IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 237.
#7951 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try the zconnector like some one else suggested. If that’s making a poor connection I guess that could cause issues too. But to me it sounds like switch adjustment.
If I remember right, this is a normally closed switch so when you hit the WW, it opens and registers the hit. Pop the hood and see if when the WW is at rest, it’s barely pushing the switch closed.
Put the game in switch test while you’re doing this. If every little vibration is opening that switch, it could be your issue.

is it possible it was just the code I was using? Because I updated from Cleland old version to the official stern version and I think things are ok so far (crossing my fingers!)

#7952 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

is it possible it was just the code I was using? Because I updated from Cleland old version to the official stern version and I think things are ok so far (crossing my fingers!)

Certainly a possibility.

#7953 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Certainly a possibility.

I have isolated it to the flippers changing the code did nothing . If I use the left flippper sometimes It triggers well walker anyone know what to do now ?

#7954 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have isolated it to the flippers changing the code did nothing . If I use the left flippper sometimes It triggers well walker anyone know what to do now ?

You should be able to go into the switch matrix test and flip the left flipper and see if any other switches activate. Possible bad diode? Or just a very sensitive switch that is responding to vibration. Though the fact that it’s only the left flipper and not the pops or other flipper make me suspect a diode/matrix issue.

#7955 4 years ago

Had my best first ball ever... 60 kills! Drained and still had two extra balls to go, and ball 2 and 3...

End the game with 75 kills!!!!!! Pinball strikes again!

#7956 4 years ago

Jajajajajaajajjajaj

#7957 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think you guys are right it probably is the switch I’ll test it and see . I’ve always been confused how to use stern switch test. Do I just go to switch menu and should see it activate randomly if that is the problem?

#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think you guys are right it probably is the switch I’ll test it and see . I’ve always been confused how to use stern switch test. Do I just go to switch menu and should see it activate randomly if that is the problem?

Yes. Go there and manually activate other switches to get a sense of how the test works. When you activate a switch it will flash up in the screen with the name of the switch you’re activating.

#7959 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Go there and manually activate other switches to get a sense of how the test works. When you activate a switch it will flash up in the screen with the name of the switch you’re activating.

If it is the switch bend the bar up away from the switch ? I won’t use that tool again and hopefully not snap it off like
Last time

#7960 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If it is the switch bend the bar up away from the switch ? I won’t use that tool again and hopefully not snap it off like
Last time

Well not necessarily because the well walker is a normally closed switch. So you might need to bend it away from the well walker more so it takes more of a hit to him to register it.

When you snapped the first one it sounds like the metal actuator just popped off the switch. You could’ve probably snapped it right back on.

Put the game in switch test, pop the hood and play around with the well walker switch and get an idea for how it works. Once you know how it works, you’ll have a better understanding on how to fix it.

#7961 4 years ago

One other thing you can do is put it in switch test and bang on the play field with your fist a few times. That will let you know if its a vibration issues causing the switch to trip.

#7962 4 years ago

Another way to find if it’s the walker switch or some sort of matrix problem is to unplug the switch and see if the problem disappears (in test).

#7963 4 years ago

I just picked up TWD Premium. Woot!

Quick question - it came with the 1.6 Cleland ROM. I have never really heard the original ROM to compare the difference in sound. My first take is that the Cleland ROM has a lot of random call outs and many don't seem to be related to anything happening. Kind of reminds me of Data East games from the 90s that did the same thing.

How does the original ROM compare? I've heard that the -voice- of the callouts is kind of terrible, but does the original ROM use more instruction and does it actually related to what's going on in the game?

#7964 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Quick question - it came with the 1.6 Cleland ROM. I have never really heard the original ROM to compare the difference in sound. My first take is that the Cleland ROM has a lot of random call outs and many don't seem to be related to anything happening. Kind of reminds me of Data East games from the 90s that did the same thing.
How does the original ROM compare? I've heard that the -voice- of the callouts is kind of terrible, but does the original ROM use more instruction and does it actually related to what's going on in the game?

