IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 236.
#7901 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Damn, that looks amazing! I wish you could redo all of the cabinet art.

Thanks at the time I was considering retheming my whole machine, I was probably going the decal route if I ever did or a PF overlay as another option. I couldnt bring myself to sand a brand new machine. lol....

#7902 4 years ago

Has anyone with a TWD installed that shaker motor adjustment dial? My shaker is way too much and its irritating me. It shakes so hard, I think it actually triggers the well walker. What i want to know is it safe, and did it work well? I could always try adjusting the weights on the shaker but last time I tried it broke 3 drill bits just trying to get that damn screw out

Thanks

#7903 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Has anyone with a TWD installed that shaker motor adjustment dial?

I did mine. 10 minutes to install and set. Never a problem

#7904 4 years ago

Here's the pic.41517040163f5514cb4145f1975b0284e4002db6 (1) (resized).jpg41517040163f5514cb4145f1975b0284e4002db6 (1) (resized).jpg

#7905 4 years ago

I like this one, Hand Drawn Limited Run # 1 of 30.
20190615_161656 (resized).jpg20190615_161656 (resized).jpg

#7906 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I like this one, Hand Drawn Limited Run 1 of 30.[quoted image]

Not a fan, some of the characters are hard to recognize. But art is subjective.

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Has anyone with a TWD installed that shaker motor adjustment dial? My shaker is way too much and its irritating me. It shakes so hard, I think it actually triggers the well walker. What i want to know is it safe, and did it work well? I could always try adjusting the weights on the shaker but last time I tried it broke 3 drill bits just trying to get that damn screw out
Thanks

I’m assuming you already went into the settings and lowered the shaker motor setting? I believe there is 3 - max, medium and low - or something like that. I have mine set on the middle setting. It doesn’t change the power, just the frequency of the usage of the motor.

#7908 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not a fan, some of the characters are hard to recognize. But art is subjective.

I actually own #3 of 30. I think the characters are easily recognizable if you see it in person. I think it’s a huge upgrade from what came with the game and it is really well done. However, as you said, art is subjective!

#7909 4 years ago

Well I changed the weights on the shaker motor and while under Playfield decided to adjust well walker switch. Well it broke .. anyone have any suggestions ? It looks like its an easy replacement the problem I have is it looks soldered onto the wire harness. I may need help on that one.
4ADD3DAA-1458-4CC6-86E4-F4253B344495 (resized).jpeg4ADD3DAA-1458-4CC6-86E4-F4253B344495 (resized).jpeg

#7910 4 years ago

So finally bit the bullet and bought for Father’s Day a long overdue colordmd lcd

6B6AA54C-7973-4E6B-842F-F510530F6D5B (resized).jpeg6B6AA54C-7973-4E6B-842F-F510530F6D5B (resized).jpeg
#7911 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I changed the weights on the shaker motor and while under Playfield decided to adjust well walker switch. Well it broke .. anyone have any suggestions ? It looks like its an easy replacement the problem I have is it looks soldered onto the wire harness. I may need help on that one.
[quoted image]

Lots of YT videos out there on how to solder. This would be an easy 1-2 minute job. Should find the switch on Any pinball parts website.

#7912 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lots of YT videos out there on how to solder. This would be an easy 1-2 minute job. Should find the switch on Any pinball parts website.

Thanks for advice I’m sure it’s easy but me and hot things just don’t work out right , every time in damn chem class when I had to use stupid benson burner I would break this that and get burned .. I have a pinball repair guy nearby I’ll contact him and see if I can send it to him for repair shouldn’t cost too much .. unless there is a way to solder without heat ? Also I would have to take off the solder from original switch ?

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for advice I’m sure it’s easy but me and hot things just don’t work out right , every time in damn chem class when I had to use stupid benson burner I would break this that and get burned .. I have a pinball repair guy nearby I’ll contact him and see if I can send it to him for repair shouldn’t cost too much .. unless there is a way to solder without heat ? Also I would have to take off the solder from original switch ?

The YouTube videos I mentioned cover all your questions. If you can use a lighter, you can solder. I couldn’t change a light bulb 5 years ago. I’m very comfortable with soldering.

You can do this job with a $40 iron and $10 of solder.

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I did mine. 10 minutes to install and set. Never a problem

I was actually able to finally get the weight off. I adjusted it to 180 degrees.. it makes like no shaking at all.. so now I gotta take it out again and do 90 degrees.. I think that will fix my shaking motor issues. No for this bicycle girl mod .. sigh.. getting that wire in the hole is freaking hard.

#7915 4 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

Hey, guys here's my version of the TWD backglass >

Awesome! Great job!

#7916 4 years ago

Does anyone have the green bicycle mod off of ebay? I just tried installing it and it doesn't work.. looking for some tips. I threaded the wire down the hole, and connected the new cable to the PCB block using the first two pins as discussed in instructions, then replaced the old wire on the first two pins again. Is this wrong?

#7917 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone have the green bicycle mod off of ebay? I just tried installing it and it doesn't work.. looking for some tips. I threaded the wire down the hole, and connected the new cable to the PCB block using the first two pins as discussed in instructions, then replaced the old wire on the first two pins again. Is this wrong?

I contacted the guy who sells the mod on Ebay. Turns out the wiring on the mod block is incorrect, and he will send me a new one. I kept wondering why this thing wasnt' working. Tried like 100 times. So if someone has this mod and it doesn't work, contact the seller!

#7918 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was actually able to finally get the weight off. I adjusted it to 180 degrees.. it makes like no shaking at all.. so now I gotta take it out again and do 90 degrees.. I think that will fix my shaking motor issues.

What brand shaker motor do you have, and what issues are you experiencing with it? It makes sense that you would feel very little shaking with the weights set at 180 degrees, since they are essentially cancelling each other out.

#7919 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What brand shaker motor do you have, and what issues are you experiencing with it? It makes sense that you would feel very little shaking with the weights set at 180 degrees, since they are essentially cancelling each other out.

I think its the Stern shaker. I had similar problems w/ my Tron, was shaking the play field like crazy. Gameroomguys adjusted the weights on the Tron and its been great since. The problem with TWD, I think the amount of shaking was actually triggering well walker switch! So I will try 90 degrees, I think that will fix problems

#7920 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I contacted the guy who sells the mod on Ebay. Turns out the wiring on the mod block is incorrect, and he will send me a new one. I kept wondering why this thing wasnt' working. Tried like 100 times. So if someone has this mod and it doesn't work, contact the seller!

I got this mod from Judge Dredd in UK. Works great. He is a good seller and creator of his mods. He will make it right.I got his stuff on a few of my games.

#7921 4 years ago

Anyone hazard a guess at how the many TWD machines were made? I feel like there must be 7,500 of all three models out there.

#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Anyone hazard a guess at how the many TWD machines were made? I feel like there must be 7,500 of all three models out there.

I feel like there must be 12,000 of them out there. Just has to be.

#7923 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

My best guess would be less than 2500 world wide. That is inclusive of pro premium and LE.

#7924 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

My best guess would be less than 2500 world wide. That is inclusive of pro premium and LE.

That is not very many! Interesting range we have so far: 2,500-12,500.

#7925 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

That is not very many! Interesting range we have so far: 2,500-12,500.

I'll say 2499

#7926 4 years ago

Changed mine. I’m thinking closer to 15k.

#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

FINE. Changing mine to 2531!

#7928 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

FINE. Changing mine to 2531!

#7929 4 years ago

In a recent interview with Gary stern on H2H podcast, he said they have made 60-70 games a day. (Avg is probably lower, 50? Also probably even lower in the old factory)
He also said they have around 20 titles a year on the lines.
TWD ran for 4 years with varying demand.
Playing with those numbers, and taking a lot of wild guesses about how often it was run I would guess there were about 2500 made across all versions. Could be much higher. I don’t think it’s much lower than 1500 though.

#7930 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You ok, Erik?

#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You ok, Erik?

Never been better. Won the NKYPO and now headed to City Champ!

Btw the more I think of it, I’m not sure Stern has produced any game more than TWD.

#7932 4 years ago

Itching to get one but haven’t been able to snag a premium at a reasonable price yet. Game is fun though!

#7933 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never been better. Won the NKYPO and now headed to City Champ!
Btw the more I think of it, I’m not sure Stern has produced any game more than TWD.

Congrats on the win!!

... and I should know better than to question an accountant!!

