IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 236.
#7851 4 years ago

I wish I could help. Or do I?

#7852 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I guess since no one wants to help me, I should ask, what question should I ask and where should I ask it so I can fix my $11,000 machine.

Ask the question if being rude is the best way to get help, ask it to yourself.

#7853 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

my $11,000 machine

Wasn't the LE $8600 new?

#7854 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Wasn't the LE $8600 new?

No. They weren't nearly that much. I believe I paid $7,400 for mine.

#7855 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That’s correct. I paid $7400 for my LE NIB.

#7856 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That’s correct. I paid $7400 for my LE NIB.

Quoted from gweempose:

Likely its 11000 CAD which would put it around 8000 USD.

#7857 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have looked through the manual repeatedly, I have asked my fellow pinsiders, I have emailed Marcos and a couple other pinball sources to see which switch I need to order to replace the micro switch under the Well Walker. I guess since no one wants to help me, I should ask, what question should I ask and where should I ask it so I can fix my $11,000 machine. Like fuck, is it that difficult to help someone out. I have a hard time thinking no one else has ever ordered this part before. And then for everyone who checks this thread to just skim through my post and not a single answer? I have never been this frustrated trying to fix such a simple problem. Please don’t reply back trying to tell me how to fix the fucking switch, it is broken, and I need a new one.

Unless you provide photographic evidence, I daresay your switch just needs adjusting. Many of us have weighed-in to assist with this. Mine hasn't been perfect over the past three years, but the last six months have been good.

I also had an issue where Pinside didn't come to the rescue, but that's okay. It happens. I agree with the fellow who said people nudge in the right direction.

It's a micro switch. If you order one, order ten, and split the shipping cost around accordingly. I'll buy two from you.

Cheers from Edmonton,

Winston.

#7858 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have looked through the manual repeatedly, I have asked my fellow pinsiders, I have emailed Marcos and a couple other pinball sources to see which switch I need to order to replace the micro switch under the Well Walker. I guess since no one wants to help me, I should ask, what question should I ask and where should I ask it so I can fix my $11,000 machine. Like fuck, is it that difficult to help someone out. I have a hard time thinking no one else has ever ordered this part before. And then for everyone who checks this thread to just skim through my post and not a single answer? I have never been this frustrated trying to fix such a simple problem. Please don’t reply back trying to tell me how to fix the fucking switch, it is broken, and I need a new one.

Indusguys started another post but has not replied back to thank anyone, there or on this forum.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-well-walker-switch

#7859 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Indusguys started another post but has not replied back to thank anyone, there or on this forum.

His latest post was that he wanted to trade his TWD. That’s *after* his tantrum and *after* multiple people helped him with his problem with no thank you. SMH

#7860 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Hey everyone I asked 10days ago for the part number and no response except how to fix it. I decided to change the way I asked the question and all the sudden I got tons of responses. This is the way I intend on doing things in the future the more controversy I create a better chance of getting the question I want answered without waiting so long. I know a lot of you are pathetic and like to point out other people‘s flaws I can leave posts like that all the time that give you something to do with your life .

#7861 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

His latest post was that he wanted to trade his TWD. That’s *after* his tantrum and *after* multiple people helped him with his problem with no thank you. SMH

Thanks

#7862 4 years ago

If anybody else needs any babysitting that guy will help you.

#7863 4 years ago

Why did you edit out the part where you called me ‘fat ass?’ That was the best part of your post!

#7864 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey everyone I asked 10days ago for the part number and no response except how to fix it. I decided to change the way I asked the question and all the sudden I got tons of responses. This is the way I intend on doing things in the future the more controversy I create a better chance of getting the question I want answered without waiting so long. I know a lot of you are pathetic and like to point out other people‘s flaws I can leave post like that all the time that give you something to do with your life .

Good to know. Last time I'll respond to help you with anything.

#7865 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Why did you edit out the part where you called me ‘fat ass?’ That was the best part of your post!

I just wanted you to see it, makes it more personal.