Stick with Cleland (original callouts are shockingly bad). Have you got the PG or R rated Cleland code? If there are no kids around, go R, otherwise stick with PG.

#7965 4 years ago

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Had LMS lit and I bricked the Woodbury shot!

IMG_20190627_191417 (resized).jpgIMG_20190627_191417 (resized).jpg
#7966 4 years ago

If that doesn’t cause you to light your game on fire, I don’t know what will.

#7967 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

You can try the original just so you’ll appreciate Cleland even more. You asked the right question though, because the ONLY thing the original has over the modified code is that some of the callouts are instructional in nature. But still nowhere near worth putting up with the hick callouts.

#7968 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well not necessarily because the well walker is a normally closed switch. So you might need to bend it away from the well walker more so it takes more of a hit to him to register it.
When you snapped the first one it sounds like the metal actuator just popped off the switch. You could’ve probably snapped it right back on.
Put the game in switch test, pop the hood and play around with the well walker switch and get an idea for how it works. Once you know how it works, you’ll have a better understanding on how to fix it.

Man this is like the hardest switch ! I move walker back it triggers I bend him forward it triggers . I think I need to close the gap between switch and actuator ? I hope that fixes this once and for all very annoying cumbersome switch

#7969 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man this is like the hardest switch ! I move walker back it triggers I bend him forward it triggers . I think I need to close the gap between switch and actuator ? I hope that fixes this once and for all very annoying cumbersome switch

Just look at it this way. Once you get it locked, you’ll be a pro at it! Haha

#7970 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If that doesn’t cause you to light your game on fire, I don’t know what will.

I had the same once.. but had another ball... and I even bricked that one too...

#7971 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I had the same once.. but had another ball... and I even bricked that one too...

I don't know how heck you're supposed to even finish LMS... you need ANOTHER 115 kills once you start it!?! Unless you can light all the multikill weapons at once and start stacking kills somehow I don't know how it is possible to finish it.

#7972 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just look at it this way. Once you get it locked, you’ll be a pro at it! Haha

I give up I’ll just have my pinball tech look at it and fix it he’s pretty good . I hope he can get it over with

#7973 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I don't know how heck you're supposed to even finish LMS... you need ANOTHER 115 kills once you start it!?! Unless you can light all the multikill weapons at once and start stacking kills somehow I don't know how it is possible to finish it.

SPOILER: there are some rules you can obtain the 115 a bit quicker

#7974 4 years ago

SPOILER: there are some rules you can obtain the 115 a bit quicker

I'm torn on whether I investigate it more or not as I'd love it to be a surprise if/when I make it there. After about 10 months of ownership I still haven't made LMS or Seige. Terminus only once but I can manage Horde somewhat frequently. I often have to just turn the game off in utter frustration.

#7975 4 years ago

For sure it's a brilliant game. The code and layout is one of the best. I've yet to make it to Horde though nevermind Terminus. One day!

#7976 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I don't even care about finishing it haha! I just want to get there and see the dots.

I'll make finishing LMS my next goal... Right now I just have to get it started!

After getting to 115 and missing, I think I need a few weeks away from pinball, or at least this game!

#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

But seriously has anyone tried switching to warm white GI?

Yes. I switched the GI over to all Comet Sunlight and it is way better.

#7978 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Yes. I switched the GI over to all Comet Sunlight and it is way better.

I just joined the TWD club when I welcomed a pro version into my game room a week ago. I'm loving the game so far. I mean, it's kicking my butt, but the way it plays really suits the theme as you're constantly struggling to survive, so IMO they nailed it. I was just going to comment on the lighting though, as I just ordered all warm white for the GI from Comet as the cold white that came with it seemed to clash with the mostly warm toned art on the playfield and plastics. I think Comet's warm or sunlight LEDs (anything with a warmer spectrum) will do wonders.

