R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 236.
#7751 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is already a pinned rules doc that is more thorough than the linked one.

I think you're missing the point of the Game Guides...
--- Visually Interactive Rulesheet - see the playfield and have the shots mapped for you
--- Much faster / better to get familiar with the playfield and rules quickly
--- Much better on a phone, and for quick look ups
------ Rules are much more condensed (on purpose)
------ Rules expand when clicked on - starting collapsed -> for quick indexing

The full 10 page rulesheet(s) are great, but....
--- Everyone doesn't learn the same way - the visuals are key in the Game Guides
--- They can be overwhelming at first - and take time to digest
--- Best for the "deep" understanding (sometimes)
--- The Game Guides are much better if you are at a tournament and need a quick lookup

Why not utilize both???

Do you really want to be discouraging, and push people to drop the effort of creating things like Game Guides???

http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=913

#7752 5 years ago

Here's a screeshot, showing how the Game Guide is made to work great on a phone...

TWD_Game_Guide (resized).pngTWD_Game_Guide (resized).png
#7753 5 years ago

Is there a trick to removing the right plastic return lane protector on TWD? It doesn’t seem to slide up over the post it is attached to. I wasn’t sure if it was just stuck or if I have to remove the post from the play field. I just want to install a red plastic protector underneath the current plastic. Thanks in advance for the help.

#7754 5 years ago

Was looking for the outlane extenders. Can’t locate for sale ad and are you guys recommending one or the other?

#7755 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Here's a screeshot, showing how the Game Guide is made to work great on a phone...
[quoted image]

Do you have link to this guide?

#7757 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was looking for the outlane extenders. Can’t locate for sale ad and are you guys recommending one or the other?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00605-save-post-walking-dead-by-yoyokopter

#7758 5 years ago

Drove a long way but now I'm a proud owner of a pro.

Played this a ton on location but man is this game amazing.

So far been 1 shot from horde and on a different game one shot from terminus

#7759 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Go with yoyokopter listed above, helps a lot.

#7760 5 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Is there a trick to removing the right plastic return lane protector on TWD? It doesn’t seem to slide up over the post it is attached to. I wasn’t sure if it was just stuck or if I have to remove the post from the play field. I just want to install a red plastic protector underneath the current plastic. Thanks in advance for the help.

Is you’rs different than mine? I have 2 Phillips screws that hold that in place. You just unscrew them and pull them out from the top. They are long screws that go through the playfield into T nuts.

32F1D6F4-1641-4355-A8C2-73ACFA858FD0 (resized).jpeg32F1D6F4-1641-4355-A8C2-73ACFA858FD0 (resized).jpeg
#7761 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is you’rs different than mine? I have 2 Phillips screws that hold that in place. You just unscrew them and pull them out from the top. They are long screws that go through the playfield into T nuts.[quoted image]

Thanks. It’s the same and I’ve removed the screws. It’s just that the plastic won’t slide up the post attached to the left of the ramp. I’m afraid I’m going to break the plastic trying to remove it. I just thought it would slide off.

#7762 5 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Thanks. It’s the same and I’ve removed the screws. It’s just that the plastic won’t slide up the post attached to the left of the ramp. I’m afraid I’m going to break the plastic trying to remove it. I just thought it would slide off.

Ok I think I understand. I thought it was just the return lane plastic at the bottom. If you’re trying to remove the sling plastic, the top screw needs to come out (attaching the ramp to a hex post). Then the post unscrews.

#7763 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Ok I think I understand. I thought it was just the return lane plastic at the bottom. If you’re trying to remove the sling plastic, the top screw needs to come out (attaching the ramp to a hex post). Then the post unscrews.

Perfect. Thanks. I’ll try unscrewing the post. I appreciate the help. I figured it was better to ask than to force something.

#7764 5 years ago

The pro version is done. Anyone interested in a run? If so pm me.

the walking dead alternative translite 1 (resized).jpgthe walking dead alternative translite 1 (resized).jpg

the walking dead alternative translite 2 (resized).jpgthe walking dead alternative translite 2 (resized).jpg

Premium version will be finished shortly:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-hand-drawn-alternative-translite-wip/page/3#post-4935954

#7765 5 years ago

Just ordered the color dmd.. 420.00! Pretty expensive upgrade. Can someone recommend the latest and greatest firmware with updated sounds/music?

#7766 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

[quoted image]

Man I never knew about this, awesome!

#7767 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just ordered the color dmd.. 420.00! Pretty expensive upgrade. Can someone recommend the latest and greatest firmware with updated sounds/music?

I've got the cleland mix on 1.60 I believe it is on a ColorDMD... I think the ColorDMD mod is the best bang for your buck on any upgrade... personal opinion of course.

#7768 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Personal preferences vary... but general consensus is to go with Cleland’s masterpiece with callouts taken from the show. That’s my vote at least.