#7866 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Good to know. Last time I'll respond to help you with anything.

Oh no Fat Panda won’t help me anymore, what ever will I do. Please don’t do this to me, I will promise never to do anything without your permission again. I will make sure to PM next time just to make sure it’s OK .

#7867 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Oh no Fat Panda won’t help me anymore, what ever will I do. Please don’t do this to me, I will promise never to do anything without your permission again. I will make sure to PM next time just to make sure it’s OK .

Dude, if you’re asking for free help online, maybe a different approach is appropriate?
Nobody owes you anything after all.

#7868 4 years ago

Now time for the chorus.

#7869 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

It's obvious what you'll do. You'll ask for help and then throw a tantrum when it's not spoon fed to you. So bye Felicia.

#7870 4 years ago

I would say that is an accurate assumption, thank you for helping me so I can change my life for the better.

#7871 4 years ago

Good evening from across the pond, one hopes this is okay to post here, fellow TWD owners, but I have written my musings on TWD as a game (unsurprisingly, it was quite positive) - I'd say a 5 minute read. Let me know what you all think.

http://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/pinball-reviews/the-walking-dead-stern-2014/

#7872 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Good evening from across the pond, one hopes this is okay to post here, fellow TWD owners, but I have written my musings on TWD as a game (unsurprisingly, it was quite positive) - I'd say a 5 minute read. Let me know what you all think.
http://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/pinball-reviews/the-walking-dead-stern-2014/

Good write-up! I don’t think that’s Sofia on the backglass, though. It’s a random female zombie.

#7873 4 years ago

Oh really? I was darn sure it was... darn.

I have edited the post to reflect this

#7874 4 years ago

Dumb question, is the key to get into the backbox different from the key to get into the front? Trying to get back there...

#7875 4 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Dumb question, is the key to get into the backbox different from the key to get into the front? Trying to get back there...

Different keys. Your backbox keys should be attached inside the coin door.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7876 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Different keys. Your backbox keys should be attached inside the coin door.[quoted image]

Thanks!

#7877 4 years ago

I will say if you can’t find your key to the back box, try other stern back box keys if you have other stern pins. I bought a GOT and the guy could not find the back box key. Turns out my TWD back box key fit the GOT back box also.

#7878 4 years ago

I bought this to try as a topper. Will work out how to mount and light this thing up

IMG20190530153029 (resized).jpgIMG20190530153029 (resized).jpgIMG20190530153554 (resized).jpgIMG20190530153554 (resized).jpg
#7879 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I bought this to try as a topper. Will work out how to mount and light this thing up[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like he's in some pain. Mounting and lighting will be fun.

#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I bought this to try as a topper. Will work out how to mount and light this thing up[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get this?

#7881 4 years ago

Joined the club last week when I landed a very nice condition premium from another member. I've spent a fair bit of time adding mods, etc. I was pretty much ready to start enjoying it when I realised there's solenoid issues specifically with the bicycle girl ramp, crossbow launch and right drop target. Everything else is fine. I'm totally scratching my head with this one. I'm not seeing voltage at the playfield end but nothing appears wrong at the power driver board visually.

#7882 4 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

solenoid issues specifically with the bicycle girl ramp, crossbow launch and right drop target. Everything else is fine. I'm totally scratching my head with this one. I'm not seeing voltage at the playfield end but nothing appears wrong at the power driver board visually.

Right drop target? The solenoids are shown on page 9 of your manual. The only connection I see between the three you listed is the ramp and drop target bank both use power line connector J10-P9/10 (pins 9 & 10?).

Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I've spent a fair bit of time adding mods

Did everything work before you started adding mods? Do any of the mods you added use the wires going to the solenoids that are now acting up?
Do you have continuity from the connector to the solenoid? Example: Ramp uses connectors J10-P9/10 (power, YEL-VIO wire) and J8-P6 (control, BRN-GRN wire). Test continuity from those connectors to the solenoid.

#7883 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Right drop target? The solenoids are shown on page 9 of your manual. The only connection I see between the three you listed is the ramp and drop target bank both use power line connector J10-P9/10 (pins 9 & 10?).

Did everything work before you started adding mods? Do any of the mods you added use the wires going to the solenoids that are now acting up?
Do you have continuity from the connector to the solenoid? Example: Ramp uses connectors J10-P9/10 (power, YEL-VIO wire) and J8-P6 (control, BRN-GRN wire). Test continuity from those connectors to the solenoid.

Thanks, I have to use a PDF version of manual, but yeah I already spotted that with the shared wiring by eye and traced it back.

I don’t know frankly, I had a bit of work to do as as an import machine before firing it up , so I just kept going to get the back box led installed ie removing the ballast etc (which piggybacks a different circuit as per other mods), topper, prison tower - rest were non electrical. I will definitely test continuity today from the power driver board today and go from there with the multimeter.

EDIT: After testing continuity and finding no issues, I started looking more widely. I should have know, sometimes its the most obvious things which don't appear to be related at the time. When I got the machine, both of the small wires on J2 were loose. I had thought I'd reseated them in the connector, upon checking them it turns out they must have still not been making proper contact still. Soon as I got them making proper contact again, bingo problem gone and we were away. Finally got some good games up. Clocked 205m in my second game. I'm really getting to see why people really love having TWD in their collections. Excellent flow and so much going on, the amount of modes you can stack, the multiball, etc.

#7884 4 years ago

I got inspired by the Pinball Refinery vinyl apron mod and decided to make something custom to give more of a JJP look. What do you guys think?

I made a CAD template and had it cut out of 1/8" plate, printed out some artwork on adhesive vinyl and voila! I had to be careful with the overall thickness because there is very little clearance between the front part of the apron and the glass. It also has to be removable in case you ever need to remove the entire apron. I countersunk the holes so the screws are nice and flush with the top of the plate. The small piece above the shooter lane is just mounted with some heavy duty double sided tape instead of screwed in since it doesn't need to be removable.

I think it came out really nice. Any interest in having me produce a bunch of these? Just curious.
16138157-2984-4AE4-9553-572FEE087F31 (resized).jpeg16138157-2984-4AE4-9553-572FEE087F31 (resized).jpeg72C21A1E-FA4F-4E77-A85E-26AFF8BE3B7B (resized).jpeg72C21A1E-FA4F-4E77-A85E-26AFF8BE3B7B (resized).jpeg7FBE37CA-89CC-45DA-90F6-F42559DB8853 (resized).jpeg7FBE37CA-89CC-45DA-90F6-F42559DB8853 (resized).jpeg91A89B65-E45C-45CD-8AFF-7403886B99AC (resized).jpeg91A89B65-E45C-45CD-8AFF-7403886B99AC (resized).jpeg

7D58343E-4B79-4FC9-8EF5-4057B524554B (resized).jpeg7D58343E-4B79-4FC9-8EF5-4057B524554B (resized).jpeg
#7885 4 years ago

I like the concept but unsure of your choice of artwork. However I can't advise on what the artwork should look like which is no help to you. I still think it's a great effort

#7886 4 years ago

Wuoooooo!!!!!

#7887 4 years ago

I love it and would be in for 1. I think that the artwork is inspired.

#7888 4 years ago

For those of you here that have not followed the hand drawn custom walki g dead translite thread I wanted to post my review here. This is very limited run with only 30 pros (total of all 3 versions) and 30 premium (total of 2 versions) available.

I know the artist printed enough for all pre orders plus a few extras for some that may have not pre ordered. Here is my review:

So after following this project and it’s progress for 3 years I must say my expectations were very high. And after seeing the finished photos my expectations were even higher.
I knew there was a good chance that receiving the finished product, I could be disappointed.

NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!!! I am blown away! Federico I know you are a professional artist but this is beyond words. However as a tribute to you and this work I feel the need to give my personal review here...
Pulling the translites out of the tube the first thing I realize is that these are printed on high quality film. I think film? They are heavy plastic like the factory translite. Not quite as thick but I think that works as an advantage as I hold each up to a window and the light comes through to provide a wonderful look at all the amazing details. And there are so many details to take in.