#7979 4 years ago

The warm white LED comments got me motivated. I have too much glare from the white parts of the translite on my PF glass. I have some warm white LED replacements for the fluorescent tubes so just swapped one in. Its better. I then added a little bit of black tape by the AMC logo, the worst of the white, and the glare is nearly all gone now plus it has kind of a cool effect. Much improved for me!

#7980 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

The warm white LED comments got me motivated. I have too much glare from the white parts of the translite on my PF glass. I have some warm white LED replacements for the fluorescent tubes so just swapped one in. Its better. I then added a little bit of black tape by the AMC logo, the worst of the white, and the glare is nearly all gone now plus it has kind of a cool effect. Much improved for me!

Post some pics when you can. I would be interested to see!

#7981 4 years ago

Yesssss plaseeeee

#7982 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Post some pics when you can. I would be interested to see!

I don't have a before shot sorry. I noticed how different it looked with this bulb as it is right next to metallica with a LED tube. Much warmer light all in all and much less glare on the glass. It looks better in person but here is a picture.

20190630_145547 (resized).jpg20190630_145547 (resized).jpg
#7983 4 years ago

Ok thanks!!!!!

#7984 4 years ago

If you do get LED Tubes you can get them MUCH MUCH cheaper if you buy from a lighting supplier or ebay than the pinball sites, they are very standard items to replace fluorescent bulbs not a pinball thing. Also very easy to install. As I recall I got 4 of them for about 25 with shipping on ebay. I put one in my TSPP for glare but sort of forgot about that.

#7985 4 years ago

I started switching my stock GI LEDs out for warm white.....and MAN, some of them are really hard to get to! Any tips, besides taking lots of pictures and just doing a small area at a time, so I remember where everything goes?

#7986 4 years ago

So I ended up trying out the original factory ROM after using the Cleland ROM for a few days. I realize this is an unpopular opinion, but I definitely prefer the original factory sounds. Sure, there's no post-season-4 callouts, but the ones in the Cleland ROM serve no purpose and are mostly random. Whereas the factory callouts are better placed and in many cases helpful. As far as the voice goes, it sounds enough like Yondu (I don't remember his char's name in TWD) that you can just pretend it is and it's totally fine. It's not nearly as bad as people say it is.

If there are any other 1.6 variant ROMs out there, I'd be happy to try them....

#7987 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

So I ended up trying out the original factory ROM after using the Cleland ROM for a few days. I realize this is an unpopular opinion, but I definitely prefer the original factory sounds. Sure, there's no post-season-4 callouts, but the ones in the Cleland ROM serve no purpose and are mostly random. Whereas the factory callouts are better placed and in many cases helpful. As far as the voice goes, it sounds enough like Yondu (I don't remember his char's name in TWD) that you can just pretend it is and it's totally fine. It's not nearly as bad as people say it is.

I agree with you. I absolutely appreciate the time and energy that goes into creating a custom sound package, but I prefer the original on this game.

As bad as the hillbilly guy sounds, he provides instruction. The TWD clips seem a bit randomized, but Cleland did the best with what he had.

#7988 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I started switching my stock GI LEDs out for warm white.....and MAN, some of them are really hard to get to! Any tips, besides taking lots of pictures and just doing a small area at a time, so I remember where everything goes?

Grab a magnetic nut driver (1/4" I think), lift up the playfield, remove one socket at a time, replace cold with warm. Turn on the game with the playfield up to see what bulbs you missed.

For the ball guides on bottom, remove Phillip's head (2 or 3?) and pull the ball guides slightly out pull the 4 remaining GI from the top of the playfield, done!

I think it took me 20 minutes to do, well worth it!

You're not.. swapping the GI by pulling everything off the top side of the game.. right?