#7769 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I've got the cleland mix on 1.60 I believe it is on a ColorDMD... I think the ColorDMD mod is the best bang for your buck on any upgrade... personal opinion of course.

After I install the dmd do I just update the code for Cleland like I normally would by putting usb in that board on the backbox?

#7770 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

After I install the dmd do I just update the code for Cleland like I normally would by putting usb in that board on the backbox?

Yup. And it’s a must have for fans of the show

#7771 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes.

Sometimes with some modified code updates I’ll get a message that says not valid update after its complete but it still works properly.

#7772 5 years ago

Coincidentally, I installed a colorDMD on my Pro last night that was already running the Cleland code. I installed the most updated chroma.rom and all was good. ColorDMD is the best mod of all time.

#7773 5 years ago

Is the Cleland code for sounds or for visual(color dmd)?

#7774 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Is the Cleland code for sounds or for visual(color dmd)?

Only sound, and well worth it.

#7775 5 years ago

** An Upcoming Run of TWD Premiums From Stern? **

Who is hearing rumblings about a run of TWD's this spring/summer? Anyone? I was talking to another collector, telling him about my hunt for a HUO TWD, and he casually asked if I was hearing that a run of NIB games might be coming. I told him he was the first to mention it. Is he onto something? We did get a run of MET Premiums last summer, so why not some TWD's *this* summer? Who has the inside scoop?

#7776 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** An Upcoming Run of TWD Premiums From Stern? **
Who is hearing rumblings about a run of TWD's this spring/summer? Anyone? I was talking to another collector, telling him about my hunt for a HUO TWD, and he casually asked if I was hearing that a run of NIB games might be coming. I told him he was the first to mention it. Is he onto something? We did get a run of MET Premiums last summer, so why not some TWD's *this* summer? Who has the inside scoop?

You, apparently.

#7777 5 years ago

I think you could be right as I heard mutterings of toppers being made too. I would like the Stern Topper for my machine, been looking for ages. My TWD is a keeper..

#7778 5 years ago

So something strange happened last night that I can’t figure out. Played a crappy game (extremely low score) but apparently good enough for 1st - WTF? Put my initials in and i was pretty much everything champ. Every single score had reset to default except for the GC. How does that happen? I played the night before and everything was there, no problem. Didn’t even touch the game and everything reset itself - and all but the GC!? Anyone have this happen? What could it be? I played for about an hour and I didn’t notice any weird stuff with the game other than that.

#7779 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So something strange happened last night that I can’t figure out. Played a crappy game (extremely low score) but apparently good enough for 1st - WTF? Put my initials in and i was pretty much everything champ. Every single score had reset to default except for the GC. How does that happen? I played the night before and everything was there, no problem. Didn’t even touch the game and everything reset itself - and all but the CG!? Anyone have this happen? What could it be? I played for about an hour and I didn’t notice any weird stuff with the game other than that.

By default the game resets the high scores except GC every 2,000 games. Congrats! Your game has now been played 2,000 times. Haha

#7780 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So something strange happened last night that I can’t figure out. Played a crappy game (extremely low score) but apparently good enough for 1st - WTF? Put my initials in and i was pretty much everything champ. Every single score had reset to default except for the GC. How does that happen? I played the night before and everything was there, no problem. Didn’t even touch the game and everything reset itself - and all but the GC!? Anyone have this happen? What could it be? I played for about an hour and I didn’t notice any weird stuff with the game other than that.

You can change this setting to "Off" if you don't want to lose the high scores.

Edit: Changed word used to "Off." Standard Adjustment #37

#7781 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

By default the game resets the high scores except GC every 2,000 games. Congrats! Your game has now been played 2,000 times. Haha

Haha, thanks. Two and a half years of hard work and dedication right there.

Quoted from Sparky:

You can change this setting to "Never" if you don't want to lose the high scores.

Thanks guys! I had no idea this feature existed. It’s incredibly annoying so I will absolutely change it. Is this just a Stern thing?

#7782 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Thanks guys! I had no idea this feature existed. It’s incredibly annoying so I will absolutely change it. Is this just a Stern thing?

You may want to check that your running the latest code if it's been 2.5 years. Should be version 1.6

#7783 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Nah they all do it. CGC, JJP, Stern etc.

#7784 5 years ago

It is the latest code. I put the Cleland version on it maybe a year ago, not sure exactly. That’s what kind of has me confused as well - there’s no way I put 2000 games on it in a year.....or did I

Edit: yup, it shows over 2000 plays in the audits

#7785 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Nah they all do it. CGC, JJP, Stern etc.

Good to know. Thanks.

Had to put up a new GC to make me feel better

0AFCFBD9-DDF6-4A85-9512-1ADB5B081D43 (resized).jpeg0AFCFBD9-DDF6-4A85-9512-1ADB5B081D43 (resized).jpeg
#7786 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You can change this setting to "Never" if you don't want to lose the high scores.

