Just a thought. The switches should have a nice positive click.

#8046 4 years ago

Hey gang. Need a little help.
My TWD Pro is only a few weeks old. Last night, I noticed this problem where the auto-launcher (is that what it's called?) is stuck in a forward position. Because of this, regular plunging is almost impossible. Got under the playfield and saw that the nut attached to the launcher is rubbing up against the screw that holds the launch lane switch in place, and preventing the launcher from returning to its normal retracted position. Sorry I don't know all the proper terminology! How can I adjust this? Didn't see anything loose down there.

Your help is greatly appreciated, sirs!

IMG-7914 (resized).JPGIMG-7914 (resized).JPGIMG-7915 (resized).JPGIMG-7915 (resized).JPG
#8047 4 years ago

While your waiting for the big guns to chime in...put the soft side of Velcro on the auto launcher...2 small strips where it makes contact with the ball...this prevents the balls from getting scratched which in turn prevents your play field from getting scratched................Joey

#8048 4 years ago

Hey gang. Need a little help.
My TWD Pro is only a few weeks old. Last night, I noticed this problem where the auto-launcher (is that what it's called?) is stuck in a forward position. Because of this, regular plunging is almost impossible. Got under the playfield and saw that the nut attached to the launcher is rubbing up against the screw that holds the launch lane switch in place, and preventing the launcher from returning to its normal retracted position. Sorry I don't know all the proper terminology! How can I adjust this? Didn't see anything loose down there.
Your help is greatly appreciated, sirs![quoted image][quoted image]

When you manually plunge it, is there a lot of play in the mechanism? I'll have to take a look at mine at home to see what might be happening. Check the other side of the "nut" to see if there's a C-clip that might be missing.

#8049 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

When you manually plunge it, is there a lot of play in the mechanism? I'll have to take a look at mine at home to see what might be happening. Check the other side of the "nut" to see if there's a C-clip that might be missing.

Normal amount of play in the plunger. The problem is the auto launcher is sitting so far forward, the ball no longer makes contact with the rubber tip of the plunger.

The nut on the autolauncher mech is rubbing against the screw holding the lane switch in place. It's preventing the autolaunch mech from returning to its full resting position.

All I see on the other side of the autolaunch nut is a screw, which is not loose at all. Can't find anything that seem to have come loose.
IMG-7914 (resized).JPGIMG-7914 (resized).JPG

#8050 4 years ago

Normal amount of play in the plunger. The problem is the auto launcher is sitting so far forward, the ball no longer makes contact with the rubber tip of the plunger.
The nut on the autolauncher mech is rubbing against the screw holding the lane switch in place. It's preventing the autolaunch mech from returning to its full resting position.
All I see on the other side of the autolaunch nut is a screw, which is not loose at all. Can't find anything that seem to have come loose.
[quoted image]

Its hard to tell from that picture, but is that bolt from the auto launcher pushed out and rubbing on the screw? It looks like its gapped.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/161 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.