Topic Stats

• 7,790 posts
  • 532 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 minutes ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,291 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0AFCFBD9-DDF6-4A85-9512-1ADB5B081D43 (resized).jpeg
the walking dead alternative translite 2 (resized).jpg
the walking dead alternative translite 1 (resized).jpg
32F1D6F4-1641-4355-A8C2-73ACFA858FD0 (resized).jpeg
TWD_Game_Guide (resized).png
the walking dead alternate translite 5 (resized).jpg
the walking dead alternate translite 4 (resized).jpg
the walking dead alternate translite 6 (resized).jpg
the walking dead alternate translite 3 (resized).jpg
the walking dead alternate translite 2 (resized).jpg
the walking dead alternate translite 1 (resized).jpg
A0E8A102-B1F0-4CD7-958C-C5FA2DF30ED9 (resized).jpeg
5E4C319C-7AB9-41B7-8F40-3590575E7E7D (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
84E7CE34-E654-4C5E-A8B8-0D63D3230E1D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7790 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 156.
#7751 10 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is already a pinned rules doc that is more thorough than the linked one.

I think you're missing the point of the Game Guides...
--- Visually Interactive Rulesheet - see the playfield and have the shots mapped for you
--- Much faster / better to get familiar with the playfield and rules quickly
--- Much better on a phone, and for quick look ups
------ Rules are much more condensed (on purpose)
------ Rules expand when clicked on - starting collapsed -> for quick indexing

The full 10 page rulesheet(s) are great, but....
--- Everyone doesn't learn the same way - the visuals are key in the Game Guides
--- They can be overwhelming at first - and take time to digest
--- Best for the "deep" understanding (sometimes)
--- The Game Guides are much better if you are at a tournament and need a quick lookup

Why not utilize both???

Do you really want to be discouraging, and push people to drop the effort of creating things like Game Guides???

http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=913

#7752 10 days ago

Here's a screeshot, showing how the Game Guide is made to work great on a phone...

TWD_Game_Guide (resized).png
#7753 8 days ago

Is there a trick to removing the right plastic return lane protector on TWD? It doesn’t seem to slide up over the post it is attached to. I wasn’t sure if it was just stuck or if I have to remove the post from the play field. I just want to install a red plastic protector underneath the current plastic. Thanks in advance for the help.

#7754 8 days ago

Was looking for the outlane extenders. Can’t locate for sale ad and are you guys recommending one or the other?

#7755 8 days ago
Quoted from T7:

Here's a screeshot, showing how the Game Guide is made to work great on a phone...
[quoted image]

Do you have link to this guide?

#7757 8 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Was looking for the outlane extenders. Can’t locate for sale ad and are you guys recommending one or the other?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00605-save-post-walking-dead-by-yoyokopter

#7758 8 days ago

Drove a long way but now I'm a proud owner of a pro.

Played this a ton on location but man is this game amazing.

So far been 1 shot from horde and on a different game one shot from terminus

#7759 8 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Go with yoyokopter listed above, helps a lot.

#7760 8 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Is there a trick to removing the right plastic return lane protector on TWD? It doesn’t seem to slide up over the post it is attached to. I wasn’t sure if it was just stuck or if I have to remove the post from the play field. I just want to install a red plastic protector underneath the current plastic. Thanks in advance for the help.

Is you’rs different than mine? I have 2 Phillips screws that hold that in place. You just unscrew them and pull them out from the top. They are long screws that go through the playfield into T nuts.

32F1D6F4-1641-4355-A8C2-73ACFA858FD0 (resized).jpeg
#7761 8 days ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is you’rs different than mine? I have 2 Phillips screws that hold that in place. You just unscrew them and pull them out from the top. They are long screws that go through the playfield into T nuts.[quoted image]

Thanks. It’s the same and I’ve removed the screws. It’s just that the plastic won’t slide up the post attached to the left of the ramp. I’m afraid I’m going to break the plastic trying to remove it. I just thought it would slide off.

#7762 7 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Thanks. It’s the same and I’ve removed the screws. It’s just that the plastic won’t slide up the post attached to the left of the ramp. I’m afraid I’m going to break the plastic trying to remove it. I just thought it would slide off.

Ok I think I understand. I thought it was just the return lane plastic at the bottom. If you’re trying to remove the sling plastic, the top screw needs to come out (attaching the ramp to a hex post). Then the post unscrews.

#7763 7 days ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Ok I think I understand. I thought it was just the return lane plastic at the bottom. If you’re trying to remove the sling plastic, the top screw needs to come out (attaching the ramp to a hex post). Then the post unscrews.

Perfect. Thanks. I’ll try unscrewing the post. I appreciate the help. I figured it was better to ask than to force something.

#7764 6 days ago

The pro version is done. Anyone interested in a run? If so pm me.

the walking dead alternative translite 1 (resized).jpg

the walking dead alternative translite 2 (resized).jpg

Premium version will be finished shortly:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-hand-drawn-alternative-translite-wip/page/3#post-4935954

#7765 5 days ago

Just ordered the color dmd.. 420.00! Pretty expensive upgrade. Can someone recommend the latest and greatest firmware with updated sounds/music?

#7766 5 days ago
Quoted from T7:

[quoted image]

Man I never knew about this, awesome!

#7767 5 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just ordered the color dmd.. 420.00! Pretty expensive upgrade. Can someone recommend the latest and greatest firmware with updated sounds/music?

I've got the cleland mix on 1.60 I believe it is on a ColorDMD... I think the ColorDMD mod is the best bang for your buck on any upgrade... personal opinion of course.

#7768 5 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Personal preferences vary... but general consensus is to go with Cleland’s masterpiece with callouts taken from the show. That’s my vote at least.