I must admit that watching this develop over time I really thought the style was “realism”. I was so so wrong! These are done in a graphic novel style providing realistic characters with just enough comic styling to give it a creative edge. That is perhaps the most wonderful surprise... it’s much more like looking at the cover of a graphic novel then a photo in an album.

And falling from the package as I pull it out are the limited original hand signed prints. These are of the first drawing done by Federico at the start of this project. That drawing is not on the translite so very cool to have it here signed and inscribed by the artist “stay alive with the walking dead” and numbered 4 of 30... and to finish it off two colour stickers with the same numbering - one to be placed by me on the back-box and the other to be tucked safely away.

I couldn’t decide which version to order so I actually ordered almost of them ... the premium (Green) without blood, the color pro (Red) with blood and, as a last minute decision, the artists’ original rendering... the pro yellow. You can’t go wrong with any of them! Each of them lights up beautifully from the back showing all the features in dramatic graphic novel style.

Thank you Federico for your outstanding work ... I am truly a fan for life!

I can’t wait to put one of these in my Walking Dead Pro which is unfortunately on location now so the install will have to wait. One will be framed along with the signed print. One will go to another local pinball enthusiast.

And all will be enjoyed forever!!!

0135640A-63C0-4B4B-8CED-0A56314E9729 (resized).jpeg0135640A-63C0-4B4B-8CED-0A56314E9729 (resized).jpeg486A91FA-8C1B-4BC9-B478-177E167234C3 (resized).jpeg486A91FA-8C1B-4BC9-B478-177E167234C3 (resized).jpeg9A9A2CC6-C9A5-4709-BF2F-80812FA07E85 (resized).jpeg9A9A2CC6-C9A5-4709-BF2F-80812FA07E85 (resized).jpeg
#7889 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I like the concept but unsure of your choice of artwork. However I can't advise on what the artwork should look like which is no help to you. I still think it's a great effort

The entire game is littered with questionable artwork....I guess my apron fits in well then

#7890 4 years ago

Anyone know where I might still find a NIB Pro or Premium TWD?

#7891 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Www.pinballs.com may have one

#7892 4 years ago

Love the new remixed Backglass.
When I owned TWD I started this custom backglass awhile back. but I draw more in an illustrative style. Thought I'd share the start of it. Maybe its time to wrap it up.

IMG_0838 (resized).JPGIMG_0838 (resized).JPG
#7893 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Www.pinballs.com may have one

please, God, ANYWHERE but Automated!!

#7894 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Trent at tilt told me he still had some pros. I didn't ask about premiums.
This was in april

#7895 4 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

When I owned TWD I started this custom backglass awhile back. but I draw more in an illustrative style. Thought I'd share the start of it. Maybe its time to wrap it up.

I love it! Finish it up - I'd buy one.

#7896 4 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

When I owned TWD I started this custom backglass awhile back. but I draw more in an illustrative style. Thought I'd share the start of it. Maybe its time to wrap it up.[quoted image]

Would love to see the finished glass!

#7897 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Trent at tilt told me he still had some pros. I didn't ask about premiums.
This was in april

Thank you so much! Will inquire tomorrow.

#7898 4 years ago

my all time favorite stern machine. second favorite pin of all time. just behind dialed in.. like dialed in theme means nothing no licence for di and I never saw an episode of wd ,but a great game is a great theme

1 week later
#7899 4 years ago

Hey, guys here's my version of the TWD backglass 90% done I've started a thread to gauge interest on a small run of these.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drawing-some-backglasses-happy-trees
Screen-Shot-2019-06-15-at-11.11.34-AM (resized).jpgScreen-Shot-2019-06-15-at-11.11.34-AM (resized).jpg

#7900 4 years ago

Damn, that looks amazing! I wish you could redo all of the cabinet art.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.