#7989 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Grab a magnetic nut driver (1/4" I think), lift up the playfield, remove one socket at a time, replace cold with warm. Turn on the game with the playfield up to see what bulbs you missed.
For the ball guides on bottom, remove Phillip's head (2 or 3?) and pull the ball guides slightly out pull the 4 remaining GI from the top of the playfield, done!
I think it took me 20 minutes to do, well worth it!
You're not.. swapping the GI by pulling everything off the top side of the game.. right?

First time doing a full bulb swap like this. Fortunately, I have only done a few so far.....slings and ball guides...the stuff that was easily replaceable by removing a single plastic.....but yeah, i'm such a NOOB that I probably WOULD HAVE tried to pull everything off the top side. Thanks for the tip. That makes a WHOOOOLE lot more sense!!

#7990 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I agree with you. I absolutely appreciate the time and energy that goes into creating a custom sound package, but I prefer the original on this game.
As bad as the hillbilly guy sounds, he provides instruction. The TWD clips seem a bit randomized, but Cleland did the best with what he had.

Maybe when you are new playing the game this is the case but having had TWD for years now I can’t disagree with this enough. The music and call outs on Cleland make the game a much more immersive experience for me. Red neck billy saying “shoot the ramp” does nothing for me because I already know what to do I guess.

The original has no actual sounds or callouts from the show and that is a huge miss IMO. I love hearing the randomized sounds from the show as it bring me back to remembering it.

#7991 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

First time doing a full bulb swap like this. Fortunately, I have only done a few so far.....slings and ball guides...the stuff that was easily replaceable by removing a single plastic.....but yeah, i'm such a NOOB that I probably WOULD HAVE tried to pull everything off the top side. Thanks for the tip. That makes a WHOOOOLE lot more sense!!

And make sure you do this with the games power off. Don't use nut drivers or other tools with the power on. Just turn it on to check periodically.

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I tried it and went back to original too... so you're not alone

#7993 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

And make sure you do this with the games power off. Don't use nut drivers or other tools with the power on. Just turn it on to check periodically.

What he said

#7994 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

So I ended up trying out the original factory ROM after using the Cleland ROM for a few days. I realize this is an unpopular opinion, but I definitely prefer the original factory sounds.

Same here. I've been through all of the alternate sound packages, from Slayer to NIN and through Cleland. They are all on USB sticks in the coin box. I really appreciate all of the work fans have done on these mixes but I keep coming back to the factory set.

#7995 4 years ago

I tried it and went back to original too... so you're not alone

Mine came with the Cleland code so I've never played it with stern callouts. I've never seen an episode of TWD so it probably doesn't matter how the stern one sounds...but
...i would like more helpful callouts. Do you get a lot more of them with stern?

#7996 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

i would like more helpful callouts. Do you get a lot more of them with stern?

Yes. Only you can decide if you like them better or not. Find a #the_walking_dead on location near you and try it out. Or watch a stream. Elwin has a couple and Bowen did a tutorial on it.

#7997 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yes. Only you can decide if you like them better or not. Find a The Walking Dead (Pro) on location near you and try it out. Or watch a stream. Elwin has a couple and Bowen did a tutorial on it.

Ok. If I switch to Sterns most recent code, should I later want to switch back to Cleland...where do I find that? Since my game came with Cleland, I don't know where it came from.

#7998 4 years ago

If I recall there is a backup option in the UTILITIES menu. Backup your current code, try the stern standard code and if you want to go back, restore from your backup stick.

Quoted from gliebig:

Ok. If I switch to Sterns most recent code, should I later want to switch back to Cleland...where do I find that? Since my game came with Cleland, I don't know where it came from.

#7999 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If I recall there is a backup option in the UTILITIES menu. Backup your current code, try the stern standard code and if you want to go back, restore from your backup stick.

Cool. I'll give that a go.

#8000 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Does that backup the CODE itself?? I thought it just backs up some of the Audit information, and maybe the high scores?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/160?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.