1 week later
#7934 4 years ago

Just got a TWD Pro.

Any advice for switching out a few GI bulbs to give the game a little bit more color?

#7935 4 years ago

But seriously has anyone tried switching to warm white GI?

#7936 4 years ago
20190615_155846 (resized).jpg20190615_155846 (resized).jpg
#7937 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

But seriously has anyone tried switching to warm white GI?

I switched all my cool whites to warm white GI in my LE and it's a huge improvement!

#7938 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I switched all my cool whites to warm white GI in my LE and it's a huge improvement!

Cool, I just got one Sunday, I'll give it a go!

#7939 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I did the same thing a month ago. I have no idea why Stern went with cold white on such a dark themed game. I went with warm white Comet LED bulbs for the GI and inserts. I have a few coloured Red LED bulbs in the inserts (Blood Bath & stab targets). Do it - it is a much better look. The bright white when playing in the dark was my only complaint with the game. It is perfect now.

#7940 4 years ago

Warmwhite and yellow/orange

IMG_20190618_174945 (resized).jpgIMG_20190618_174945 (resized).jpg
#7941 4 years ago

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Selling my Stern Walking Dead Premium. I am the second owner, but game has only been HUO. Game is in EXCELLENT condition with no playfield or insert wear at all. Includes the ...”
2019-06-12
Manheim, PA
Trade
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 1135 times

If anyone is looking for a TWD, I listed mine for sale recently! Just looking to change up the lineup a bit!

#7942 4 years ago

Warm White with red accents

A9DD18AA-18D8-45B3-B389-DFE4BE393D63 (resized).jpegA9DD18AA-18D8-45B3-B389-DFE4BE393D63 (resized).jpegD93DBC3F-BD3C-41FE-9C9F-8578D37738AF (resized).jpegD93DBC3F-BD3C-41FE-9C9F-8578D37738AF (resized).jpeg
#7943 4 years ago

Those warm whites look nice. I'm thinking I need to change things up a bit!

#7944 4 years ago

Guys my well walker is still triggering ghost shots and I can't figure it out. I even toned down the shaker motor and got my well walker switch replaced. I think its triggering near the pop bumpers but not sure. Anyone have similar problems?

#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys my well walker is still triggering ghost shots and I can't figure it out. I even toned down the shaker motor and got my well walker switch replaced. I think its triggering near the pop bumpers but not sure. Anyone have similar problems?

Simple switch adjustment. Make it less sensitive. It’s a little more difficult to adjust a cherry switch, but it’s still pretty easy. There’s only one on the well walker. Can’t miss it.

#7946 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Simple switch adjustment. Make it less sensitive. It’s a little more difficult to adjust a cherry switch, but it’s still pretty easy. There’s only one on the well walker. Can’t miss it.

Yes the last time I adjusted it it shattered and I had to get it replaced . Do u really think it’s the switch ? I feel like there is something else triggering it

#7947 4 years ago

The Z-connector that connects the well walker to the main wiring harness? Try reseating/replacing it.

#7948 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes the last time I adjusted it it shattered and I had to get it replaced . Do u really think it’s the switch ? I feel like there is something else triggering it

It’s always been the switch every time I’ve heard of this happening. Anything is possible though. How did it shatter? Did the actuator just come off or did it snap in half? What did you use to adjust it?

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s always been the switch every time I’ve heard of this happening. Anything is possible though. How did it shatter? Did the actuator just come off or did it snap in half? What did you use to adjust it?

I used a switch adjustment tool and the top metal thing broke right off the plastic switch. So I bought a new one and had some solder it for me and test it . It’s like brand new . That’s why I’m questioning if it’s actually the switch

#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I used a switch adjustment tool and the top metal thing broke right off the plastic switch. So I bought a new one and had some solder it for me and test it . It’s like brand new . That’s why I’m questioning if it’s actually the switch

Try the zconnector like some one else suggested. If that’s making a poor connection I guess that could cause issues too. But to me it sounds like switch adjustment.

If I remember right, this is a normally closed switch so when you hit the WW, it opens and registers the hit. Pop the hood and see if when the WW is at rest, it’s barely pushing the switch closed.

Put the game in switch test while you’re doing this. If every little vibration is opening that switch, it could be your issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.