I'm at 1602 games since I installed the new code I don't want to lose my high scores where is this? Thanks

#7787 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I'm at 1602 games since I installed the new code I don't want to lose my high scores where is this? Thanks

Standard Adjustment #37. You want "Off" not "Never." I think Bally/Williams games are "Never."

#7788 5 years ago

I need to go through all my games to turn that off.

#7789 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Standard Adjustment #37. You want "Off" not "Never." I think Bally/Williams games are "Never."

I did not know that! Thank you

#7790 4 years ago

Just finished install color dmd this am it actually was pretty easy . But man oh man I didn’t realize what a mess of wires twd is compared to newer machines . It’s like crazy under the play field !

#7791 4 years ago

hey guys so color dmd is awesome and all, but it doesn't fill up the whole screen, is there a way to adjust that? I know it can vertically but what about enlarging the picture to fill the screen edges?

#7792 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

hey guys so color dmd is awesome and all, but it doesn't fill up the whole screen, is there a way to adjust that? I know it can vertically but what about enlarging the picture to fill the screen edges?

Does it look smaller than this?

C06C82DB-E77E-4F7F-83B8-87529806DABF (resized).jpegC06C82DB-E77E-4F7F-83B8-87529806DABF (resized).jpeg
#7793 4 years ago

I typically wouldn’t add something to a game that would change the play beyond what the designer intended. That being said I just installed the yoyokopter outlane extenders and they are great. The only issue I had with this machine before was the inconsistency of how the game played. With the outlane extenders the ball still goes in the outlane, but with far less cheap drains. I also like how you can put different sized rubber rings on the extender to change the difficulty of the outlanes. Excellent addition and I would recommend them to anyone that is getting frustrated by cheap side drains.

#7794 4 years ago

Can you define what a cheap drain is?

#7795 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I typically wouldn’t add something to a game that would change the play beyond what the designer intended. That being said I just installed the yoyokopter outlane extenders and they are great. The only issue I had with this machine before was the inconsistency of how the game played. With the outlane extenders the ball still goes in the outlane, but with far less cheap drains. I also like how you can put different sized rubber rings on the extender to change the difficulty of the outlanes. Excellent addition and I would recommend them to anyone that is getting frustrated by cheap side drains.

So basically you changed the play of the game to something other than what the designer intended.
Not knocking anyone that has done this but I wouldn’t consider my scores and yours to be comparable now. The trick is to keep the ball from bouncing into the lanes, not block the out-lanes with an add-on part. You’ll never eliminate ‘cheap’ drains on any game but there are ways to manipulate the ball to reduce them significantly. The more I played the better I got at doing it on this game.

Practice and play better is my suggestion instead of changing the playfield.

#7796 4 years ago

It's his game he can, and should, set it up however he wants to give him maximum enjoyment.

#7797 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

It's his game he can, and should, set it up however he wants to give him maximum enjoyment.

Of course. I doubt anyone would disagree with you on that. Just offering my opinion on that particular mod.

#7798 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So basically you changed the play of the game to something other than what the designer intended.
Not knocking anyone that has done this but I wouldn’t consider my scores and yours to be comparable now. The trick is to keep the ball from bouncing into the lanes, not block the out-lanes with an add-on part. You’ll never eliminate ‘cheap’ drains on any game but there are ways to manipulate the ball to reduce them significantly. The more I played the better I got at doing it on this game.
Practice and play better is my suggestion instead of changing the playfield.

I agree with everything but the last statement. I did change the game so I could play it. I actually had it up for sale because it was to hard for me. It certainly is not to hard for everyone, but for me it was and made the game so it wasn’t enjoyable. My GC for stock is 800k plus as I’ve posted in this thread. That was a great game and i believe high score #1 is around 350k also as I have posted in this thread. The problem is I could not play the game consistently as it was stock. Because of that I would get unhealthy mad at the game for the 5M, 10M, 40M games. That is a me problem. I did something to the game to try and make it enjoyable again. I would never again post a high score in here as I know it doesn’t mean anything because I changed the game, but more people can enjoy the excellent coding and gameplay now that this mod is in place. I never said it was for everyone, just for the people that are frustrated enough to sell it.

#7799 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

more people can enjoy the excellent coding and gameplay now that this mod is in place

Word. I have the Yoyokopters, my outlane posts are the big clear star posts on the lowest setting, I have every mode set to Extra Easy, and the game is set for 5 balls! I’m not a terrible player but this allows me and my friends to experience more of the game. So far I have hit Horde only twice. Yes, I know I suck but this is the only game that gets my heart rate up and is a total adrenaline rush when it really gets going. If I ever feel that I’m going too far too easily then I can always make it harder.

#7800 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does it look smaller than this?
[quoted image]

It’s this big see the blAck border is that normal ?

14E797DF-17AE-4C11-BE15-1E7B721EE466 (resized).jpeg14E797DF-17AE-4C11-BE15-1E7B721EE466 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 26.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/156?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.