#7769 5 days ago
Quoted from roar:

I've got the cleland mix on 1.60 I believe it is on a ColorDMD... I think the ColorDMD mod is the best bang for your buck on any upgrade... personal opinion of course.

After I install the dmd do I just update the code for Cleland like I normally would by putting usb in that board on the backbox?

#7770 5 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

After I install the dmd do I just update the code for Cleland like I normally would by putting usb in that board on the backbox?

Yup. And it’s a must have for fans of the show

#7771 5 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes.

Sometimes with some modified code updates I’ll get a message that says not valid update after its complete but it still works properly.

#7772 4 days ago

Coincidentally, I installed a colorDMD on my Pro last night that was already running the Cleland code. I installed the most updated chroma.rom and all was good. ColorDMD is the best mod of all time.

#7773 4 days ago

Is the Cleland code for sounds or for visual(color dmd)?

#7774 4 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Is the Cleland code for sounds or for visual(color dmd)?

Only sound, and well worth it.

#7775 2 days ago

** An Upcoming Run of TWD Premiums From Stern? **

Who is hearing rumblings about a run of TWD's this spring/summer? Anyone? I was talking to another collector, telling him about my hunt for a HUO TWD, and he casually asked if I was hearing that a run of NIB games might be coming. I told him he was the first to mention it. Is he onto something? We did get a run of MET Premiums last summer, so why not some TWD's *this* summer? Who has the inside scoop?

#7776 2 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** An Upcoming Run of TWD Premiums From Stern? **
Who is hearing rumblings about a run of TWD's this spring/summer? Anyone? I was talking to another collector, telling him about my hunt for a HUO TWD, and he casually asked if I was hearing that a run of NIB games might be coming. I told him he was the first to mention it. Is he onto something? We did get a run of MET Premiums last summer, so why not some TWD's *this* summer? Who has the inside scoop?

You, apparently.

#7777 2 days ago

I think you could be right as I heard mutterings of toppers being made too. I would like the Stern Topper for my machine, been looking for ages. My TWD is a keeper..

#7778 1 day ago

So something strange happened last night that I can’t figure out. Played a crappy game (extremely low score) but apparently good enough for 1st - WTF? Put my initials in and i was pretty much everything champ. Every single score had reset to default except for the GC. How does that happen? I played the night before and everything was there, no problem. Didn’t even touch the game and everything reset itself - and all but the GC!? Anyone have this happen? What could it be? I played for about an hour and I didn’t notice any weird stuff with the game other than that.

#7779 1 day ago
Quoted from pipes:

So something strange happened last night that I can’t figure out. Played a crappy game (extremely low score) but apparently good enough for 1st - WTF? Put my initials in and i was pretty much everything champ. Every single score had reset to default except for the GC. How does that happen? I played the night before and everything was there, no problem. Didn’t even touch the game and everything reset itself - and all but the CG!? Anyone have this happen? What could it be? I played for about an hour and I didn’t notice any weird stuff with the game other than that.

By default the game resets the high scores except GC every 2,000 games. Congrats! Your game has now been played 2,000 times. Haha

#7780 1 day ago
Quoted from pipes:

So something strange happened last night that I can’t figure out. Played a crappy game (extremely low score) but apparently good enough for 1st - WTF? Put my initials in and i was pretty much everything champ. Every single score had reset to default except for the GC. How does that happen? I played the night before and everything was there, no problem. Didn’t even touch the game and everything reset itself - and all but the GC!? Anyone have this happen? What could it be? I played for about an hour and I didn’t notice any weird stuff with the game other than that.

You can change this setting to "Off" if you don't want to lose the high scores.

Edit: Changed word used to "Off." Standard Adjustment #37

#7781 1 day ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

By default the game resets the high scores except GC every 2,000 games. Congrats! Your game has now been played 2,000 times. Haha

Haha, thanks. Two and a half years of hard work and dedication right there.

Quoted from Sparky:

You can change this setting to "Never" if you don't want to lose the high scores.

Thanks guys! I had no idea this feature existed. It’s incredibly annoying so I will absolutely change it. Is this just a Stern thing?

#7782 1 day ago
Quoted from pipes:

Thanks guys! I had no idea this feature existed. It’s incredibly annoying so I will absolutely change it. Is this just a Stern thing?

You may want to check that your running the latest code if it's been 2.5 years. Should be version 1.6

#7783 1 day ago
Quoted from pipes:

Nah they all do it. CGC, JJP, Stern etc.

#7784 1 day ago

It is the latest code. I put the Cleland version on it maybe a year ago, not sure exactly. That’s what kind of has me confused as well - there’s no way I put 2000 games on it in a year.....or did I

Edit: yup, it shows over 2000 plays in the audits

#7785 1 day ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Nah they all do it. CGC, JJP, Stern etc.

Good to know. Thanks.

Had to put up a new GC to make me feel better

0AFCFBD9-DDF6-4A85-9512-1ADB5B081D43 (resized).jpeg
#7786 1 day ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You can change this setting to "Never" if you don't want to lose the high scores.

I'm at 1602 games since I installed the new code I don't want to lose my high scores where is this? Thanks

#7787 1 day ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I'm at 1602 games since I installed the new code I don't want to lose my high scores where is this? Thanks

Standard Adjustment #37. You want "Off" not "Never." I think Bally/Williams games are "Never."

#7788 1 day ago

I need to go through all my games to turn that off.

#7789 1 day ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Standard Adjustment #37. You want "Off" not "Never." I think Bally/Williams games are "Never."

I did not know that! Thank you

#7790 26 minutes ago

Just finished install color dmd this am it actually was pretty easy . But man oh man I didn’t realize what a mess of wires twd is compared to newer machines . It’s like crazy under the play field !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
6,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Winchester, VA
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton , FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 7790 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 156.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside